The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

GuitarJambo

This is the thing have i just bought a season ticket to watch a SPORT, not a series of show games just for the benfefit of the Old Firm, as we just some kind of poor support act, because I bought a ticket for the main show

when vlad called it show business he wasnt joking.

And as we all know, the only important fans are the "die-hards" :rolleyes:

There's going to be untold damage done to the game if this isn't sorted out properly. A potentially terminal decline in walk-up fans & even armchair fans of anyone but Rantic.

Die-hards will be hit at all clubs.

Personally I don't think its going too badly at all ..

Its like a bad western where the against-type tyrant (I think Fonda in Once Upon a Time In the West) lies on the ground mortally wounded, surrounded by his bullied, treacherous gang of subservients after a stand off - they're passing a gun between themselves whispering nervously 'you do it! No. you do it!"

None of the subservient will do anything because of fear and will eventually walk away leaving the twitching corpse to die in the sun at the mercy of the vultures.

Old Rangers are dead and Sevco 5088 will find no league to enter. The sands of time are running out.

Todays non vote will entrench my view.

Guest Dipped Flake

For those that have purchased STs, will this be your last? A lot of clubs have said the issue is how long they've had to prepare and that it's come out of nowhere.

With that in mind, if you decide this will be your last will you be letting the club know in advance?

If newco get to go into the SPL or SFL1 then this will be my last season tickets (got 2 of them). I'll be emailing the club to let them know why and then that will be me finished with football, both my team and my country. If Hearts resigned from the SPL and applied to join the SFL I would go and watch them though

Victor Meldrew

The trouble is that it's the SPL that has a gap. We're going to have a situation where the newco Huns get into the top league by default 'because' as slimy face Doncaster will say, 'there is no other option and it's what's best for Scottish football.'

I don't agree - they'll just invite Dundee / Dunfermline who will jump at the chance.

I P Knightley

They keep saying that putting Rangers in at the bottom will wreak havoc on 41 innocent clubs, but shoehorning them back in is going to wreak even more havoc when there's even more pitiful attendances at games.

What's clear from the last couple of weeks is that they don't give more than a flying hoohah about any clubs outside the big two.

They're a money making machine and RFC & CFC have been laying golden eggs for them for the last 25 years and it doesn't matter a jot whether they've done so by fair means or foul.

It is absolutely disgusting and a disgrace that it is tolerated (and even encouraged) by the Scottish establishment.

I sense that there will be an enormous Vlad hissy fit following the next stitch up and he, or Hearts, will be sanctioned tout suite.

Repeating myself but i'm flagging in the top10 posters on this thread...

I'll be cancelling Sky when my contract ends and will not attend certain away grounds like Rugby Park.

The clubs that are voting for Rangers to be in the SPL or Div1 deserve to go bust quite frankly.

Hagar the Horrible

I'll be cancelling Sky when my contract ends and will not attend certain away grounds like Rugby Park.

The clubs that are voting for Rangers to be in the SPL or Div1 deserve to go bust quite frankly.

So was this post just to keep your crime count up?

The correct phrase is the love of money is the root of all evil, sorry but after the damp squid fiasco, it need to be right:-)

:thumb:

Pistol1874

The biggest farce in this while affair us the lack of any concrete figures...

All clubs and fans need to know...

1. When does the current sky and espn deal run out?

2. Can they walk from currant deal if they don't get their for old firm games a season?

3. How much is the current TV deal worth to all 42 teams pet season and what is its percentage of their annual turnover (broken down to each club).

4. What TV contract would be on offer for the SPL clubs should rangers not be in the SPL? Preliminary talks must have taken place and I cannot conceive that there would be no TV deal on the table?

Clarity on point 2;

Almost incredibly, all 3 TV deals; Sky, ESPN and Sports 5 have a clause in them allowing the company concerned to walk away from the SPL entirely, with no penalty, if both Rangers and Celtic are not in the SPL.

This was confirmed at the meeting yesterday.

I suspect the incompetence involved in allowing such a contract to be signed is why a certain individual is desperate to come up with a solution which is acceptable to the 3 TV companies and which, if delivered, will mean they do not invoke the clause.

Self-preservation.

Hagar the Horrible

Shocking way to

Hagar the Horrible

Act:-)

Walter Bishop

As someone who has purchased a season ticket for next season would we be entitled to a refund if Rangers are allowed back into SPL?

Rick Grimes

For those that have purchased STs, will this be your last? A lot of clubs have said the issue is how long they've had to prepare and that it's come out of nowhere.

With that in mind, if you decide this will be your last will you be letting the club know in advance?

yes & yes.

:(

We_are_the_Hearts

Think we need to be keep patient. No way Newco and their apologisers were going to bend over and take it without some sort of resistance. I have seen no backtrack from the people that matter so far. Only media propoganda. Keep the faith....Doncaster and Regan have made their bed so hopefully won't be around too much longer....

If they adjourn the vote today, I can see the SFL doing the same next week.

Edited by Lovecraft

givememychoice

I was a season ticket holder for about 10 years. Gave up before the start of last season due to viewing the game as fixed around the OF.

Sadly the more the past 12 months have gone on the more i have been proved correct. I will NEVER pay to watch an SPL game again.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

So if the money from SPL corporate sponsors is the difference between survival and death for clubs, the establishment really don't give a shit about Dundee and Dunfermline, eh? Four weeks until the season starts and they're going to need to wait even longer.

jambovambo

Clarity on point 2;

Almost incredibly, all 3 TV deals; Sky, ESPN and Sports 5 have a clause in them allowing the company concerned to walk away from the SPL entirely, with no penalty, if both Rangers and Celtic are not in the SPL.

I suspect the incompetence involved in allowing such a contract to be signed is why a certain individual is desperate to come up with a solution which is acceptable to the 3 TV companies and which, if delivered, will mean they do not invoke the clause.

Self-preservation.

By whom ? Doncaster ? Would you trust him ?

Auldreekie1874

I don't agree - they'll just invite Dundee / Dunfermline who will jump at the chance.

And whoever doesn't get the invite will appeal. More court cases, more time that we just dont have.

Like others have said, I'm beginning to wonder if this is the plan now.

No time left, no other option. Season starts with newco or doesn't start at all.

This needs sorted quickly before Doncaster gets a chance to make that statement.

Brave Hearts

So dungcaster, regain, gangreen, laidwell and sleazy mutton media are saying that the TV money that the majority goes to old firm-cheats and SFA for national team and the armchair viewers is more important than the punters who actually turn up at the games !!!

Cancel TV subscriptions and boycott games that are televised live to show empty stadiums.

As a season ticket holder I have already given my money to Hearts so impact is my non appearance at live TV games. Club can sell my seat if they want.

What happens if TRFC are voted into SFL1 but fail to win the league or gain promotion through playoffs? 16 team league next time anyone?

As some have mentioned before, if there is no TRFC in the SPL this season, we need to (and I mean fans of all clubs) sell out against whoever replaces them to show that the cheats aren't needed.

Absolutely raging at this, and as a ST holder of 25+ years, this season will be my last if TRFC get away with it.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Then what though... Surely not enough time left for completing a newco move to any league? :ermm:

jamboinglasgow

Yup and before we know it, it is the first game of the season and the matter has still not been sorted out.

jambovambo

1.(of a person) Becoming tired, weaker, or less enthusiastic

or

3.Drawn attention to ?

Both, I'd wager.

Pistol1874

By whom ? Doncaster ? Would you trust him ?

Yes and for the reason I have given, yes.

Edited by Pistol1874

bobskeldon

As someone who has purchased a season ticket for next season would we be entitled to a refund if Rangers are allowed back into SPL?

I have just emailed the club asking this question?

Alwaysinourshadows

I have been told that clubs are changing there votes today in favour of the newco, if so then scottish football will be in a bigger crisis than what it is in now.

Hagar the Horrible

Think i might become an egg chaser

or go and Watch Man Utd or Liverpool or somebody, its only a 4 hour drive to watch a better product, would not go every week but a season ticket sharing option with others would be good.

But would be happy for the game in this country just to die, as it would be no better than the wrestling.

Would you go and watch Hussain Bolt running if he haad a 20m start on everybody else just because he was getting a bit slower?

Geoff Kilpatrick

So if the money from SPL corporate sponsors is the difference between survival and death for clubs, the establishment really don't give a shit about Dundee and Dunfermline, eh? Four weeks until the season starts and they're going to need to wait even longer.

Funny how all these clubs survive outside the SPL as things stand, isn't it?

it was a stitch up from the start. all the clubs got to release their "we'll vote no statements" last week to get season ticket money in and now it's safely in the bank they can go back to ignoring us.

they're making it surprisingly easy for me to start supporting carlisle or bristol rovers.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Funny how all these clubs survive outside the SPL as things stand, isn't it?

It sure is. To borrow a word from Doncaster, they are somehow, eh, viable.

I P Knightley

Clarity on point 2;

Self-preservation.

It's been mentioned that these clauses were insisted upon by the telly companies to cover their arses should Celtic or Rangers manage to get themselves established in the English or other European leagues.

Fully understandable from the TV companies' perspective; with all the belly rumbling going on about how the OF need a bigger stage to perform on etc.

But, at the same time, completely illustrative of our football authorities' meek subservience to the OF clubs. Should have included harsh get-out penalties for any club wishing to leave the set up; sufficient to more than cover the TV contracts.

Brave Hearts

Clarity on point 2;

Self-preservation.

Yeah and reason all 3 TV deals have clause to walk away if old firm-cheats not in SPL is because of their desire to leave Scottish football !!

And the old firm-cheats desire to leave scottish football will continue irrespective of what happens now.

Then what though... Surely not enough time left for completing a newco move to any league? :ermm:

Then they will probably just delay the vote again, and delay the start of the season.

jambovambo

I have just emailed the club asking this question?

I might just do the same.

Right now.

A few inconsequential points in the grand scheme of things -

Will Sky really be that fussed about no Rangers. Whilst the first Old Firm derby after this nonsense is likely to highly viewed due to morbid curiosity, we're seriously looking at a Division 1 standard Rangers team who'll likely be 20 to 30 points behind Celtic in the table. I can't imagine it'll be much of a draw to anyone except Old Firm fans and certainly not down south.

Rangers fans seem adamant they wish to rejoin in the third. Not for any sense of honour but because they want to see the rest of Scottish football supposedly suffer without the sponsorship they bring. Any attempt to join them higher than the third is likely to lead to boycotts by the Rangers away support anyway. Combine this with disillusionment amongst our own fans and the sponsorship money potentially lost will be nothing but a drop in the ocean.

How much are Sky really going to renegotiate down the TV deal. Ignoring the subjective matter that they'll piss off a whole bunch of their subscribers, they already pay reasonably substantial figures for sports which attract similar or less viewers than Scottish football. There should also be huge pressure put on the BBC to bid and drive up any Sky Scottish football renegotiation package. It's the national sport of the country after all and as a publicly funded broadcaster the surely have an obligation to enter the negotiations if the sum is deemed suitable.

John Montgomery

And they would be right to. As has been said they would have nothing to vote on.

The clause in the contracts was designed to protect the TV companies if Rangers/Celtic got their wish to leave the Scottish league and push off to England/atlantic league etc.

this is not that situation, so the TV companies need to make clear their intentions, immediately.

Rick Grimes

I have been told that clubs are changing there votes today in favour of the newco, if so then scottish football will be in a bigger crisis than what it is in now.

Absolutely. They've crystalised people's views on this already. I'm becoming more & more furious by the second today.

Fermit the Krog

If this vote doesn't happen today newhuns wont be playing anywhere.

It'll be a year out then league reconstruction will see them enter the 2nd tier next year.

I P Knightley

:D

An endless game of 'you show me yours and I'll show you mine; no you first; you first....'

Or those young lover phone calls: "Bye then; Bye; you hang up; no, you hang up first..."

(for what it's worth, I was never afraid to show mine first.)

Sterling Archer

it was a stitch up from the start. all the clubs got to release their "we'll vote no statements" last week to get season ticket money in and now it's safely in the bank they can go back to ignoring us.

they're making it surprisingly easy for me to start supporting carlisle or bristol rovers.

Unfortunately this seems to be what's happened (although probably not in hearts case)

bobskeldon

A few inconsequential points in the grand scheme of things -

Will Sky really be that fussed about no Rangers. Whilst the first Old Firm derby after this nonsense is likely to highly viewed due to morbid curiosity, we're seriously looking at a Division 1 standard Rangers team who'll likely be 20 to 30 points behind Celtic in the table. I can't imagine it'll be much of a draw to anyone except Old Firm fans and certainly not down south.

Rangers fans seem adamant they wish to rejoin in the third. Not for any sense of honour but because they want to see the rest of Scottish football supposedly suffer without the sponsorship they bring. Any attempt to join them higher than the third is likely to lead to boycotts by the Rangers away support anyway. Combine this with disillusionment amongst our own fans and the sponsorship money potentially lost will be nothing but a drop in the ocean.

How much are Sky really going to renegotiate down the TV deal. Ignoring the subjective matter that they'll piss off a whole bunch of their subscribers, they already pay reasonably substantial figures for sports which attract similar or less viewers than Scottish football. There should also be huge pressure put on the BBC to bid and drive up any Sky Scottish football renegotiation package. It's the national sport of the country after all and as a publicly funded broadcaster the surely have an obligation to enter the negotiations if the sum is deemed suitable.

Is the question DO Sky want to be seen as the company who (by their action) rigged a sporting competition? I think the answer would unfortunately be YES!

Hagar the Horrible

Sky have a schedule to fill just as much as the SPL need their money, A summer league would be a licence to print money for the SPL and Rangers would never be needed again.

If Sky did pull out, then clubs would have to cut their cloth acordingly and rely on the paying punters through the door, the same people who they are trying to naff off!!!

And we would be able to go to games at 3pm on a Saturday

tartofmidlothian

Must admit, it's only Vlad's statement keeping me solidly behind my club at the moment.

If I was a Killie fan I'd be seriously disillusioned and ready to jack it.

Harry Palmer

How long does it take to say "we're no' having a vote the day and we're leaving it to the SFL because we're a bunch of jessies."

Kind of like having to decide on climate treaties, where every word needs to be debated.

It's all rather sad and predictable.

Ecce Romanov

Anyone else see a delayed start to the season being more and more likely? At this rate, we'll be lucky to have any football next season!

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Hibs will be changing there vote

Where are you hearing this?

• Maple Leaf locked this topic