The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

colinmaroon

The same "sterling" journo from Daily Heil now saying Sky will sweep the fans aside.

Sorry, but Sky cancellations are the on the agenda.

Except, of course, for those who are willing to touch their toes for Rupert!

SFA are going to push through an SPL2 no matter what according to Daily Heil!

If that happens, sorry, but Hampden boycott.

Can someone provide me with a list of the teams that are going to be in it? Are they the same teams that all hate Doncaster and the SPL, and are just about to vote to reject Rangers from SFL1?

Up to 18 or 19 Nos now, depending on whether Queens Park are confirmed or not.

Please tell me if Weetabix head is repeating his :cornette: performance from Off The Ball.

almost verbatim mate sadly deludeed waste of space

Harry Palmer

Secret ballot in the vote tomorrow. :ninja:

Edited by Arnold

Imeantasong

Thomo said may as well turn Ibrox and Parkheid into car parks if TV is more important than the game.

Really, what was Smith on about? Won the most titles; a fantastic institution?

Er, not what's been going on over about 20-25 years Gordon. Get with the times.

Edited by Imeantasong

How much of an arsehole is Archie McPherson.

Basically he's right about Rangers and the supporters of every other club are only voting against Rangers because they don't like them

Edited by Fun Boaby

Hagar the Horrible

That jsut convinces me more the west coast media are part of the problem

10 spl clubs and 18 sfl clubs cant be wron, thay cant all hate rangers, do they jsut not get that this is about sport and being a sportsman is about merit and ability Rangers CHEATED and as such were morally and finicially bankrupt.

Well done thommo but the program was hardly worth the debate

I just hope thommo puts those questions to smith, he has to answer about his clients amd so do all agents who knew about ebts and dual contracts

Well it looks like we will have to man the barricades again when the slimeball announces an SPL2.

The SPL clubs must vote this down and sack Doncaster for being an arse and very ugly

These type of shows are good, these muppets lying and twisting facts will only help to strengthen the resolve of other clubs and fans.

Patrick Bateman

They had four guests and gave them about 12 minutes to discuss the biggest sports news story Scotland has seen in generations, if not ever? Well done STV, now, tell me more about the Farepak victims, please. :rolleyes:

Jambof3tornado

Dear archie,we don't all have a hatred of rangers,we just want them treated like any other team would be!

Imeantasong

That jsut convinces me more the west coast media are part of the problem

10 spl clubs and 18 sfl clubs cant be wron, thay cant all hate rangers, do they jsut not get that this is about sport and being a sportsman is about merit and ability Rangers CHEATED and as such were morally and finicially bankrupt.

Well done thommo but the program was hardly worth the debate

I just hope thommo puts those questions to smith, he has to answer about his clients amd so do all agents who knew about ebts and dual contracts

Yes, hopefully he pins him down whilst he's got him there.

And gie Archie a slap and tell him to stop embarrassing himself.

Chaka Demus & pliers

These Hun loving 'experts' that get rolled out for these shows always seem to conveniently forget that Rangers have been cheating the other clubs in Scotland for years.

Thank god Alex T took an interest in this story as he is one of very few journalists to actually take an unbiased look at this situation.

If rangers are admitted to the SFL 1 then there has to be massive organised protests from all who disagree with that decision. Those in charge are banking on threats of boycotts etc being empty threats.

:wtf: was the deal with Gordon Smith's shirt??

That look went out years ago!

Total Fud of a man!!!! :thumbsdown:

Imeantasong

These Hun loving 'experts' that get rolled out for these shows always seem to conveniently forget that Rangers have been cheating the other clubs in Scotland for years.

Thank god Alex T took an interest in this story as he is one of very few journalists to actually take an unbiased look at this situation.

If rangers are admitted to the SFL 1 then there has to be massive organised protests from all who disagree with that decision. Those in charge are banking on threats of boycotts etc being empty threats.

Yep. When they spouted all the hatred stuff out, he basically said no wonder, look what they done.

Did he even say possible corruption at the end? Think so.

But it was way too short.

SPL 1

Hearts

Hibs

Dundee

Dunfermline

Dundee Utd

Ross County

St Johnstone

Motherwell

Aberdeen

St Mirren

Inverness Caley

Melchester Rovers

SPL 2

Celtic

Rangers

Kilmarnock

I can't help but think about Alex Thomson as being like Sergeant Angel in Hot Fuss with the SFA / SPL / SFL and the rest of the scottish media playing the Sandford Neighbourhood watch alliance, desperate to keep the status quo and doing everything in their power to prevent fairness and the truth to prevail!

What a dickhead Gordon Smith is.

Gordon Smith last CE of SFA - Stewart Regan current SFA CE - who the feck is the heedhunter at Hampden?

SPL2 my erse and that feckin daily snail cant's trying to pit the fear o' death into everyone - time's

up for these shoitey journos - they had an easy ride for years but the information, updates, links,

copies of docs online has lead us to a new level of freedom of info - and we can draw our own conclusions.

Imeantasong

SPL 1

Hearts

Hibs

Dundee

Dunfermline

Dundee Utd

Ross County

St Johnstone

Motherwell

Aberdeen

St Mirren

Inverness Caley

Melchester Rovers

SPL 2

Celtic

Rangers

Kilmarnock

:D 3pm Saturdays apart from the derby matches? :D

Thomo said may as well turn Ibrox and Parkheid into car parks if TV is more important than the game.

Really, what was Smith on about? Won the most titles; a fantastic institution?

Er, not what's been going on over about 20-25 years Gordon. Get with the times.

I nearly choked when he said that - where has he been the last few months! oh his huge institution (like Inter Milan? dont think so ) have won more titles than anyone else by Cheating and not paying taxes which every one else had to. Thats why fans of other clubs are angry. They and all PAYE taxpayers have been cheated by this club. They can disappear for ever - football would survive.

Still seems too close to call. Suggestions are that the vote will be close for Div. 3. But it's possible that with all the other sweeteners cajoling blackmailing goin on that Div 1 is a possibility. It's interesting that no one publicly has backed up the ?16m loss of money if Huns go to Div 3. How did they come to that figure? Is it accurate? Way it's been put is that it's a foregone conclusion that we will lose ?16m & the earth will stop rotating and life as we know will end if Huns don't get put in div1.

Was speaking to my Rangers friend yesterday and we ended up arguing about Rangers, he is an intelligent Rangers fan but his arguments were along the lines of above. They have been punished enough, he said they have been banned for 3 years from Europe which is tough, I pointed out lots of club dont even get to play in Europe and his counter argument was that Rangers needed that European money. He also used the "but your punishing the fans for the actions of a handful of individuals" (where I asked where were the Rangers fans trying to defend Hearts when the club was fined for Romanov's words) and that they are being punished for nothing (as the EBT's and duel contracts have not been proven as wrong yet.)

I make no apologies for going over this, again.

Rangers 10 point deduction (which did not alter their final league position) was a consequence of them going into Administration, it was not a punishment.

Rangers lost their European Club Licence for failing to file their audited accounts in time, Rangers were not "banned" from Europe.

Sevco Scotland Ltd, must have a minimum of three years audited accounts to be able to get themselves a European Club Licence, as would any brand new club, they have not been "banned" by anyone.

The FTT has not yet reported, so no action has been taken by anyone against Rangers for their use of EBT's. Even if it's proven they acted illegally, Rangers have not yet been punished for this.

Despite the SPL admitting that there is a defacto case to answer, and the apparent admissions by Billy Dodds confirming the use of dual contracts, no hearing has yet taken place, and Rangers have not yet been punished for this.

Rangers were not thrown out of the SPL or demoted, they are being liquidated as a consequence of their own actions, and their membership dies with them. No longer being in the SPL is not a punishment.

Sevco Scotland Ltd are a new company who have to apply to play in a League in Scotland, being required to start at the bottom level is the standard, it is not a punishment.

Rangers were found guilty, by an independent tribunal, of "bringing the game into disrepute" and fined ?160k.

That is their only punishment to date.

Rangers have not appealed against this, and as yet have not actually paid the fine imposed on them, so it's not really been much of a punishment.

Use this, write it down, cut & paste it, memorise it, whatever, just don't let the Orcs keep going on about how they've been hard done by - its bull shit...! :mad:

portobellojambo1

Smith obviously doesn't realise RFC did wrong over the last few years

He just doesn't seem to understand. No one has ever denied that the club known as Rangers did indeed play in 4 European finals, did have the highest number of league championships etc. etc. and may well have been in his words a massive club, and therefore, again, in his words, cannot just be cast aside.

What is happening to them is the same end result as was achieved by Lehman Brothers, for example, yet Gordon Smith and Archie McPherson, the way they speak, would have you believe that Rangers are the biggest business in history to go tits up. They don't seem to realise that in the overall scheme of world business Rangers plc were small fry. Lehman were probably turning over more money a day than Rangers had in their whole history, but financial mismanagement meant Lehman went to the wall, as Rangers plc are about to do. And many. many more companies much larger and more powerful than Rangers plc are also no longer trading.

Everyone else appears to now be getting the blame for Rangers plc demise, when there is no need to even look out of the front door of Ibrox to trace the cause of all Rangers problems.

What the clubs seem to realise, despite what everyone is saying, with this constant reference to Rangers as the Newco rather than Sevco Scotland Ltd as the Newco, is this is a brand new company, never played football before, want to start playing football, had no right to be in the SPL, and were correctly told to feck off, have no right to be in SFL1, and will again be rightly told to feck off, and if they do wish to compete in SFL3 should apply alongside any other club interested in taking up the vacany that will be created by the promotion of Dunfermline/Dundee to SPL status.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Imeantasong

Gordon Smith last CE of SFA - Stewart Regan current SFA CE - who the feck is the heedhunter at Hampden?

SPL2 my erse and that feckin daily snail cant's trying to pit the fear o' death into everyone - time's

up for these shoitey journos - they had an easy ride for years but the information, updates, links,

copies of docs online has lead us to a new level of freedom of info - and we can draw our own conclusions.

Hopefully this all ends well for us and we will not click any of their links in future for a seethe, but merely to shake our heads (un)sympathetically as they continue to mourn.

ToadKiller Dog

Desperate stuff from @rangersfightback the tag line is punished not sacrificed, would division 3 not be just that?

http://gersfightback.wordpress.com/2012/07/12/why-rangers-should-be-punished-not-sacrificed/

So we come to the precipice dear reader, tomorrow is D-day where we could in end up in the first second, or as now seem likely the third division. The irony is our fate is being decided by the vocal minority, a minority who hate our club more than they love their own, a minority who seem hell bent on driving us out of existence.

The time for talking is over, every Rangers fan who reads this need to tweet the addresses below and let them know that we as a club are being punished unfairly and disproportionately for the sins of two men David Murray and Craig Whyte.

A cursory examination of Rangers? annual accounts from 2001-2010 show the Glasgow club paid a total of ?47.659m to the Murray Group Remuneration Trust. Now what was being saved or given in addition to players was the tax saving. At a 40% tax rate this means that Rangers paid players an extra ?20m to their players over a 10 year period. It is still undecided whether Rangers are actually guilty of anything. Did the fans know Craig Whyte wasn?t paying taxes this season, did the players, did Super and the management staff know. The answer is no, we have already been liquidated, demoted from the SPL, had our prize money withheld from last year, and lost an entire first team squad without any financial recompense. This is on top of losing our champions league spot, a 10 point deduction and no European football for three years. In most countries this would have been punishment enough.

So tonight Rangers fans I ask you, let?s get tweeting to the following bodies (below) and get it trending.

@Scottish_FA

@OFFICIAL_SFL

@SeppBlatter

@FIFAcom

@UEFAcom

@fifamedia

Let?s get #fairtreatmentforrangers trending, you have a voice and on behalf of the club our support and our future, I?m asking you to use it.

I see Murrays PR guys at Media house are still on the go with there bullshit

SFA are going to push through an SPL2 no matter what according to Daily Heil!

If that happens, sorry, but Hampden boycott.

Well it looks like we will have to man the barricades again when the slimeball announces an SPL2.

The SPL clubs must vote this down and sack Doncaster for being an arse and very ugly

SPL 2 regardless eh?

That comes as something of a surprise. Who could have guessed that hadn't gone away as a possible solution...

:whistling:

:lol:

Edited by Pistol1874

Is there likely to be anywhere you can watch a repeat of the show?

I can't help but think about Alex Thomson as being like Sergeant Angel in Hot Fuss with the SFA / SPL / SFL and the rest of the scottish media playing the Sandford Neighbourhood watch alliance, desperate to keep the status quo and doing everything in their power to prevent fairness and the truth to prevail!

thats actually a brilliant analogy hahahaha

Dear archie,we don't all have a hatred of rangers,we just want them treated like any other team would be!

I want them to be treated like any other team - but I hate them as well.

Harry Palmer

http://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/BlogView.aspx?pageid=2&ItemID=726&mid=2

Alloa Athletic voting intentions

Thursday, July 12, 2012 5:12:35 PM

While we understand that today's vote will be by secret ballot we have decided that our fans should be advised of the clubs voting intentions before the meeting to allow for clarity and avoid any ambiguity on how we interpret the situation.

We believe that the SPL and possibly the SFA should have taken an earlier and more decisive stance on this issue, instead they ducked their responsibilities until such times that they were no longer in control of the situation.

They then, somewhat bizarrely, came to the SFL meeting and asked us to vote as they wished (against sporting principles) and not as they had done. Incredibly they then proceeded to threaten our organisation with dire outcomes and implied threats if we did not bend to their joint will.

Even after this Alloa held our own counsel to await our fans responses and the promised response from the SPL and SFA.

We can advise that our fans were decisively against the Newco having direct entry into division one.

Again what we received from the SPL was somewhat surprising. While many of the suggested improvements to the structures of Scottish football moving forward are progressive and long overdue, incredibly, they were then caveated with the condition that the SPL would take complete control, with an inbuilt majority on any new structured board 3 to 2. This would effectively give control of the whole of Scottish senior football to the failed management structure of the SPL.

As we previously advised in our first statement, we would do what we believed was in the best interest of Alloa FC, Scottish Football and sporting integrity. Fortunately we believe that the best interests of all three are mutual.

Alloa can see no reason to vote in any way other than to put the new Rangers in the league that there own manager and fans have asked for, division three.

We hope that everyone involved in football takes this opportunity to remind ourselves that to a large extent the fans are Scottish football, without them what is the point? We must remember we are here to manage and administer our National game and not to implement anyones narrow will against the avalanche of public and fan opinion, using the excuse of promises of changes which should be taking place anyway.

Financially there may be difficult times ahead, but we would rather face that than agree to sell out for short term financial gain or bend to threats and vote for a flawed proposal.

Edited by Arnold

yvonnejambo

haha made me laugh but actually spot on!

Although i thought as always that Smith came across as a self serving teet it was auld custard teeth that got my goat. Whats he all about? Fekin cretin

Alex Thomson should write a book about this episode the biggest shame in Scottish foorball how so many tollies have tried to defeat justice just cos Rangers/ sevco are " a big club"

Edited by Heartbeat

He just doesn't seem to understand. No one has ever denied that the club known as Rangers did indeed play in 4 European finals, did have the highest number of league championships etc. etc. and may well have been in his words a massive club, and therefore, again, in his words, cannot just be cast aside.

What is happening to them is the same end result as was achieved by Lehman Brothers, for example, yet Gordon Smith and Archie McPherson, the way they speak, would have you believe that Rangers are the biggest business in history to go tits up. They don't seem to realise that in the overall scheme of world business Rangers plc were small fry. Lehman were probably turning over more money a day than Rangers had in their whole history, but financial mismanagement meant Lehman went to the wall, as Rangers plc are about to do. And many. many more companies much larger and more powerful than Rangers plc are also no longer trading.

Everyone else appears to now be getting the blame for Rangers plc demise, when there is no need to even look out of the front door of Ibrox to trace the cause of all Rangers problems.

What the clubs seem to realise, despite what everyone is saying, with this constant reference to Rangers as the Newco rather than Sevco Scotland Ltd as the Newco, is this is a brand new company, never played football before, want to start playing football, had no right to be in the SPL, and were correctly told to feck off, have no right to be in SFL1, and will again be rightly told to feck off, and if they do wish to compete in SFL3 should apply alongside any other club interested in taking up the vacany that will be created by the promotion of Dunfermline/Dundee to SPL status.

Kodak, Panam and Adidas - all major multinationals that went arse up and were flushed. Rangers were a corner sweetie shop compared to these and many others.

yvonnejambo

I make no apologies for going over this, again.

Rangers 10 point deduction (which did not alter their final league position) was a consequence of them going into Administration, it was not a punishment.

Rangers lost their European Club Licence for failing to file their audited accounts in time, Rangers were not "banned" from Europe.

Sevco Scotland Ltd, must have a minimum of three years audited accounts to be able to get themselves a European Club Licence, as would any brand new club, they have not been "banned" by anyone.

The FTT has not yet reported, so no action has been taken by anyone against Rangers for their use of EBT's. Even if it's proven they acted illegally, Rangers have not yet been punished for this.

Despite the SPL admitting that there is a defacto case to answer, and the apparent admissions by Billy Dodds confirming the use of dual contracts, no hearing has yet taken place, and Rangers have not yet been punished for this.

Rangers were not thrown out of the SPL or demoted, they are being liquidated as a consequence of their own actions, and their membership dies with them. No longer being in the SPL is not a punishment.

Sevco Scotland Ltd are a new company who have to apply to play in a League in Scotland, being required to start at the bottom level is the standard, it is not a punishment.

Rangers were found guilty, by an independent tribunal, of "bringing the game into disrepute" and fined ?160k.

That is their only punishment to date.

Rangers have not appealed against this, and as yet have not actually paid the fine imposed on them, so it's not really been much of a punishment.

Use this, write it down, cut & paste it, memorise it, whatever, just don't let the Orcs keep going on about how they've been hard done by - its bull shit...! :mad:

Great stuff Gasman :thumbsup:

Still seems too close to call. Suggestions are that the vote will be close for Div. 3. But it's possible that with all the other sweeteners cajoling blackmailing goin on that Div 1 is a possibility. It's interesting that no one publicly has backed up the ?16m loss of money if Huns go to Div 3. How did they come to that figure? Is it accurate? Way it's been put is that it's a foregone conclusion that we will lose ?16m & the earth will stop rotating and life as we know will end if Huns don't get put in div1.

Who says it's too close to call? There are 18 or 19 clubs saying no and 2 or 3 saying yes.

Gordon Waddell has tweeted that Michael Johnston at Killie may well replace Derek Weir of Motherwell on the SPL board following the meeting scheduled for Monday.

This just keeps getting funnier!

Edited by Pistol1874

Guest Bilel Mohsni

:wtf: was the deal with Gordon Smith's shirt??

That look went out years ago!

Total Fud of a man!!!! :thumbsdown:

laugh.gif

It looked pish back then too. Brings back memories of thirty odd clones queuing outside Century/Revolution on Lothian Road, about a decade ago. :rofl:

Bet his bursd was watching at home in pedal-pushers. ermm.gif

Harry Palmer

Gordon Waddell has tweeted that Michael Johnston at Killie may well replace Derek Weir of Motherwell on the SPL following the meeting scheduled for Monday.

This just keeps getting funnier!

:vrface:

Keeping their wee lapdog close then aye? Wonder if he'll do any tricks for them? :ninja:

• Maple Leaf locked this topic