Gowzer stays / Templeton close to leaving (Merged Threads)

Johanes de Silentio

No - did you read Vlads statement about players leaving if all they want is to chase money?

Let's all hope I'm way off the mark then and you are correct.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We bumped into the Templeton family at Tebay services on the M6 early yesterday afternoon. His dad was a gent, quite happy to chat away with the three of us.

I'm not going to divulge the conversation, although I see they had similar conversations with other fans in Liverpool later in the day. Suffice to say, I'll be stunned if Temps is a Hearts player tomorrow. It's a decision the kid won't take lightly, but I get it even if I don't agree with it. I'm resigned to it.

If Temps is a Hearts player tomorrow, it's because he's chosen us over a huge payrise with the team his family follow and we need to raise the roof for him on Sunday.

His family are not Rangers fans. His dad was, but he walked out on them. Still sounds like he is going though.

We bumped into the Templeton family at Tebay services on the M6 early yesterday afternoon. His dad was a gent, quite happy to chat away with the three of us.

I'm not going to divulge the conversation, although I see they had similar conversations with other fans in Liverpool later in the day. Suffice to say, I'll be stunned if Temps is a Hearts player tomorrow. It's a decision the kid won't take lightly, but I get it even if I don't agree with it. I'm resigned to it.

If Temps is a Hearts player tomorrow, it's because he's chosen us over a huge payrise with the team his family follow and we need to raise the roof for him on Sunday.

Seems clear that Temps won't choose us, he may just reject Rangers.

Gowser might choose us.

Either way, that we need to sell them to Rangers, or a derivative thereof, to pay tax is the most vulgar irony.

STV Jamie: The McGowan deal is dead in the water. Working on an update on Templeton. Deal not done yet.

From the STV live update thingy.

Did u go into the wee farm shop at Tebay? They do loads of pies and one is called the "beef growler" :lol:

I got a 'Growler' purely because of the name. Not the worst growler I've tasted to be fair.

Why? For the same money I'd be happy for him to be playing 3 leagues below us.

Yes I realise this but the fact those wankers are able to pay so much money for players when they were due so much in tax and cheated their way to league titles for 10+ years. Thats why. *****.

I'm struggling with the lack of ambition argument. We all know these *******s will be back in the top flight as quick as you can say 'league reorganisation'.

They're assembling the 2nd strongest squad in Scottish Football and will no doubt win cups from the lower leagues.

Meantime these players get paid big money and will walk back into the Scotland set-up in 2 or 3 years.

It sickening but nothing changes in Scottish Football. In 5 years it will seem like none of this newco stuff had happened and we'll still be selling our best young players to them at knock down prices - just like under Mercer and Robinson.

I hear you. People seem to have a funny idea of "ambition" when it comes to footballers. I read someone on here recently accusing Jack Rodwell of lacking ambition in moving to Man City!!

This is properly depressing :(

Are Rangers after David Obua as well? I'm sure they'll soon be able to field an entire XI from former Hearts players.

STV Jamie: The McGowan deal is dead in the water. Working on an update on Templeton. Deal not done yet.

Does that mean making stuff up? :whistling:

Its been a long time baby

Sorry if been said but if Vlad says players that are motivated by money can leave then he should come out and praise McGowan who would have been offered more money and wants to stay, also offer him a new contact for being loyal

If Rangers continue to buy our players will they then be able to claim our Scottish Cup that we've just won and add it to their History ??? :D

Are Rangers after David Obua as well? I'm sure they'll soon be able to field an entire XI from former Hearts players.

all their players are david obua. as are all of us.

Chris Benoit

I thought McGowan was represented by Gary McKay...could be wrong though.

Not sure about nowadays but it was definitely Big Slim who was his agent when he first came across

Sorry if been said but if Vlad says players that are motivated by money can leave then he should come out and praise McGowan who would have been offered more money and wants to stay, also offer him a new contact for being loyal

All on the same day we sign Stevenson who left because of...money! Funny old game.

The Real Maroonblood

Romanov should grow a pair and refuse to sell anyone to newco.

If he does sell to them he is a hypocrite.

Well, if Templeton's last action in a Hearts shirt is scoring at Anfield it's not a bad way to go out.

While it's easy to question his ambition (and that was my initial opinion) the career path of a professional footballer isn't exactly comparable to most other careers. Any player could find himself on the end of a career-ending injury in 18 months time so maybe there is the thought of "get as much money as soon as possible" for fear that that money may go.

Or maybe that's just my way of trying to prepare myself for the inevitable.

And all of a sudden the press and match officials will lay off them.

You got a link for the stv update thing?

Well, if Templeton's last action in a Hearts shirt is scoring at Anfield it's not a bad way to go out.

While it's easy to question his ambition (and that was my initial opinion) the career path of a professional footballer isn't exactly comparable to most other careers. Any player could find himself on the end of a career-ending injury in 18 months time so maybe there is the thought of "get as much money as soon as possible" for fear that that money may go.

Or maybe that's just my way of trying to prepare myself for the inevitable.

Nah, you are spot on. He could get a serious injury at the weekend, and be on the scrapheap within a year.

Caspian Primrose

he should. he wont though.

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

My old man says he's sitting in Costa in town and Ryan McGowan's in there talking with Dave McPherson. Is that his agent?

Takeshi's Tynecastle

If rangers did sign David obua that would actually cheer me up! :)

Nah, you are spot on. He could get a serious injury at the weekend, and be on the scrapheap within a year.

And in the 3rd division he's more likely to get that injury.

My old man says he's sitting in Costa in town and Ryan McGowan's in there talking with Dave McPherson. Is that his agent?

Not sure who your dad's agent is, Captain.

On the way back from Liverpool and this news is gutting. Hope he turns them down but really cant see it.

quincy adams wagstaff

if he turns down a move,he wont be playing sunday,vlad flu will kick in.

King of the North

When the dust settles on tonight, and whether they stay or go, my hatred of the Huns is at an absolute new high.

Scottish football had the chance to rid itself of this cancer and failed, and there they are debt free and able to drag SPL talent down to their level?

Why was Green able to get the assets for 5 million? Why was the transfer ban delayed?

Feck Scottish football.

Rangers 2012 are exactly what their predecessors were- scum, from the terraces to the boardroom and at all points in between. Ignorant, bigoted, backwards trash, to a man, woman and child.

And in the 3rd division he's more likely to get that injury.

Aye, but with a longer, richer contract to console himself with!

Fermit the Krog

What time is Costa open till, ffs?

:lol:

Temps if he wants to go out spend the money on Rudi. Either way one of them will only be here a year. Would rather have Rudi any day of the week.

CavySlaveJambo

I suspect that they will be back in administration before long.

You are not the only one.

When the dust settles on tonight, and whether they stay or go, my hatred of the Huns is at an absolute new high.

Scottish football had the chance to rid itself of this cancer and failed, and there they are debt free and able to drag SPL talent down to their level?

Why was Green able to get the assets for 5 million? Why was the transfer ban delayed?

Feck Scottish football.

Rangers 2012 are exactly what their predecessors were- scum, from the terraces to the boardroom and at all points in between. Ignorant, bigoted, backwards trash, to a man, woman and child.

I heartily endorse this event or product

Until sevco go bust

Absolutely, that's a risk he has to consider. If he stays clear of injury, and Rangers do go bust (of which I think there is a good chance!) then he can walk away like Naismith etc., though.

This whole thing is actually making me feel sick.

I guess that after SevCo were put into Div 3, I actually let myself believe that Scottish football might change for the better on a fundamental level. But clearly nothing will ever change. We still have 'Rangers' behaving like swaggering playground bullies and tapping up our best players, even from three divisions down. We have a general expectation that they will be back into the SPL without having to do anything as tedious as win three promotions (though I still can't see how this can be achieved). And we still have a sycophantic media willing to do and say anything to make it all happen. In five years, it'll be impossible to tell that Rangers - as they will certainly be called - ever went bust in the first place.

To call it depressing doesn't go far enough. It's an especially bleak variety of disillusionment.

From the horses mouth, Gowser rejects Gers.

If that the case then it's great news - I've been resigned to losing Templeton since this all broke a couple of days ago. Good for Gowser he's far to good to rot away playing in Division 3. He's bound for bigger and better things. I hope hearts tie him down on anew contract and make some real money from moving him on eventually.

You are not the only one.

If we do sell to them tonight I suggest we get the money up front. If they do go tits up again I wouldnt fancy being in debt to them for a second time.

stv jamie says 50/50 but its likely a deal will be done , hope not but if he has any ambition

:wtf:

Archived