Scottish independence and devolution superthread

Happy Hearts

Correct. There will be no trolling on here but anything goes on there! :)

:spoton:

This place has been a ray of sunshine in amongst a shower of shite!

Twitter is full of 'my nan was No but then she voted Yes stories'. Calling BS tbh.

I have seen them and I don't believe even half of them, but I've heard actual people say that rather than just folk on Twitter. Of course I'm as skeptical of them as well but there's an awful lot of people that I know were voting no who've changed their minds.

This morning I was no.

I voted yes. Ive agonised over it but am convinced i have done the right thing.

At the end of the day noone is right or wrong if they are content they did right by themself.

This morning I was no.

At the end of the day noone is right or wrong if they are content they did right by themself.

What made you flip?

Toxteth O'Grady

Gordon Brown swung it for me -I voted YES

The vibes I'm getting is that it will be "Scotland the Feardies"

Edited by Toxteth O'Grady

I know of 2 people that changed their mind in the polling booth and voted Yes. I'd say out of people I know it's probably 50/50 and hard to call. The OAP's are key to the No vote.

This morning I was no.

Mind me asking what swung it for you?

Surprised at my reaction at all of this. Up until the last week or 2 it hasn't phased me but now I'm feeling really excited.

As a yes voter I'm obviously looking forward and hopeful to change. It's pretty daunting when I think about it being announced though if it happens.

Like I said it's just never occurred to me til lately just how big this is. I guess it just feels great to be part of something so monumental, and if independence happens, it feels great to be able to tell the grand kids that I played a part in that moment of history.

I know of 2 people that changed their mind in the polling booth and voted Yes. I'd say out of people I know it's probably 50/50 and hard to call. The OAP's are key to the No vote.

That's the worrying thing about all of this.

People not voting with their brain.

The bookies had No at 1/5 or even 1/6 whilst Yes was 4/1

Voting for myself would have made the decision easy.

The fact I was voting for future generations and the impact upon them really focused the mind as opposed to the usual UK elections and I think that has been the case for many along with younger people being given the vote for the first time.

This vote is being made on faith and hope for there are no guarantees that can truly be offered by either side especially from a Yes point of view but time for a leap of faith so Yes was ticked/crossed on the paper.

Edited by CJGJ

Toxteth O'Grady

Wow - fair dues but his speech yesterday was the only one I saw with any integrity and gravitas the whole campaign.

I hate him more than Hibs, he is the buffoon that put our country in a financial black hole.

Edited by Toxteth O'Grady

Yes vote in from me. As a farmer it is a massive gamble but I know for certain our industry gets worse every year and we are held to ransom each year by new legislations etc and every one of them comes with the threat of cutting what little subsidy we get if we don't comply.

If we make mistakes at least they will be our own. Instead of paying for the mistakes of a government that sees us as a dripping roast they can syphon money from when they **** something up.

What made you flip?

4/5 reasons mate. But I thinkit was the fact that I simply went for hope over fear. And if its yes we will all pull together more than it was no to make it work

I hate him with a passion, he is the buffoon that put our country in a financial black hole.

Fair enough

I couldn't vote for any 'Team' that had Elaine C Smith whining on in the background....

Wow - fair dues but his speech yesterday was the only one I saw with any integrity and gravitas the whole campaign.

Agreed, prior to that Better Together ran a woeful campaign throughout...

The Future's Maroon

Sky News for me

Sky News for me although will jump between BBC and Sky in early hours I imagine.

4/5 reasons mate. But I thinkit was the fact that I simply went for hope over fear. And if its yes we will all pull together more than it was no to make it work

I hope your are right but history doesn't suggest you are.

BoJack Horseman

Surprised at my reaction at all of this. Up until the last week or 2 it hasn't phased me but now I'm feeling really excited.

As a yes voter I'm obviously looking forward and hopeful to change. It's pretty daunting when I think about it being announced though if it happens.

Like I said it's just never occurred to me til lately just how big this is. I guess it just feels great to be part of something so monumental, and if independence happens, it feels great to be able to tell the grand kids that I played a part in that moment of history.

Sums up my feelings. Couldn't have cared less about a week ago. Absolutely buzzing now. Doubt I'll sleep.

Yes vote in from me. As a farmer it is a massive gamble but I know for certain our industry gets worse every year and we are held to ransom each year by new legislations etc and every one of them comes with the threat of cutting what little subsidy we get if we don't comply.

If we make mistakes at least they will be our own. Instead of paying for the mistakes of a government that sees us as a dripping roast they can syphon money from when they **** something up.

Surprised to hear that as just about every farmers field I passed in the last month or so had 'No Thanks' signs and hoardings therin

Was going to abstain. Genuinely couldn't make my mind up until about half 8 tonight. Eventually made my decision.

Strap in and hold tight everybody. This could get bumpy.

Do you mean for both sides?

No, people changing their mind on a whim in 1 second in a voting booth.

It's not a brain led vote

But I get your point

:)

Edited by Jammy T

I genuinely think it's a shame that people have been manipulated to think that some sort of political utopia exists out there and that Scotland will be the first country to find the formula.

The Future's Maroon

CNN apparently with Yes at 58%

Edit: they've messed up. Their poll adds up to 110%.

Bloody Yanks, what do they know? Edited by The Future's Maroon

The Carse has been predominantly no signs until this past week. Quite a lot of Farmers got the YES signs up this week to balance it out including one cutting YES into his field on a hillside. My gut feeling is that it's a yes. I understand that my gut feeling counts for nothing :)

Toxteth O'Grady

Huge turnout I hear, well done to the people of Scotland.

I'm off to bed now and will wake up to the result and accept it however it goes.

Was going to abstain. Genuinely couldn't make my mind up until about half 8 tonight. Eventually made my decision.

Strap in and hold tight everybody. This could get bumpy.

Glad you did not abstain.......however you voted the vote itself is significant and important for all in the country.

YouGov's poll is 54% No, 46% Yes

Again worth noting that some of these polls have been declared effectively void if turnout is above 80% which it's looking likely to be.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

What's the deal with the prices at the bookies? What could they be basing that on considering every outlet seems to think too close to call?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Things to happen irrespective of the outcome:-

1. Cameron to face a leadership challenge

2. Brown to start plotting a comeback to replace Ed