Scottish independence and devolution superthread

Happy Hearts

The Mighty Thor
Another debate on the BBC tonight. Ruth Davidson and Douglas Alexander for Better Together. The Rab C Actress and someone from the SNP for the other side.

It's only right the Ruth gets on. The minority parties should be represented in such an important decision.

Another debate on the BBC tonight. Ruth Davidson and Douglas Alexander for Better Together. The Rab C Actress and someone from the SNP for the other side.

Won't someone think of the people of shettleston? Can play Elaine c smith bingo tonight with talk of foodbanks there and low life expectancy.

Stuart hosie is the snp guy tonight and I wasn't impressed with his answers last time he was on the news. Easy win for no tonight on actual logic matters but Elaine c smith is one of the people and so that will carry a lot of weight too.

MrWinningSmith

Has anyone who is in the Yes camp or undecided been impressed with Ruth Davidson? Or is it only No voters?

I'm in the yes camp and Inwas very impressed with her at times. I think she does come across very well. I see why the No compain put her on TV rather than Johann Lamont, she is an accident waiting to happen.

Edited by MrWinningSmith

ToadKiller Dog

Has anyone who is in the Yes camp or undecided been impressed with Ruth Davidson? Or is it only No voters?

Can't get over her silly comment about Scotland being under threat from Russian attack and her admitting the Tory party won't likely win the the next general election .

That Keser Dugdale from labour labour has maybe been the best of the No team in my view .

Can't take Davidson seriously over her warning of Russian invasion .

Didn't see the kids debate she was on .

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

jambos are go!

Can this debate be seen outsode the UK?

Im reading it from Orlando. Tempted to have a punt on No to get 60% plus. Placed a postal vote for No before I left but regretting having gone on holiday till the 20th. Regardless of the outcome the reaction will be electric but hopefully not explosive. Scotland will still be Scotland.

Will be totally jetlagged but will make the match on Saturday.

Edited by jambos are go!

Nope.

Only reason she is in the feckin parliament is the Regional Lists.

No mandate to talk about anything as far as i'm concerned.

She talks well and shows the requisite passion, but can't see her points having much appeal outside the No camp.

Anybody and everybody has a "mandate to speak". Whether you have the support of the whole country or not.

It seems some people think that a Yes vote is a vote to abolish frustration, disappointment and not getting your own way.

Chaka Demus & pliers

Can't get over her silly comment about Scotland being under threat from Russian attack and her admitting the Tory party won't likely win the the next general election .

That Keser Dugdale from labour labour has maybe been the best of the No team in my view .

Can't take Davidson seriously over her warning of Russian invasion .

Didn't see the kids debate she was on .

She tried to claim during the kids debate that Standard Life had issued a statement saying that they'd be moving 5000 jobs down South.

Sturgeon quite rightly told her she was talking shite but didn't get the chance to properly challenge her on it.

I think every time I've heard her she has spoke well, don't particularly agree with her though. (I may add the Putin invading thing was quite cringeworthy)

Mostly I've been impressed with Harvie, might even vote green at some point in the future.

She tried to claim during the kids debate that Standard Life had issued a statement saying that they'd be moving 5000 jobs down South.

Sturgeon quite rightly told her she was talking shite but didn't get the chance to properly challenge her on it.

Sturgeon nailed her a good few times that night, the whole "the money has being sent up" was doing my head in.

Chaka Demus & pliers

There she goes again.

Malinga the Swinga

Stuart/Stewart Hosie is a strange looking joker and seems ill at ease in panel. Every time someone speaks, he has a quizzical look on his face as if he doesn't understand why people don't agree with him.

Who believes that we won't lose jobs if businesses take their head offices down South. You would have to believe in the tooth fairy to think the main banks, the assurance companies and others won't take jobs down South.

As for E C Smith, she should stick to Rab C Nesbitt.

Malinga the Swinga

What is Team Scotland? Why is Smith mentioning Margo MacDonald as an excuse for Sillar's ridiculous statements? What has this got to do with the referendum.

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

Chaka Demus & pliers

Stuart/Stewart Hosie is a strange looking joker and seems ill at ease in panel. Every time someone speaks, he has a quizzical look on his face as if he doesn't understand why people don't agree with him.

Who believes that we won't lose jobs if businesses take their head offices down South. You would have to believe in the tooth fairy to think the main banks, the assurance companies and others won't take jobs down South.

As for E C Smith, she should stick to Rab C Nesbitt.

Some jobs will go, no doubt. Mostly in senior roles.

Wrong. You can't retain an operation the size of RBS and lloyds when they no longer have a head office and registered office in a foreign country.

Jobs will go the operations are loo large in Scotland

Banks are reducing their overseas functions not increasing

Malinga the Swinga

Loads of HO roles will go but it is okay, the SNP and Elaine will be having a party. They will have jobs for themselves and those who lose their's, well tough on them apparently. Is this really the best the Yes camp can do?

Chaka Demus & pliers

Wrong. You can't retain an operation the size of RBS and lloyds when they no longer have a head office and registered office in a foreign country.

Jobs will go the operations are loo large in Scotland

Banks are reducing their overseas functions not increasing

RBS Chief Exec doesn't seem to think so.

RBS Chief Exec doesn't seem to think so.

Of course he is going to say there are no job losses!

Over the next few years jobs will be lost as Scotland and England grow further apart

Malinga the Swinga

Alexander and Davidson are streets ahead of the Yes two. To be fair, Howie and Smith look like they have just w

Been dragged into the debate without preparing for any difficult questions.

Of course he is going to say there are no job losses!

Over the next few years jobs will be lost as Scotland and England grow further apart

RBS have been doing a fine job regarding job losses with the union intact.....how many have been lost recently......pick a figure...20k?

RBS have been doing a fine job regarding job losses with the union intact.....how many have been lost recently......pick a figure...20k?

How many still have a job though

Got to wonder who in the Yes campaign thought it would be a good idea to face up to two experienced politicians with these two.

And I say this as a yes voter.

Chaka Demus & pliers

Got to wonder who in the Yes campaign thought it would be a good idea to face up to two experienced politicians with these two.

Agreed. I don't think Howie has done as badly as some, dodgy facial expressions excepted.

MrWinningSmith

Is it the BBC who picks the lineup or is the the campaigns themselves?

ToadKiller Dog

I just get the sense that I am being talked down to from Alexander and Davidson .

Were as Smith is not full of the polish or facts of a politician but speaking more equal level .

Hosie speaks well when he talks but is way to quiet .

Alexander again " I will tell you why ! "

I got bored after five minutes, the constant shouting from the audience and jeers put me off. It sounds like an old firm match.

I got bored after five minutes, the constant shouting from the audience and jeers put me off. It sounds like an old firm match.

I like the segregation.....no barriers though....top TV if it kicked off!

Malinga the Swinga

I just get the sense that I am being talked down to from Alexander and Davidson .

Were as Smith is not full of the polish or facts of a politician but speaking more equal level .

Hosie speaks well when he talks but is way to quiet .

Alexander again " I will tell you why ! "

Nope, they are talking sense, smith isn't speaking to a more equal level, she speaks as someone who is making it up, speaking from the heart, but not from the head, and I am afraid, it is the head that matters.

Hosie really is a clown who should never have been allowed by Yes to represent them in this debate.