The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Francis Albert

http://blogs.channel...tale-world/2265

Just into Glasgow after an illuminating day speaking to club chairmen and officials of Scottish football which right now appears in a state of something like civil war.

Hyperbole?

What has it come to when club chairmen will openly agree with that description ? one of them on camera?

When such people openly talk of a complete breakdown of trust between the FA in Scotland on one hand and the Premier League ? on the other and personal breakdown of trust with their chief executives Neil Doncaster and Stewart Regan.

13 Rangers BLOG Football chairmen living in fairytale world

They stand accused as men hell-bent on pursuing the existence of the ?Rangers? cash cow and bleeding it at all costs, as high as possible in the game. Men, they say who care about money and not sport.

Mr Doncaster and Mr Regan vehemently deny this and accuse the chairmen of living in a fairytale world and not thinking that ?sporting integrity? has a big price tag.

So this is the atmosphere on the eve of Friday 13th ? Hampden.

I have in front of me a leaked email form Stewart Regan dated 23 June and sent to a small number of football officials and lawyers.

He thanks them all ?for your contribution and support?in trying to deliver a programme of change that will move Scottish football forward whilst addressing the need to deal with the Rangers matter with integrity and in line with our own values as an organisation.?

Laudable enough ? yet Mr Regan has presided over a sport where key relations between leagues, fans and governing bodies are poisonous.

Once upon a time Ibrox was toxic ? now the inflammation?s spread and a crisis infects every club in the land.

No wonder therefore that one chairman twice told me today that he has had conversations with several other chairmen discussing a vote of no confidence in the SFA and SPL leadership.

Chairmen I?ve spoken to regard the financial sweeteners proposed by these men to smaller clubs to allow ?Rangers? into Division 1, as ?derisory? and ?laughable?.

?They have not even begun to address proper redistribution of wealth from the SPL and they show no real desire to do so,? said Gordon McDougall of Livingston.

And look at how apparently out of touch Mr Regan is with the mood of both SPL and SFL clubs.

His email plans out what was supposed to happen inside Hampden-world as opposed to what did happen in the real world:

?D) DL (David Longmuir SFL boss) to organise SFL Board Meeting w/c 25th June to gain buy-in to the plan?

E) ND (Neil Doncaster) to gain support from SPL Clubs 28th June

F) SFL Clubs Meeting to be planned for 3rd July

G) SPL Club Meeting to be planned for 4th July

H) Scottish FA Board to sign off on the final plan post July 4th

Well -best laid plans. Nothing went according to this recipe.

And all the while the man about whom the clubs know so little; about whose financial backing so much remains mysterious ? Charles Green, ?Rangers? owner, was to be kept in the loop.

The email goes on:

?In parallel to the above, could Rod Petrie please brief Charles Green confidentially on the discussions from a Scottish FA perspective so that there are ?no surprises? and there is a general acceptance of the plan??

So the ?Rangers? boss gets full briefings on the quiet to keep him sweet whilst -as clubs like Clyde make clear ? they go begging for basic information about what?s on offer in return for soft-landing Mr Green?s Blues.

SFA/SPL are gambling hugely on giving Mr Green a helping Division 1 hand his own fans have rejected.

The SPL rejected the punt. So now, as one chairman of a league club Donald Findlay put it, ?the gun is being held to the head? of league chairmen.

Well, it?s an odd way to gamble ? an even odder way to do business and the oddest way possible to manage and to govern.

Unbelievable. Or it would if the unbelievable hadn't become the norm. The SFA keeping Green on board while they bully the other clubs to accept their plan. Further support for the theory that Regan and Doncaster had a deal or understanding with Green before he bought Sevco.

Edited by Francis Albert

I P Knightley

deal with the Rangers matter with integrity and in line with our own values as an organisation.?

Nice words but "By your actions shall ye be known"

His email plans out what was supposed to happen inside Hampden-world as opposed to what did happen in the real world:

?D) DL (David Longmuir SFL boss) to organise SFL Board Meeting w/c 25th June to gain buy-in to the plan?

E) ND (Neil Doncaster) to gain support from SPL Clubs 28th June

F) SFL Clubs Meeting to be planned for 3rd July

G) SPL Club Meeting to be planned for 4th July

H) Scottish FA Board to sign off on the final plan post July 4th

Well -best laid plans. Nothing went according to this recipe.

Can't even arrange a bunch of meetings on time. I can't believe that there was a moment in this saga where I was prepared to give Regan the benefit of the doubt. I feel dirty & used.

?In parallel to the above, could Rod Petrie please brief Charles Green confidentially on the discussions from a Scottish FA perspective so that there are ?no surprises? and there is a general acceptance of the plan??

So the ?Rangers? boss gets full briefings on the quiet to keep him sweet whilst -as clubs like Clyde make clear ? they go begging for basic information about what?s on offer in return for soft-landing Mr Green?s Blues.

The 'tache did well earlier on in this thread, coming out to speak against allowing The Ibrox Club to come into the SPL.

He should, at this point, have stood his ground and told Regan to Eff Off. Quite clearly a piece of (at best) subterfuge, giving beneficial information to a non-member of his body whilse, as Thommo says, the decent & honest members are left in the lurch.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

What an arsehole.

Arseholes everywhere are giving him a wide berth so as not to be associated with him... like the voters did. :thumbsup:

I P Knightley

Has your taxi arrived in Peebles, perchance?

:biglaugh:

You beat the edit - I hadn't turned the page when I replied to the earlier one.

Clearly not a day to be as slow as a tortoise.

although a lifetime hearts supporter I am also a brechin season ticket holder due to where I live. Just to let you know that yet again the press mis quoted them and there is a statement on their website advising this. Before we jump on clubs it is important to hear it direct rather than through the rangers supporting gutter press.

Club Statement

Contrary to reports in the press today, Brechin City FC have not agreed to vote yes to automatic inclusion in SFL One of Sevco.

Our position as agreed with our members on Wednesday is that we would only give a yes vote on the proviso that the various elements of restructuring and merging of the league are agreed to our satisfaction.

Sorry mate but that is pretty well what we thought they said. But since they have only offered a committee to make recommendations by November, how can your other club make any decision whatsoever ?

although a lifetime hearts supporter I am also a brechin season ticket holder due to where I live. Just to let you know that yet again the press mis quoted them and there is a statement on their website advising this. Before we jump on clubs it is important to hear it direct rather than through the rangers supporting gutter press.

Things like the Brechin statement show us how the wind is blowing. Nobody wants to be the Kilmarnock of the SFL. I think the vote will be pretty close to unanimous now.

That i'd like to see

With the exception of his cosy wee chats with Charles Green, until that point he was doing well.

Jury still out on him for this cat.

Things like the Brechin statement show us how the wind is blowing. Nobody wants to be the Kilmarnock of the SFL. I think the vote will be pretty close to unanimous now.

Most of the SFL clubs probably have more fans.

;)

Arseholes everywhere are giving him a wide berth so as not to be associated with him... like the voters did. :thumbsup:

Only in Scottish Football would we commission someone to write a report on the credibility of the game who had previously been bumped from his previous role due to fiddling his expenses.

Its like asking Myra Hindley & Ian Brady to write a manual on Babysitting & Childcare.

Depending on the result of the vote, I wouldn't be shocked if Regan resigned over the next few days. I suspect Doncaster will need prised out with a crowbar.

Petrie will be praying Regan and Doncaster hang around for a while yet, to divert attention from his role in all of this....

Petrie was the first to speak out publicly about "sporting integrity" (and was, quite rightly, praised for it) while all the time he was working away in the background, trying to gerrymander votes, making up proposals to try to get Sevco Scotland Ltd parachuted into SFL Div 1., and giving Charles Green confidential briefings.

So where's your "integrity" now Petrie, you two faced, devious, hypocritical, hobbo trumpet...? :mad:

I P Knightley

Oooh, over-excitement & a massive hang over for me today.

This is going to be a long, long day... hopefully with a happy ending.

Not a day for a hangover, Rick. You're going to need to be on your toes and at your very sharpest. Socrates is stealing a march!!

That said and on topic, once the votes are in, I wouldn't be shocked if Regan resigned over the weekend. I suspect Doncaster will be clinging on for grim death and need prised out with a crowbar.

;)

(See what I mean? All that stuff that Gassy said in the post above about Petrie? I said that a dozen posts ago.)

Edited by I P Knightley

jamboinglasgow

On an unrelated note, while the meeting starts and the anxious wait happens, here is something to make you laugh.

Was listening to 5live this morning, and the presenter who was reading the sport news genuinely said this:

"David Beckham is still looking forward to the olympics despite being left out of the Olympics football team after being snogged by Stuart Pearce."

Harry Palmer

Airdrie say they are voting NO to SFL1 or whatever resolution that comes under.

On an unrelated note, while the meeting starts and the anxious wait happens, here is something to make you laugh.

Was listening to 5live this morning, and the presenter who was reading the sport news genuinely said this:

"David Beckham is still looking forward to the olympics despite being left out of the Olympics football team after being snogged by Stuart Pearce."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"snubbed" maybes

colinmaroon

Airdrie and Dundee apparently told that they have/need to vote today.

They must be in the SFL1 camp, then. That's the only reason they would changing what they had previously "set in stone".

Gus from Dundee: "Would love it if Dundee knock back any SPL offer. The SPL clubs only want us in because our sizeable support will help negate the loss of Rangers."

:-)

The Old Tolbooth

Thommo's latest blog is another outstanding piece, the Hibs fans surely can't be happy at their very own saviour, Rod Petrie? :unsure:

I P Knightley

A-a-a-n-n-nd... they're OFF!

Pleasantries being exchanged. SFL Chairmen greeting each other & vying to get the jammie dodgers & bourbons before the others do. Nods of recognition; a smile here; a wink there; a pat on the back and a quiet question, "What's that mutant Doncaster doing in an SFL meeting, for the love of Christ?"

The Old Tolbooth

Not a day for a hangover, Rick. You're going to need to be on your toes and at your very sharpest. Socrates is stealing a march!!

That said and on topic, once the votes are in, I wouldn't be shocked if Regan resigned over the weekend. I suspect Doncaster will be clinging on for grim death and need prised out with a crowbar.

;)

(See what I mean? All that stuff that Gassy said in the post above about Petrie? I said that a dozen posts ago.)

^^^^^ Still reeling from the "Peebles" tag :lol:

Harry Palmer

Don't really want to hate The Tache after all his excellent work at the Shite but I suppose I could force myself.

I'm sure there will be wave of SEETHE heading his way but that has never really bothered him in the past. The fact he's still at the Shite after all the crap managers they've appointed says something about him.

Don't think he'll be able to remain in post after this though.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Dundee received an email at 5 to 5 last night saying they had to vote?

What a ******* shambles :rofl:

Regan and dumbcaster must resign after all the efforts they have made to shoehorn Sevco into the 1st division and Petrie is a snake in the grass.

Friday the 13th will be a great day for Scottish Football.

This revelation about Rod is old news....we knew he was given the role of messenger boy weeks ago!

Rudolf's Mate

Buzz_The_Bear: "You should inform Kieran that there is also a section in Duff & Phelps report that states RFC's history was purchased by CG"

:woot: This would mean that any newco would be liable for the old debt and penalties! What a bunch of fuds.

Geoff Kilpatrick

The only thing that worries me about AT's blog is whether we were complicit in the smokescreen. It's downright fraud and kudos to all fans for calling BS on the mutant et al.

rossthejambo

Dundee received an email at 5 to 5 last night saying they had to vote?

What a ******* shambles :rofl:

What's even more laughable is that there are posts on here from maybe a fortnight ago saying that it's in the SFL rule book that every club has to vote, no exceptions.

I P Knightley

^^^^^ Still reeling from the "Peebles" tag :lol:

Don't mind saying, John, that it stung me but I only had myself to blame. Made me realise that I really have to give myself a good talking to and up my game. I don't want to be known as the poster who farted around missing the significant goings on.

Are you still smiling from the namecheck from Robbo??

What are the bets that they don't even get to vote on resolution (ii)? I'm guessing it will be withdrawn to avoid the embarrassment of overwhelming rejection.

ArmiyaRomanova

Don't mind saying, John, that it stung me but I only had myself to blame. Made me realise that I really have to give myself a good talking to and up my game. I don't want to be known as the poster who farted around missing the significant goings on.

Are you still smiling from the namecheck from Robbo??

He's about to start writing his autobiography, "My Life With Robbo". :whistling:

I P Knightley

This revelation about Rod is old news....we knew he was given the role of messenger boy weeks ago!

I was prepared to give the benefit of the doubt at that point - allowing Petrie to have a consulting/advising role to make sure that Green was aware of the rules.

If he followed the guidance from Regan, then he was actively indulging in the nearest thing to insider dealing I've seen since Piers Morgan or Jeffrey Archer's wife.

Boab Mugabe

I do hope that ol' Charlie Green is giving his trusty Powerpoint presentation another bash today...

:-)

The really frightening thing about this whole web of deceit, bullying lies and downright corruption is that, if this was 20 years ago, Rangers would be in the SPL and, apart from a few FFS?s life would have gone on. Our ?facts?, the agendas and solutions would have been gleaned from the BBC and red tops. We would have known next to nothing about what had really gone on.

The internet has brought fans of all clubs together on messageboards, twitter has given us insights from people like Tony McKelvie, blogs from Thommo, RTC amongst others and the news has been instantaneous.

The lesson for the authorities is that the genie is now out of the bottle. We are a sophisticated audience who will not take any bullshit from chairmen or media. We know how to organise quickly and will not hesitate to do so if the business ignores its customers - again.

Oh, and the lesson for supporters is ? don?t buy your ST until the last minute !

rangers meltdown ?@rangersmeltdown

Any Rangers fan in their right mind have NEVER bought the Daily Rhebel... Most biased media outlet in Scotland

I've never even heard it called that before. Do they really think that it's biased against them? Deluded cocks.

Someone clarify what the voting proceedure is today - Is ot 2 Votes - 1 for the 1st Division and 1 for the 3rd - or is it a gimme that if its no to dviision 1 then they automatically get the 3rd ??

My son's a Jambo

Someone clarify what the voting proceedure is today - Is ot 2 Votes - 1 for the 1st Division and 1 for the 3rd - or is it a gimme that if its no to dviision 1 then they automatically get the 3rd ??

The motion is so badly worded, there is no clarity.

1st vote is on admission to the SFL.

2nd vote is effectively to let them into division 1. (Technically, that they go to division 3, unless the SFL Board agree to a deal for them to go to division 1).

There is some concern/paranoia about where they start if they get voted into the SFL, but the 2nd vote is no. It hasn't been officially confirmed that they would start in division three in that case.

Imeantasong

Any Rangers fan in their right mind have NEVER bought the Daily Rhebel... Most biased media outlet in Scotland

I've never even heard it called that before. Do they really think that it's biased against them? Deluded cocks.

If it's the Daily Rhebel AND the Daily Ranger, and we all hate it too, how does it survive?

Everybody hates it.

Masochism?

I've heard it be called that plenty of times.

It depends on which one of the Bigot Bros is going through a hard time. It's either the Daily Rhebel or the Daily Rangers.

Dalstonjambo

if there was any justice they'd get booted out all together and told to apply like everyone else.. however i can only cross my fingers for such justice.

Taken form the BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/18798033

HENRY McLEISH ON NEWCO RANGERS"My view is that Rangers in SFL 1 would be the best and most serious option. One, to find a home for Rangers and let them find their feet in Scottish football.

"But, the most important point, this will allow us to move on to much bigger issues in Scottish football than the future of Rangers newco.

"In the last season, 28% of all the people going through the turnstiles in Scotland were because of Rangers.

"If you add Celtic figures into that, 60% of all the fan base in Scotland is the Old Firm."

He should of kept his mouth shut. IMO his report on Scottish football is as creditable as piemans Tyncecastle not fit for purpose.

colinmaroon

The really frightening thing about this whole web of deceit, bullying lies and downright corruption is that, if this was 20 years ago, Rangers would be in the SPL and, apart from a few FFS?s life would have gone on. Our ?facts?, the agendas and solutions would have been gleaned from the BBC and red tops. We would have known next to nothing about what had really gone on.

The internet has brought fans of all clubs together on messageboards, twitter has given us insights from people like Tony McKelvie, blogs from Thommo, RTC amongst others and the news has been instantaneous.

The lesson for the authorities is that the genie is now out of the bottle. We are a sophisticated audience who will not take any bullshit from chairmen or media. We know how to organise quickly and will not hesitate to do so if the business ignores its customers - again.

Oh, and the lesson for supporters is ? don?t buy your ST until the last minute !

Davie, let's hope we get support, IF NECESSARY, from other Hearts fans, because it's not a unanimous view on JKB.

Personally, I'm against any action that would damage Hearts (i.e. walking away) although I understand why some would feel like that.

The action should be aimed at the SFA primarily. They're the real traitors in this whole mess!

CARDIFF BOSS & FORMER CELTIC DEFENDER MALKY MACKAY

"I hope they do go into the First Division. Portsmouth are a Premiership club and I don't think anyone could believe a Premiership club could go into administration.

"For the long-term good of Scottish football, I think they need to be back in the Premier League as quickly as possible."

EH?

I've heard it be called that plenty of times.

It depends on which one of the Bigot Bros is going through a hard time. It's either the Daily Rhebel or the Daily Rangers.

I do try to avoid socialising with Rangers fans as much as possible. Then again, even on here it's usually either the Daily Ranger, the ****** or that disgusting rag.

Imeantasong

Taken form the BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/18798033

HENRY McLEISH ON NEWCO RANGERS"My view is that Rangers in SFL 1 would be the best and most serious option. One, to find a home for Rangers and let them find their feet in Scottish football.

"But, the most important point, this will allow us to move on to much bigger issues in Scottish football than the future of Rangers newco.

"In the last season, 28% of all the people going through the turnstiles in Scotland were because of Rangers.

"If you add Celtic figures into that, 60% of all the fan base in Scotland is the Old Firm."

He should of kept his mouth shut. IMO his report on Scottish football is as creditable as piemans Tyncecastle not fit for purpose.

And with 52,000 and 60,000 capacities, it's their own turnstyles.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic