The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

If the SFL vote against Rangers then the SPL will backtrack and vote them in. That is the way it looks to me.

The appellate tribunal is the trick card and will suspend Rangers. I believe.

I think there is a very good chance that SPL clubs will vote to adjourn tomorrow but for a variety of reasons.

Some like Celtic just want to keep postponing this so they don't have to make a decision in public.

For some like Motherwell and Kilmarnock they will be happy to vote against newco Rangers joining the SPL next week as long as the SFL has allowed them in to the 1st Division, safe in the knowledge that they will be back in the SPL the following year.

For others like Hearts, Hibs, Dundee United and Aberdeen who want to see newco Rangers in the 3rd Division, they might want to delay voting on their SPL application until they know how the result of the SFL vote. For these clubs the dilemma may be whether a newco Rangers with next to no sanctions playing in the 1st Division next season is better or worse than having a newco Rangers with much more serious sanctions playing in the SPL.

Rudolf's Mate

#

It's on his blog - story about how many people involved with (other) clubs or football govrnance in Scottish football have shares in RFC RIP.

CO = 5000 in RFC.

Chairman at Airdrie has 500. Yeah , that Airdire. The one that isn't taking part in the vote.

Findlay has 10,000. He refused to speak to C4 and a club spokesperson said "say what you like".

If this broke last year it would be quite a story however due to everything else going on it's pretty much small potatoes :down:

craig beattie's mask is slipping. definite record reader.

I am very surprised by Craig Beattie over the last 3 hours.

On twitter it looks like he wants a row with every Hearts fan.

And only his opinion is worth hearing.

He has went from chalk to cheese.

It was the club who have let him down.

Not the fans who have given him legend status.

Lighten up again please Craig.

jamboboetjie

this would be a football nightmare

I bring you

Mr Traynor (morph) Doncaster :yucky:

post-11170-0-82792000-1341342687_thumb.jpg

Tasavallan

And the prize for the most delude person on the planet goes to

Is it Donald Findlay QC?

If this broke last year it would be quite a story however due to everything else going on it's pretty much small potatoes :down:

I completely agree.

I'm becoming increasingly disillusioned with Tommo.

I think there is a very good chance that SPL clubs will vote to adjourn tomorrow but for a variety of reasons.

Some like Celtic just want to keep postponing this so they don't have to make a decision in public.

For some like Motherwell and Kilmarnock they will be happy to vote against newco Rangers joining the SPL next week as long as the SFL has allowed them in to the 1st Division, safe in the knowledge that they will be back in the SPL the following year.

For others like Hearts, Hibs, Dundee United and Aberdeen who want to see newco Rangers in the 3rd Division, they might want to delay voting on their SPL application until they know how the result of the SFL vote. For these clubs the dilemma may be whether a newco Rangers with next to no sanctions playing in the 1st Division next season is better or worse than having a newco Rangers with much more serious sanctions playing in the SPL.

Sorry, but I must be having one of these days!

The vote tomorrow, if it goes ahead, is not to consider an application from Newco to the SPL, the vote is to consider the transfer of Oldco's shares in the SPL to Newco.

Secondly,as I said earlier Newco are not a Football Club as such, they are not a SFA associate or full member and as such cannot play competitive nor indeed friendly games unless so affiliated.

livingstonjambo

I completely agree.

I'm becoming increasingly disillusioned with Scottish football.

FTFY

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

David Conn taking an interest on twitter. Says Scottish football is tearing itself apart because of the collapse of one club.

GuitarJambo

I just called Sky to take off my sports package and the guy (weegie) asked why I wanted to take iot off for their records so i gave him the speil about clarification of the spl deal on the table and the underhand tactics to get rangers back into the spl, the guy was greeat though and was a fellow jambo and totally disgusted, so sky lose my monthly subscription money! I wont be a part of this, actually said once the situation was sorted and sky released a proper statement on the situation i would resubscribe.

Beattie isn't half spouting a lot of pish on twitter :lol:

Brought up a Rangers fan I believe though so what can you expect.

And the prize for the most delude person on the planet goes to

yeh was on there reading it and was just stunned at what goes through their heads

I completely agree.

I'm becoming increasingly disillusioned with Tommo.

To be fair to him he did say on twitter that this wasn't an exclusive - "just some stuff that some will know but many more should".

Hopefully this story will gain some momentum and any clubs with conflicts of interest because of chairmen or board members with shares in Rangers will be forced to abstain when it comes to the SFL vote.

portobellojambo1

94.3 is relevant because there will be a vacancy in the SFL when Dundee or Dunfermline is promoted. Because its an off-season vacancy the SFL Board has the power to sort it out however they think is best. They think the best solution is for there to be a vote on whether Rangers take the empty slot. Totally against the spirit of the rules, but as a non-lawyer it appears to me to fit into the letter of their rules.

I can see where and how you are interpreting it Socrates, but if interpreting it in that way would that not mean that before they could be admitted to the SFL the SPL club vote would have to be taken first, and either Dunfermline/Dundee moved out of the first division to create that space, otherwise again they aren't following that rule as it is laid out. If any vote on SFL1 is taken first both Dundee and Dunfermline would still be in the SFL at that stage, and there would be no space as such.

Tommy Wiseau

How have Hearts let down Craig Beattie, please? By not paying him 8 grand a week?! :rofl:

I can see where and how you are interpreting it Socrates, but if interpreting it in that way would that not mean that before they could be admitted to the SFL the SPL club vote would have to be taken first, and either Dunfermline/Dundee moved out of the first division to create that space, otherwise again they aren't following that rule as it is laid out. If any vote on SFL1 is taken first both Dundee and Dunfermline would still be in the SFL at that stage, and there would be no space as such.

Fantastic point.

Brave Hearts

So the attitude and objective of SFA, SPL, SFL, and sleazy mutton media is to save the hun-cheats at ALL cost including to the detriment of every supporter and every club in Scotland.

Effectively the football establishment in Scotland is saying FCUK to the supporters across Scotland as long as they can save their hun-cheats.

Even with the massive risk that the average fan will walk away in disgust at lack of integrity and honesty in scottish football governance.

It is this situation that will cause the demise of other clubs. Not the rhetoric being spoutted by the corrupt officials and lying media that clubs will fall if the Hun-cheats are put into their proper starting position as a newco in SFL3.

As a season ticket holder of many years, including paid for forthcoming season, plus a regular traveller to Scottish games, including game in Belgium in October all paid for, I am beginning to wonder why should I invest any more of my money and, more important to me, my time with these disgusting, devious, dishonest and despicable countrymen.

Maybe it's time for clubs with the real interest of the game here to move away for the SPL and SFL and form their own league and leave those who want to suck up to the bigot brothers to get on with it. Sad fact is that those who are currently tasked with looking after the best interests of the sport here are failing badly. It's quite plain to see that it's the best interests of Celtic and what ever for the Newco takes that are upper most in Reagan,Longmuir, Topping, and Doncasters minds and to hell with morals and ethics.

I'll certainly not be attending matches involving anyone who votes for the Newco to be admitted to anywhere other than Division 3.

Absolutely this.

Invite all clubs who put integrity and fairness before all else to break away and form a sporting league or leagues, produce a clear set of unambiguous rules that if broken the penalties and punishments are clear (like I used to believe we had but definitely not now)

The exclusions being RFC for crimes committed, their complete and utter contempt for every other club and it's supporters, and the unwillingness of their own supporters to acknowledge any wrongdoing and ant evidence to support any change in this behaviour (in fact any lack of proper punishment will only reinforce this IMO)

Celtic, their silence throughout is deafening and through time it may become clear they"knew" all along what their ugly brother was up to but chose to ignore in order to safeguard the cartel, and the "benefits" of being part of it reap. Once heard a saying, better to be on the inside looking out than on.............

Jam Tarts 1874

this would be a football nightmare

I bring you

Mr Traynor (morph) Doncaster :yucky:

Can you morph the Daily Ranger with the BBC? The BBC's reporting of events on their website gets more and more riseable by the day.

brian mclauchlin ?@BBCBMcLauchlin

Sfl clubs will meet again next Thursday to decide if Rangers newco will be allowed into SFL. 50% vote required. More soon

:whistling:

Have any twits tweeted this tit with the rules shown above?

Carl Spackler

David Conn taking an interest on twitter. Says Scottish football is tearing itself apart because of the collapse of one club.

He's got some other stuff from today I haven't seen elsewhere. See

https://twitter.com/#!/david_conn

Essentially the way I read this is that all arguments are based on money from Sky.

Doncaster, the man who once said the collapse of OnDigital wouldn't be a disaster for Norwich and the league they were in at the time now thinks that a TV deal couldn't be renegotiated for a league minus ONE team and that the loss of this deal WOULD be a disaster.

This argument has obviously been the number one point being made by these guys. Romanov addressed it in his statement re the whole matter.

If some clubs can't cut their cloth then woe-betide them. Rangers financial predicament has been pretty well known for some time and things should never have been allowed to get to this stage. It is quite simply dereliction of duty by those that run the game. If Doncaser has no plan B then he's an even bigger fool then I took him for.

In principle if the setup is such that it relies on the one/two teams then the system needs to be corrected anyway.

Denny Crane

I made the point on Twitter that a non Old Firm SPL club would not be considered for preferential treatment like Newco. Some orc tweeted me back saying: "you just don't get it do you?It's the spl clubs inc your own who don't want rfc away for more than a year-in case they go bust"

To be fair to him he did say on twitter that this wasn't an exclusive - "just some stuff that some will know but many more should".

Hopefully this story will gain some momentum and any clubs with conflicts of interest because of chairmen or board members with shares in Rangers will be forced to abstain when it comes to the SFL vote.

I think he made a very valid point that the Presidents of both the SFA and the SFL are Rangers shareholders . Jim Ballantyne position is seriously conflicted especially after todays meeting .

peter_hmfc

I made the point on Twitter that a non Old Firm SPL club would not be considered for preferential treatment like Newco. Some orc tweeted me back saying: "you just don't get it do you?It's the spl clubs inc your own who don't want rfc away for more than a year-in case they go bust"

Some people are just beyond help. :vrface:

Cairneyhill Jambo

Out of curiosity, I just asked Sky customer service on facebook if they would still support Scottish football and show SPL games if the Huns were sent to the third division. They replied that they have no plans to stop covering SPL games.

Edited by Cairneyhill Jambo

...a bit disco

This guy is at least asking the questions.

It seems that Longmuir has been got at and the Raith guy probably knows how.

A very 'telling' Q & A indeed!

Q: ?David, the document which you sent out to your member clubs did seem terribly slanted. A: ?Towards what?? Q: ?Towards allowing Rangers to be gerrymandered into the First Division.? A: ?I?m sure there will be many opinions on the document but it was a factual document: that?s the current reality.? Q: ?Well, I just wanted to ask you about a couple of the claims.? A: ?I?m not able to give you any more than what is in the document at the moment. Our meeting is not until Tuesday.? Q: ?Could you explain the claim that the settlement agreement is at risk if Rangers start in the Third Division?? A: ?I?ll be explaining that to the clubs on Tuesday. The clubs come first at the moment, I?m afraid.? Q: ?Actually, it seems as though Rangers come first: that?s how this document comes across.? A: ?Well, I only have one responsibility and that is to the clubs of the SFL. They will come first.? Q: ?Earlier this month you said: ?There would be no provision for any newco Rangers to go into the First Division rather than the Third Division?. So what has changed in the last two weeks?? A: ?The stark reality of the position is the key to this situation.? Q: ?Has there been a great deal of coercion from the SPL and the SFA regarding this issue?? A: ?There has been a lot of consultation.? Q: ?But not coercion?? A: ?I am saying only that there has been a lot of consultation and discussion and people taking a reality check.? Q: ?Do you think that it?s essential for the well-being of Scottish football for this [Rangers 2012 in the First Division] to succeed?? A: ?All I want is for Scottish football to thrive and survive. That?s my main ambition.?

Not had a chance to post today.

A couple of observationsor more;-

- You would have to have been walking around with your head of your jacksey for the last 2 years not to realise that rangers were heading towards deep poo.

- Maybe Doncaster (and possibly Lawwell / Regan too) had realised this after all. Hence the behind the scenes skull duggery, and the eventual agreement, albeit verbally to enter into broadcaster and other sponsorship partnerships/agreements where there must be 4 OF games. Maybe it was the SPL that proposed it to the broadcasters, not the other way round.

- No-one expected the level of the hostility of the fans backlash, leading to the half baked bribe and threats to the SFL.

- Murray can stick his half ersed apology where the sun don't shine.

- Craig Beattie has proved all footballers are thick

- If Doncaster (and Regan for allowing Doncaster to lead the review) had got their fingers out their erses sooner re the dual contracts we wouldn't be where we are now. It's going to make some almightly cover up not to chuck Rangers out of football. And they will find a way.

- I'm sick to the back teeth of Rangers and their cheating, bullying, lies and all round filth that represent them. SDM, Watty, Sally, Goram, Bomber. Mostly Rangers men to the core. That's too bl00dy right each and every one of them 'Rangers'

And do you know what, I'm so sick of them, why don't we just let them back in. I've got the ideal punishment. Let them back into the SPL. Take the highest points Rangers have ever got since the inception of the SPL (or since SDM took over) and the lowest the team in 6th place attained,and deduct that amount of points from them at the start of each season. And let them fight for that precious 4th OF game Sky damn well strive for.

Rant over.

Edited by DETTY29

boy_in_maroon

Scottish football now stands guilty of being corrupt and immoral. Those involved should be hung, drawn and quartered. As other contributors have pointed out we are not punishing an existing club here we are dealing with a completely new one who are not yet members of the SFA (or has this been nodded through but not publicised yet) who, like other clubs before them, should be subject of the same application rules. Threatening and intimidating clubs who have nothing to do with the mess that Oldco got themselves in which caused the current hiatus within the Scottish game is both immoral and cowardly. Would the same concerted effort be made to parachute any other SPL club (Celtic excluded as we know that would be the case) into the SPL 1st Division: I doubt it very much.

I am thoroughly scunnered by what's gone on since this started in February. I am also dismayed by the behaviour of our brave media pundits, who rather than involve themselves in some investigative journalism, have become apologists for and supporters of those who created the situation as well as those who now seek to circumvent the rules because they believe that we can't survive without them.

Surely Platini's fair play rules should cover not only the financial aspecst of the game but the moral ones too.

This, in a nut shell

if Rangers, the rangers or w,e,t,f, they want to call themselves now,

come away with anything better than scottish league division 3, I will NOT be supporting anything to do with corrupt scottish football.

Yes its been said over and over again, but any other team other than that lot and they would have been wound up, long before the season finished and starting next season in division 3. (if they were lucky)

voting system, what a joke, our governing body (s.f.a.) is not man enough to apply the right/fair thing to do and allow entry to the lowest league. I hope "justice will prevail" but we are talking about a Scottish Football Association who work only to serve Glasgow's big 2.

Someone needs to clean up this mess. UEFA? FIFA?

Still it'll be back to the status quo in 2 seasons, WE HAD A CHANCE!!!!!!!

can someone reference sfa rule required 3 years accounts?

Posted this earlier mate, not sure how or if they can get Newco around this obstacle!

CRITERIA FROM SFA WEBSITE:

Financial Information

A club is required to submit a summary of financial information covering the reporting year for 2011 and the

previous two years i.e. 2010 and 2009 as detailed below.

Clubs are required to provide a

summary of financial information

Clubs will provide this information as follows -

drawn from the Audited Accounts

submitted at 8.1.1.

? SPL clubs ? by 31 March 2012

? All other clubs ? by 30 April 2012

GuitarJambo

Out of curiosity, I just asked Sky customer service on facebook if they would still support Scottish football and show SPL games if the Huns were sent to the third division. They replied that they have no plans to stop covering SPL games.

guy i spoke to said that as customer services reps they werent privvy to that info and could only go by what was in the papers but theres a rumour in their offices that the 2013 onwards contract will be ripped up and renogociated, besides they want our cash and can feck off until they stand up and state that they wont change anything regardless of rangers, we as paying customers and fans of the scottish game need absolute clarity on this as it is one of the barganing tools being used by regan and doncaster. basically if sky have already said they wont change the deal doncaster et al are lying and comiting a fraudulent act therefore they are once again proving that their positions in the game are untenable and that they are downright corrupt liars.

bean counter

I listened to sportsound and have to agree with Turnbull Hutton this is an SPL problem not an SFL one and should therefore be solved\dealt with by SPL and SFA.

Tomorrow's meeting should go ahead and a vote taken to refuse a SPL share transfer from Oldco to Newco

Newco should then have to apply to join SFL like any other Club

If SFA\SPL\SFL do anything other than listen to the fans and follow the current rules and try to engineer any other solution the SPL no voters and SFL no voters should resign from their Leagues, and resign from SFA as well if need be, and set up a new League and Association

The Scottish Football League 1 it would probably attract 16 teams. If more resign start a second division.

There is probably no appetite among Chairman for it I don't see why not call the establishments bluff.

Sorry, but I must be having one of these days!

The vote tomorrow, if it goes ahead, is not to consider an application from Newco to the SPL, the vote is to consider the transfer of Oldco's shares in the SPL to Newco.

Secondly,as I said earlier Newco are not a Football Club as such, they are not a SFA associate or full member and as such cannot play competitive nor indeed friendly games unless so affiliated.

On your first point, doesn't that amount to the same thing? Or are you suggesting that if they vote to transfer Oldco's shares to Newco, there would then have to be another vote on whether Newco would get to play football in the SPL?

On your second point, I think from the SFA statement tonight contradicting what Jim Spence tweeted earlier (ie that SFA would block Newco playing in the SPL), I think it's fair to say that if the SPL voted them in, the SFA would grant them a licence.

What do you make of my point that Newco in the 1st Division with limited sanctions might be a worse outcome than Newco in the SPL with much more severe sanctions. (Bearing in mind that my view is that they should be suspended for a season and then told to apply to join the SFL 3rd Division).

Paulie Walnut

It's almost guaranteed that the SPL meeting will be adjourned tomorrow with no vote taken place.

Tasavallan

This guy is at least asking the questions.

It seems that Longmuir has been got at and the Raith guy probably knows how.

Not so hard to guess, there is a chair vacant on the SFA Board and SPL with Topping stepping down. If the SFA intends amalgamating the SPL and SFL you can see where Longmuir's future may lie.

Denny Crane

Our pal Tom Commentator of Rangers telly is back (from Twitter):-

Tom Miller ?@TomCommentator

Hard Facts Fans of some clubs may not like it but MONEY TALKS & SKY & ESPN are SCREAMING at everyone in The Scottish game LISTEN or DIE !

Hard Facts Fans of some clubs may not like it but MONEY TALKS & SKY & ESPN are SCREAMING at everyone in The Scottish game LISTEN or DIE !

For Hard Facts read unconfirmed rumour (or possibly lie)

You first, Tom.

(Is he the Big Hoose Must Stay Open guy, as well? Same style.)

Denny Crane

You first, Tom.

(Is he the Big Hoose Must Stay Open guy, as well? Same style.)

Plus the fact that he probably stands to lose his own job should Division Three be the verdict of course has nothing to do with his tirade.

Didn't Vlad withdraw Kaunas from the top flight due to, what he saw as, corruption from the LFA?

If the Huns get back in, I honestly wouldn't mind if he did the same with us. **** you Huns, we'll go to the 3rd just so we don't have to deal with you.

Rudolf's Mate

guy i spoke to said that as customer services reps they werent privvy to that info and could only go by what was in the papers but theres a rumour in their offices that the 2013 onwards contract will be ripped up and renogociated, besides they want our cash and can feck off until they stand up and state that they wont change anything regardless of rangers, we as paying customers and fans of the scottish game need absolute clarity on this as it is one of the barganing tools being used by regan and doncaster. basically if sky have already said they wont change the deal doncaster et al are lying and comiting a fraudulent act therefore they are once again proving that their positions in the game are untenable and that they are downright corrupt liars.

Thing is, it's the fans who are up in arms over this. From every single club right through to the other half of the duopoly! As has rightly been pointed out earlier and no doubt previously throughout this thread, how many Scottish Sky subscribers purchased it for the sport?

I think should it transpire that Sky has been themain factor in the newco being parachuted into anything other than div 3 then they riska major backlash!

Francis Albert

The opinions of those clubs who have chosen to state their viiews seem to have been virtually anonymous. It seems to me a few people behind the scenes are trying tp tear Scottish football apart.

Does anyone else get the feeling after tonight that Scottish football is on a one-way collision course with all out civil war?

If nothing else, it livens up the close season after a relatively shite Euros :thumbsup:

livingstonjambo

Didn't Vlad withdraw Kaunas from the top flight due to, what he saw as, corruption from the LFA?

If the Huns get back in, I honestly wouldn't mind if he did the same with us. **** you Huns, we'll go to the 3rd just so we don't have to deal with you.

This x 100

I also hope more would do the same, I doubt it though

Edited by livingstonjambo

:lol:

That wouldn't surprise me!

Francis Albert

That is complete lies. He needs to look at the attendances in those leagues. Take out Sevco and Celtic then our SPL would be similar to the top leagues in Sweden and Denmark. Who's national side's manage to qualify for major tournaments I might add.

And that is true even if you strip out OF away support from the figures.

It's amazing how this League of Wales and League of Ireland crap keeps coming up. When did a match between any clubs in those leagues attract a crowd of 52,000 in any competition? Or more than 10,000?

The League of Wales has lower crowds than SFL3 and the League of Ireland significantly lower than SFL1.

If you are going to lie, I suppose it pays to make it a big one and keep repeating it in the face of any and all facts.

On your first point, doesn't that amount to the same thing? Or are you suggesting that if they vote to transfer Oldco's shares to Newco, there would then have to be another vote on whether Newco would get to play football in the SPL?

On your second point, I think from the SFA statement tonight contradicting what Jim Spence tweeted earlier (ie that SFA would block Newco playing in the SPL), I think it's fair to say that if the SPL voted them in, the SFA would grant them a licence.

What do you make of my point that Newco in the 1st Division with limited sanctions might be a worse outcome than Newco in the SPL with much more severe sanctions. (Bearing in mind that my view is that they should be suspended for a season and then told to apply to join the SFL 3rd Division).

Point one: No I do not think it is the same thing as Newco would still not be a SFA member club.

Point two: Not sure they could grant SFA Member status as they do not meet the Financial Criteria I posted earlier.

Posted this earlier mate, not sure how or if they can get Newco around this obstacle!

CRITERIA FROM SFA WEBSITE:

Financial Information

A club is required to submit a summary of financial information covering the reporting year for 2011 and the

previous two years i.e. 2010 and 2009 as detailed below.

Clubs are required to provide a

summary of financial information

Clubs will provide this information as follows -

drawn from the Audited Accounts

submitted at 8.1.1.

? SPL clubs ? by 31 March 2012

? All other clubs ? by 30 April 2012

Your point; Not sure any sanctions could be applied to Newco by SFA/SPL/SFL, they have done nothing wrong (YET!) other than continue to act like, talk like and annoy us like Oldco. I agree that Newco should be told, once they meet the SFA Financial Information Criteria then they can apply for SFA membership and not until. That would see them being out of the leagues for a few years at least, that to me would be suitable punishment. They have no money to pay debts nor indeed fines so no point in applying fines!

In respect of SFL or SPL I do not believe either are acceptable. Let's face it once the EBT and BTC hit home nobody will touch them with a barge pole, also if they do not get SPL or SFL1 then I think Newco might walk!

bigsuperslim1874

Well folks. It looks like the sun is setting on Scottish football and all our fears are coming to pass.

I feel sorry for the SFL teams who have been dragged into our shit all because the SPL and SFA were too spineless to do the right thing.

I'll say this much, they way i'm feeling at the moment there will be no club - not hibs, not celtic - who who will come any near this 'newco' in terms of the hatred that i feel. Any team that plays them gets my support and should the time arrive where we come up against them for 90 mins they are going to get every bit of hate i can call upon (not sectarian etc - all footy related....) to let them know how I and 99.9% of all other clubs supporters feel.

WHEN we beat them I will gloat and ram down their throats that they are cheating scum and have no history or respect. I will love it when we smash them.

:loveit:

• Maple Leaf locked this topic