Scottish independence and devolution superthread

Happy Hearts

Going to be a landslide No by the looks of things, wonder how long before the extra powers timetable gets scrapped.

simple vote lib dem. the only true federalist party.

'Only' 75% in Glasgow...

When others are reporting 85-90% that is very low and knocks off the equivalent of about three clackmannanshires from the overall total...

Thunder and lightening in London

Salmond nowhere to be seen on TV

[modedit]

And now my sky signal has gone.... Boy he is a powerful man

Apocalypse

Edited by JKBMod 1

Orkney I love you. 67% is still big.

Imagine everywhere voted no and then Dundee and Glasgow swung a yes overall win. Carnage.

Edited by jambo1185

jambos are go!

As far as the betting is concerned folk with big bets on No will now be able to cover there bets by hoovering up money for yes. The guy who seemingly stands to win 700 grand on NO can try and place 70 grand on YES at an average of 10/1 and go to bed knowing they are certain to win at least 630k. . Exchange betters and the bookies will will be trying to get their hands on as much YES money as possible.

As far as bookies intelligence is concerned they will virtually certainly have access to what is happening and being said in both HQs and major counting stations. Either though contacts or filthy lucre

Edited by jambos are go!

Salmond now relying on Urban areas to trample over the rural areas- how ironic relying on large urban sprawl to overwhelm the rest of the country. How very "london"

Glasgow and Dundee lowest turnouts? Not good enough for Yes?

Definitely this will be analysed. The low turnout in Glasgow in particular is bad news for Yes even if they win it.

5Live saying they are estimating 80% No in the Borders.

Still calling it an SNP win Geoff? Its going to 60/40 and DC will be gutted he gave away Devo Max unnecessarily.

Going to be a landslide No by the looks of things, wonder how long before the extra powers timetable gets scrapped.

What do you think a landslide is ?

You cannot go back from promises made so there will be new powers.

What will change is the make up of the UK.. there will be a move towards federalism and we will see the rise of English Nationalism as well.

This vote is simply a 'plug in the dam' kind of moment....there will be no independance now but the move towards it will not be stopped. The youth of the country have voted heavily Yes and the old heavily No.

I don't want to point out the obvious but time will change matters and when the next vote comes around (and it will) things may well differ.

The only thing I can see stopping this is the extra powers coming in and being shown to work............but this may be counter balanced by a rise in English Nationalism and the impact of that upon those north of the border (such as money/funding splits)

People may vote to leave that behind should they feel that changes are being foisted upon them from south of the border and money talks as we have seen today.

This vote has brought upon the UK unavoidable change in the future make up of the 'family connection'

Edited by CJGJ

What will change is the make up of the UK.. there will be a move towards federalism and we will see the rise of English Nationalism as well.

This vote is simply a 'plug in the dam' kind of moment....there will be no independance now but the move towards it will not be stopped. The youth of the country have voted heavily Yes and the old heavily No.

I don't want to point out the obvious but time will change matters and when the next vote comes around (and it will) things may well differ.

The only thing I can see stopping this is the extra powers coming in and being shown to work............but this may be counter balanced by a rise in English Nationalism and the impact of that upon those north of the border (such as money/funding splits)

People may vote to leave that behind should they feel that changes are being foisted upon them from south of the border and money talks as we have seen today.

Going back on it has started already. "It must be fair to the rest of the UK". Aye....but that's not what you said.

This vote has brought upon the UK unavoidable change in the future make up of the 'family connection'

Good post but see the bit in bold? :rofl:

Any reason the bbc keep going to the better together party? Are the yes not speaking to them?

There isn't an 'official' yes party to go to.

Edited by jambo1185

Any reason the bbc keep going to the better together party? Are the yes not speaking to them?

Don't think Yes have an official event tonight...

CJGJ

It is well recognised that voting habits change in a lot of people as they get older

As young voters now get older, get jobs, have families and start thinking about things like pensions and owning houses a lot of them will vote differently.

The young that have voted yes this time will not all vote yes in 30 years

You can take that to the bank

Geoff Kilpatrick

Still calling it an SNP win Geoff? Its going to 60/40 and DC will be gutted he gave away Devo Max unnecessarily.

Under 45% will be an awful result for the Nats. It will be generational as Salmond said.

CJGJ

It is well recognised that voting habits change in a lot of people as they get older

As young voters now get older, get jobs, have families and start thinking about things like pensions and owning houses a lot of them will vote differently.

The young that have voted yes this time will not all vote yes in 30 years

You can take that to the bank

do we have any evidence that young people have vored yes? ulyseses?

• Moderators

Please enjoy taking a full part in the debate as the results come in, but remember we will be taking a zero tolerance approach to trolling and personal abuse on this thread.

Any kind of personal abuse, personalised remarks, trolling or 'GIRUY/GIRUT' posting will result in an immediate suspension.

Another reminder to members from me.

do we have any evidence that young people have vored yes? ulyseses?

Facebook is a pretty good indicator, I've barely seen a mention of the no campaign on my feed