The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Imeantasong

CARDIFF BOSS & FORMER CELTIC DEFENDER MALKY MACKAY

"I hope they do go into the First Division. Portsmouth are a Premiership club and I don't think anyone could believe a Premiership club could go into administration.

"For the long-term good of Scottish football, I think they need to be back in the Premier League as quickly as possible."

EH?

His old man's voting for Queens Park as well

Edited by Imeantasong

CARDIFF BOSS & FORMER CELTIC DEFENDER MALKY MACKAY

"I hope they do go into the First Division. Portsmouth are a Premiership club and I don't think anyone could believe a Premiership club could go into administration.

"For the long-term good of Scottish football, I think they need to be back in the Premier League as quickly as possible."

EH?

I must say I'm shocked that Malky Mackay made an irrational, illogical and somewhat stupid comment.

And with 52,000 and 60,000 capacities, it's their own turnstyles.

Without the financial doping fuelled "success" Rangers would be nowhere near 52K

Francis Albert

The motion is so badly worded, there is no clarity.

It's quite well worded for the purposes of those who wrote it, as it doesn't give the clubs the option of clearly voting for what the vast majority want - Sevco in SFL3.

alex thomson ?@alextomo

Annan Chairman on Hampden steps calling for SFA and SPL chiefs to go

The Old Tolbooth

Are you still smiling from the namecheck from Robbo??

Oh yes :wub:

He's about to start writing his autobiography, "My Life With Robbo". :whistling:

On chapter 3 already! :lol:

Imeantasong

From BBC

1142:

BREAKING NEWS

Newco Rangers chief executive Charles Green has called for "common sense to prevail" in today's vote...

1144:

CHARLES GREEN

"It is a very important day and I think there is lots of good, really responsible articles put out in the press today.

"I think it is time now for realisation. I think the vilification and persecution has to end and common sense has to prevail and I think it will.

"I think it is very difficult for the other clubs and the other leagues, and for the managers to understand who they are going to be playing and when their season will start and who their opposition will be. There are cup games in a few weeks' time and we all need to move on."

1146:

CHARLES GREEN CONT:

"We've always been prepared for both (Division One and Three) The fans have always said they are happy to go to (Division) Three, we just want to get a decision and move on.

"I hope it will be (the end of the situation) but I'm not convinced it will."

Edited by Imeantasong

ToadKiller Dog

Taken form the BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/18798033

HENRY McLEISH ON NEWCO RANGERS"My view is that Rangers in SFL 1 would be the best and most serious option. One, to find a home for Rangers and let them find their feet in Scottish football.

"But, the most important point, this will allow us to move on to much bigger issues in Scottish football than the future of Rangers newco.

"In the last season, 28% of all the people going through the turnstiles in Scotland were because of Rangers.

"If you add Celtic figures into that, 60% of all the fan base in Scotland is the Old Firm."

He should of kept his mouth shut. IMO his report on Scottish football is as creditable as piemans Tyncecastle not fit for purpose.

Its that dumbass mindset that has got scottish football in such a mess ,a scottish football that has decline in its world status dramaticaly since late 80s . A scottish football thats allowed two clubs to boss bully and threaten the rest be that from its boards or its fans base . Its no wonder there clubs were booming under this era (to be fair to the smellies they didnt cheat finance wise to get to the top ) A game and a culture where the sectarian nature of the big two is allowed to flurish as its big business when it really should be clamped down and punished in a modern world .

We have another historical chance to level out things a little people like Henry ,Archie,James Traynor etc are to blinkered and need swept away .But i am not convinced the chairmen in our game at the top end anyway are capable of real change so cudos to the likes of Raith and clyde for sticking to their guns so far .

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

Francis Albert

From BBC

1142:

BREAKING NEWS

Newco Rangers chief executive Charles Green has called for "common sense to prevail" in today's vote...

1144:

CHARLES GREEN

"It is a very important day and I think there is lots of good, really responsible articles put out in the press today.

"I think it is time now for realisation. I think the vilification and persecution has to end and common sense has to prevail and I think it will.

"I think it is very difficult for the other clubs and the other leagues, and for the managers to understand who they are going to be playing and when their season will start and who their opposition will be. There are cup games in a few weeks' time and we all need to move on."

1146:

CHARLES GREEN CONT:

"We've always been prepared for both (Division One and Three) The fans have always said they are happy to go to (Division) Three, we just want to get a decision and move on.

Must say it's nice of him to be concerned about the vilification and persecution of the SFL clubs by the Rangers in SFL1 lobby.

Harry Palmer

Grant Russell ?@STVGrant Yorkston: we will ask powers that be if they are confident Newco Rangers can satisfy fixtures.

Wonder if they'll get an answer.

Gordhun Smith on 5Live now.

jack D and coke

I must say I'm shocked that Malky Mackay made an irrational, illogical and somewhat stupid comment.

I'm not. Even Paulo said much the same thing a few months ago. I don't pay much attention to ex OF weejy footballers anyway. They're all tarred with the same brush lets be honest.

Glamorgan Jambo

From BBC

1142:

BREAKING NEWS

1144:

CHARLES GREEN

1146:

CHARLES GREEN CONT:

i.e. Charles has engaged Rangers PR firm and there was a large succulent lamb gathering at Ibrox earlier this week. :down: :down: :down:

Imeantasong

Luigi: "Like most Rangers fans, I hope for a clean slate in Division 3. However, there seems to be an agenda that further punishment follows no matter what. Was this applied to Airdrie or Livi? No. Also where was sporting integrity when Aberdeen finished bottom of SPL but did not get relegated. Common sense should rule debate, not vindictive agendas. Too many small minded comments dominating debate and top brass have really made a drama out of a crisis."

They STILL don't get it. There's a difference between causing their own financial meltdown and it's knock-on effect, and downright cheating.

Where did Livi and Airdire do that?

Was the league only rearranged to save Aberdeen?

Rick Grimes

I've heard it be called that plenty of times.

It depends on which one of the Bigot Bros is going through a hard time. It's either the Daily Rhebel or the Daily Rangers.

You live in Hun central - what do you expect?

The really frightening thing about this whole web of deceit, bullying lies and downright corruption is that, if this was 20 years ago, Rangers would be in the SPL and, apart from a few FFS?s life would have gone on. Our ?facts?, the agendas and solutions would have been gleaned from the BBC and red tops. We would have known next to nothing about what had really gone on.

The internet has brought fans of all clubs together on messageboards, twitter has given us insights from people like Tony McKelvie, blogs from Thommo, RTC amongst others and the news has been instantaneous.

The lesson for the authorities is that the genie is now out of the bottle. We are a sophisticated audience who will not take any bullshit from chairmen or media. We know how to organise quickly and will not hesitate to do so if the business ignores its customers - again.

Oh, and the lesson for supporters is ? don?t buy your ST until the last minute !

And that is the frightening truth behind all of this fiasco.

The DR et al are wondering why their circulation figures are plummeting. Well they know now. Their senior sports churnalist and fan of RFC RIP has no credibility whatsoever in the eyes of most football fans - certainly the fans who post on here and RTC for example. Traynor and his ilk operate in an editorial vacuum in which the red tops in Scotland didn't just ignore or refuse to acknowledge the reality of RFC RIPs demise and it's subsequent implosion but continue to misrepresent the mood of the fans (actually dismiss the views of the fans as meaningless) and misrepresent what is happening at Ibrox, the SFA/SPL/SFL war councils etc. etc. etc. It goes beyond misrepresentation : the media has virtually been a campaign manager to get RFC RIP relected into Scottish Football.

And when Traynor gers slaugtered on BBC Scotland last week he says it not the papers fault - there has been cutbacks , the DR doesn't have the staff on board(did it ever, FFS ?) or the expertise to explain the issues. Poor old Jim and his ilk are sports churnalists - not insolvency practitioners. Jim T just doesn't get it. NOT covering the issue in detail is not the same as actively ignoring the issue or delberately misrepresenting the issue - which the Glasgow media has done continuously. as for the BBC - is that the best we can expect ? The mupper who was on 5Live thos morning trotting out theusual guff and displaying a complete ignorance of the issues at hand.............

When you look at the scale of the disaster -

one of Scotland's most "succesful" businessmen goes belly up owing ?750 million to HBOs. He lies about not taking money out of RFC RIP when he actually received ?6 million in EBT paymens (that we know of)

RFC RIP & SDM ran up debts with HBOS alone of over ?100 million (never mind the "current" debts)

CW and his "off the radar" wealth

the outrgaeous behaviour of SFA & SPL etc, etc, etc.

If you're buying a newspaper in Scotland to find out the truth of what's going on you're simply not going to get it. And still circulations plummet , and still newspaper proprietors scratch their haeads and wonder what to do to stem the decline.

...a bit disco

From BBC

1142:

BREAKING NEWS

1144:

CHARLES GREEN

1146:

CHARLES GREEN CONT:

Timing is everything.

So why now Charlie boy, eh?

Harry Palmer

Grant Russell ?@STVGrant

STV understands Rangers' Charles Green and Ally McCoist are currently addressing SFL chairmen ahead of their vote.

:jjyay:

Boab Mugabe

Grant Russell ?@STVGrant

STV understands Rangers' Charles Green and Ally McCoist are currently addressing SFL chairmen ahead of their vote.

The Powerpoint is back!

:rofl:

rossthejambo

Grant Russell ?@STVGrant

I don't really understand why they're being given the opportunity to lobby the clubs before the vote tbh.

Toxteth O'Grady

Grant Russell ?@STVGrant

That should seal their fate

...a bit disco

Grant Russell ?@STVGrant

mqdefault.jpg

Imeantasong

Grant Russell ?@STVGrant

Own goals again please.

1204:

Tony Williams: "I believe Rangers chairman Murray apologised for the current situation the other week,how much humility are some looking for?"

:down:

Sorry m'lud, the accused still don't get the extent of it

alex thomson ?@alextomo

Respect to Annnan and all the other "diddy" clubs who have shown courage & integrity and had the cajones to speak out .

Grant Russell ?@STVGrant

Maybe they've ditched Powerpoint and are going for the direct approach - a suitcase full of readies.

alex thomson ?@alextomo

Now that a proper Braveheart Speech take note Bomber.

Own goals again please.

1204:

Tony Williams: "I believe Rangers chairman Murray apologised for the current situation the other week,how much humility are some looking for?"

Can we have some of the ?134,000,000 you stole back please?

No.

**** off then.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Now that a proper Braveheart Speech take note Bomber.

Is there anyway the clubs can bring forward a motion of 'no confidence' and impeach them, or is that outwith their scope?

Grant Russell ?@STVGrant

As amusing as that is, what the **** right have they got to be there?

According to Thomson: "I have in front of me a leaked email form Stewart Regan dated 23 June and sent to a small number of football officials and lawyers."

Have we any clue just who these peepul were? Not entirely clear whether the 'tache was a recipient or whether a recipient was being asked to prod Rod into briefing Greenback.

Harry Palmer

Luke Shanley ?@LukeShanley SFA chief executive Stewart Regan has made a presentation to SFL clubs ahead of today's vote at Hampden Park

Rolling out the big hitters again. Worked for the SPL vote right enough.

alwaysthereinspirit

I don't really understand why they're being given the opportunity to lobby the clubs before the vote tbh.

Its like they're the MC before the real comedy begins. Super Ally is probably a great public speaker.:whistling:

colinmaroon

Own goals again please.

1204:

Not a lot!

Just for it to be genuine!

ALL the actions/words of the club and fans since that apology have simply proved that the apology was lip service.

Humility is obviously a word missing from their vocabulary - and therein lies the source of anger from other fans.

Edited by colinmaroon

rossthejambo

Luke Shanley ?@LukeShanley SFA chief executive Stewart Regan has made a presentation to SFL clubs ahead of today's vote at Hampden Park

Rolling out the big hitters again. Worked for the SPL vote right enough.

Given the high regard he's held in by the people in that room, I'm not so sure that's the smartest move.

Again. Why is Ally even there! :unsure:

Presumably to say, "please vote us in to div 3"

can't be for anything else unless he's a duplicitous wee shit.

Edited by 2NaFish

As amusing as that is, what the **** right have they got to be there?

Its cos they are Ra Peepul!

Surely that makes it alright?? :blink:

...a bit disco

So today counts for nothing then?

That's a bummer, eh?

Rangers: Clubs fear Division Three vote could be overruled

Dunfermline and Clyde fear ways will be found not to abide by any decision to vote Rangers into Division Three.

The Scottish Football League is meeting to decide whether the "newco" Rangers will play there or Division One.

But Clyde claim that the Scottish Football Association and Scottish Premier League have warned they might not act on the vote of the 30 clubs.

And John Yorkston, who is hoping the Pars will play in the SPL, said: "They still haven't ruled out Rangers."

After the old Rangers headed for liquidation, Charles Green's Sevco consortium had its application for membership of the SPL rejected by 10 or the other 11 clubs.

Now the SFA and SPL have warned that, should Rangers drop to Division Three, it could lead to a reduction in vital television contract money and financial problems for clubs throughout Scotland.

They have offered the 30 SFL clubs a working party into reorganising the league structure and other financial incentives should they vote for Rangers in Division One.

But Yorkston told BBC Scotland: "We did have a meeting of the board, but we're still going to be voting for Rangers to go to the Third Division.

"We are trying to be fair here and there can't have rules for one and different rules for others.

"We are aware of the financial consequences to our club and other clubs, but we feel the sporting integrity is the right way to go."

Nine clubs had gone public with their opposition to Rangers in Division One ahead of the meeting, with another nine having indicated that they were so minded before the negotiations between the three governing bodies.

No matter which division Rangers are voted into, Dunfermline and Dundee are due to learn on Monday which will replace the Ibrox club in the top flight.

"Ourselves and Dundee are the two main contenders, though I wouldn't rule out the SPL doing something regarding newco if Rangers or newco are put into the Third Division," said Yorkston, who thought there would be calls for the resignation of top personnel at the SFA and SPL.

"They may actually go with Rangers. Rangers have still got the share in the league and that might be an option they go for if they believe Rangers in the Third Division is the right decision."

Clyde, who have questioned whether there is enough information about the new Rangers' finances to allow them into either division, had similar fears following alleged comments by the SPL chief executive.

"Neil Doncaster told the SFL clubs that the SPL would not allow Rangers to join the Third Division as the loss of ?16m would not be countenanced," said the Division Three club's latest statement.

"He is also on record as having said that a 16-team league would cost ?20m, therefore we can hardly have confidence that the focus on finance will allow these proposals to come to life.

"Given that the SPL and SFA have signalled a clear intention to act against any decision that might result in Sevco Scotland Ltd being admitted to the Third Division...We can expect that, no matter what the SFL clubs decide, Sevco Scotland will not be playing in the Third Division in the coming season."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18826839?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Is there anyway the clubs can bring forward a motion of 'no confidence' and impeach them, or is that outwith their scope?

There has to be a vote of no confidence for these fraudsters trying to Bully the so called Diddy teams will cost them there jobs and of course send der cheats to division 3.

From BBC

1142:

BREAKING NEWS

1144:

CHARLES GREEN

1146:

CHARLES GREEN CONT:

Reminds me of Bob Diamond making calls for 'Banker Bashing' to stop a year or two back. We all know how that turned out.

Following this circus, poolside in turkey is quite entertaining ... Oops just spilled my drink ... Back soon

Things like the Brechin statement show us how the wind is blowing. Nobody wants to be the Kilmarnock of the SFL. I think the vote will be pretty close to unanimous now.

Brechin caught with the boxers down and hand in till while they thought nobody was watching.

Edited by hmfc1440

one can only asume doncaster & regan are straight from "one flew over the cuckoo's nest" or greenhuns have only got enough finance to see them through one season.

Rick Grimes

Huns don't do contrition. Tits!

They wouldn't be Rangers fans if they did. Its part of the makeup - puffed up self-importance & a complete lack of understanding of what they're talking about.

Die you horrible *******s.

Does anyone have an aproximate guess when the verdict is likely? I have a feeling this is going to still be delayed somehow.

Again. Why is Ally even there! :unsure:

Can't do his "who are these people" speech without knowing who they are beforehand :geek:

brunoatemyhamster

Why do i get the feeling the headlines will read " DESCENDED INTO FARCE " very shortly :facepalm:

• Maple Leaf locked this topic