The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Carl Spackler

I'm genuinely sickened and angry about all this.

The whole thing is disgusting and an embarrassment to Scottish Football.

There is no grey here, there is either sport or there is money and corruption. Anyone attempting to plead the case for the latter in what, when you boil it down, is a fairly simple matter, should hang their head in shame.

Any chance of us starting a good honest contest in a few weeks time or will be just keep dragging things on to deal with the spivs and sheisters riddled through OUR game? This is Scotland's national sport, it does not belong to these conmen.

They need emptied. Any and all of them who are culpable, conflicted or implicated. OUT.

Jambof3tornado

Traynor claiming that 2 west coast clubs have told him they will go bust without the ?645000 due from the tv money before the season starts,what a pile of horseshite,clearly telling fibs and pulled up for it by Tom English(think it was him),Traynors reply..............did you enjoy being on my radio show on a saturday night coz your not coming back!!!! ******* stupid stupid man.

Turnbull Hutton has the right attitude.

Also the SFA have basically said they still dont have all the info required to make them decide whether they would transfer huns status over to newco,I assume they still want more info on the consortium.

And the prick that is running the SFL Longmuir or whatever his name is,well he looked like a good guy after the TV debate show and his comments the other week were great,but in the space of 10 days he has become another Doncaster and Regan,they are all a bunch of *****,who care for 2 teams in scotland.

SFL teams are expected to go away and look over the facts they have been given,why are none of the facts given backed up by clear evidence from ESPN,SKY TV etc etc???

Corrupt to the very core,and that cannot be denied by anyone.

If newhuns get into the SPL or 1st Div the baw is burst,well and truly burst,not a slow puncture,burst,capoot,nae air left in it,done,gone,expired.

Hagar the Horrible

Motherwell?

A team that has sold more season tickets than they ever have, and with the luck of the draw the CL might set them straight for years to come, plus they made a bucket finsihing third

I put it to traynor he talks gash

I bet even Killie survive, and will do if they got relegated too, the only way any of these clubs will suffer is if they vote YES to newco, as the campaign against them will be long, well as long as it takes for them to go bust

Maiden Gorgie

Does anyone think that Rangers newco will be in the SPL or SFL1?

I think too many fans will abandon Scottish football, I cannot believe they will stick two fingers up to the fans who love their clubs for the favour of the glory-hunting masses.

This. I hope I am not being too optimistic here but the general seethe shown on JKB will be nothing compared to the reaction if the High Heid Yins manage to wriggle NewCo back in.

Alva-Jambo

I introduce a stark economic argument to this debate.

The 'Old Firm' apparently generated over ?120 Million a year for Glasgow. And I have nothing against good trading situations.

"Potatoes are an important crop for Scotland, and it has a reputation for producing good seed potatoes.

The total value of the 2006 crop was ?180.3 million" ( Scottish Agricultural College)

So the solution is, replace old firm supporters with potatoes.

Jambof3tornado

A team that has sold more season tickets than they ever have, and with the luck of the draw the CL might set them straight for years to come, plus they made a bucket finsihing third

I bet even Killie survive, and will do if they got relegated too, the only way any of these clubs will suffer is if they vote YES to newco, as the campaign against them will be long, well as long as it takes for them to go bust

correct,and secret ballot or not,any team that votes for the newco to jump into the SPL or 1st division will see no more money from me,ever again.

SCOTTISH FOOTBALL<CORRUPT TO THE CORE>

cliffdanum

The chairman from the SPL and SFL1 that have indicated to say No to Newco should band together and issue a joint statement, they should ensure that max publicity is available from outside Scotland, in that statement they should demand all facts on any contracts/deals done with broadcasters/sponsors be made public, and that all rules for Newco application for league status must be adhered to.

vintage1874

Does anyone think that Rangers newco will be in the SPL or SFL1?

I think too many fans will abandon Scottish football, I cannot believe they will stick two fingers up to the fans who love their clubs for the favour of the glory-hunting masses.

SFL 1 not much of a punishment. They'd be as well letting them stay in SPL and if they were to get relegated they could always restructure next season. I'm sure it was mentioned on sportsound about the 4 OF games and SKY.

Cannon fodder that's what the other 40 clubs are we've always known that. It just hurts when you are told it to your face.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

If the SFL vote against Rangers then the SPL will backtrack and vote them in. That is the way it looks to me.

The appellate tribunal is the trick card and will suspend Rangers. I believe.

If the SFL or SPL clubs vote them anywhere other than SFL3 at the very highest, there will be a mass exodus from their supporters, that is the reality. They would be crazy to try and call the fan's bluff on this.

There will not be enough (3-4) weegie area clubs turning to a yes vote in the SPL and the SFL have nothing to lose.

The cheating vermin are gone... Or the whole of Scottish football is.

Edited by Shaun William Ryder

peter_hmfc

The 'Old Firm' apparently generated over ?120 Million a year for Glasgow. And I have nothing against good trading situations.

"Potatoes are an important crop for Scotland, and it has a reputation for producing good seed potatoes.

The total value of the 2006 crop was ?180.3 million" ( Scottish Agricultural College)

:yas:

:rofl:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

By the way, Traynor did not threaten Spence with not being on Your Call, he threatened Tom English.

Just so we are clear. :)

Alva-Jambo

The fans of clubs other than Rangers should arrange a march to Hampden carrying a coffin with 'Scottish Football' written on it which could be left on the steps of Hampden.

It would be a pretty powerful image IMO.

You know I think that is the best idea of the day.. I'll turn up for that one.

The streets of Glasgow are not the territory of the 'two'. They are part of OUR Scotland.

I can't be proud of Scotland while we have that bigoted scum walking the streets. ( of both colours)

Totally agree, was just pointing out that there was another West coast club other than Killie, Celtic and St Mirren

Alva-Jambo

I'm starting to feel helpless. Have I really watched Hearts for the last time? I won't go anywhere near a Scottish ground again if this happens. Can't someone intervene and save us from this? This is horrible.

Oh many of us agree there. IF they get into the SPL, I am offskie, goodbye Hearts . If I want to spend 20 odd quid entrance money, on a rigged gamble I prefer the bookies.

I still don't see the SFl clubs voting them in in order to protect teams who suck most of the cash out of the game.

One thing is for sure though, the media will put immense pressure in them to do the wrong thing next week. They will have to stand against that, and listen to their own fans.

Sky should also be forced to give a statement on their position.

craig beattie saying scotland will be like the league of wales or ireland should rangers not be allowed in to the spl.

unfollow.

Bit of an insult to a terrific vegetable!

dry.gif

Rick Grimes

Dunno about anyone else but I need this vote to happen tomorrow and I need to see Hearts voting the right way. I've been pretty confident for weeks that Rangers were getting their medicine and we had some officials at least who cared about the integrity of the game, but I'm in the doldrums again.

They're going to get away with it and I can't bloody face it.

:sob:

peter_hmfc

craig beattie saying scotland will be like the league of wales or ireland should rangers not be allowed in to the spl.

unfollow.

:vrface: :vrface:

Toxteth O'Grady

I'm genuinely sickened and angry about all this.

The whole thing is disgusting and an embarrassment to Scottish Football.

There is no grey here, there is either sport or there is money and corruption. Anyone attempting to plead the case for the latter in what, when you boil it down, is a fairly simple matter, should hang their head in shame.

Any chance of us starting a good honest contest in a few weeks time or will be just keep dragging things on to deal with the spivs and sheisters riddled through OUR game? This is Scotland's national sport, it does not belong to these conmen.

They need emptied. Any and all of them who are culpable, conflicted or implicated. OUT.

100% this.

How can they charge anyone with not acting in good faith or bringing the game into disrepute when they cant make a simple decision on how to deal with a new club or treat every club equally?

There is probably only one club that could stop this nonsense (and that is a disgrace) unless the rest unite.

The deafening silence from Celtic is sickening, playing a clver game my arse, bunch of cowards.

Toxteth O'Grady

Bit of an insult to a terrific vegetable!

dry.gif

Not that terrific, it was the Potatoes failing that brought Celtic to Scotland

The Comedian

unfollow.

Yep, MAJOR unfollow for retweeting Hun ramblings.

What a diseased sport we have. Why not have a juicy TV deal and ban all non-OF supporters from the games and open everystand upto the OF. It will bring in the most money cao THATS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT.

unfollow.

Well if he was after ?8k pw and wanted to stay in Scotland then maybe he is laying his cards on where he wants to try and play next season....

Randy Marsh

unfollow.

That is complete lies. He needs to look at the attendances in those leagues. Take out Sevco and Celtic then our SPL would be similar to the top leagues in Sweden and Denmark. Who's national side's manage to qualify for major tournaments I might add.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Thanks for the goals Beats but you're now officially a prick.

Jambof3tornado

motherwell to vote no as well,so judging by traynors comments unless motherwell are about to enter administration its st mirren and kille that will go boom if huns dont get into spl,and I didnt think St idden has any debt after the stadium move,so that equates to tranyor being a bullshitting *****.

Alva-Jambo

unfollow.

Beattie refused a new contract? well he didn't have Hearts in his heart . He did us a good turn, and that's that.

Better get Jankowskas out on the pitch. A player sub-manager role, sounds good to me.

Sorry off topic, not about the newco

yeah Oldco are in breach of the rules. They'll get a fine or something. Transferral of SFA membership is allowed for under the SFA Articles of Association - the section has been quoted on here previously. I don't think the Companies Act has anything much to do with this.

One of us is confused mate, Newco can apply for Oldco SPL membership to be transferred but either need to apply to SFA for an Associate Member or Full Member to qualify. I have been searching SFA stuff but cannot find anything to support transfer of SFA membership, in fact the opposite as you need to be a football club to apply and Newco are not!

If you can show me the link to satisfy my curiosity I would be obliged.

the windae cleaner

The deafening silence from Celtic is sickening, playing a clver game my arse, bunch of cowards.

This ......what theyre not saysaying says it all ... Bottle Merchants

their fans aint too happy bout it either :thumbsup:

Edited by the windae cleaner

Alva-Jambo

motherwell to vote no as well,so judging by traynors comments unless motherwell are about to enter administration its st mirren and kille that will go boom if huns dont get into spl,and I didnt think St idden has any debt after the stadium move,so that equates to tranyor being a bullshitting *****.

The' Rangers' or rather Greenco appology combined with the Traynor blitzkreig yesterday, are designed to strike fear into SPL diddies, and then relief that the Rangers 'appologise'.

THe people 'appologising' are not, Rangers! Talk about hard cop soft cop.

I'll leave the post there, the whole thing is ludicrous.

dobmisterdobster

unfollow.

I'm gonna block him. Might wind him up first, get him to say something stupid.

The Welsh league is only 20 years old and soccer isn't even that popular in Ireland compared to their other sports.

portobellojambo1

94.2.2 In such event, notwithstanding the terms of Rules 92 (Champion Clubs - Promotion and Relegation) and 93 (Champion Clubs - Promotion and Relegation and Ground Requirements), the Board shall declare that the number of clubs relegated from the appropriate Division be reduced by the corresponding number of defaulting clubs in that Division and if appropriate declare any further club or clubs to be promoted to their respective next higher Division so that in all cases the ultimate vacancy caused by the original default will occur in the lowest Division of the League.

94.3 If any club(s) is expelled, resigns, retires or ceases to be a member of the League for any reason after the end of one playing season but before the commencement of the next playing season, the Board will have full powers to deal with the situation as it deems appropriate.

These sections of the SFL rules are relevant. The sad news is that 94.3 seems to suggest that the Board can do what it likes here, including allowing Rangers in on a straight Yes/No vote.

I would suggest Socrates that the above rule, i.e. 94.3 relates to existing member clubs of the SFL, of which Rangers FC (RIP) were not and are not. Sevco are a brand new company seeking admission to that league for the first time, as they wish to play football. They haven't been expelled from the SFL, they haven't resigned from that league during the close season, they haven't retired from or ceased to be a member of The Scottish Football League over the course of this close season. Therefore, this rule doesn't apply to them at all, not even remotely.

The SPL and SFL are two totally separate bodies the club formerly known as Glasgow Rangers FC were members of the SPL, and had no rights whatsoever under the SFL, and any NewCo cannot become encompassed by rules which govern clubs who have played in that league during the season just ended.

One club somewhere is going to pull the rug from under whoever came up with this, and the only person who could have done so is David Longmuir, their CEO., As far as I am aware he hasn't spoken today. Neither Stewart Regan or Neil Doncaster have any rights to decide how SFL clubs will vote, and what percentage is sufficient, even the wording of this makes it clear to me, as someone looking in from the outside, that said rule 94.3 is aimed at existing SFL member clubs and what could happen if one of them went down the pan. Get legal people involved and they will rip the shit out of Regan and Doncaster.

Alva-Jambo

One of us is confused mate, Newco can apply for Oldco SPL membership to be transferred but either need to apply to SFA for an Associate Member or Full Member to qualify. I have been searching SFA stuff but cannot find anything to support transfer of SFA membership, in fact the opposite as you need to be a football club to apply and Newco are not!

If you can show me the link to satisfy my curiosity I would be obliged.

That's a very good angle we need to keep hold of.

Thanks for the goals Beats but you're now officially a prick.

Reckon he's either been hacked or is pished.

super_vlad

Thanks for the goals Beats but you're now officially a cup final hero

FTFY

Not his fault he is not the brightest, most footballers aren't! No need to get personal about a cup winner!

BTW already clamped him about the Setanta deal that was pennies? 125m over 4 years, compared to the new sky deal ?80m over 4 years

Ivan Drago

The Welsh league is only 20 years old and soccer isn't even that popular in Ireland compared to their other sports.

I've already tried :thumbsup:

mahgrassyshoes

unfollow.

I hope someone points out to him that when there were 12-15000 jambo's watching him a score the penalty that put hearts in the Scottish cup final none of them were there to watch Rangers.

And when 52000 folk turned up at Hampden to watch the Scottish cup final it wasn't because Rangers were playing.

And every week numbers 10x the size of your average LoW crowd turn up to watch first division games.

The league of Wales is about a par with our third division. Ironically where sevco will be plying their trade next year.

Mr Beattie's just gone right down in my estimations.

Thought Thomo was going to go public with Cam O story etc tonight???

#

It's on his blog - story about how many people involved with (other) clubs or football govrnance in Scottish football have shares in RFC RIP.

CO = 5000 in RFC.

Chairman at Airdrie has 500. Yeah , that Airdire. The one that isn't taking part in the vote.

Findlay has 10,000. He refused to speak to C4 and a club spokesperson said "say what you like".

Toxteth O'Grady

This ......what theyre not saying says it all ... Bottle Merchants

their fans aint too happy bout it either :thumbsup:

Yep, that is a glimmer of hope.

Could it be time for a proper big protest at Hampden?

i pointed this out to him and he got a bit sweary, think he's been at the ol pinot grigio.

super_vlad

The Level Of hatred

How can anyone be surprised? Have they forgot the tainted title in 08 when we got no help from anyone when we made the country proud in getting to a European final, have fans forgot about the disgusting attacks on our club and fans post Manchester, crimewatch etc, the reaction to terrace banter with certain party songs deemed sectarian, the club being dragged through the mudd by the media after Romania, Pamploma, Barcelona and Villarreal? Have fans really forgot all about the lies and gossip spouted about our club every day in the daily newspapers? Have fans forgot the rags ran with story after story about Rangers fans singing sectarian songs on a weekly basis yet ignore the weekly Iraoke's from the bheasts from the east? Are fans not aware how many tims Sky, BBC Scotland and indeed Radio Clyde employ to talk about Scottish football Rangers? Even Real Radio is now tainted with Peter 2 names given top spot. Are fans not aware tarriers have wormed their way into almost every top position in the country and are having a field day persecuting our people, club, history and tradition? All that without even mentioning the last few months. Wakey wakey Rangers fans, the real bigots want us gone.

And the prize for the most delude person on the planet goes to

Edited by super_vlad

I would suggest Socrates that the above rule, i.e. 94.3 relates to existing member clubs of the SFL, of which Rangers FC (RIP) were not and are not. Sevco are a brand new company seeking admission to that league for the first time, as they wish to play football. They haven't been expelled from the SFL, they haven't resigned from that league during the close season, they haven't retired from or ceased to be a member of The Scottish Football League over the course of this close season. Therefore, this rule doesn't apply to them at all, not even remotely.

The SPL and SFL are two totally separate bodies the club formerly known as Glasgow Rangers FC were members of the SPL, and had no rights whatsoever under the SFL, and any NewCo cannot become encompassed by rules which govern clubs who have played in that league during the season just ended.

One club somewhere is going to pull the rug from under whoever came up with this, and the only person who could have done so is David Longmuir, their CEO., As far as I am aware he hasn't spoken today. Neither Stewart Regan or Neil Doncaster have any rights to decide how SFL clubs will vote, and what percentage is sufficient, even the wording of this makes it clear to me, as someone looking in from the outside, that said rule 94.3 is aimed at existing SFL member clubs and what could happen if one of them went down the pan. Get legal people involved and they will rip the shit out of Regan and Doncaster.

94.3 is relevant because there will be a vacancy in the SFL when Dundee or Dunfermline is promoted. Because its an off-season vacancy the SFL Board has the power to sort it out however they think is best. They think the best solution is for there to be a vote on whether Rangers take the empty slot. Totally against the spirit of the rules, but as a non-lawyer it appears to me to fit into the letter of their rules.

Drumelzier

Near the end of the broadcast did Traynor not also say that 11 of the SPL teams were meeting tonight ?

Harry Palmer

Feckin' Hell. :lol:

Edit: (@ the post from super vlad.)

Edited by Arnold

Maybe it's time for clubs with the real interest of the game here to move away for the SPL and SFL and form their own league and leave those who want to suck up to the bigot brothers to get on with it. Sad fact is that those who are currently tasked with looking after the best interests of the sport here are failing badly. It's quite plain to see that it's the best interests of Celtic and what ever for the Newco takes that are upper most in Reagan,Longmuir, Topping, and Doncasters minds and to hell with morals and ethics.

I'll certainly not be attending matches involving anyone who votes for the Newco to be admitted to anywhere other than Division 3.

Stuart Lyon

Colinmaroon no problem with including my views in your messages to Regan and Platini.

If I thought it would make a difference I would email them myself but I think Scottish fitba is donald ducked now. No integrity, no self respect and

no morals whatsoever. I don't want to stop watching Hearts but what's the point?

The likes of Regan, Doncaster and Longmuir (if the latter is the SFL official) are mere lickspittles doing what they are doing at the behest of some club or clubs to do whatever is necessary to steamroller this absurdly unfair solution on our game. I hope they can sleep at night.

There should be no postponement of the SPL vote tomorrow because if there is it will make Scottish football an even bigger laughing stock.

R.I.P. Scottsih fitba.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic