Scottish independence and devolution superthread

Happy Hearts

That's a shocker. Bit kneejerk but expecting a ten point No win now..

Only one return, but that points to a No win nationwide by about 55-45.

We seem to be in agreement so far.

these arseholes who waste their vote by defacing their card. Why? what is the point.

A possible reason, dissatisfaction at the overall political process. It was 24 people which is minuscule in the usual run of things.

Edited by Smack

these arseholes who waste their vote by defacing their card. Why? what is the point.

Its either numpties or an attempt at a protest vote against the referendum. I'd go with the former.

middle class = NO

Correct. I'm in West Aberdeen. Its No central. Then it goes out to Royal Deeside where Queenie is currently in residence. I don't know if she got a vote due to residency.

Yes or No, the turnout is phenomenal, and says that it should be possible for the political system to engage with and make itself relevant to the electorate.

My granny Cath was from Alloa and would have voted No for working class solidarity. I'm very proud of this.

My granny Margaret was from Alloa and I'm proud to know that she would have cancelled out your granny's vote ;)

Geoff Kilpatrick

Yes or No, the turnout is phenomenal, and says that it should be possible for the political system to engage with and make itself relevant to the electorate.

This. The turnouts are similar to the west of the Bann constituencies in Northern Ireland.

West Lothian yes have conceded defeat. It's a no. I'm disappointed but I'll move on....I might wage guerrilla warfare...but I'll probably move on and deal with it.