Scottish independence and devolution superthread

Happy Hearts

that's a big Yes win in Dundee. Worrying.

Yes wanted 60% plus and a higher turnout.

That wasnt that good a result for yes

Edited by Jammy T

J.T.F.Robertson

You just need to look at the "safe bet" Yes councils pre-counting, areas like the Western Isles and Inverclyde - they are trending to No, and this will only be amplified as the bigger councils declare.

Salmond and the Yes campaign look to have underestimated the power of people's job security, pensions and currency quite massively - and should have concentrated on answers for those huge concerns instead of soapboxing the scaremongerer speeches.

If true, in the lead up to something as monumental as this, how could they? Other than to the raving nationalist, what else is there? (not my ideal reality either, btw)

Just back fromthe strip I magaluf...what's it looking like? Mt brother says 50 50 but that doesn't seem to be what I'm seeing? My yes pal has been crying all night.

You just need to look at the "safe bet" Yes councils pre-counting, areas like the Western Isles and Inverclyde - they are trending to No, and this will only be amplified as the bigger councils declare.

Salmond and the Yes campaign look to have underestimated the power of people's job security, pensions and currency quite massively - and should have concentrated on answers for those huge concerns instead of soapboxing the scaremongerer speeches.

The campaign started with support at 30% and it has risen to anything between 45 and 48% yet it is seen as a faliure.

It is not a win but it is not the 'huge failure' some will paint it.

It was not an 'our time has came moment' but neither is it the absolute disaster the madia will like to have us believe.

He went into the campaign with hope and MAY come out of it with increased powers but certainly with the political landscape of the UK changing and that change may well lead to his final goal.

In 1979 there was all the chat of disaster when there were not even enough people who bothered to vote to reach the needed % of votes cast yet where are we today.

As you say though a more exact picture needed to be painted for people to vote Yes in greater numbers rather than the promise that all will be well

Just back fromthe strip I magaluf...what's it looking like? Mt brother says 50 50 but that doesn't seem to be what I'm seeing? My yes pal has been crying all night.

That's because you're back. ;)