The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Jambothroughandthrough

Walter Smith, October 15th 2009:

''Scottish football can survive without the Old Firm''.

Fast forward to 2012:

''It's not just Rangers that face oblivion the entire future of Scottish football as we know it is at stake''.

If the entire Scottish game is so reliant on ONE team then the game is already dead.

RIP Scottish football.

brunoatemyhamster

Our pal Tom Commentator of Rangers telly is back (from Twitter):-

Tom Miller ?@TomCommentator

Hard Facts Fans of some clubs may not like it but MONEY TALKS & SKY & ESPN are SCREAMING at everyone in The Scottish game LISTEN or DIE !

Is this Tom "Jan Wouters doesn't know a thing about football" Miller. Holy Shite Batman.Just when you thought Jim Traynor was the bottom of the barrell! Another guy who's is overdue a crack in the gub. Remember when he single-handedly killed TALK107 ? :yucky:

Rick Grimes

Fast forward to 2012:

''It's not just Rangers that face oblivion the entire future of Scottish football as we know it is at stake''.

If the entire Scottish game is so reliant on ONE team then the game is already dead.

RIP Scottish football.

You're not wrong.

:cornette:

I can see where and how you are interpreting it Socrates, but if interpreting it in that way would that not mean that before they could be admitted to the SFL the SPL club vote would have to be taken first, and either Dunfermline/Dundee moved out of the first division to create that space, otherwise again they aren't following that rule as it is laid out. If any vote on SFL1 is taken first both Dundee and Dunfermline would still be in the SFL at that stage, and there would be no space as such.

True. I guess they can't cancel tomorrow's vote then.

It's almost guaranteed that the SPL meeting will be adjourned tomorrow with no vote taken place.

Suspect you are spot on the money! However the longer it drags out with no income for Newco as no decision made about their future or no future, no season ticket sales etc, then more than likely Newco will "follow follow" Oldco (with any luck!)

OKAY... Our game is corrupt.

We appear to be totally up against a system that just wont listen to the majority's opinion.

What the **** can we do before it's too late ??

Pistol1874

The longer this goes on, with absolutely no leadership and no-one with the courage to do the right thing at the expense of money, the more sure I am that at the end of each of the SFA, SPL and SFL rulebooks there is a rule which says 'the foregoing is the case unless we get sufficient votes to do it differently, in any given circumstance, entirely at the board's discretion'.

Honestly, if the SPL clubs do not vote tomorrow, it will be clear that a shower of money obsessed, morally bankrupt shiters run our game.

It is utterly astonishing to me that anyone would want to continue to invest time and money in this sham, run by these arseholes, if Newco end up anywhere but division 3.

Edited by Pistol1874

Toxteth O'Grady

Fast forward to 2012:

RIP Scottish football.

Can you or one of your colleagues chuck that quote back at him.

And while you are at it can you ask him if he had an EBT.

Fast forward to 2012:

RIP Scottish football.

I bet you wouldn't have quoted that on that football show you used to do when you pandered to the Old Firm fans all the time! However, I agree with the statement.

Felix Lighter

Fast forward to 2012:

RIP Scottish football.

Well shockeroony,

Walter Smith is a liar. :rolleyes:

Francis Albert

Our pal Tom Commentator of Rangers telly is back (from Twitter):-

Tom Miller ?@TomCommentator

Hard Facts Fans of some clubs may not like it but MONEY TALKS & SKY & ESPN are SCREAMING at everyone in The Scottish game LISTEN or DIE !

Well, Rangers would certainly know that money talks. Even if you steal it apparently.

givememychoice

This may have been answered already...its hard keeping up.

Its fair to say oldco are not in a position to play fixtures. newco have no SFA membership.

Why has the preliminary Scottish Cup round been drawn based on Rangers playing?

i wish jj was my dad

Fast forward to 2012:

RIP Scottish football.

I haven't noticed any mutton munchers raising this point with the old traitor.

Why somebody who walks out on their country in the middle of a qualifying campaign gets such an easy ride is beyond me. Particularly when the reason he did it was so that he could contribute to spunking away all that tax payers money.

Suspect you are spot on the money! However the longer it drags out with no income for Newco as no decision made about their future or no future, no season ticket sales etc, then more than likely Newco will "follow follow" Oldco (with any luck!)

Edited by ollie2004

kingantti1874

Fast forward to 2012:

RIP Scottish football.

There's the boy.

Harry Palmer

Top 20 Posters rough update.. :)

The Gasman 1192

Lovecraft 770

Geoff Kilpatrick 717

Hagar the Horrible 672

jambovambo 654

jamboinglasgow 619

jambosrbarry 598

Francis Albert 594

Dexter 519

Rick Grimes 502

I P Knightley 500

Socrates 492

Imeantasong 457

I.T.K 394

davieholt 362

colinmaroon 362

The Comedian 335

The Mighty Thor 325

Tasavallan 312

...a bit disco 312

Arnold 174 :mellow:

Is it to be one more sleepless night wondering what more scandal and corruption surface from within Scottish Football's governing bodies? Got an early start tomorrow, cannot wait to see the morning papers - and the Daily Ranger!

What's the point? The very fact the governing bodies seem intent on bending the rules to accomodate one should be enough for all of us to realise that the game in this country is finished. Shafted for a desperate grab for the absolute pittance that Sky cursedly throw our way as an afterthought.

Edited by Martin_T

Geoff Kilpatrick

Another :wow: day and not in a good way.

After the bluster, a few things MUST happen:-

- Regan, Ogilvie and the mutant to go

- The SPL vote must go ahead by show of hands today (it is 4 July here)

- SPL fans who bought ST's after club statements should tell their clubs they will sue for deception IF there is any sign of that club performing a U-turn.

I would love it if Vlad made the trip to attend the SPL meeting tomorrow and started one of his rants! Surely it is too late now for the meeting to be cancelled or the vote delayed!

livingstonjambo

Is it to be one more sleepless night wondering what more scandal and corruption surface from within Scottish Football's governing bodies? Got an early start tomorrow, cannot wait to see the morning papers - and the Daily Ranger!

Sorry but dont you mean the Daily Sevco??

jambovambo

Top 20 Posters rough update.. :)

The Gasman 1192

Lovecraft 770

Geoff Kilpatrick 717

Hagar the Horrible 672

jambovambo 654

jamboinglasgow 619

jambosrbarry 598

Francis Albert 594

Dexter 519

Rick Grimes 502

I P Knightley 500

Socrates 492

Imeantasong 457

I.T.K 394

davieholt 362

colinmaroon 362

The Comedian 335

The Mighty Thor 325

Tasavallan 312

...a bit disco 312

Arnold 174 :mellow:

Get in ... holding up my position ...

guys why does everyone think that the vote will be postponed tomorrow? whats happened, i have not been about on here today so was just wondering?blink.gif

portobellojambo1

True. I guess they can't cancel tomorrow's vote then.

I guess they can, given how stupid they are, but then they cannot call an EGM and ask the SFL clubs to vote on whether to admit a new club into the SFL in place of the club who are leaving it, given no club will have left it by that stage, meaning no vote could be taken, under the rules of the SFL of course, assuming there is at least one rule they are going to stick by.

I suppose there is one alternative for the 10 or so SPL clubs who collectively agree this is the biggest feckin carve up ever, and that is for those clubs to collectively submit notification to the SPL that they intend to leave the SPL set up, and reapply for membership of the SFL.

If the belief of the ignorant suits in admin positions is the SPL will fall apart if one club goes, I assume it will really be up shit creek without a paddle if 10 all leave at once. However, Sky could then have 19 games home and away between the two remaining teams, meaning Doncaster, Regan et al can masturbate themselves to sleep every night. Although they would also have to do away with the split to accommodate this two team league (but shouldn't have too much trouble in getting Celtic and Sevco to agree to such an arrangement).

Edited by portobellojambo1

kingdannyb

Apparently:

"BBC Scotland understands that some involved in the conference call - between the 11 SPL clubs, excluding Rangers - are pressing for their own vote to be postponed to allow the lower league clubs to make a decision on Rangers' fate."

jamboinglasgow

Another :wow: day and not in a good way.

After the bluster, a few things MUST happen:-

- Regan, Ogilvie and the mutant to go

- The SPL vote must go ahead by show of hands today (it is 4 July here)

- SPL fans who bought ST's after club statements should tell their clubs they will sue for deception IF there is any sign of that club performing a U-turn.

To me this is turning into a massive game of poker over Rangers, the SPL and SFA are trying to hint at disaster if they are not in 1st division, the majority of SFL clubs and fans are calling the bluff either through suggesting what has it to do with them if the SPL suffers or in the fans case saying if clubs have to face up to their poor financial models for a fair game then so be it.

I think the SPL will vote no to newco tomorrow, but whether it is 1st division or 3rd division I am unsure.

Also if Rangers are really sorry for the trouble they have caused Scottish football, they should show it by removing their application for this year, remove the chaos and set up one clear path.

Harry Palmer

Apparently:

"BBC Scotland understands that some involved in the conference call - between the 11 SPL clubs, excluding Rangers - are pressing for their own vote to be postponed to allow the lower league clubs to make a decision on Rangers' fate."

Bunch of *******.

Edit: cats :thumbsup:

Edited by Arnold

BBC website:

Rangers: SPL chairmen ponder vote in late-night discussions

Worried Scottish Premier League chairmen are believed to be holding a late night conference call as they try to resolve the crisis over Rangers.

It came the night before a vote of the 12 clubs to decide on the application from Charles Green's newco Rangers to be admitted to the top flight.

Motherwell have become the eighth club likely to vote against.

But the vote comes amid warnings about the future of Scottish football should Rangers drop to Division Three.

Continue reading the main story

?For avoidance of doubt, the club will not be supporting the application?

St Johnstone FC

Scottish Football League clubs had gathered to consider that option and the alternative of placing the Ibrox club in Division One.

At least 10 SFL clubs had confirmed their opposition to the First Division plan before the meeting.

However, addressed by Scottish Football Association chief executive Stewart Regan and SPL counterpart Neil Doncaster, they were given more detail on claims made in a controversial document outlining the commercial impact of the options.

It includes an assertion that ?16m would be lost to the Scottish game if Rangers are relaunched in the Third Division.

No vote had been planned at the SFL meeting and the 30 clubs agreed to consult with their own boards and fans then meet again on 12 July, when a vote is expected.

BBC Scotland understands that some involved in the conference call - between the 11 SPL clubs, excluding Rangers - are pressing for their own vote to be postponed to allow the lower league clubs to make a decision on Rangers' fate.

SFL club representatives met at Hampden to discuss the Rangers crisis

A number of clubs have listened to the views of their fans, who want Rangers refused entry to the SPL, but fear a resulting loss of television and other revenue would cripple their own finances.

Motherwell became the latest to signal their intentions following the result of a survey among members of the Well Society and shareholders.

With the club's board having promised that the result would help determine their stance, 82% of the 661 taking part rejected the proposal to allow the newco Rangers into the SPL.

St Johnstone issued a statement reaffirming their intention to vote against the application from Green's consortium.

"There has been a good deal of press speculation in advance of tomorrow's meeting of the SPL clubs with regard to how each club will cast their vote in relation to the newco Rangers application to join the SPL," it said.

"For avoidance of doubt, the club's position remains as per the statement which was issued on Monday 25 June confirming that the club will not be supporting the application."

Aberdeen, Dundee United, Hearts, Hibernian, Inverness Caledonian Thistle and St Mirren have also all previously stated that they will vote against, with Celtic, Kilmarnock and Ross County yet to make a firm commitment.

Meanwhile, the Rangers Fans Fighting Fun has claimed that a poll of supporters showed that 75% of the club's fans would rather play in Division Three than accept a compromise deal for a place in Division One.

Only 3% wanted to accept a place in Division One if it meant that sanctions were inherited as a result of the actions of the old Rangers, which is heading for liquidation.

Even a place in Division One without sanctions only received the support of 20%.

livingstonjambo

To me this is turning into a massive game of poker over Rangers, the SPL and SFA are trying to hint at disaster if they are not in 1st division, the majority of SFL clubs and fans are calling the bluff either through suggesting what has it to do with them if the SPL suffers or in the fans case saying if clubs have to face up to their poor financial models for a fair game then so be it.

I think the SPL will vote no to newco tomorrow, but whether it is 1st division or 3rd division I am unsure.

Also if Rangers are really sorry for the trouble they have caused Scottish football, they should show it by removing their application for this year, remove the chaos and set up one clear path.

I agree, just hope that starting tomorrow the SPL chairmen call there bluff, followed by the SFL clubs on the 12th July. they can GTF

jamboinglasgow

Dear Chairmen who want tomorrows vote postponed, your cowards, you trying to get someone else to make your decision, grow a pair and make a decision tomorrow.

Carl Spackler

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18699838?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Right. Who is lobbying for a Yes vote then?

Celtic, Kilmarnock and Ross County are the only ones who haven't made a statement already. Ross County surely can't have any financial burdens they need SPL dough for so that leaves Celtic and Killie.

Killie are probably in genuine financial stuck but tough tits I'm afraid lads. Hearts aren't exactly debt free but they are acting on principle.

So to Celtic then. What have they to lose? Well everything, all their control. So who's pulling the strings? It's pretty obvious now isn't it?

Of course if there's any saying one thing and doing the other they need outed. If they have simply posted weasel words to appease their fans and it's backfired putting SFL chairmen in a difficult position as a result then they've made a very grave error.

...a bit disco

Graham Spiers ?@GrahamSpiers I can just about guarantee what Peter Lawwell and the Celtic boardroom want re this "Rangers punishment": Div 1 NOT Div 3.

Stating the obvious does not get you in my good books Spiers.

:down:

But at least you stated it I suppose.

The Wrinkly Ninja

Apparently:

How can the SFL vote when, at the moment, there is no vacant space in that league.

jamboinglasgow

Graham Spiers ?@GrahamSpiers I can just about guarantee what Peter Lawwell and the Celtic boardroom want re this "Rangers punishment": Div 1 NOT Div 3.

Stating the obvious does not get you in my good books Spiers.

:down:

But at least you stated it I suppose.

And yet he gets abuse from Celtic fans for daring to question their chief executive even though they have threatened any other chairmen/clubs which aren't coming out against Newco Rangers. Celtic fans hypocrites, who'da thunk it.

portobellojambo1

I agree, just hope that starting tomorrow the SPL chairmen call there bluff, followed by the SFL clubs on the 12th July. they can GTF

That would be the icing on the cake would it not. Caught cheating under tax laws introduced by William III, Prince of Orange, and being enforced by Her Majesty the Queen, then finally put out of their misery for good on 12 July.

livingstonjambo

Dear Chairmen who want tomorrows vote postponed, your cowards, you trying to get someone else to make your decision, grow a pair and make a decision tomorrow.

:thumbsup: Well said Jig

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Stuff like this can never be linked too many times:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2002/mar/28/broadcasting.clubsincrisis

30 clubs in danger, financial meltdown etc. All still playing football and having their games shown on TV.

Doncaster mellowed somewhat too:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2009/07/09/english-clubs-came-back-stronger-after-their-tv-deal-collapsed-and-scotland-can-do-the-same-says-new-spl-chief-86908-21506046/

:ermm:

Apparently some SPL chairmen now want vote tomorrow postponed to allow lower league clubs to decide Rangers' fate. U couldn't make this up! -- Mark Donaldson (@Donaldson007)

Jam Tarts 1874

I see the BBC are continuing the scaremongering with their report on "worried SPL Chairmen" having late night discussions tonight:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18699838

Why is it that none of these spineless weegia monkeys have the bottle to say who these "worried SPL Chairmen" are?

Is it because I is Celtic?

Takeshi's Tynecastle

Jim Spence ?@bbcjimspence

Neil Doncaster tells sfl that Sky, Espn and sport 5 deals at threat as contracts require RFC in spl in 2013/14 value 17.35 mill

Incredible stuff.

A bit late in the day to reply to this I know, but ignoring the fact that this information should be irrelevant to the SFL, it is a pretty disturbing threat.

It is not only saying that this (rather bizarre) contract clause means newco "must" go straight into div 1, but it is also implying that newco MUST BE PROMOTED IN THEIR FIRST SEASON.

What would happen if newco, with their paltry squad and possibly non-existent funding, fail to get promoted? Will we still have financial Armageddon? Presumably so, based on the threats made thus far.

Clearly this is why doncaster et al are trying so hard to package up play-offs along with newco to div 1. They are doing a great job of making it look like a sweet benefit to the SFL teams, when really it is an insurance policy for newco.

Grrr.

Jam Tarts 1874

Never noticed this mentioned earlier:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18696402

The PFA very angry at Green. Apparently Green wrote a letter to every club in the UK telling them to stay away from signing old Rangers' players.

Surely these kind of actions have to be taken into account when the SFA eventually (if ever) get around to making a decision on the new club and Green's suitability.

Imeantasong

And yet he gets abuse from Celtic fans for daring to question their chief executive even though they have threatened any other chairmen/clubs which aren't coming out against Newco Rangers. Celtic fans hypocrites, who'da thunk it.

Living through here and speaking to them, they just don't seem to get why their board would do that.

They still think they are a certainty to vote "No". "Why wouldn't we vote No? It would leave the league open to us for at least 3 years."

Jeez, they still think Celtic FC board would love to kill off the huns.

Trying to explain that they are in cahoots and behaving like the OF always do (did) just doesn't get through.

Neither does the fact they would win the league for at least 3 years anyway whilst Newco had to rebuild.

There's enough educated ones on the net, but they are hardly forcing Celtic's hand. They'll probably suggest were Celtic to speak out it would cause WW3 through here (it might).

Celtic will dress it up with too much power loss being demanded, with the truth being less than they insinuate. And they will convert most of their fan base into agreeing. IMHO.

Edited by Imeantasong

livingstonjambo

I see the BBC are continuing the scaremongering with their report on "worried SPL Chairmen" having late night discussions tonight:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18699838

Why is it that none of these spineless weegia monkeys have the bottle to say who these "worried SPL Chairmen" are?

Is it because I is Celtic?

I think worried owners are, MJ, Lawwell and Green, desperate stuff.

hope everyone tells them to GTF

ITV right now

The piece on STV Tonight was really good. An accurate summary of a pretty complicated day including an interview with Turnbull Hutton and a question raised about why Celtic are saying nothing.

By comparison, the only thing that BBC's Reporting Scotland covered was that the "Rangers" chairman said sorry today.

kingdannyb

"But Green has vowed to fight for transfer money and revealed he had written to every league club in the UK warning them to stay away from players exiting the Glasgow club."

The man is an utter moron.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic