Craig Beattie Signs!

quincy adams wagstaff

If he can stay fit he will be an asset. I wonder if we've lined up some kind of extension beyond the summer if it works out for both parties?

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arthur Morgan

Number 4 you say?

To all my HATERZ (especially rossthejambo :lol:) the following smiley sums up how I feel right now...

:greggy:

Number 4 you say?

To all my HATERZ (especially rossthejambo :lol:) the following smiley sums up how I feel right now...

No hating from me, hatings for lozerz.

:sob:

Why is his Wiki page locked? I wonder if it is due to the barrage of edits it suffered the other day.

People who only use Wikipedia need to know he is now a JAMBO!! :lol:

_58675778_beattietwo_sns.jpg

Liking him already with this comment he made;

"When the call came in i was intrigued, i had other options but i know how big the club are";

Welcome Craig ,hope you get the Jambo fever;thumbsup.gif

smugqq.png

Number 4?

Having seen Beattie play for a few clubs in the championship I have to say that, if fit, he's exactly the type of player who will fit into Sergio's system. Able to play up front on his own, hold the ball, and link with midfielders. Neil Warnock was a huge fan of his. The biggest question mark is his fitness, and he's not the fastest on two legs (the reason he didn't feature much for the Jacks).

At 4 goals a season he is not a goalscoring frontman so hope he can set up a few goals for those round about him.

Craig Beattie offers a different option tactically upfront to the Hearts which has been missing since Sutton moved

His goal ratio is pretty poor. but hopefully the role of targetman retaining the ball and allowing other players to move into forward positions will bring goals to the team regardless of who scores.

Good luck Craig

:vrface:

It's not negativity! it's pragmatism.

We are continually shite.

We don't score.

We don't create many chances.

We don't win away from home.

We struggle at home.

We are boring.

Our manager is ubber shite.

It is not going to miraculously change ffs.

OK call me psychic but i'm seeing a zero after our name tomorrow.

Your not a very good psychic if you can not even get the days of the week right.

Maroonblood22

Good signing

Can't believe some of the snobs on here complaining.

^This! Some of the negativity towards this transfer on here is quite honestly mental! People seem to forget the position our club is in and the grim times we've experienced of late.

Signing any player never mind a former international and EPL striker on a free is pretty good business considering, it's a great positive move by Hearts. The fact that poster's on here are grumbling because he's not a '20 goal a season striker' is quite simply laughable!

Welcome to The Famous Craigy boy :thumbsup:

Glad he's signed on and he sounds like a decent guy , a wee bonus signing going into the last part of the season ,well done HMFC, BBC link http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/17146915?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Beattie sounds a good lad. Spoke well and came across really well. Good luck Craig, here's hoping for a few goals on the way!

^This! Some of the negativity towards this transfer on here is quite honestly mental! People seem to forget the position our club is in and the grim times we've experienced of late.

Signing any player never mind a former international and EPL striker on a free is pretty good business considering, it's a great positive move by Hearts. The fact that poster's on here are grumbling because he's not a '20 goal a season striker' is quite simply laughable!

Welcome to The Famous Craigy boy :thumbsup:

Spot on. If we were to sign a 20 a season striker, it would cost a fortune and then the same people will complain about the debt going up or not going down.

Loving it. :jjyay:

Can't decide what I'm most pleased about - having a new striker who I reckon is/was pretty handy, or the fact that some of the internet's worst posters lined up to tear into boys who have been proven bang on, some not for the first time. :greggy:

OK, I can decide, it's definitely the new striker thing.

But not by much. Not by much. :greggy:

...a bit disco

Number 4 you say?

Never a HATER JJ but more than happy to apologise.

Kudos matey.

:thumbsup:

but, but, we're supposed to be making cuts. why are we signing a player likes?

welcome to the seethedome craig.

booooooooooo.

Number 4 you say?

Fair play to you. You did say that.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Taz and Jolly totally spot on with their ITK credentials and info... Oooozing class and taking out the trash. Nice wee bit of bandwagon jumping much later on though too.... I especially loved when Gosling suggested Taz' scoop might be lies because no one bothered to leave the contract in the mail room so he could claim it as his own! :D

Oh Lying Gosling... Will you ever win. :D

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I hope wee vlad sticks him on in the first half,or i may miss his debut

Poor effort. Must try harder.

Welcome Craig, remember! we are Hearts=no 50/50 decisions from the refs, especialy against the uglies ( thats the old firm :thumbsup: )

Welcome Craig, remember! we are Hearts=no 50/50 decisions from the refs, especialy against the uglies ( thats the old firm :thumbsup: )

Soon to be the Ugly, singular!

So many on here greet about our lack of strikers, we sign one ... so many folk then greet about the striker we've signed.

Who were you expecting? Rooney??? Welsome Craig, I hope you do well and look forward to seeing what you can bring to the team.

Hearts fans get on my t1ts at times, this is one of those times. Why post on a football forum when you don't have a clue about anybody.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Welcome but i find the number 4 shirt a bit odd?

Maybe just wanted a starting-11 number and it was the only one available? Next lowest number would've been 16 (or maybe he could've had John Sutton's 15.)

The_razors_edge

I would just like to point out to all the folks going on about wearing number 4 that morison for Norwich is a centre forward who wears 5. Not a big deal tbh.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I would just like to point out to all the folks going on about wearing number 4 that morison for Norwich is a centre forward who wears 5. Not a big deal tbh.

I'm ******* raging personally

So many on here greet about our lack of strikers, we sign one ... so many folk then greet about the striker we've signed.

Who were you expecting? Rooney??? Welsome Craig, I hope you do well and look forward to seeing what you can bring to the team.

Hearts fans get on my t1ts at times, this is one of those times. Why post on a football forum when you don't have a clue about anybody.

Had a look on Wiki and Beattie's goalscoring record is worse than Elliott's.

I don't know how we do it.

'Easy' we look out for who's available for the money we can afford and we sign them.

Beattie always impressed me when playing for the Victims a few years ago and thought did ok for West Brom. If he can stay relatively injury free he WILL be an assett :thumbsup:

Just another person for you to BOO so win /win :rolleyes:

Francis Albert

And only fractionally better than Calum Elliot's. I hope Craig does a great job for us, but the hype on here (in this and other threads more than a page for every goal he has scored in ihis entire career) is absurd, and raising expectations beyond all reason isn't doing Craig any favours.

I think he talks a good talk in his conference interview. Looking forward to seeing him on the pitch

Yep. Asamoah Gyan's preferred number is 3. Although there was the disgraceful decision by some no mark to opt to wear 01.

Think he will be a decent signing.

Hope to hell we pay him up front with another forward instead of left to toil on his own like most of our strikers have for last few years.

For all the SEETHERS, one question ...

Ryan Stevenson or Craig Beattie???

Beattie. Oh you said seethers? I thought you said people with a modicum of sense and intelligence.

::troll:::'>

Archived