The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

The Black news is hardly a surprise. Expect to see more brazen moves like this in the future, now that the corruption is being played out so publicly.

You'd have thought the second Rangers went into administration that the SFA/SPL would have been on the blower to sponsors etc getting the skinny on what they would do in the event of Rangers being binned from the league, then making plans to prepare for whatever that eventuality may be and advising clubs accordingly.

Instead it's just been months of running about flapping their hands in the air screaming like an 11 year old lassie who's lost her Justin Beiber CD.

A rare but excellent bit of humour among the general angst of the thread today. It made me giggle and I thank you for that.

Thistle say NO :thumbsup:

Partick Thistle call for SFA action on newco Rangers

Partick Thistle are calling for the Scottish Football Association to "take ownership" of the Rangers crisis.

The Jags will not support the SFA proposal that would see a newly formed Rangers join them in Division One.

However, they back other elements of the plan and want to see "a radical overhaul" of the way football is structured in Scotland.

"The driving force for change has to be our national association," said the Glasgow club in a statement.

Having gathered on Tuesday to discuss the issue, Scottish Football League clubs will meet again on 12 July when they are expected to vote on a motion to accept the newco in Division One.

But Thistle argue that SFL clubs should not shoulder the burden of finding a solution to minimise the financial impact of the liquidation of Rangers while accommodating demands for sporting justice.

Scottish Premier League chief executive Neil Doncaster has said that relaunching the Ibrox club in the Third Division is not a "viable option".

FarmerTweedy

So the whole point of this meeting is to have the vote. People have been asking how clubs will vote. Alot of clubs have come out and said how they will vote. So results are there for all to see already.

Now the SFA state there will be no vote, and want to address the clubs.

Corruption anyone.

You need to learn the difference between the SFA, the SPL and the SFL!

Partick Thistle call for SFA action on newco Rangers

Partick Thistle are calling for the Scottish Football Association to "take ownership" of the Rangers crisis.

The Jags will not support the SFA proposal that would see a newly formed Rangers join them in Division One.

However, they back other elements of the plan and want to see "a radical overhaul" of the way football is structured in Scotland.

"The driving force for change has to be our national association," said the Glasgow club in a statement.

Having gathered on Tuesday to discuss the issue, Scottish Football League clubs will meet again on 12 July when they are expected to vote on a motion to accept the newco in Division One.

But Thistle argue that SFL clubs should not shoulder the burden of finding a solution to minimise the financial impact of the liquidation of Rangers while accommodating demands for sporting justice.

Scottish Premier League chief executive Neil Doncaster has said that relaunching the Ibrox club in the Third Division is not a "viable option".

What about relaunching them in Saughton or Barlinnie! Crooks go to jail do they not!

the general

I now back Vlad on his opinion of Gary Mackay, that coming from someone who used to idolise MacKay and Robbo as a nipper.

why are you having a dig at Gary over this?

Jam Tarts 1874

You'd have thought the second Rangers went into administration that the SFA/SPL would have been on the blower to sponsors etc getting the skinny on what they would do in the event of Rangers being binned from the league, then making plans to prepare for whatever that eventuality may be and advising clubs accordingly.

Instead it's just been months of running about flapping their hands in the air screaming like an 11 year old lassie who's lost her Justin Beiber CD.

Indeed, Donacaster should have been extollig the benefits of the SPL without Rangers to the TV companies in order to thrash out a deal. Instead he has effectively said to the TV companies that the SPL is now not worth anything.

Just shocking - absolutely shocking!

I now back Vlad on his opinion of Gary Mackay, that coming from someone who used to idolise MacKay and Robbo as a nipper.

Romanov is being found to have been 100% correct on a raft of things recently - can't understand why there are people out there who still doubt him!!

Sterling Archer

Cause he's been shown to be a prize ***** on numerous occasions.

We_are_the_Hearts

He is Black and Wallaces agent.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

He is Black and Wallaces agent.

And he only has the phone number of one football club at his disposal.

the general

And he only has the phone number of one football club at his disposal.

and surely his remit is only to get the best deal for his clients?

remember we let Black go

Someone who used to post on here, for reasons of anonymity we'll call him copperc. N

o wait, that's too obvious ccrutch said something along the lines of Neil Doncaster did a big story in some paper on how the SPL could get better without TV money.

And how when he was in same position with Norwich and similar thing happened - it benefited the league.

EVERY single journalist should have this printed off, rammed in his face - and simply say 'explain'.

There can only be one reason for this meeting not being over yet, I would suggest the no camp are in the main sticking to their guns, but it does seem like the other Ugly is sticking up for it's twin sister!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

and surely his remit is only to get the best deal for his clients?

remember we let Black go

Best deal for his clients... If a skeleton football club with no SFA license, no league to play in and no history is the best he can do for his clients, then perhaps they need to get themselves an agent with a bit more of a contact portfolio.

Francis Albert

Any business these days does risk assessments. Rangers have been in financial difficulties for years. Celtic once came close to going under. Bigger clubs around world football have gone under. If Doncaster and Regan are right and the loss of Rangers from the SPL even for a few years means Armageddon for Scottish football it is a terrible indictment of how the Scottish governing bodes have run the game for years.

What if D&P had acted like proper administrators and sold off all the assets instead of giving them away for nothing? What if BDO unravels the Green deal?

But even there is no sign of any real drive to change. The whole objective seems to be keep Scottish football dependent on a perpetual duopoly (monopoly really).

jamboinglasgow

Here is a thought, do you think the news of the late night phonecall last night was leaked to the press by chairmen who wanted to vote no to newco, as they wanted the ones pushing for a postponement to face the supporter backlash and put them off postponing this vote.

Generic Username

Just like the liquidation and formation of the newco set a dangerous precedent, if Rangers get voted into the SPL/SFL1 then why can't every other club with unmanagable debt carry out the same course of action now?

Since Sevco is not an SPL club, WTF has this got to do with Doncaster ? :angry:

Francis Albert

There can only be one reason for this meeting not being over yet, I would suggest the no camp are in the main sticking to their guns, but it does seem like the other Ugly is sticking up for it's twin sister!

Yes, we can only hope the chairmen are being subjected to hours of Doncaster drivel, which might swing another few "no" votes.

Jam Tarts 1874

Yup, no other conclusion. Green, Lawell, Killie guy and Doncaster blustering all morning.

Ian Black says Sevco is the only club he has ever wanted to play for :ninja:

Thanks to Tony McKelvie on twitter :lol:

Edited by davieholt

Harry Palmer

Just like the liquidation and formation of the newco set a dangerous precedent, if Rangers get voted into the SPL/SFL1 then why can't every other club with unmanagable debt carry out the same course of action now?

Expect a swift rule change to prevent this occurring. :mellow:

...a bit disco

I suppose, for his sake, it's just as well that Black isn't on Twitter.

vegas-voss

I tell you what these statements that the SFL clubs have released have made far more sense than any SPL club.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Chris McLaughlin ?@BBCchrismclaug #SPL meeting continues here at Hampden. I can report tho, that someone just walked down the stairs whistling a ditty from Les Mis?rables.

Could be any of the following songs then:

•  
  • Empty Chairs at Empty Tables
  • Dog Eat Dog
  • On My Own
  • I Dreamed a Dream

Could also imagine one of Green / Doncaster / Lawell whistling "Master of the House" :whistling:

Pinched fae "The Hat" off twitter! :thumbsup:

I P Knightley

You need to learn the difference between the SFA, the SPL and the SFL!

This should be easy:

The SFA - they're the incompetent and corrupt ones.

The SPL - they're corrupt and incompetent

The SFL - they lack competence and suffer from corruption.

Sorted.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Apologies if posted already, but here's 'a little something which the SFA prepared earlier.....'

Leaked SFA doc

Seen that already. Point 10 is a beauty - if you get let back in you only need to stay in the Scottsh league for three years.

Expect a swift rule change to prevent this occurring. :mellow:

The problem is that for such a rule change to work in the appropriate way, the current rules will still need to apply to Sevco and Celtic ... won't they?

Brick Tamland

The spl clubs have to vote today. They have prepared to do so. I can't see any reason for them not to (other than a safety valve for Rangers benefit). If there is not a vote today Hearts and the other "NO" clubs should resign from the SPL.

The 3rd Div is a weak punishment in itself a year ban and then apply to SFL seems fair to me. Div1 is a joke. It is not right this is being left in the hands of the SFL clubs as it is not their problem.

I am saddened by the way this has been handled. Last week I really thought it was the time for exciting change to scottish football . Now I feel like it was Hearts that lost the cup final 5-1

It isn't a punishment it is a favour, the rules state they should be out and re-apply. Don't perpetuate the myth that this is a punishment it isn't this is a huge favour and bending of the rules to allow them in at this level it is 100% not a punishment.

Rick Grimes

Because the SPL reserved the right to treat every case individually &, frankly, none of the rest of us are Rangers.

Maiden Gorgie

If NewCo are allowed into the 1st, why doesn't Romanov do exactly the same with us? Nae debt - jubbly.

I tell you what these statements that the SFL clubs have released have made far more sense than any SPL club.

As did the SFL chief David Longmuir

Chris McLaughlin ?@BBCchrismclaug #SPL meeting continues here at Hampden. I can report tho, that someone just walked down the stairs whistling a ditty from Les Mis?rables.

Hmmm, wonder which one?

What Have I Done?

I Dreamed a Dream

Who Am I?

The Confrontation

Castle on a Cloud

Master of the House

The Bargain / The Th?nardier Waltz of Treachery

In fact just look here you'll find any number that fit the current situation....

Oooooft - well trumped by Mysterion :lol:

Edited by Boof

Doncaster keeps talking about clubs facing financial meltdown if newgers go to div 3.

Since the consequences of that seem to be both the leagues and SFA going out their way to help you, what's to be feared from liquidation?

Yup, no other conclusion. Green, Lawell, Killie guy and Doncaster blustering all morning.

Dodgy Doncaster should be pointing out to all the clubs that the financial loss to Scottish football will be massive if newco are not placed in the 3rd division because if his scheme to shoehorn them into either the SPL Or the SFL Division 1 works.

Then thousands of fans will "Walk away " from Scottish Football forever.

Edited by jambosrbarry

If this vote is postponed till after the SFL teams vote, as being reported on Talksport, then it shows that SPL chairman are a bunch of weak cowards.

The only reason they want to know the outcome of the SFL vote first it to determine which way they vote themselves. Ie

SFL vote them into 1st division. SPL clubs vote NO and maintain their "sporting integrity" (Sky will be happy, SPL clubs will tell their fans Rangers have been punished, Rangers will be happy)

If SFL vote NO and they want rangers in the 3rd, I bet you, the SPL clubs will vote YES! (clubs will face a backlash from fans, but in the end for them, money talks)

It's a damned disgrace if this vote is not taken today, and of course a NO to Newco is the outcome.

Hardly surprising. These clubs are used to living without money from TV or from visiting OF fans. They can actually make decisions based on sporting integrity without one eye on their bank balance. Which is, of course, why Doncaster is trying to introduce a raft of financial inducements / threats in an attempt to make it about money.

If NewCo are allowed into the 1st, why doesn't Romanov do exactly the same with us? Nae debt - jubbly.

Because his bank would lose thirty million quid?

Hagar the Horrible

BBC Scotland's Chris McLaughlin: "SPL meeting continues here at Hampden. I can report though, that someone just walked down the stairs whistling a ditty from Les Mis?rables."

Shame it was not memories from Cats

Hmmm, wonder which one?

What Have I Done?

I Dreamed a Dream

Who Am I?

The Confrontation

Castle on a Cloud

Master of the House

The Bargain / The Th?nardier Waltz of Treachery

In fact just look here you'll find any number that fit the current situation....

I just hope that it's not "Do you hear the people sing"!!!

• Maple Leaf locked this topic