The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Can you give the details of the show and approximate time?

I feel an indignant complaint about the fat git coming on; the type that gets me hot under the collar when folk who haven't observed the behaviour flood the BBC with their complaints... ;)

Traynor has lost all credibility in my eyes, I listened to whole thing just enjoying how pathetic and made up his facts were. I particularly like (hate) when he agrees with a guest and then states something that the guest should agrees with, which the guest just does not.

I think last night Turnbull stated that all money was welcome. Tranyor said something along the lines; 'I agree the SFL are due the money form the SPL as part of divorce agreement, and I agree that money is important, and I agree with you that to make this happen Rangers need to be in Division 1'. Turnbull was like,,, eh no to that last part. I have paraphrased greatly, but it's his normal tactic.

Is there a full list of the sponsors anywhere ???

Don't think so, but would imagine Clydesdale bank, sky, espn and willie hill are the big 4.

The Real Maroonblood

Did anybody hear Stuart Cosgrove on the Radio this morning apparently he was brilliant.

What did he say?

He said Doncaster should be shot. :rolleyes:

Sexton Hardcastle

Is anyone all that surprised.

Why don't they just get on with it and re admit them right now.

Hagar the Horrible

After and IF todays events go in our favour and the cheats and tax theives are thrown out, this guy needs to be next to remove:

Chris McLaughlin ?@BBCchrismclaug

Neil Doncaster admits there's a chance that no firm decision will be taken today.

Retweeted by Jonathan Sutherland

FavoritedFavorite 15m Jonathan Sutherland ?@BBCjsutherland

Neil Doncaster says there are effectively two options - Rangers in SPL with sanctions, or Rangers in second tier of Scottish football.

Jonathan Sutherland ?@BBCjsutherland

Neil Doncaster on Rangers into Div 3: "Not viable."

Jonathan Sutherland ?@BBCjsutherland

Former Celtic director Michael Kelly on 5Live said don't relegate Rangers to div 3 "This biggoted plum is just a plum"

Chris McLaughlin ?@BBCchrismclaug

Just spoken to Neil Doncaster. Seems unlikely a vote will be taken.

Bet he said it with a smug grin on his face...corrupt to the core!!

Sigh....

Geoff Kilpatrick

The mutant is representing Septic and Kilmarnock, as well as sevco.

Disgusting! :mad:

Hagar the Horrible

Doncaster says there might not be a vote,

I hope the 8 just come out and say we have voted and we say NO, now get on with promoting the SPL and do your job Neill, or leave your ID with security on your way out

Mon the Hearts

Deary me, isn't this a sorry state of affairs.

I'm still struggling to fully comprehend the sheer audacity of the footballing hierarchy in this country, there approaches and actions are nothing short of staggering. For years all non OF fans have known the sole purpose of Scottish football was for the benefit of the west coast 2 with everyone else scrabbling for the crumbs. These latest events have not only proven this but made it clear for the world to see, somewhat similar to the match fixing seen in Italy(IMO).

We are now left to frantically solution "Armageddon" which all of a sudden will see Scottish football in its entirety collapse. Natural Selection should be allowed to take place!

If Naff co 54 do not have to enter the SFL3 what are our options?

SPL - Remove relegation to ensure Naffco 54 cant be demoted? (Sanctions and current players are no guarantee of survival)

SFL1 - Hope for the best and that Naffco 54 get promoted? (Again current squad may well fall short)

No matter what league they enter there is absolutely no guarantee of SPL football on 20313/14!

Doncaster says there might not be a vote,

I hope the 8 just come out and say we have voted and we say NO, now get on with promoting the SPL and do your job Neill, or leave your ID with security on your way out

I just hope when the meeting starts the board members agree to stop the procrastination and demand a vote.

We can only be led to believe that there is no plans to expel rfc on the dual contract fronts. if scottish football needs them so much that they're goin to these lengths to jimmy them back in.

It stinks, it badword stinks. There's not a lot more you can say.

vegas-voss

The longer this shit drags on the bigger the laughing stock the game in Scotland becomes.Its the SPL that is coming over as shoddy and amatuerish while the SFL seems to be acting with common sense and dignity.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Brave Hearts

SPL and media say that TV deals will accept 1 year without hun-cheats in SPL and the 4 hatred filled sectarian games.

So self preserving solution for SPL, SFA, hun-cheats and sleazy mutton media is then a 1 league 'relegation' rather than a start at the bottom as a newco.

Does that mean that the hun-cheats are guaranteed promotion to SPL after 1 year ?

What happens if they do not win the SFL 1 ?

Will the TV deals be ripped up ?

Will SPL and SFA introduce a play off to give hun-cheats another chance ?

Will they increase the size of SPL to 14 or 16 just to let the Hun-cheats return ?

Would it even get to that as the SFA encourage referees to ensure Hun-cheats don't lose games in SFL 1 ?

So even after this new season setup is resolved and promises from governsnce bodies of integrity and transparency, we will return to the corruption that has been governing for many many years with a return to business as usual fro the hun-cheats, the officials and sleazy mutton media.

Tommy Wiseau

Pack up and go home, lads.

Even the fact that there is a vote is enough for this to be an absolute joke, let alone trying to delay a vote in order to start a second wave of bullying SPL clubs into accepting the unacceptable. It was bad enough when it was Walter Smith and Ally McCoist giving it this patter, this is the authorities in charge of the game! No wonder folk are talking about chucking it tbh.

SPL and media say that TV deals will accept 1 year without hun-cheats in SPL and the 4 hatred filled sectarian games.

So self preserving solution for SPL, SFA, hun-cheats and sleazy mutton media is then a 1 league 'relegation' rather than a start at the bottom as a newco.

Does that mean that the hun-cheats are guaranteed promotion to SPL after 1 year ?

What happens if they do not win the SFL 1 ?

Will the TV deals be ripped up ?

Will SPL and SFA introduce a play off to give hun-cheats another chance ?

Will they increase the size of SPL to 14 or 16 just to let the Hun-cheats return ?

Would it even get to that as the SFA encourage referees to ensure Hun-cheats don't lose games in SFL 1 ?

So even after this new season setup is resolved and promises from governsnce bodies of integrity and transparency, we will return to the corruption that has been governing for many many years with a return to business as usual fro the hun-cheats, the officials and sleazy mutton media.

I reckon it's a stich-up cobbled together by the SFA, Celtic, SPL (i.e. Doncaster, Killie chairman, Petrie), and what remains of Rangers. Celtic's silence speaks volumes, how easy would it have been for them to come out and please their fans by saying that they're voting no and that newco should start in the 3rd?

Time for the clubs voting 'no' to get out of the SPL, I doubt Hibs will go because of Petrie but if enough of the rest of us go and the SFL accept us we could have a 16-18 team SFL1 next season, which would be ideal.

4th August. 4 and a half weeks till the season kicks off. Take your time everyone.

My only concern is that they do take their time,,, delay abit more,,, have a meeting next week.... and then SPL come out with a statement that only chance to move on this season is for Club 12 to be replaced my newco Rangers.

And then we get the excuse that this has to happen... no other viable choice... will take to long to redo fixture lists... it is best thing for the other 41 clubs.

Tommy Wiseau

More I think about it, the more ridiculous it gets ffs :lol:

We're being told that Rangers going into SFL3 is "not viable" and they have to go in at SFL1 at the lowest. They have no right to even take a league place in the first place!

Unreal man. :lol:

Sterling Archer

1. Sporting integrity is dead. Some individual clubs may have it but the competition they play in unfortunately does not.

By putting rangers straight into the first division for commercial interests they've revealed just how rigged the whole thing is. They really might as well stop the charade and put them straight into the SPL.

2. If clubs can't survive then so be it.

3. The failure of SPL clubs to make a decision is a shambles. They want the SFL ( who have no reason to be involved) to do their dirty work. I'd quite like the SFL clubs to postpone their vote until the SPL is no longer an option for Sevco.

4. I think the only option now is to resign from the SPL and start again. Invite those who want to play by a fair set of rules and even distribution. I'd even be happy with a complete revenue sharing agreement to ensure a strong competition for all teams.

5. Contact your bookie and lump on Rangers winning the SFL1.

I really wonder whether Doncaster can actually hear what he is saying. Any other club, except Celtic, would have been down to Div 3 weeks ago. What he is proposing for NewCo is way beyond mere special treatment - his sole intention is to try and reinvent Scottish football so that one club don't suffer any serious adverse consequences due to decades of tax fraud. He doesn't even care what the result looks like, so long as Rangers are OK.

What is this nonsense about 'not viable'? Viable or not, it's the rules. THE BLOODY RULES! The thing about rules is that they apply to everyone all the time. You can't just decide they don't apply in certain cases because you don't much care for the outcome.

Why don't you just issue a statement saying that Rangers/NewCo are above the law?

Brick Tamland

If Newco do get in and after a couple or so years they and their silent weegie sister decide that England is the place to be what happens then? Will this suddenly be good for Scottish football? Will the SFA/SPL come out and say that it will be and that what they were saying in July 2012 was just a load of made up pish? Didn't Walter Smith not say "Scottish football can survive without the old firm" when this lets move to England pish was first touted? And then didn't he say recently that Scottish football couldn't survive without Rangers? They are contradictory Wattie which is it to be?

Now is not the time for club chairmen to be fearful it is a time for them to be fearless, this is their time to be bold, a time for them to stand up and be counted, to behave with honour and integrity and to do the morally right thing for Scottish football and the supporters of the club they represent. They have a duty to society on this - stand up to bullies. They have a duty to those from football remembered at Contalmaison. They have a duty to the British tax payer. Their decision will set precedent legally and morally and the footballing world will see.

Div 3 is a huge concession and one which Newco should be grateful for, anything better than this and me and many others like me will be off.

Sickened and disgusted by what has happened so far and the window of opportunity to do the right thing is closing fast, let's hope they do the right thing.

My only concern is that they do take their time,,, delay abit more,,, have a meeting next week.... and then SPL come out with a statement that only chance to move on this season is for Club 12 to be replaced my newco Rangers.

And then we get the excuse that this has to happen... no other viable choice... will take to long to redo fixture lists... it is best thing for the other 41 clubs.

aye, I was being sarcastic man. It is more farcical than a road trip with Buster Keaton, Charlie Chaplin and the Three Stooges.

Rick Grimes

The final ridiculous battle is upon us.

10122breechoq2.jpg

A reference to my own joke a couple of weeks ago. I couldn't have imagined back then how retarded this was going to get.... :ermm:

rossthejambo

Too tired for this shit today. It's beyond belief that the people in charge actually think this is a viable option.

They keep going on about no TV deal if Rangers go down to the 3rd, well how do they know this? Have they sounded people out about it or are they just, as I suspect, scaremongering across the board?

The fact that over 3/4s of the paying fans in Scotland (not just the SPL anymore) have spoken out against this in the surveys and what have you, would in any other business be enough for a company/organisation to say enough is enough, let's do the right thing. Not in football, and most certainly not in Scotland. If this was Aberdeen/Motherwell this would have been sorted weeks ago and we'd be gearing up for a new season with them in the 3rd division (assuming they got back in). It's farcical.

Little wonder people aren't bothering to turn up anymore more are saying they'll be staying away with these cretins running the game.

They probably think that all those that have threatened to walk away will just watch it on the telly.

Jambof3tornado

Our game shouldn't revolve around the pittance we get from sky tv! And any league where 2 teams are not allowed to finish in opposite halves or get relegated isn't worth any more of my money!

The Doctor

Div 3 is the only option and it always has been.

If Doncaster gets his way and the choice is between SPL and SFL1 then I'd rather have them back in SPL, actually I couldn't give a toss because I won't be back, but why should decent, honest SFL1 sides be lumbered with that bunch of cheating scumbags? Why should they be denied promotion? Why should they have to put up with the sectarian filth and the SFA bias?

The whole debacle is disgusting. I'm just sickened by it now.

Francis Albert

I really wonder whether Doncaster can actually hear what he is saying. Any other club, except Celtic, would have been down to Div 3 weeks ago. What he is proposing for NewCo is way beyond mere special treatment - his sole intention is to try and reinvent Scottish football so that one club don't suffer any serious adverse consequences due to decades of tax fraud. He doesn't even care what the result looks like, so long as Rangers are OK.

What is this nonsense about 'not viable'? Viable or not, it's the rules. THE BLOODY RULES! The thing about rules is that they apply to everyone all the time. You can't just decide they don't apply in certain cases because you don't much care for the outcome.

Why don't you just issue a statement saying that Rangers/NewCo are above the law?

Why does no-one ask him how his investigation into dual contracts is progressing and what he thinks would be an appropriate punishment for fielding many ineligible players for over a decade?

This, by far the biggest football issue in all this, seems to have been entirely forgotten. If the prima facie case is proven, Newco cannot surely survive in the SPL even if Doncaster somehow contrives to get them in.

Div 3 is a huge concession and one which Newco should be grateful for, anything better than this and me and many others like me will be off.

This. I suspect the SPL chairmen are hoping that the fans threats to desert the game is an empty one. I am convinced that this has all gone too far now. The formal confirmation that the whole show is rigged in favour of the OF (the presidents of both the SPL and SFL are Rangers shareholders FFS !!) and the supine lack of reaction by the chairmen to the coercion and bullying will never ever be forgotten.

All future talk of league reconstructions, rule changes and other moves to 'improve the game in Scotland' will be viewed with total cynicism and contempt by the ex followers of the game.

The golf courses will be much, much busier next year.

Victor Meldrew

This current farce demonstrates that Romanov has been right all along.

The SPL and SFA's determination to parachute in a new club (for that is what it is) and ignore all their own rules is utterly shameful, and indicative of a mindset not merely that Scottish football needs the Old Firm, but rather Scottish football IS the Old Firm.

Sure, if clubs vote not to admit the New Huns times will be tough. However, I genuinely believe that Scottish football would emerge at the other side a better, more competitive league that people would want to see. In short, we would have a far better product. Clubs would probably do what we are going to have to do: rely on youth development and bring in fewer expensive foreigners. This will aid the development of the Scottish National Team and hopefully will increase the standing of the Scottish game generally. It is no coincidence that Scotland have declined since the Old Firm started spending a fortune on big name players.

If the clubs do hold their nerve, it is up to us to do our bit. Again, whilst times are hard for all of us, we need to support the clubs that stand up to the bullying of the Old Firm and Doncaster. I'll try to make it up from the South West for more games. My kids will all get strips. I'll try to contribute more. If we can all do what we are able, then we will help to soften whatever financial hit the club has to take.

However, I am far from convinced that the potential risk is as great as is suggested: given that Scotland still has the highest attendance at football per head of population in Europe, the game will remain attractive to sponsors. Indeed, the ending of a stale duopoly that has reduced the league to joke status may attract other sponsors in due course.

So please SPL clubs, hold your collective nerve and vote no to Newco. It really will be for the long-term advantage of Scottish football to do so.

However, if Rangers are admitted in any form, there should be:

(1) heavy sanctions

(2) a requirement that they meet all of Oldco's football debts

(3) an agreement with financial penalties (perhaps even secured on the club's assets) that if they leave the Scottish game to go to another league, they have to pay, say ?10m. After all, if the rules are to be bent to let them in, they must be prevented from leaving.

Edited by Victor Meldrew

They probably think that all those that have threatened to walk away will just watch it on the telly.

Where most of them propably watch the games anyway. I think the percentage of die hards who walk away will be very small.

Jam Tarts 1874

I wrote a letter to Doncaster about 3 weeks ago asking him what would happen if Sevco 5088 were in the SPL1 next season and failed to win promotion. Needless to say the ignorant mutant has not replied.

Hearts should resign from the SPL, as with the other dissenting Clubs, and apply to join the SFL - leave Celtic, Sevco, Kilmarnock, Motherwell and St Mirren to play each other 9 times a season in the Weegie Premier. Sky and the Record will love it, and it'll leave the rest of us in peace.

Harry Palmer

Tyrone Smith ?@TyroneSTV

following yesterday's SFL meeting partick say they still will not vote for a deal that would see newco rangers admitted to Div1

partick have added that it should be the SFA who take 'ownership of this unprecedented situation'

Maybe the SFL clubs will save the day. :mellow:

Edited by Arnold

Rick Grimes

Div 3 is the only option and it always has been.

If Doncaster gets his way and the choice is between SPL and SFL1 then I'd rather have them back in SPL, actually I couldn't give a toss because I won't be back, but why should decent, honest SFL1 sides be lumbered with that bunch of cheating scumbags? Why should they be denied promotion? Why should they have to put up with the sectarian filth and the SFA bias?

The whole debacle is disgusting. I'm just sickened by it now.

Its a disgrace. I agree on the choice between SPL & SFL1 too. Take the former and add a bunch of sanctions on, otherwise its pretty much scot free.

Rick Grimes

Where most of them propably watch the games anyway. I think the percentage of die hards who walk away will be very small.

And as we all know, the only important fans are the "die-hards" :rolleyes:

There's going to be untold damage done to the game if this isn't sorted out properly. A potentially terminal decline in walk-up fans & even armchair fans of anyone but Rantic.

Hearts should resign from the SPL, as with the other dissenting Clubs, and apply to join the SFL - leave Celtic, Sevco, Kilmarnock, Motherwell and St Mirren to play each other 9 times a season in the Weegie Premier. Sky and the Record will love it, and it'll leave the rest of us in peace.

:loveit:

Chad Sexington

If this comes to pass it's goodbye from me. :(

Why would any non old firm fan want to continue contributing to this farce? It's official. We are nothing but patsies. And the footballing establishment dont care if the rest of the world knows it :vrface:

An that's exactly why they think they can get away with this type of behaviour

Rick Grimes

Tyrone Smith ?@TyroneSTV

following yesterday's SFL meeting #partick say they still will not vote for a deal that would see newco rangers admitted to Div1

Maybe the SFL clubs will save the day. :mellow:

Its ridiculous though. The SFL clubs can't actually hold their vote until a league place has been vacated. If the SPL don't man up then they could refuse to handle the hot potato again.... how long is this going to ******* go on for? :angry:

Rick Grimes

Agreed. I'm scunnered with it.

Heard from reliable source that certain clubs in 1st Division are being offered SPL2 carrots and may take carrot

to benefit club if SFL vote no - is there any sporting integrity left anywhere? - we already knew there was little

integrity in the SPL and the SFL was our only hope but it looks like Doncaster/Regan are bringing their corruption

to a small town near you any time soon - they will corrupt all to save one club.

There would be appear to be only one choice for your average supporter - either leave completely or if you need a

football fix follow a non-corrupt SFL club - identities as yet to be confirmed.

hmfc_liam06

Maybe so, but there will also be a large number of those who go to games when they can (financial, work reasons etc) and ask is it worth it?

Its a disgrace. I agree on the choice between SPL & SFL1 too. Take the former and add a bunch of sanctions on, otherwise its pretty much scot free.

This might be the end game for them tho, make it look like 1st division so folks take the Spl but sanctioned route. its has to be apply for the 3rd, not even automatic entry to the 3rd. Aplly for the 3rd an take it from there

...a bit disco

Its ridiculous though. The SFL clubs can't actually hold their vote until a league place has been vacated. If the SPL don't man up then they could refuse to handle the hot potato again.... how long is this going to ******* go on for? :angry:

Farcical.

Even more so when you take in to account that the SPL chairmen want to hold off until they know what the SFL peeps are up to.

And the choice us fans are left with?

Laugh or die.

...a bit disco

This might be the end game for them tho, make it look like 1st division so folks take the Spl but sanctioned route. its has to be apply for the 3rd, not even automatic entry to the 3rd. Aplly for the 3rd an take it from there

Tragic, ain't it?

More so when you consider that the majority of Rangers/The Rangers/Sevco 666 fans want the 3rd division route too?

• Maple Leaf locked this topic