Craig Beattie Signs!

quincy adams wagstaff

Well, surprise sur-****ing-prise!

YOU and your bloody negative comments! I swear you must be the most boring 'fan' on here.

Relax Tenor, it's just i8 trying to change his rep from being a pervert to being the "lovable cynic" on the board. It's almost tragic the level of effort he's been putting in to being negative about everything recently.

Welcome Craig!

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fulton and Colquhoun were the truly outstanding players that came to us having played for Celtic, that I can think of straight away anyway. Not expecting Beattie to have anything like the impact those two did but think he can be a good player for us (if anywhere near fit and able to recapture anywhere near his best form) as he is a player I always had time for and thought a dangerous opponent when he played against us. Looking forward to seeing him in maroon! :thumbsup:

(Burchill was shite, by the way... :ermm:)

Och!...Fulton! Canny believe i forgot him of all of them! Great player when fit. Burchill did ok, he was only here a short time but scored a couple and played quite well with Lee Miller upfront. Had worse forwards! :av-1001:

This troll has run its course now I8.... :vrface:

But why would anyone be positive?

Please tell me why?

There is no such thing as negative and positive.

There is only pragmatic and deluded.

I am not deluded

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Good signing and whoever said he would wear number 4 was also correct.

I would have liked to have seen an option to extend the deal if it goes well. I imagine if he bangs them in, we would be wanting to keep him?

JollyJambo I think.

Och!...Fulton! Canny believe i forgot him of all of them! Great player when fit. Burchill did ok, he was only here a short time but scored a couple and played quite well with Lee Miller upfront. Had worse forwards! :av-1001:

Burchill was alright, nothing magical. Mahe was also a good solid signing.

WTF is ubber?

Do you mean ?ber? I hate when people use that prefix, when half the time it doesn't even make sense.

To even have to question what it was :facepalm:

scottish_chicP

:vrface:

It's not negativity! it's pragmatism.

We are continually shite.

We don't score.

We don't create many chances.

We don't win away from home.

We struggle at home.

We are boring.

Our manager is ubber shite.

It is not going to miraculously change ffs.

OK call me psychic but i'm seeing a zero after our name tomorrow.

I don't think there will be any number after our name tomorrow since we play on Sat thumbsup.gif

few people on here owe Tazhearts an apology. h was the one that broke the story and in the usual kickback way was mocked and accused of being a hobo. people were even quesioning wether a hearts video from a game he was at was legit. 2 fingers from Taz hearts to the lot of you

as for Beattie good signing

it was just the usual drama queens and previous ITK folk wanting some attention

I told you that his dad confirmed he was signing and didnt see any reason to labour the point :thumbsup:

We don't score.

We struggle at home.

We are boring.

How about some facts rather than either Pragmatism or Negativity -

We are continually shite - we have won 37% of our games

We don't score - our goal difference in 4th best in the league...only 1 behind Motherwell.

We don't create many chances - and we dont lose to many either.

We don't win away from home - we have only lost 43% of our away games.

We struggle at home - we have won 62% of our games at home.

We are boring - then dont watch.

Our manager is ubber shite - see above.

Stop being such a gobshite.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Just like to say i was the first to congratulate Taz on this scoop in the original thread :whistling: :greggy:

Where is Taz? It was a great call. :thumbsup:

I refrained from posting until now. I always liked Craig Beattie as a player. Unlike 2Ts he is a proven goal scorer.

Assuming he is fit and not carrying an injury, then his signing can only be a positive.

WECLOME

One of them 218 games, 46 goals.

The other 160 games, 31 goals.

All figures from Wikipedia. Neither what you would call impressive or proven goalscorer. I hope that both can improve their goalscoring records at Hearts.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Get ready Craig. Get ready to blah de blah de negative, boring pish no one else cares about blah de blah.

Fixed.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

People having a go at me when i'm usually about 99% right.

Like when you said it was a FACT we'd get beat off St Johnstone?

A FACT.

You're certainly 99% something...but right it isn't.

Please tell me why?

I am not deluded

I just don't know how you manage to get through life as a Jambo. Even as a football supporter. You can admit to being shite, but it just shouldn't hurt this much. You need a modicum (that's how I spell it) of hope and optomism to be a Jambo (and more to be a Hibby - a deluded amount I might say!). Without it, such is my love for the club - and clearly yours, that's unquestionable - I think I'd have gone all gunspreey or atleast a bit pencils-up-the-nose wibblesome.

It's fascinating, it truly is.

Back to football. It's chicken and egg. We have players who can create, we don't have a target for them. Add that target (doesn't have to be a target man per se, just one or two getting in defenders' hair) and I'm sure 2 or 3 of Temps, Suso, Rudi, Driver, Blackie, Mehdi, Grainger, Gowser, Hammil and Robinson can provide some ammo. (OK, so that's not actually a chicken and egg scenario, come to think of it, but I've typed it now and I guess I'll stand by it.) It's a chicken and egg scenario, that's all, i8.

Like when you said it was a FACT we'd get beat off St Johnstone?

A FACT.

I wonder what the 99 things were that he did get right?

anyway I quite like the wee gadgie .. almost therapist like in his doggedness and no shame or remorse ever !!

lordy, sometimes i do despair

i8, you know it should have read "people having a go at me when i talk shite 99% of the time"

i truly wonder why you have to constantly be so negative about the team you claim to love!

beattie may well turn out shite, but you never know, he might work out brilliantly.

look at how transformed the team were with kyle playing. technically not the most gifted of player, but could score goals and was great at leading the team, despite not being captain...

in beattie we MIGHT have found something similar. give the lad a chance i say

lordy, sometimes i do despair

i8, you know it should have read "people having a go at me when i talk shite 99% of the time"

i truly wonder why you have to constantly be so negative about the team you claim to love!

beattie may well turn out shite, but you never know, he might work out brilliantly.

look at how transformed the team were with kyle playing. technically not the most gifted of player, but could score goals and was great at leading the team, despite not being captain...

in beattie we MIGHT have found something similar. give the lad a chance i say

And greet only after you are kicked in the balls, not before....?

The_razors_edge

We don't score.

We struggle at home.

We are boring.

Please go and support someone else. You clearly have a very short memory. Did you watch HMFC under tommy mclean? Then you'd appreciate that where we are now in comparison is night and day. If you want to support a team that creates lots of chances and wins all the time there's a team in the east end of Glasgow that's just right for you.

Please go and support someone else. You clearly have a very short memory. Did you watch HMFC under tommy mclean? Then you'd appreciate that where we are now in comparison is night and day. If you want to support a team that creates lots of chances and wins all the time there's a team in the east end of Glasgow that's just right for you.

See, that's what I don't get. Is it only since football has become more overexposed on telly and stuff that folk demand such success or has it always been like this?

People seem to trace it to 05/06 for us when the delusions of grandure and the complete blanking out of the ups and downs and the generally mediocre achievements of our club throughout its history. Not so sure about that as it seems commonplace. Hibs fans "deserve" better apparently, despite being, on the whole, shite since forever. Blackburn and Wolves fans have wound me up this season too. What gives you the right to be better than Norwich or Swansea or whatever. Get on with supporting your team you cretins.

Shit, of course I want us to win and of course i think we should more, but I won't let it belie the fact that we are what we are. We'll come third more often than anyone else, but we'll only do it every 2 or 3 years. When we're not 3rd, it'll be very disappointing and that season will drag like a dragon draggin a wagon but hopefully it'll coincide with a cup run (ahem, this year).

For the record, this isn't a rant. Certainly not one induced by i8 - it's wonderment. Fascinating specimen. So he is.

We don't score.

We struggle at home.

We are boring.

Please tell me why?

I am not deluded

To even have to question what it was :facepalm:

didnt-read-lol.jpg

Hearts has completed the signing of former Celtic, West Brom and Swansea striker Craig Beattie.

The 28 year old has penned a short-term deal until the end of the season.

Craig was available on a free transfer after he left Welsh club Swansea City in January.

The forward began his career as a youth player at Rangers, but later moved across the city to rivals Celtic.

The Scotland international scored 13 goals in 50 appearances for the Hoops before moving to West Brom in 2007, playing 31 times for the Baggies.

Loan spells at Preston, Crystal Palace and Sheffield United followed before a permanent switch to Swansea in 2009.

Craig appeared 45 times for the Swans, scoring seven goals.

I just remembered that Beattie scored against us in Burley's last game in charge for us. He got Burley the sack, so with this in mind, I'll be booing him on Saturday :muggy:

I just remembered that Beattie scored against us in Burley's last game in charge for us. He got Burley the sack, so with this in mind, I'll be booing him on Saturday :muggy:

So he did. Disgraceful :muggy:

Libertonian_II

Anyway, any idea how long it will be until he's fit? Elliott could do with a mate up top.

Should be match fit as I could swear that I saw him come on as a sub for Swansea fairly recently?

I'm pretty sure I8 thinks, whenever he is negative about Hearts or a new signing on here, the player or Hearts do well.

Whenever he is confident about a new player or result we get beat or the player turns out a poor addition, I think it's probably some sort of superstition with him, It worked for the St johnstone match ??? teehee.gif

maroonlegions

_58675778_beattietwo_sns.jpg

Liking him already with this comment he made;

"When the call came in i was intrigued, i had other options but i know how big the club are";

Welcome Craig ,hope you get the Jambo fever;thumbsup.gif

smugqq.png

rudi must stay

Great signing. Hopefully we can convince him to stay beyond the summer aswell because he could be the perfect replacement for Kyle IMO

I'll be the first when he has his first non scoring game.

GTF JHAMES BHEATTIE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIVij2lCIdc

If he doesnt score a goal equal to, or better than the goal above in his first 20 minutes, then ill throw my season ticket and scarf onto the pitch and never be back till Bheattie is gone!!!!!

:seething:

Archived