The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

I thought two Clubs had tabled amendments for Clause i to say Vote Newco into Div 3 and then amend clause ii

At least two clubs requested changes in advance of the 48 hour limit.

I feel tomorrow is going to be one big, undemocratic carve up.

We'll see.

colinmaroon

....or even Craig Burley's? :P

Was it George or Craig Burley ? I never read the story but heard about it - just assumed it was Craig as he's known for being a moron.

[QUESTION ALREADY ANSWERED BY RANGERS MEGATHREAD TOP POSTER THE GASMAN]

Craig. :whistling:

Thanks gentlemen!

That's what I get for trying to post and concentrate on the golf at the same time.

Edited by colinmaroon

You could probably make a case for just about every club in the SFL having some sort of conflict of interests. There's the knock-on effect on promotions, there's all the chairmen who support Rangers - and it's actually been suggested on this thread that Brechin are voting Yes because if Newco are in Div 1 they'll get to play them in the Ramadan Cup or something...

Indeed, but only the Pars will challenge Dundee joining the SPL.

Robbo-Jambo

I thought two Clubs had tabled amendments for Clause i to say Vote Newco into Div 3 and then amend clause ii

If it had been amended as you say the consequences of the vote would be more clear thats for sure. <_<

Carl Spackler

Tonight is going to be like the hours before a transfer window closes.

Lots of "reports" and nobody really having a ******* clue what is going on.

Hackney Hearts

I feel tomorrow is going to be one big, undemocratic carve up.

Have you any idea how that might be achieved?

Do you know how the CEs would avoid a no confidence vote if they overruled the majority, declared a dictatorship and introduced martial law?

Biffa Bacon

Was the placement money due to oldco or newco ?

Can't wait for the court case :thumbsup:

Got to be oldco, as newco have not kicked a ball yet so how could they receive a prize for footballing achievement.... share the ?25K between creditors would seem fair to me. :ninja:

You could probably make a case for just about every club in the SFL having some sort of conflict of interests. There's the knock-on effect on promotions, there's all the chairmen who support Rangers - and it's actually been suggested on this thread that Brechin are voting Yes because if Newco are in Div 1 they'll get to play them in the Ramadan Cup or something...

That is 100% fact and came from Director of Div 2 club prior to their statement. Feck Brechin.

Rudolf's Mate

This is a strange one....

In theory either Dundee or Dunfermline could be going up, but the SFL are allowing Dunfermline to vote, but not Dundee.

Airdrie United have said they have a conflict of interest so won't be voting, but the other clubs with exactly the same conflict will be voting.

...and the SFL's rules seem to suggest that it is mandatory for all clubs to vote, meaning Airdrie Utd and Dundee would be breaching the rules.

Clear as mud.... :unsure:

I didn't know they were allowing Dunfermline to vote. I understand what others have been saying re Dundee now.

Have you any idea how that might be achieved?

Do you know how the CEs would avoid a no confidence vote if they overruled the majority, declared a dictatorship and introduced martial law?

As I said, we'll see.

Actually, I have visions of them locking the door and not letting anyone out until Sevco are in Div 1!!

Edited by Pistol1874

Imeantasong

Got to be oldco, as newco have not kicked a ball yet so how could they receive a prize for footballing achievement.... share the ?25K between creditors would seem fair to me. :ninja:

Wouldn't surprise me, because of who they represent :ermm::D

Hackney Hearts

Feck Brechin.

Indeed. Angus b******s. They can stick their cathedral right up, sideyways.

Seymour M Hersh

900 pages and we are at decision eve. What chance another 900 pages before this sorry saga ends.

Hackney Hearts

As I said, we'll see.

Enigmatic...

Actually, I have visions of them locking the door and not letting anyone out until Sevco are in Div 1!!

As a tactic, that is slightly cleverer and more persuasive than anything they've tried to date. I therefore think it might be beyond them.

...a bit disco

Indeed. Angus b******s. They can stick their cathedral right up, sideyways.

Hedging their bets, are they?

:whistling:

Enigmatic...

Not especially, actually I have NFI but fear the worst.

As a tactic, that is slightly cleverer and more persuasive than anything they've tried to date. I therefore think it might be beyond them.

Hadn't thought of that!

:D

@alextomo: League FC chairman: "Yes there's a fair bit of talk about a possible vote of no confidence in Stewart Regan and Neil Doncaster."

If the motions for voting tomorrow are not changed

then that is the SFA essentially 'double daring' the SFL to vote TheRangers out of the league.....

But if this is the case it is this they must do

to give the clubs te biggest bargaining chip.

The attempted bribes to assist The Rangers in this vote are one thing. Can you imagine how much the streets will be paved in gold to just get The Rangers back in the league?

If Scottish football wants the change it says it does it will get ithese changes better, easier and quicker with The Rangers in div 3 or not in any league at all.

Courage of convictions and all that....

Edited by Jammy T

...a bit disco

Interesting and a good point.

Grant Russell ?@STVGrant Livingston were asked to pay ?720,000 bond to SFL in 2009 to prove they could fulfill fixtures. Why hasn't Charles Green been asked for one?

Grant Russell ?@STVGrant Livingston were asked to pay ?720,000 bond to SFL in 2009 to prove they could fulfill fixtures. Why hasn't Charles Green been asked for one?

this just abouty favourite point of this whole thread.....

tartofmidlothian

900 pages and we are at decision eve. What chance another 900 pages before this sorry saga ends.

When we hit 700 I came close to confidently predicting The Death of Rangers by 800.

Glad I didn't now. Phew.

He has no money.

Probably because nobody knows if they will be in the SFL next season.

C'mon :alex: get yer new blog out.

Watching c4 news for the piece but going out ... damn

Edited by jambovambo

John McClure

im not gonna read this thread untill a decision has been made tomorow. I suspect teh next time i post on it it will be to a have a monumental seethe at ranagers being in the first division and doncaster and regan still being in jobs. untill then, try no and rack it up to another 100 pages ffs

...a bit disco

im not gonna read this thread untill a decision has been made tomorow. I suspect teh next time i post on it it will be to a have a monumental seethe at ranagers being in the first division and doncaster and regan still being in jobs. untill then, try no and rack it up to another 100 pages ffs

Looking forward to some extra special GTFs from you tomorrow then Fragg me lad!

:thumbsup:

Jam Tarts 1874

I think this is an interesting statement from Livi's Gordon McDougall:

http://sport.stv.tv/football/110660-scottish-football-needs-a-financial-reality-check-even-if-clubs-go-under/

"Our clubs face ruin if in fact Neil Doncaster's threats have any substance,? he told STV. ?Every Scottish club is living beyond their means - particularly in the SPL.

"The danger is that SPL clubs go into administration or liquidation. If they do, they are living beyond their means and, if so, we need to reconstruct our game.

"Let's just let it bottom out. There is never a good time for clubs to go under but it is as good a time as any.?

McDougall confirmed his club will vote for Rangers to play in the Third Division, despite the lack of information on Sevco Scotland?s financial future or on who is involved with the company.

"I want Rangers back in football as quickly as possible,? he said. ?But it must be done realistically and with a degree of certainty.

"This isn't against Rangers. I think they will come back strongly. But any new company can do no other than start in Division Three."

I wonder if Craig Burley still thinks this guy is a muppet!?

Harry Palmer

ScotlandTonight ?@ScotlandTonight Gordon Smith, Archie Macpherson @mcgowan_stephen and @alextomo join us to discuss where next for Scottish football #scotnight

That'll be a riveting debate with Archie Wooooof and Smith involved. I'd advise against watching it but if you're in need of a good SEETHE then it's probably unmissable. :thumbsup:

McGowan is from the Daily Heil so that'll be good. :mellow:

Edited by Arnold

...a bit disco

Two Rangers apologists, and yer man. What's McGowan like?

Would love it if he got tore right in.

Popcorn ready to go.

Fingers-crossed1.jpg

Please ream them out good style Tomo!

Teuchterjambo

Hedging their bets, are they?

Life's a Beech as they say :thumbsup:

Don't understand it. 7.25 on Thursday night, votes stacking up in favour of Div 3.

And NO word on the vote being deferred yet :whistling:

Why have they suddenly wheeled out Arsey McErson?

NHS cuts I'm afraid, his care home has shut down.

Gordon is a good guy...... For a hibby..!

quote name='Jam Tarts 1874' timestamp='1342116961' post='3037156']

I think this is an interesting statement from Livi's Gordon McDougall:

http://sport.stv.tv/football/110660-scottish-football-needs-a-financial-reality-check-even-if-clubs-go-under/

"Our clubs face ruin if in fact Neil Doncaster's threats have any substance,? he told STV. ?Every Scottish club is living beyond their means - particularly in the SPL.

"The danger is that SPL clubs go into administration or liquidation. If they do, they are living beyond their means and, if so, we need to reconstruct our game.

"Let's just let it bottom out. There is never a good time for clubs to go under but it is as good a time as any.?

McDougall confirmed his club will vote for Rangers to play in the Third Division, despite the lack of information on Sevco Scotland?s financial future or on who is involved with the company.

"I want Rangers back in football as quickly as possible,? he said. ?But it must be done realistically and with a degree of certainty.

"This isn't against Rangers. I think they will come back strongly. But any new company can do no other than start in Division Three."

I wonder if Craig Burley still thinks this guy is a muppet!?

Craig Gordons Gloves

I have nothing to add, i just wanted to be the 36,000th reply to this thread.....

Robbo-Jambo

I have nothing to add, i just wanted to be the 36,000th reply to this thread.....

You missed :lol:

Imeantasong

You missed :lol:

He did say reply though, so maybe he's right (anything above post 1 is a reply? :lol: ).

Edited by Imeantasong

Imeantasong

:(

Sorry, didn't edit above quick enough.

Anyway, back to business.

I still can't believe the cast of characters who have arrived at Ibrox over the last year and a bit are still provoking thoughts by some of actually letting them anywhere near a football association or league.

Whyte, D&P, Green, and all the side issue names.

Gordon is a good guy...... For a hibby..!

He's certainly said nothing wrong, and has more dignity, knowledge, and integrity, than that spanner Burley can even dream of.

Fair play to him, even if he is cabbage. :P

GMEdinburgh

He has no money.

and has not provided a business plan as well as 3 years worth of auditable books.

Edited by GMEdinburgh

Craig Gordons Gloves

He did say reply though, so maybe he's right (anything above post 1 is a reply? :lol: ).

Thank you!

:thumbsup:

...a bit disco

Gordon Smith and Archie Macpherson have already been discredited, no idea who Stephen McGowan is but hopefully Tomo will take them to task.

Scottish Daily Mail Chief Football Writer.

Apparently.

:huh:

Edited by ...a bit disco

...a bit disco

Just got a text from a mate who works at the High Court in Glasgow that Rangers directors have lodged a petition at the Court of Session for an Administrator. My mate is a Well fan who is not really into mischief making so thought I would pass on the info.

I shall try and get more info from him soon.

Just for posterity's sake, who remembers the above?

• Maple Leaf locked this topic