The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Hopefully we'll see the resignations of Regan, Doncaster, Topping and Longmuir by the end of the day.

It would not surprise me though. Is that why they are waiting until Mobday to announce it? They will come out with it is too late to change the fixtures nonsense.

It would require a new vote by the SPL Clubs to manage that, and they must be given a formal written proposal with a minimum of 14 days notice of the meeting before they can vote on it.

What many people are ignoring in all of these discussions on today's vote is: is the entity known as Sevco (Scotland) Ltd in any state (on and off the pitch) to be ready to participate in any league in 2012-2013.

My view all along has been they are not.

No registration; no licence; no audited accounts; no disclosure of shareholders; no player insurance; no ticket sales mechanism; no security. How can they be allowed to circumvent the requirement imposed on all other clubs to play professional association football in Scotland. For all his bluster I am sure Regan will in the end adhere to the SFA articles and exclude Sevco from competing this season.

Sorry to post piss from rangers media again, but found this to be unbelievablly funny

The shame of what Craig Whyte did to Rangers Football Club will never be etched from the hearts of those of us who cast a favourable eye towards Ibrox. The anger, embarrassment and feeling of utter helplessness throughout the entire crisis which has engulfed our club, will sadly follow most of us to our graves.

And yet, even the wayward conduct of this shameless individual which brought Scotland's biggest sporting institution to it's very knees, is only part of the story. For the events at Rangers Football Club proved to be the catalyst for a nation to completely disgrace itself, to let it's mask slip and reveal its true nature. That revealed nature is neither edifying nor particularly wholesome, and is very much in contrast to a nation which boasts ?One Scotland many cultures?

Before we continue further its worthy of noting the comments of someone who is not only outside Rangers Football, but during his professional sporting career as both player and manager has been in direct opposition to Rangers ? Celtic and Scotland Legend Davie Hay.

" Although the SPL decision not to admit Rangers is apparently fan driven, I do wonder about what type of fan we are talking about ?

Are these the vocal minorities who man their computers or the majority represented by fans' association's ?

What I would say is that the level of retribution being sought on Rangers is not good for the Scottish game and, I believe, beyond reason."

The retribution of which he speaks manifested itself with a concerted effort by supporters of other SPL clubs to ensure that any application by Rangers for re-entry to the SPL was doomed to failure. They threatened their own chairmen with warnings of boycotts, and despite the financial abyss that such action would create, they continued to intimidate and scheme until their respective chairmen acquiesced to their threats. This despite several warnings from independent financial projections they themselves had commissioned , in addition to ominous warnings from their own chairmen of financial meltdown. Perhaps the greatest manifestation of their unbridled and irrational hatred came in a Daily Record Poll which showed that more than half (55%) would rather see their own club die than allow Rangers back into the SPL.

History demonstrates that if you seek to demonise a people you need both propaganda and a favourable press. Alas for Scotland both these ingredients were present in abundance.

?Sporting Integrity? became the flagship of the propaganda campaign. It was the stick which was used repeatedly to beat Rangers time and time and time again. It sought to give a moral platform to those who saw an opportunity to unleash their festering and unhealthy hatred of Rangers. It was a campaign which our media bought into it wholeheartedly. Their was a distinct absence of objective journalism, save two or three amongst the hordes who, forlornly, tried to stemmed the rising tide of hatred. When articles describe such a stampede of hatred as a ?rising up of democracy? and liken your club to something you would take great joy in punching repeatedly in the face so much that your hand hurt, then you know that there is little hope of impartial journalism, or presentation of the facts.

But the shame of Scotland continued.

Those charged with governance of our game landed the fatal blow for the flagship propaganda banner of ?Sporting Integrity?. But not in some honourable way asking for reasonable and rational debate, instead their desire to punish Rangers had to be balanced against a financial dependence upon them. If Rangers were the cash cow then as much as they hated her they needed her to feed them.

What then followed should shame any right thinking individual. A complete abdication of responsibility by the SPL chairmen was followed up by a campaign of bullying, threats lies and intimidation against those to whom the buck was passed. Public statements by nearly every SFL chairmen, presenting a whole litany of a serious allegations against those who govern our game seemed to have made no difference whatsoever.

Those who govern our game have been called unfit for purpose by those whom they govern and yet those responsible remain in post.

And what of our government ? A government so apparently concerned by the need for clemency that they released Scotland's worst ever mass murderer upon his diagnosis with cancer.

Not a word.

Whilst Westminster launches an enquiry into the Scottish Football crisis and hears evidence that the SFA's rules are unfit for purpose those Scottish politicians are silent.

While courts of this land are telling the world that the SFA's punishment of Rangers is ?unlawful? our politicians remain silent.

Perhaps with the forthcoming independence vote, many Rangers supporters, who are of course voting, will have had a glimpse of what is in store for our club and it's support should independence be achieved at the ballot box.

History will show that Craig Whyte shamed Rangers Football Club.

But Scotland as a nation disgraced itself.

Hopefully we'll see the resignations of Regan, Doncaster, Topping and Longmuir by the end of the day.

Topping has already gone.

Topping has already gone.

Great - then we've only got the other three conspirators to be rid off - then perhaps the game here can get on in a cleaner, competitive, sporting manner.

Harry Palmer

Airdrie and Dundee apparently told that they have/need to vote today.

Colin Paterson ?@CP_acadvertiser

I have spoken to Ann Marie Ballantyne. The club received information at 5.30pm that both they and Dundee will need to vote this morning.

(From reporter on local Airdrie paper)

Sorry to post piss from rangers media again, but found this to be unbelievablly funny

But Scotland as a nation disgraced itself.

all quote, utter tosh.

Francis Albert

What many people are ignoring in all of these discussions on today's vote is: is the entity known as Sevco (Scotland) Ltd in any state (on and off the pitch) to be ready to participate in any league in 2012-2013.

My view all along has been they are not.

No registration; no licence; no audited accounts; no disclosure of shareholders; no player insurance; no ticket sales mechanism; no security. How can they be allowed to circumvent the requirement imposed on all other clubs to play professional association football in Scotland. For all his bluster I am sure Regan will in the end adhere to the SFA articles and exclude Sevco from competing this season.

If people were adhering to the rules Sevco wouldn't have got as far as the vote today.

Trust Regan? Regan joined Doncaster in threatening the SFL clubs with non-payment of contractual payments. Reminiscent of Rangers non-payment of tax to giive them a better negotiating position on the big tax case.

jamboinglasgow

Alex Thomson is fantastic in that, as the other 3 come up with their bluster and half-truths trying to say 3rd division is right but will destroy everything, he just sums up the problem of Scottish football in a couple of sentences. Archie trying desperately to put the point across that its no about integrity, everyone is trying to get poor Rangers.

Harry Palmer

Tony McKelvie ?@TonyMcKelvie

The result of this morning's vote by SFL Clubs is now known. Statement soon. Stewart Regan is just letting the delegates know how they voted

:unsure:

Francis Albert

The result of this morning's vote by SFL Clubs is now known. Statement soon. Stewart Regan is just letting the delegates know how they voted

Surely it would be Longmuir not Regan? Unless Regan is telling them how they should have voted.

Edited by Francis Albert

Clyde implying that part of today is rigged is good. It shows they sat down and voted for something specific and didn't go along with the Div1 plans.

Hopefully more clubs will make similar statements later :thumbsup:

Some quality spin in today's Daily Ranger making out as if the first division clubs have a different view to the second and third division clubs. No idea where Gordon Parks is getting this from, but he's no Keith Jackson or Jim Traynor.

Some of the spin

"It?s understood several top First Division clubs will look to breathe new life into a set-up geared at casting adrift what they regard as the baggage of reform- resistant outfits."

"Record Sport also understands a host of First Division clubs are furious at the prospect of minnows being allowed to block historic reconstruction proposals."

Overall I'd award him 3/10 - must do better, not even a knuckledragging Gers fan would believe this

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2012/07/13/rangers-in-crisis-newco-club-just-two-votes-away-from-starting-life-in-division-three-as-d-day-arrives-86908-23907871/

Tony McKelvie is usually spot on with things. Unless someone has fed him a wee tale I'd expect it to be true.

Didn't take long to vote... there has to be more discussions taking place as I can't see those chairmen missing out on the buffet lunch! :woot:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Alex Thomson is fantastic in that, as the other 3 come up with their bluster and half-truths trying to say 3rd division is right but will destroy everything, he just sums up the problem of Scottish football in a couple of sentences. Archie trying desperately to put the point across that its no about integrity, everyone is trying to get poor Rangers.

Archie trying to patronise Thomson! :rofl:

Thomson must feel like he is the straight man in a three stooges sketch, sitting there. :blink:

:lol:

Although sadly it says it all that it wouldn't surprise me if that did happen.

Charlie-Brown

Tony McKelvie is usually spot on with things. Unless someone has fed him a wee tale I'd expect it to be true.

Didn't take long to vote... there has to be more discussions taking place as I can't see those chairmen missing out on the buffet lunch! :woot:

It's was a joke - black humour - read it again & think Stalinism! :)

Pre-meeting quotes from Yorkston...

Grant Russell ?@STVGrant

Yorkston: we will ask powers that be if they are confident Newco Rangers can satisfy fixtures.

Expand

Grant Russell ?@STVGrant

Yorkston: I don't know if anyone knows anything about Sevco. I know nothing about them other than what I have read in the media.

Expand

Grant Russell ?@STVGrant

Yorkston: I don't agree putting Rangers in Div 3 would be death of Scottish football. Rangers would work their way back up

Expand

Grant Russell ?@STVGrant

Yorkston: we want to do a deal which suits all 42 clubs.

Expand

Grant Russell ?@STVGrant

Yorkston: Today is not the appropriate time to discuss any vote of no confidence in Regan/Doncaster

Expand

Grant Russell ?@STVGrant

John Yorkston: Division 3 is the way we have to go. We will just deal with the ramifications as they happen

I think he could be taking the piss? The meeting isn't due to start till 11.

http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/football-chairmen-living-fairytale-world/2265

Just into Glasgow after an illuminating day speaking to club chairmen and officials of Scottish football which right now appears in a state of something like civil war.

Hyperbole?

What has it come to when club chairmen will openly agree with that description ? one of them on camera?

When such people openly talk of a complete breakdown of trust between the FA in Scotland on one hand and the Premier League ? on the other and personal breakdown of trust with their chief executives Neil Doncaster and Stewart Regan.

13 Rangers BLOG Football chairmen living in fairytale world

They stand accused as men hell-bent on pursuing the existence of the ?Rangers? cash cow and bleeding it at all costs, as high as possible in the game. Men, they say who care about money and not sport.

Mr Doncaster and Mr Regan vehemently deny this and accuse the chairmen of living in a fairytale world and not thinking that ?sporting integrity? has a big price tag.

So this is the atmosphere on the eve of Friday 13th ? Hampden.

I have in front of me a leaked email form Stewart Regan dated 23 June and sent to a small number of football officials and lawyers.

He thanks them all ?for your contribution and support?in trying to deliver a programme of change that will move Scottish football forward whilst addressing the need to deal with the Rangers matter with integrity and in line with our own values as an organisation.?

Laudable enough ? yet Mr Regan has presided over a sport where key relations between leagues, fans and governing bodies are poisonous.

Once upon a time Ibrox was toxic ? now the inflammation?s spread and a crisis infects every club in the land.

No wonder therefore that one chairman twice told me today that he has had conversations with several other chairmen discussing a vote of no confidence in the SFA and SPL leadership.

Chairmen I?ve spoken to regard the financial sweeteners proposed by these men to smaller clubs to allow ?Rangers? into Division 1, as ?derisory? and ?laughable?.

?They have not even begun to address proper redistribution of wealth from the SPL and they show no real desire to do so,? said Gordon McDougall of Livingston.

And look at how apparently out of touch Mr Regan is with the mood of both SPL and SFL clubs.

His email plans out what was supposed to happen inside Hampden-world as opposed to what did happen in the real world:

?D) DL (David Longmuir SFL boss) to organise SFL Board Meeting w/c 25th June to gain buy-in to the plan?

E) ND (Neil Doncaster) to gain support from SPL Clubs 28th June

F) SFL Clubs Meeting to be planned for 3rd July

G) SPL Club Meeting to be planned for 4th July

H) Scottish FA Board to sign off on the final plan post July 4th

Well -best laid plans. Nothing went according to this recipe.

And all the while the man about whom the clubs know so little; about whose financial backing so much remains mysterious ? Charles Green, ?Rangers? owner, was to be kept in the loop.

The email goes on:

?In parallel to the above, could Rod Petrie please brief Charles Green confidentially on the discussions from a Scottish FA perspective so that there are ?no surprises? and there is a general acceptance of the plan??

So the ?Rangers? boss gets full briefings on the quiet to keep him sweet whilst -as clubs like Clyde make clear ? they go begging for basic information about what?s on offer in return for soft-landing Mr Green?s Blues.

SFA/SPL are gambling hugely on giving Mr Green a helping Division 1 hand his own fans have rejected.

The SPL rejected the punt. So now, as one chairman of a league club Donald Findlay put it, ?the gun is being held to the head? of league chairmen.

Well, it?s an odd way to gamble ? an even odder way to do business and the oddest way possible to manage and to govern.

Grant Russell ?@STVGrant

Yorkston: Today is not the appropriate time to discuss any vote of no confidence in Regan/Doncaster

Interesting. Might tomorrow be the appropriate time? I saw Tomo was saying last night that there was a fair amount of chat in the game that this might be a possibility.

His tongue is firmly planted in his cheek, FFS ...

alex thomson ?@alextomo

Turnbull Hutton Raith R chairman - perhaps it's time to consider new faces at the top of Scottish football

Dean Winchester

http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/football-chairmen-living-fairytale-world/2265

Just into Glasgow after an illuminating day speaking to club chairmen and officials of Scottish football which right now appears in a state of something like civil war.

Hyperbole?

What has it come to when club chairmen will openly agree with that description ? one of them on camera?

When such people openly talk of a complete breakdown of trust between the FA in Scotland on one hand and the Premier League ? on the other and personal breakdown of trust with their chief executives Neil Doncaster and Stewart Regan.

13 Rangers BLOG Football chairmen living in fairytale world

They stand accused as men hell-bent on pursuing the existence of the ?Rangers? cash cow and bleeding it at all costs, as high as possible in the game. Men, they say who care about money and not sport.

Mr Doncaster and Mr Regan vehemently deny this and accuse the chairmen of living in a fairytale world and not thinking that ?sporting integrity? has a big price tag.

So this is the atmosphere on the eve of Friday 13th ? Hampden.

I have in front of me a leaked email form Stewart Regan dated 23 June and sent to a small number of football officials and lawyers.

He thanks them all ?for your contribution and support?in trying to deliver a programme of change that will move Scottish football forward whilst addressing the need to deal with the Rangers matter with integrity and in line with our own values as an organisation.?

Laudable enough ? yet Mr Regan has presided over a sport where key relations between leagues, fans and governing bodies are poisonous.

Once upon a time Ibrox was toxic ? now the inflammation?s spread and a crisis infects every club in the land.

No wonder therefore that one chairman twice told me today that he has had conversations with several other chairmen discussing a vote of no confidence in the SFA and SPL leadership.

Chairmen I?ve spoken to regard the financial sweeteners proposed by these men to smaller clubs to allow ?Rangers? into Division 1, as ?derisory? and ?laughable?.

?They have not even begun to address proper redistribution of wealth from the SPL and they show no real desire to do so,? said Gordon McDougall of Livingston.

And look at how apparently out of touch Mr Regan is with the mood of both SPL and SFL clubs.

His email plans out what was supposed to happen inside Hampden-world as opposed to what did happen in the real world:

?D) DL (David Longmuir SFL boss) to organise SFL Board Meeting w/c 25th June to gain buy-in to the plan?

E) ND (Neil Doncaster) to gain support from SPL Clubs 28th June

F) SFL Clubs Meeting to be planned for 3rd July

G) SPL Club Meeting to be planned for 4th July

H) Scottish FA Board to sign off on the final plan post July 4th

Well -best laid plans. Nothing went according to this recipe.

And all the while the man about whom the clubs know so little; about whose financial backing so much remains mysterious ? Charles Green, ?Rangers? owner, was to be kept in the loop.

The email goes on:

?In parallel to the above, could Rod Petrie please brief Charles Green confidentially on the discussions from a Scottish FA perspective so that there are ?no surprises? and there is a general acceptance of the plan??

So the ?Rangers? boss gets full briefings on the quiet to keep him sweet whilst -as clubs like Clyde make clear ? they go begging for basic information about what?s on offer in return for soft-landing Mr Green?s Blues.

SFA/SPL are gambling hugely on giving Mr Green a helping Division 1 hand his own fans have rejected.

The SPL rejected the punt. So now, as one chairman of a league club Donald Findlay put it, ?the gun is being held to the head? of league chairmen.

Well, it?s an odd way to gamble ? an even odder way to do business and the oddest way possible to manage and to govern.

Unbelievable. Glad clubs are starting to call for his and Doncaster's head.

Unbelievable. Glad clubs are starting to call for his and Doncaster's head.

Depending on the result of the vote, I wouldn't be shocked if Regan resigned over the next few days. I suspect Doncaster will need prised out with a crowbar.

You know the sad thing anout al this is it has shown many many Glasgow based people think stillnthe sun only shines in the weeg in football terms.

For a ex celt who has been involved with other clubs to come out with such keek and blaming EVERYONE in Scotland simply cos we want the rules to be adhered to is staggering. For weeg paper after paper to write propoganda that pravda would be proud of on a daily basis tells me its simply about the weeg retaining absolute power over everything football in Scotland.

Glad fans all over this country have stood up but acc to Hay we should ashamed. Least we did it honesty without a warped agenda

alex thomson ?@alextomo

Turnbull Hutton Raith R chairman - perhaps it's time to consider new faces at the top of Scottish football

I'd like to see Turnbull Hutton at the head. An honest guy

He can run the merged SPL/SFL. The Clyde Chairman can run the SFA. Sorted.

I P Knightley

Tongue only a wee bit in cheek, there?

Edit: sorry JV - hadn't turned the page to see you'd written the same.

Edited by I P Knightley

If we really are interested in sporting integrity then Sevco to D3 is a non-starter.

They are a new club and should apply to join the league and have their application judged on it's merits.

Putting them into D3 is like a fudged punishment for Rangers, a club who don't exist any more.

Also, given the fact that they would almost definitely not be able to fulfil a season's fixtures, their application would likely be turned down. And that would be a right good laugh.

Excellent. That's that then.

I can look forward to next season after all :thumbsup:

This is all very toxic.

But that is what happens when a toxic 'institution' goes wrong.

The Huns are leaking their toxins and poison all over Scotland.

This is all very toxic.

Nothing unusual there then??

They have been doing it since 1872/1873*

*depending on what history they are rewriting this week.

Rick Grimes

Oooh, over-excitement & a massive hang over for me today.

This is going to be a long, long day... hopefully with a happy ending.

Charlie-Brown

This is all very toxic.

Jammy - the only toxins are at Ibrox, Hampden & perhaps a few other SPL money grabbers.

The majority of SFL clubs and fans of all clubs have shown a wonderful resistance to the cancerous influences that infect Scottish fitba.

although a lifetime hearts supporter I am also a brechin season ticket holder due to where I live. Just to let you know that yet again the press mis quoted them and there is a statement on their website advising this. Before we jump on clubs it is important to hear it direct rather than through the rangers supporting gutter press.

Harry Palmer

Tyrone Smith ?@TyroneSTV Dundee are 'perplexed' after being told by the SFL last night they would be allowed to vote today. Given no reason for the sfl u-turn

Grant Russell ?@STVGrant McLelland (Annan): Stewart Regan and Neil Doncaster should resign their positions.

I don't think Regan and Doncaster will survive the weekend.

?50 on both gone by the end of next week.

rossthejambo
HENRY McLEISH ON NEWCO RANGERS "My view is that Rangers in SFL 1 would be the best and most serious option. One, to find a home for Rangers and let them find their feet in Scottish football.

"But, the most important point, this will allow us to move on to much bigger issues in Scottish football than the future of Rangers newco.

"In the last season, 28% of all the people going through the turnstiles in Scotland were because of Rangers.

"If you add Celtic figures into that, 60% of all the fan base in Scotland is the Old Firm."

What an arsehole.

I don't think Regan and Doncaster will survive the weekend.

?50 on both gone by the end of next week.

Not convinced Doncaster will have gone.

That i'd like to see

Edited by Ally B

• Maple Leaf locked this topic