Craig Beattie Signs!

quincy adams wagstaff

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the greatest news ever. Partially because i think he'll do a turn if he can stay fit but mostly because it means we can wrap up this thread.

mahgrassyshoes

6090191_400_400_0_0_fit_0_4d20e180f32706b0b59b452aac5943e4.jpg

Louis Vuitton wash bag.

That's all the modern player needs.

Welcome aboard Craig!

Hopefully Paulo and the boys will give him a few tips to get him up to Hearts standards of panache.

The Mighty Thor

Just what we've been waiting on. A 40 goal a season striker who is always fit :thumbsup:

Champions League here we come!

:yas:

Jamtarts twitter is saying

he is impressed with manager, knew what a big club hearts are from time in scotland

only focused on scoring goals and playing games

and he played for hearts at under 12 level

Wonder how many done deals have gone mams-high come dawn in the VR era.* I guess the problem in us compiling a list is that we simply won't know most of them. For example I know for def that before the summer window shut Paulo asked for and was granted the signing of a Portugese CH, whose name I don't know. Thought it was done deal - was told by club it was, door SLAMMED shut, club hadn't acted. Happens a lot I think.

Stephen Hughes: we reduced agreed terms at last minute, he rightly told us to stuff them

Portugese CH: does it count if I don't know his name!?!?!?!?!?!

Zander: was VR who wanted him and VR who canned it (on advice of club doc - coincidentally a good friend of JJs!!), but still counts as was "done deal"

Hartley: Again, VR who pursued, not the manager, and never so much pulled plug, but dallied enough that PH had to take another offer

Mehmet: Agreed terms, too much time passed waiting for the paperwork and he got a better offer (so we got KK instead! Yay!)

Bound to be more I'm not remembering. Hope Beattie not added to list as I've always thought he was decent - or certainly used to think that. Type of signing we need to make and a market we need to look at - kind of Sam Allardyce, Harry Redknapp type signings. Lost their way a bit, but get the best out of them.

*By done deal I mean a deal the manager believes to be done but heel-kickery, goalpost movery or sheer bloody-mindedness from the club hierarchy (read VR) has scuppered intentionally or otherwise.

I think Mr Romanov has been proved right on all accounts by those players listed.

hopefully this thread can go another few pages yet :sob: but welcome craig and well done to a certain poster on the first thread made about beattie... :whistling:

Wow didnt see this coming - You would think someone on JKB would have let us all know before it was officially announced.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Wow didnt see this coming - You would think someone on JKB would have let us all know before it was officially announced.

Tasmanian+Devil.jpg

I'm sure Paulo wasn't sure about the signing until seeing the man bag. A man of such style belongs in a Hearts jersey

:greggy:

Championship standard player wanting up the road is a good signing. Welcome Beatster I hope you enjoyed your pancakes.

Bet on him as first goalscorer at Motherwell away I think -- won a few qid so don't knock him

I'm with you, also had a bet on him at Fir Park to pay the x's

Good luck to the lad! We've clearly just given him a chance of really kick starting his career again, hopefully he repays the club with lots of goals! :thumbsup:

Good addition to squad...lets hope he bags some goals !!

Brace against the wee team ?

Mon the Beattie fella !!

:thumbsup:

Hope he's in the fifa12 squads update later this month!

EA, get it done :muggy:

Hatrick on Saturday, nap

Squad update comes out today, he won't be in it.

:sob:

Maybe a chance of getting an FUT in form player after he bangs in a hat trick this weekend.

:omfg:

Hope he's in the fifa12 squads update later this month!

EA, get it done :muggy:

Hatrick on Saturday, nap

Updates today, doubt he'll be in it :sob:

he's going to wear number 4 odd for a striker

Is he?

Players usually get a choice what number they want (I think :unsure:)

Geoff Kilpatrick

I wish him well but I have no expectations of our strike force being enlivened by him signing.

Great stuff well done Hearts and the kickback ITKers. Hopefully he'll hit the ground (net) running. Has anybody read anything about his fitness is he ready to start straight away?

I wish him well but I have no expectations of our strike force being enlivened by him signing.

Not the most inspiring signing but when your main striker is Steven Elliott then what is there to lose.

he's going to wear number 4 odd for a striker

Perfect reason as to why the should ditch squad numbers...why not give him Stevenson's old number, or even the number 9, not like Kyle's using it.

Good to hear he's signed for us though! Kinda thing we've needed for the past few games.

Reminds me very much of when we signed Mark Burchill.

I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing, but we need something different upfront and here's hoping Craig can prosper up there :thumbsup:

Archived