Scottish independence and devolution superthread

Happy Hearts

Geoff Kilpatrick

Just read that there is 422k English born people living in Scotland and eligible to vote and 680k Scottish born people living in England who can't vote, wonder how that would change the result if it was reversed. (reversed is probs not the correct term but you'll know what I mean)

I asked that about 5m pages ago. A lovely irony if the English save the union!

I did, and didn't find everything.

There's no evidence here, only conjecture. Maybe someone who knows more about the industry and the way odds are set could shed light on it. What's been said here by some people is that the bookies know more than we do about the count. They don't, and there's no evidence that they do.

Unless we are talking about Horse Racing where I suspect they often do :thumbsdown:

No vote in Edinburgh postal a could be as much as 70%

70:30 has been in the wind for several days. There have been postal vote opening sessions since 8th so a fair indication might be gathered by now.

I find it a bit bizarre given it is the biggest yes city in Scotland

Complacency?

If I had to guess - they've made a huge push to register people who've never voted & been engaged before. They then have to rely on them actually voting. It's sounding like they haven't

Just speculation mind you

Thanks guys.

Good link from Brandt further up the page showing the Yes ratings of each area...(not sure how they got their rating though? Perhaps canvassing or previous SNP vote perhaps?)

link posted by brandt has the boarders at 9.... think the ratings are a bit bs.

Oops...so it does Borders is actually zero.

If I had to guess - they've made a huge push to register people who've never voted & been engaged before. They then have to rely on them actually voting. It's sounding like they haven't

Just speculation mind you

Maybe an issue with the yes campaigns minibuses and people carriers.

Alan Roden of the Scottish Daily Mail tweets: #indyref intelligence: No slightly behind in W. Dunbartonshire and Inverclyde, neck-and-neck in N. Lanarkshire, well ahead in S. Lanarkshire

In 2011, the two main parties supporting Yes (SNP and Greens) scored something like 50% in Clackmannanshire. The Yes vote in Clackmannanshire needs to be ahead of that if Yes is to win.