The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Hagar the Horrible

Money is the root of all evil.

The correct phrase is the love of money is the root of all evil, sorry but after the damp squid fiasco, it need to be right:-)

the windae cleaner

my hope comes in the form of sfl clubs ... theyve had to live within their means for many years now and hopefully most will see the sweetners that are promised their way as nothing more than the corrupt farcical nonsense that it is .. hopefully they will all vote no .. if they get into a sfl 1 slot then i will never be back to any scottish football game :verymad:

Mister Dee

The SPL should be disbanded immediately.

The start of the league should be postponed until a new top tier league can be decided upon.

This crap about the league not being able to survive us rubbish.

If all players had their incomes reduced by 10%, there would be no problems.

I P Knightley

Doncaster on BBC Radio 5 live: "[Going into the bottom tier] could happen but it's not viable, because it would wreak so much damage on 41 innocent clubs who have done nothing wrong.

...and, of course, there's been no damage wreaked on any of them over the last 25 years by turning a blind eye to the goings on at Ibrox.

"The meeting yesterday for the 30 Scottish Football League clubs pretty positive and hopefully we'll get a good steer coming out of that in the next 24 hours, that it is viable to put Rangers into the second tier. Then our clubs have options available to them.

"That may be why a firm decision is not taken today - it's important that as many options as possible are kept alive so that the right decision can be taken."

i.e. like the independence vote, we'll keep on banging away at it until we get the response that we have designed.

I think he's actually saying that there will be a vote taken today but it may not count ('firm decision') as a full and final vote because he has his fingers crossed in his pockets or something.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

So much for Doncaster being only a mouthpiece. A ringpiece, sure, but mouthpiece, eh, naw. If they postpone this vote today then all of the SPL clubs are complicit. Including the ones who have already said 'no'

...a bit disco

The correct phrase is the love of money is the root of all evil, sorry but after the damp squid fiasco, it need to be right:-)

Indeed it does.

So henceforth find yourself pulled for 'it need to be right'.

Unless it was deliburate and I'm now a ******!

Everything is being done to avoid today's vote. Why? When it is so glaringly obvious that the club formerly known as rangers have completely ripped apart Scottish Football, and made us the laughing stock throughout the footballing world through their own misdemeanors, everything points towards those in charge pulling out all the stops to assist them, which is as bigger scandal IMO.

This could have been halted immediately if Liewell had made a similar statement to Vlad's and the tic fans had supported him.

But nothing, absolute silence, nothing in the papers, or TV and radio.

The cartel is still operating and will continue to do so until what's left of Scottish fitba unites behind a group of Turnbull Hutton type figures and dump the "mafia" that has infiltrated and poisoned our game certainly since 1998 and beyond.

Break away or die.

Hagar the Horrible

McMoist and ganGreen has turned up at hampden , they are using the Oldco's proxy vote

Raman Bhardwaj ?@STVRaman

via our chief reporter @stvdavidc: Charles Green just arrived at Hampden with Ally McCoist.

...a bit disco

So much for Doncaster being only a mouthpiece. A ringpiece, sure, but mouthpiece, eh, naw. If they postpone this vote today then all of the SPL clubs are complicit. Including the ones who have already said 'no'

Doncaster's travails and mishaps are almost worthy of a novel.

Oh wait...

Thackeray_ringpiece.jpg

Hagar the Horrible

Indeed it does.

So henceforth find yourself pulled for 'it need to be right'.

Unless it was deliburate and I'm now a ******!

Cockerel!

...a bit disco

Cockerel!

:lol:

Cheers mate!

So the plan is clearly this:

SFL vote first:

If yes to Newco in 1st Division, great the SPL chairmen then vote The Rangers out (SFL chairmen under threat of being excluded from any future SPL expansion if they do not vote yes). This is the neatest solution for Doncaster.

If no to Newco the plan clearly is that SPL chairmen will vote The Rangers in to SPL, and then the SPL punishment for dual contracts will be demotion to SFL1.

This is the sole reason for todays vote being delayed and it is physically making me want to hit somebody.

I am genuinely gutted by all of this. Not only has it sickened me of Scottish football, it has sickened me of Scotland. There is little to be proud of when this sort of thing is allowed to happen in a country where football is supposed to be the national sport.

What can we do? Not alot it seems without killing football off completely, but I am not sure I care anymore.

Boycott the national team. Must be high on the list of options.

Boycott our own team if they do not stick to the "no" vote.

But it seems to me what is really needed is a consolidated fans voice - fans of all "no" clubs pulling together and confirming what there position would be in attending and supporting (or not as the case is) scottish football if this carve up is allowed to happen.

It would include

• non-attendance at games both at club and national level
  • cancelling Sky subscriptions
  • actively campaigning against/not purchasing from any sponsor/advertiser of the new league set up
  • boycott of Daily Record and Scottish Sun
  • vote of no confidence in Regan and Doncaster
  • "nuclear option" proposal to be made to all "no" club chairment that they would be supported in a show of "civil disobience" in not taking part in the first round of games in the new league set up, and that they should be encouraged to form their own breakaway league.

But something like this just wont happen, but I'd love it if it was.

Thunderstruck

Money is the root of all evil.

Love of money is the root of all evil.

Money is like manure, it does most good when it is evenly spread around.

jamboinglasgow

heard a brief bit on radio 5live from with Graham Spiers where he talked about integrity and Rangers need to go into the 3rd division but because of money Scottish football may not afford integrity. I was thinking, if thats the case the baws burst.

This is just horrible, they are going to destroy the game for thirty pieces of silver and short term piece of mind.

Brave Hearts

Is Her Majesty in hunland today to pick up the taxes due to her from the hun-cheats ?

If not, why not ?

And how many of the hun-cheats will be hypocritically showing their false allegiances to her ?

...a bit disco

Chris McLaughlin ?@BBCchrismclaug Most club reps entered meeting via back door to avoid media. Would fans rather they walked up the stairs and faced the questions? #SPL

As opposed to Doncaster taking twosies up his back door from the unwashed of Govan and the East End.

Edited by ...a bit disco

Here are the facts.

Celtic NEED Rangers. Their ideal scenario is for Rangers to stay in the SPL but be crippled by sanctions for a few years so Celtic can dominate.

Rangers AND Celtic would leave Scotland and our pishy league TODAY if they could. If half our clubs are doomed without Rangers then I assume we are all doomed without both of them. Therefore, it is sensible to conclude that neither club gives a rats arse for Scottish football.

The rules are that Rangers must apply for SFA and SFL membership. Should they meet the criteria they can be granted a place in SFL 3. These are the rules.

Scottish football is frantically trying to bend/break/make up rules for the good of Rangers.

Failure today to send Rangers packing and to make them follow whatever SFL/SFA rules that exist will be the DEATH of Scottish football. Over. Finished. Game will well and truly be a bogey.

Reality is that for many, this whole saga and the way it has been mismanaged by the football authorities will already have turned them away for good.

Sad sad times.

...a bit disco

The Scottish FA should step in and take control of the newco Rangers saga, according to one SFL club.

Partick Thistle have issued a statement calling on the governing body to seize the power to decide where Rangers should be playing their football next season.

A Thistle spokesman said it should not fall upon the clubs of Scotland?s lower leagues to decide on the issue, which will have wide-ranging financial implications, particularly in the SPL.

The statement said: ?We feel that it is not the responsibility for making a decision that will have huge ramifications throughout the game in this country to fall on any individual member, or collection of clubs of the Scottish Football League.

?This is not a problem of the SFL?s making and as a result it is not a decision which can be taken in isolation of the SPL clubs.

?It is the opinion of Partick Thistle that the Scottish Football Association, the game?s governing body in Scotland, should now take ownership of this unprecedented situation.?

Partick reiterated that parachuting Rangers into Division One was ?clearly unacceptable? and said that a ?radical overhaul? of the game was needed.

The spokesman added: ?Our view, shared by the majority of supporters, is that a radical overhaul of our game is required. We are more than happy to be involved in any such process, however feel that the driving force for change has to be our National Association.?

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/partick-thistle/109236-partick-thistle-call-on-sfa-to-step-in-and-take-control-of-rangers-debacle/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

:thumbsup:

vegas-voss

These ***** are going to get voted back into the SPL.I can just sense it.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Another thing, the SNP can whistle for a 'yes' vote by the way. If this is how we deal with football, imagine if it was something that actually mattered.

Another thing, the SNP can whistle for a 'yes' vote by the way. If this is how we deal with football, imagine if it was something that actually mattered.

I know a lot of people who feel the same.

rossthejambo

it's been mentioned already, but I really wish that the clubs who are allegedly against this move resigned from the SPL immediately and applied to join the SFL. They threatened a breakaway from the SPL before, and now's the prime time to actually act on it. I'm sick, fed up of the OF being the be all and end all of Scottish football.

People complain about English teams hoovering up fans from up here but this is exactly the reason why people are turning their backs on Scottish football and following teams from down south, there's no real competition, the standard on show is relatively poor, and now it's almost official that the game's rigged in favour of the OF on every single level. Why would you want to keep watching?

They keep saying that putting Rangers in at the bottom will wreak havoc on 41 innocent clubs, but shoehorning them back in is going to wreak even more havoc when there's even more pitiful attendances at games.

GuitarJambo

I'm fed up of this now.

Our game is rife with corruption and the only person to have spoken out over the years is Mr Romanov.

How can we continue to pay into a system thats tilted in favour of a duopoly?

Part of me wants to hand my season ticket back and demand a refund but then I don't want to hurt Hearts.

What are we as supporters of the club supposed to do? wait til Dongcaster retires? Wait til other club owners grow a spine and boot out the corruption?

I am so confused today and really don't know what to do.

The sun is claiming 8 clubs will go bust without rangers, i think all 10 outwith the old firm will go bust if theyre allowed to start higher than div3 because people will simply walk away.

How can Doncaster negotiate such a bad deal with companies that they have a walk away clause if the old firm isnt intact?

The old firm is dead, scottish football is dead, donkeycaster, regan and co should now do the honourable thing and fall on their swords, time to resign and leave our game you corrupt fuds.

this is breaking our hearts here.

The biggest farce in this while affair us the lack of any concrete figures...

All clubs and fans need to know...

1. When does the current sky and espn deal run out?

2. Can they walk from currant deal if they don't get their for old firm games a season?

3. How much is the current TV deal worth to all 42 teams pet season and what is its percentage of their annual turnover (broken down to each club).

4. What TV contract would be on offer for the SPL clubs should rangers not be in the SPL? Preliminary talks must have taken place and I cannot conceive that there would be no TV deal on the table?

rossthejambo

The biggest farce in this while affair us the lack of any concrete figures...

All clubs and fans need to know...

1. When does the current sky and espn deal run out?

2. Can they walk from currant deal if they don't get their for old firm games a season?

3. How much is the current TV deal worth to all 42 teams pet season and what is its percentage of their annual turnover (broken down to each club).

4. What TV contract would be on offer for the SPL clubs should rangers not be in the SPL? Preliminary talks must have taken place and I cannot conceive that there would be no TV deal on the table?

We can't be trusted with such information. The truth is they probably don't know and probably don't even want to know. All they know is that it could jeopardise any sponsorship/TV deal and they know that fear is all they need to drive this through.

Victor Meldrew

Of course, the delay issue might not be a bad thing. If both the SPL and SFL insist on an 'after you...' policy we will soon get to a point when the leagues have to finalise their fixtures and member clubs and get on with things. At present there is simply no Rangers in any league.

If I were Spartans, I'd make an application now - that would really put the cat among the pigeons.

Dalstonjambo

I'm at a bit of a crossroads as I read what might be happening.

I love HMFC, and this will never change. However I'm starting to wonder if any of the above is true regarding Sevco coming what the point is.

If they get back in by any other way than to the third division via an application process, we are admitting openly to the world our league is corrupt, never mind SFL division 1 or SPL.

If they do get in we might as well pack up and go home.. HMFC have got my money already from renewing season tickets, but is it worth me going to watch games when what we are basically telling the world is the results of the season are already decided to suit agendas?

Part of me is genuinely wondering if I'm done..

heard a brief bit on radio 5live from with Graham Spiers where he talked about integrity and Rangers need to go into the 3rd division but because of money Scottish football may not afford integrity. I was thinking, if thats the case the baws burst.

This is just horrible, they are going to destroy the game for thirty pieces of silver and short term piece of mind.

Traynor has being saying this for months.

For me integrity is EVERYTHING. Not just in football but in all we do. If we don't back integrity then Scotland as whole will suffer. Imagine a big investor coming into Scotland and reading money is worth more then integrity. He would be in the first plane out.

In the current climate integrity and trust are of huge value for long term growth.

jambovambo

Of course, the delay issue might not be a bad thing. If both the SPL and SFL insist on an 'after you...' policy we will soon get to a point when the leagues have to finalise their fixtures and member clubs and get on with things. At present there is simply no Rangers in any league.

If I were Spartans, I'd make an application now - that would really put the cat among the pigeons.

Didn't I read somewhere that Spartans (and someone else - can't remember who) had sent in applications ?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

At least this whole saga has proven one thing beyond doubt - that Scottish football serves the Old Firm's interests first and foremost.

It also shows that the views of the general public are of no relevance to the game's administrators.

If Rangers/Nrwco get to stay in SPL, I'd be up for VR removing us from a corrupt league that dictates that two clubs must be in it.

Apply to join the SFL and don't accept promotion to the corrupt SPL, I'd back the club on this by paying SPL prices.

May one-six

The trouble is that it's the SPL that has a gap. We're going to have a situation where the newco Huns get into the top league by default 'because' as slimy face Doncaster will say, 'there is no other option and it's what's best for Scottish football.'

GuitarJambo

I'm at a bit of a crossroads as I read what might be happening.

I love HMFC, and this will never change. However I'm starting to wonder if any of the above is true regarding Sevco coming what the point is.

If they get back in by any other way than to the third division via an application process, we are admitting openly to the world our league is corrupt, never mind SFL division 1 or SPL.

If they do get in we might as well pack up and go home.. HMFC have got my money already from renewing season tickets, but is it worth me going to watch games when what we are basically telling the world is the results of the season are already decided to suit agendas?

Part of me is genuinely wondering if I'm done..

i feel the same as you today EJ, I wont ask for my ST money back, but I think i might be done with scottish football.

I just can accept that we should pay into a corrupt system that needs 2 teams in it who are treated specially while everyone else can basically GTF.

Heres hoping that today someone puts forward a motion for a vote of no confidence in dongcaster and co and that it is pushed through and we get to watch him do himself in on the steps of hampden, actaully the better outcome is that the police investigate doncaster and his chums and send them to jail!

Alva-Jambo

I reckon it's a stich-up cobbled together by the SFA, Celtic, SPL (i.e. Doncaster, Killie chairman, Petrie), and what remains of Rangers. Celtic's silence speaks volumes, how easy would it have been for them to come out and please their fans by saying that they're voting no and that newco should start in the 3rd?

Time for the clubs voting 'no' to get out of the SPL, I doubt Hibs will go because of Petrie but if enough of the rest of us go and the SFL accept us we could have a 16-18 team SFL1 next season, which would be ideal.

The vote , IF it admits 'Rangers' will spit the SPL, so we 4 or 5 NO clubs may as well all try to enter the Division 1 . It destroys the SPL, which would be a good solution!

Now which 2 or 3 clubs who have SAID they will vote no, will now vote yes? I still don't see it .

Perhaps Dungcaster will slip a couple of yes slips in the ballot box and pull them out.

May one-six

At least this whole saga has proven one thing beyond doubt - that Scottish football serves the Old Firm's interests first and foremost.

It also shows that the views of the general public are of no relevance to the game's administrators.

Exactly.

Scottish football can sook my bobby.

This is a farce. Complety corrupt, unfair disgusting organisation.

Glad I finished watching it on a high though (1-5). I'll never be back unless justice is done.

Signed, F.Knoxy

Former season ticket holder for 14 years.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

It's gonna be hard to stomach in a few years when I can't believe it's not Rangers talk about needing to move to Engand.

Hagar the Horrible

Its bizaar that Rangers newco are getting to use oldco's vote by proxy, and Dunfermline get a vote even though they were relegated, Dundee dont get a vote and it affect them as much as anybody else.

I would love to be fly on th the wall to hear Doncaster doing his best Grima Wormtongue while Liewell does his best Saruman to tacke the forces of middle earth

Green representing the Orcs

Hibs as the hobbits

Celtic as Uruk Hai

Aberdeen the elves

Hearts as the Rohan

Dundee Utd still as Arabs

Motherwell the undead

St Mirren as the Dwarfs

Everybody else random characters thoughout this epic

Dalstonjambo

i feel the same as you today EJ, I wont ask for my ST money back, but I think i might be done with scottish football.

I just can accept that we should pay into a corrupt system that needs 2 teams in it who are treated specially while everyone else can basically GTF.

Heres hoping that today someone puts forward a motion for a vote of no confidence in dongcaster and co and that it is pushed through and we get to watch him do himself in on the steps of hampden, actaully the better outcome is that the police investigate doncaster and his chums and send them to jail!

Lets hope so mate. I've never bothered about the time and money it costs me to watch HMFC as days like the cup final make it all worth it, but from now on every game is theoretically tainted as this league is only set up to suit 2 teams and we are openly admitting this to the world..

I might just go and watch brentford or something..

bobskeldon

If Rangers/Nrwco get to stay in SPL, I'd be up for VR removing us from a corrupt league that dictates that two clubs must be in it.

Apply to join the SFL and don't accept promotion to the corrupt SPL, I'd back the club on this by paying SPL prices.

I have just emailed HMFC to ask the question (again) about what exactly they have sold me.

Have they sold me a season ticket for a competition OR a series of meaningless friendlies?

Like you, resignation from the SPL is now my preferred choice IF SEVCO are admitted to the SPL or SFL 1.

May one-six

Scottish football can sook my bobby.

This is a farce. Complety corrupt, unfair disgusting organisation.

Glad I finished watching it on a high though (1-5). I'll never be back unless justice is done.

Signed, F.Knoxy

Former season ticket holder for 14 years.

Am the same - and Sky Sports will be getting cancelled too.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Agreed. I don't want any part of it. I would want Romanov to pull us out, whatever the consequences.

I've not missed a home game for about ten years but if Rangers get into the SPL then I won't be back next season and I actually mean it this time.

I agree with Gambo's SFL suggestion and I'd go to the games if we did that.

Edited by Stanley_

Hagar the Horrible

Lets hope so mate. I've never bothered about the time and money it costs me to watch HMFC as days like the cup final make it all worth it, but from now on every game is theoretically tainted as this league is only set up to suit 2 teams and we are openly admitting this to the world..

This is the thing have i just bought a season ticket to watch a SPORT, not a series of show games just for the benfefit of the Old Firm, as we just some kind of poor support act, because I bought a ticket for the main show

The vote , IF it admits 'Rangers' will spit the SPL, so we 4 or 5 NO clubs may as well all try to enter the Division 1 . It destroys the SPL, which would be a good solution!

Now which 2 or 3 clubs who have SAID they will vote no, will now vote yes? I still don't see it .

Perhaps Dungcaster will slip a couple of yes slips in the ballot box and pull them out.

When the Scottish parliament opened there was some vote on who would be the chair (I think). It was a secrete ballot but one person instantly said 'that we were supposed to be a new open parliament so why are we having secrete ballots?' It was decided he had a point but they should progress as planned in order to get things moving.

As the vote were being posted one MSP walked to the box past his candidate and coolly opened up his vote slip to show him, then folded it and posted in the box. It was quite funny.

So I hope if it is secrete vote then people will still be willing to share how they vote! thumbsup.gif

Sterling Archer

For those that have purchased STs, will this be your last? A lot of clubs have said the issue is how long they've had to prepare and that it's come out of nowhere.

With that in mind, if you decide this will be your last will you be letting the club know in advance?

GuitarJambo

Time and money are not factors that have ever came into it for me really, but i think id rather watch us in the junior leagues from now on than play in a corrupt and inept system ram by massive scrotes.

Id happily pay spl prices to watch us in lower leagues.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Agreed. I don't want any part of it. I would want Roanov to pull us out, whatever the consequences.

Amen :thumbsup:

• Maple Leaf locked this topic