The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Hagar the Horrible

These are apparently the current sponsors http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s34

Then if they bully us into accepting a newco then is would be east to target some of the sponsors and give them bad press

Coke and Disney owned ESPN wont like to be known as the Companies that support corruption and steal money from the Troops which Americans wont like one bit at all, tarnish their name

Then again if the support the No vote then God bless tham all as true supporters of sporting integrity

JamboRossi79
1341358469[/url]' post='3019961']

Then if they bully us into accepting a newco then is would be east to target some of the sponsors and give them bad press

Coke and Disney owned ESPN wont like to be known as the Companies that support corruption and steal money from the Troops which Americans wont like one bit at all, tarnish their name

Then again if the support the No vote then God bless tham all as true supporters of sporting integrity

Somebody just needs to actually ask each of them what there position is.

That shouldn't be too hard for a journalist to do...oh wait !

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

From the St Mirren fans' meeting:

"The main sticking point is the situation with regard the SPL central sponsors. There are 14 or so of these who contribute between them around ?17m of money into the Scottish game.

The SPL has met with all of these organisations and discussed the possibility of Rangers moving to SFL 3.

Almost every partner has a clause in their contract that allows them to terminate or re-negotiate based on a scenario of either or both of the old firm clubs leaving the Scottish game. These clauses were put there in good faith as both clubs had previously indicated a wish to play in England or in a European league."

Good faith? So the SPL have entered into agreements that would burden every club left with the financial meltdown they're predicting if the OF got their way and left for England.

This is simply stunning. Is this unprecedented in sport? It's like Usain Bolt getting to start ten metres in front of everyone else. Or Rafa starting a set up.

I'm humbled by how right Romanov was and is. This is a game riddled with bias and corruption at all levels to ensure the bloated success of only two teams. And then, when they've destroyed the rest of us to such a degree that they do eventually get their wish and leave, all with the help of the regulatory bodies, the rest of us can just ram it and fight for scraps. It's almost time to throw in the towel for me.

jack D and coke

From the St Mirren fans' meeting:

"The main sticking point is the situation with regard the SPL central sponsors. There are 14 or so of these who contribute between them around ?17m of money into the Scottish game.

The SPL has met with all of these organisations and discussed the possibility of Rangers moving to SFL 3.

Almost every partner has a clause in their contract that allows them to terminate or re-negotiate based on a scenario of either or both of the old firm clubs leaving the Scottish game. These clauses were put there in good faith as both clubs had previously indicated a wish to play in England or in a European league."

Good faith? So the SPL have entered into agreements that would burden every club left with the financial meltdown they're predicting if the OF got their way and left for England.

This is simply stunning. Is this unprecedented in sport? It's like Usain Bolt getting to start ten metres in front of everyone else. Or Rafa starting a set up.

I'm humbled by how right Romanov was and is. This is a game riddled with bias and corruption at all levels to ensure the bloated success of only two teams. And then, when they've destroyed the rest of us to such a degree that they do eventually get their wish and leave, all with the help of the regulatory bodies, the rest of us can just ram it and fight for scraps. It's almost time to throw in the towel for me.

I'm in the same place. I'm honestly spewing with the things I'm reading. I can't continue to put money towards this shit. I'm really at breaking point.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Did the SPL clubs have to agree with these contracts?

brunoatemyhamster

These are apparently the current sponsors http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s34

That must bee an old list. Have clydesdale bank renewed their deal? If not theres 8m right away lost that has nothing to do with the newco situation.

"Clydesdale Bank began their sponsorship of the Scottish Premier League on 1st June 2007, in a four-year deal worth ?8m."

That deal ran out last year. :huh:

Edit. Just checked the SPL Site and it really is a current link. And i notice they updated their Pre-season fixture list AGAIN today,Rangers are still due at Southampton? REALLY? :angry:

Joke.From top to bottom, a Joke! Its like Evangelism,Only less believable now! :down:sp_0411_10_m4.jpg?width=200

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

The report quotes chairman Stewart Gilmour as sying the right of SPL sponsors (and Sky presumably) to reduce or end their agreements was a direct consquence of the Old Firm constantly aiming scheming and conspiring to leave Scottish football and move to the English leagues.

It sickens me to see how this is now being used to blakmail the rest of scottish football into dancing to their tune. :angry:

jack D and coke

The report quotes chairman Stewart Gilmour as sying the right of SPL sponsors (and Sky presumably) to reduce or end their agreements was a direct consquence of the Old Firm constantly aiming scheming and conspiring to leave Scottish football and move to the English leagues.

It sickens me to see how this is now being used to blakmail the rest of scottish football into dancing to their tune. :angry:

If they can't see that they're signing the death warrant of the game here then I'm actually glad it's going to be over soon. I'm sick of this shite. The sooner it's dead the better.

Arthur Morgan

If they can't see that they're signing the death warrant of the game here then I'm actually glad it's going to be over soon. I'm sick of this shite. The sooner it's dead the better.

This.

The whole thing has become a joke. It will always be like this and is beyond repair imo.

Edited by Gregg Wallace

Thing is, it's the fans who are up in arms over this. From every single club right through to the other half of the duopoly! As has rightly been pointed out earlier and no doubt previously throughout this thread, how many Scottish Sky subscribers purchased it for the sport?

I think should it transpire that Sky has been themain factor in the newco being parachuted into anything other than div 3 then they riska major backlash!

My sky sports channels will be getting punted if newhuns end up in a higher league then the 3rd division.

Denny Crane

There is no doubt about it, he is right

Remembering back to before the SPL's eventual establishment. Of those clubs wanting it came two owners who would blow the new-fangled league's trumpet. One was David Murray..... the other was Chris Robinson.

Should we be surprised at how low their ******* love child has sunk given the parents?

Well, presumably the league and the clubs knew the clause was there. If TTFKAR had fecked off to the Premiership, Atlantic League or whatever the clubs left behind would have no option but to get in with it. What's the difference now? It's not like liquidation was a shock to most sane people given the size of their debt and main creditor.

Green?s escape bid fails

SunSport yesterday revealed Gers chief Green had offered a stunning trade-off to stay in the SPL. It included a cut in Old Firm cash, a points deduction and accepting a transfer embargo.

Gers chairman Malcolm Murray even made a public apology for the club?s past misdemeanours yesterday. But rival clubs have NOT been persuaded to make a U-turn in today?s Hampden crisis summit.

Motherwell last night became the EIGHTH club to say they will vote against a Gers newco.

They passed the decision on to shareholders and Well Society members ? with 82 per cent voting to block Gers from entering the top flight.

They?ll join Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts, St Johnstone, St Mirren, Dundee United and Inverness in voting No.

It is understood a group of chairmen, led by Kilmarnock?s Michael Johnston, were desperate to forge a compromise.

They realise there could be dire financial consequences if they KO Gers and the SFL then boot them into Division Three.

Aberdeen yesterday insisted they wouldn?t change their vote.

A spokesman said: ?We have made our position crystal-clear and won?t be changing.?

St Johnstone and Hearts echoed those sentiments. A Saints statement read: ?The position remains as per the earlier statement.?

A Jambos source told SunSport: ?Mr Romanov has made Hearts? position very clear on this matter.?

A planned meeting of 11 SPL clubs ? without Gers ? was called off last night after some refused to attend.

All 12 will meet today although it?s NOT certain they will make a final decision and could even defer a vote until later this month.

But Gers seem doomed to life in the lower leagues.

It?s understood SFA top brass would be uncomfortable with them being admitted to the SPL with no ? or minor ? sanctions.

They are monitoring today?s decision before deciding on Green?s plea for membership.

if the bold is true then i`m happy

brunoatemyhamster

armaged-HUN!

Tabloid wars start. Record say six clubs to go bust, Sun say eight, yet neither can name them or give concise breakdowns as to how and why they will go out of business.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/4409773/SPL-Armageddon.html

Just another day in the merry old land of the Weegie propaganda machine.

I'd settle for someone writing down a financial breakdown of ANY sort on the back of a fag packet at this point.

They didn't even mention SEVCO as one of the six or eight? :whistling: They're a CERT to be one! So does that make it seven or nine then? :mellow: :mellow:

Wonder if the DR will take that back if it goes pear shaped? OH that's why they can't mention names ! If it a lie,then it would be libellous right? :lol:

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

Denny Crane

armaged-HUN!

Just another day in the merry old land of the Weegie propaganda machine.

I'd settle for someone writing down a financial breakdown of ANY sort on the back of a fag packet at this point.

They didn't even mention SEVCO as one of the six or eight? :whistling: They're a CERT to be one! So does that make it seven or nine then? :mellow: :mellow:

Wonder if the DR will take that back if it goes pear shaped? OH that's why they can't mention names ! If it a lie,then it would be libellous right? :lol:

Cue the Record racing to ensure their final edition tops the Sun by saying nine will go bust. (and so on....)

Cue the Record racing to ensure their final edition tops the Sun by saying nine will go bust. (and so on....)

We could have a sweep. I'm going for 14.

ToadKiller Dog

What's the bet two of the sponsors looking to withdraw there support from clubs are the ****** and the Scum themselves .

Denny Crane

What's the bet two of the sponsors looking to withdraw there support from clubs are the ****** and the Scum themselves .

They probably couldn't afford to do so because if Rangers either go to Division Three or are consigned to oblivion, as Old Firm fans make up a huge part of their respective readerships, they fear the blue half may not buy their papers if there is nothing to report on.

I am not sure how to deal with today.. Do I:

1) Stay away from the internet until tomorrow morning knowing that by then we should at least have an answer and i can go back and check what went on through the day.

2) Keep checking the net and building up massive seethe with the lies and half truths spouted throughout the day by Rangers apologists before seethe levels return to normal with a bit of celebration at the end of the SPL meeting and announcement..

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Still raging and ranting. If Rangers get away with this any Hearts fan who ever again watches an Old Firm game on TV needs to have a long hard at look at themselves IMO.

Edited by Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Easy then. Those would be the targets for a direct action campaign: email + boycott of product + coordinated internet campaign to publicise their support for bent sporting competitions. Strictly nothing illegal for maximum effect (ok maybe a bit of truth bending and exaggeration - but not on anything like the same scale we've had to endure from the media, SPL and SFA)

If only someone gave a shit anymore. Maybe some of the top posters on this thread might want to fill their spare time once the rioters are back in the SPL debt free & unpunished and the thread itself has finally slipped of the front page (in about a months time - once we've had time to digest being shafted).

Edited by Grumpy

ToadKiller Dog

The Clydsdsle bank deal is coming to an end soon anyway .

Apart from Sky/Espn looking to cut back which is a cheak looking at want somebody pointed out earlier the money they make from 600,000 plus scots subscribers .

I don't see a reason for others pulling out Coca Cola would go against there support for football at grassroots statement , I prefer Pepsi anyway . The Beeb have a duty to cover national sport .

I don't see how rangers not being in the SPL would harm EA sports or Wullie Hills .

Clear to me it's certain elements in the game trying to spook people .

alwaysthereinspirit

How many teams are in this "group" with Kilmarnock that are trying to broker a compromise?

Eight teams have said no, Newco makes nine, Ross County makes ten, Kilmarnock makes eleven. Who's left?

Edited by alwaysthereinspirit

shaun.lawson

How many teams are in this "group" with Kilmarnock that are trying to broker a compromise?

Eight teams have said no, Newco makes nine, Ross County makes ten, Kilmarnock makes eleven. Who's left?

Rhetorical question, I assume?

This really is staggering, jawdroppingly revolting stuff. And you can count me among the group who'd be quite cheerful if Vlad pulled Hearts out of this Banana Republic of a set-up if the threats, lies, bullying and blackmail have their intended effect. Anything else would be to condone the most institutionally corrupt state of affairs in any association in football outside of Don Corleone's International House of Gangsters in Zurich.

No other association football league anywhere on this planet runs itself like a closed shop, North American style franchise - but the SPL apparently does. The same SPL whose loathsome greed has played such a massive part in the ruin of Scottish football - and the Scotland national team - ever since its shameful inception. Down the cul-de-sac marked financial disaster have headed all its clubs ever since; and that something would have to give has been abundantly clear for many years now. D-Day can't keep being put off forever.

Disband this disgusting league, give Doncaster, Longmuir and Regan their long overdue jotters, give the game back to the grassroots and the fans, and sort this ******* mess out once and for all. Any other 'solution' is to defend the indefensible. :yucky:

Edited by shaun.lawson

vegas-voss
<br />From the St Mirren fans' meeting:<br />

<br />

"<i>The main sticking point is the situation with regard the SPL central sponsors. There are 14 or so of these who contribute between them around ?17m of money into the Scottish game.<br />

<br />

The SPL has met with all of these organisations and discussed the possibility of Rangers moving to SFL 3. <br />

<br />

Almost every partner has a clause in their contract that allows them to terminate or re-negotiate based on a scenario of either or both of the old firm clubs leaving the Scottish game. These clauses were put there in good faith as both clubs had previously indicated a wish to play in England or in a European league.</i>"<br />

<br />

Good faith? So the SPL have entered into agreements that would burden every club left with the financial meltdown they're predicting if the OF got their way and left for England.<br />

<br />

This is simply stunning. Is this unprecedented in sport? It's like Usain Bolt getting to start ten metres in front of everyone else. Or Rafa starting a set up.<br />

<br />

I'm humbled by how right Romanov was and is. This is a game riddled with bias and corruption at all levels to ensure the bloated success of only two teams. And then, when they've destroyed the rest of us to such a degree that they do eventually get their wish and leave, all with the help of the regulatory bodies, the rest of us can just ram it and fight for scraps. It's almost time to throw in the towel for me.<br />

<br /><br /><br />

They are not leaving the Scottish game though they are being asked to apply to SFL3.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

If money overrides true sporting competition, why doesn't every club just sell all assets and fold, and the government impose an old firm tax to fund both of these untouchable institutions. They could then play each otherwise 30 times a year to decide the title. Sky would be happy, and the rest of us saved a lot of hassle.

To make it interesting, perhaps a Third Lanark newco could be formed and parachuted into the new Super-SPL. TV deals could preclude them finishing in the top two, however, just to maintain the natural order, which is, of course, best for everyone.

Francis Albert

Good find Arnold, and very interesting. For better or worse, it's good to see one club's precise financial situation regarding this outlined.

The immediate headline is that St Mirren seem happy to vote No to Newco re-entering the SPL. However if they go down to the 3rd some of the SPL's sponsors will walk (and some will stay, and some are unsure). St Mirren say this will at best force them to release everyone who isn't under contract, at worse put them into admin, and they say five other clubs are in the same boat. Reluctantly, they'd be contact to see an SPL1 and Rangers in it.

What we already suspected about many clubs, but good to see it down in black and white.

But it's not precise nor the full picture at all. Just to make one point, the scenario where Rangers remain in the SPL is said to have no financial impact on St Mirren. You have to ask compared to what? If Rangers are no longer in the SPL the clubs other than Celtic will be free to vote through changes to the distribution of prize/sponsorship money and voting rights which would permanently remove the current lop-sided distribution in favour of the OF. In comparing a "with Rangers/without Rangers" that is surely a major part of the sum, which seems to have been ignored.

If there is ever a smeltic v renagers game other than a charity fund raiser I will be found at Princes Street gardens having a silent protest if anyone would like to join me the more the quieter. Mock if you will but big protests start from small gestures.

john brownlee

If the NO vote goes through do these teams form a breakaway league with the backing of spl and invite teams from the lower league that have supported newco, they probabaly know who by now and call it the new SPL 1 leavin the rebels(sic) in the wilderness, because if the GFA is all about keeping the auld firm intack for the tv thats their solution maybe.

In this whole stinking mess I see that from day one they have been planning some sort of escape route. From switching the desion from the SPL to the clubs ,scuppered by the fans, dungcasters statment scuppered by the fans, and the downright lies by the weegi, scuppered by the fans. now the common facter here is fan power but as we know as far as the SPL are concerned we don't count. As proved that every time the fans voice and show action the SPL GFA change tact. This will continue until the FINAL SOLUTION( as coined by another well known hun)has been acheived I still say as from day one the huns rankers newco or whatever they are called will be in the SPL, This is the way of a corrup game and nothing has changed if anything over the past few days all its done imo is reinforce how much of a corrup society we live in and again Mr Romanov is right and I hope he keeps up the challenge

My sky sports channels will be getting punted if newhuns end up in a higher league then the 3rd division.

What a martyr, Sky will really suffer the fans wrath :thumbsup:

Is there any mechanism for gettin your Doncasters and Regans charged with bringing the game into disrepute. **** me if there no knee deep in dain that.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Still raging and ranting. If Rangers get away with this any Hearts fan who ever again watches an Old Firm game on TV needs to have a long hard at look at themselves IMO.

Agreed. I watched 15 minutes of the last two for pisstakes and seethe rather than the football on offer. However, I can safely say that my viewing will be solely limited to HMFC only, who at least have done the right thing and told them to GTF.

As for Septic, I hope their "defenders" on RTC blog know how much Liewell will shaft them.

Geoff Kilpatrick

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/04/rangers-first-third-division-scottish-league

You reckon this one man protester has a job or taken a holiday? :rolleyes:

A Rangers fan waits in vain for a decision outside the Scottish Football League's seven-hour meeting at Hampden Park

Is Tuesday not Giro day as well?

(Reminds of the ATB cartoon A Day In The Life of a Gun where the first speech bubble was "Erra Giro. No Surrender!")

The Huns are doomed. Stay calm. If the Scottish football authorities - foxtrot uniform charlie kilo - this up, then UEFA will step in with the Panzer tanks.

The biggest laugh about Scottish football will lose 15 million next season, is that by the BBCs conservative standards, the Huns have embezzled 136 million. You just have to smile at that equation.

Anyway, if the Huns needed to launder 136 million to stay on top, they are never going to regain any semblance of that cash inflow for years and years.

The Huns are doomed. Justice will be done. Stay calm and be patient. Every single day that passes makes their situation more impossible. They have had 5 months to sort this out and draw a line in the sand.

Is Tuesday not Giro day as well?

(Reminds of the ATB cartoon A Day In The Life of a Gun where the first speech bubble was "Erra Giro. No Surrender!")

LOL - just wonder what he said to the husband/wife when he went to his one man protest 'Aw right doll just nipping out tae sort thae bams oot - we dont do walking awwwwaayyyy' ;)

IMA MAROON

so let me get this straight, Newco Rangers put an application into the SPL to take over oldco Rangers membership. The vote for that happens tomorrow. The SFL have been asked to vote on whether they will take Newco Rangers into the first division even though Newco Rangers have put no application into the SFL to join them. The vote for the SFL happens a week on Thursday (12th.) But now the SPL are thinking of postponing their vote till after the SFL vote (if you persume they need a few days to contemplate on the SFL vote results lets say they meet on the Wednesday 18th July (or two and a half weeks before the start of the SPL season.) So what is to stop the SFL deciding that they need to know if Rangers are in the SPL or not first so postpone their EGM till after the SPL have their vote - this could mean time runs out to vote them in and the absurd sight of the SPL starting with 11 teams or one of the other leagues starting with 9.

Not just the SPL, all leagues will have probelms as the SPL. If it comes down to this then the start of the season will have to be postponed until this is sorted out.

Okay lets put up a little "To Do List" to sort out this mess!

1. Assuming SPL clubs vote Newco out, that leaves a place in SPL.

2. That place needs to be filled, Dundee or Dunfermline - take up vacant place.

3. That leaves place in SFL Div 1 - how is that filled, the SFL rules suggest clubs move up to fill vacant place.

4. Creating a place in SFL Div 3. How is that filled, must be a SFA member club, SFA rules give "strict criteria".

5. Applications invited by SFA to fill vacant place, Newco do not meet financial criteria.

Newco DOOMED!

Heading into Rome today.

I'm praying that I turn my phone on later in the Eternal City to learn that Rangers are dead.

Feels kinda poetic.

Raith guy Hutton says it as it should be - good for him!

If 6 SPL club are on the brink then those clubs should not be voting to kick newco out of the SPL.

I dont see why the SFL should worry about the 6 SPL clubs if they have already made their choice on the newco.

Saying on TalkSport this morning that some SPL chairmen were having a conference call last night to try and postpone today's vote.

Edited by Gambo

Turnbull Hutton, from Scrap the dead parrot :

?In essence, the SPL is like a dead parrot,? said Hutton. ?It?s financially unsustainable. So it?s hardly up to the First Division to sustain that. There could maybe be a recognition from the top that accepts the SPL is dead, so let?s wind it up. It hasn?t worked for the past 14 years, it has been a failure. It?s all gone belly-up.

?Let?s start again and I?m sure the SFL would welcome applications from some of the teams who are currently in the SPL to join an organisation that is based on sporting integrity.

I agree, we should all go back to the SFL, Celtic can stay in the SPL on their own if they like. The SPL has been good for Celtic and Rangers but disastrous for the rest of Scottish football.

Doncaster on Radio 4's today programme saying that not allowing newco into the SPL would punish the other forty one clubs. "Why should all 41 clubs suffer because of the actions of one club." An astonishing argument from a desperate man. He will have to resign when the clubs vote no.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Donkey just been on R4 today programme.

It's all about "protecting the 41 innocent clubs" letting Sevco back into SPL or SFL1. This phrase was repeated three or four times in a three minute interview.

Donkey even has an annoying voice (didnt realise he was English), he sounds like a dodgy life insurance salesman, selling thru creating a fear in customers.

He really has to go

• Maple Leaf locked this topic