The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Francis Albert

For the first time I'm now concerned that the Newco may get into Div 1.

Up until now I had always thought that Regan was playing a good game to modify and update our game and structure, now I'm not so sure.

One other thing bothers me is the silence from Celtic.

I cannot believe that this plan will be accepted without them having signalled their approval. Is Lawell on the SFA Board ?

I wonder how TGFITW would reconcile it if that were the case.

No but Celtic are on the SPL Board, and it is clear that it is the SPL which invented and is pushing the SFL1 "compromise".

Maple Leaf

After today's revelations, does anyone on JKB still think that Regan will be even-handed in his treatment of newco? Does anyone think that the lack of accounts will be a factor he will consider? Does anyone think that he'll hold their feet to the fire over the Court of Sessions debacle? Does anyone think that he cares about FIFA or EUFA?

I know that there are several guys on here who have steadfastly maintained that justice, fair play, and integrity will ultimately save the day, and that The Cheats will get their just desserts.

I wish I shared their confidence.

colinmaroon

Still think this is peripheral and the idea that their Rangers shareholdings has influenced them is fanciful. The numbers are tiny and the shares have been worth nothing for some time.

Meanwhile Doncaster and Reagan seem to be rather more active players in trying to save Rangers (sorry Scottish football) ... with no Rangers shareholding.

Thommo's been good but, like his earlier attempt to involve politcians in the scandal, I think this is a side-track.

FA, I don't think it's the value of the shares that matters.

In fact, the lack of value could be even more significant.

Why would they have these shares if not as investment? Because they are Rangers supporters! Therefore their heart lies with what is best for Rangers!

Therefore a conflict of interest.

It's not so much a sidetrack, rather just another piece of the jigsaw of the pervasive and malignant influence that Rangers were, and still are.

Pistol1874

If any club ceases to be a member for any reason.

This could cover the space created by one additional SFL club leaving the SFL to join the SPL

I think Tasavallan explained it in the post after yours.

Drumelzier

Isn't there a small matter of Rangers' SFA registration to be dealt with before the SFL can vote?

Or is it assumed that is a formality?

I thought it was said last week that newco needed to be in a 'league' before the SFA even considered transferring Rangers' SFA share to the newco, could be wrong though.

john brownlee

I think what theyre trying to say is that no mater where you are in scottish football be the top, SFA, or the bottom, Cowdenbeath there is some rankers influence therefore that cant be right as it could and will enpair your judgement I always see it as player that openly admits to be life long old firm fan It is always a niggling thought in the back of your head are they relly trying in a game that involves them or like the refs, are they really going to apply the laws of the game equally. I read it as such and I have been more that convinced over the years that to be the case and more so since the concept of the SPL. I no it should be no barrier if you want to make a living out of football, but the thought is there and the first time there's a conflict of intrest it should be looked at rather than just swept under the carpet

colinmaroon

After today's revelations, does anyone on JKB still think that Regan will be even-handed in his treatment of newco? Does anyone think that the lack of accounts will be a factor he will consider? Does anyone think that he'll hold their feet to the fire over the Court of Sessions debacle? Does anyone think that he cares about FIFA or EUFA?

I know that there are several guys on here who have steadfastly maintained that justice, fair play, and integrity will ultimately save the day, and that The Cheats will get their just desserts.

NO!

IMA MAROON

The appellate tribunal is independent. He has no say. That is what he has been claiming.

Stuart Lyon

Scottish football now stands guilty of being corrupt and immoral. Those involved should be hung, drawn and quartered. As other contributors have pointed out we are not punishing an existing club here we are dealing with a completely new one who are not yet members of the SFA (or has this been nodded through but not publicised yet) who, like other clubs before them, should be subject of the same application rules. Threatening and intimidating clubs who have nothing to do with the mess that Oldco got themselves in which caused the current hiatus within the Scottish game is both immoral and cowardly. Would the same concerted effort be made to parachute any other SPL club (Celtic excluded as we know that would be the case) into the SPL 1st Division: I doubt it very much.

I am thoroughly scunnered by what's gone on since this started in February. I am also dismayed by the behaviour of our brave media pundits, who rather than involve themselves in some investigative journalism, have become apologists for and supporters of those who created the situation as well as those who now seek to circumvent the rules because they believe that we can't survive without them.

Surely Platini's fair play rules should cover not only the financial aspecst of the game but the moral ones too.

Edited by Stuart Lyon

colinmaroon

Scottish football now stands guilty of being corrupt and immoral. Those involved should be hung, drawn and quartered. As other contributors have pointed out we are not punishing an existing club here we are dealing with a completely new one who are not yet members of the SFA (or has this been nodded through but not publicised yet) who, like other clubs before them, should be subject of the same application rules. Threatening and intimidating clubs who have nothing to do with the mess that Oldco got themselves in which caused the current hiatus within the Scottish game is both immoral and cowardly. Would the same concerted effort be made to parachute any other SPL club (Celtic excluded as we know that would be the case) into the SPL 1st Division: I doubt it very much.

I am thoroughly scunnered by what's gone on since this started in February. I am also dismayed by the behaviour of our brave media pundits, who rather than involve themselves in some investigative journalism, have become apologists for and supporters of those who created the situation as well as those who now seek to circumvent the rules because they believe that we can't survive without them.

Surely Platini's fair play rules should cover not only the financial aspecst of the game but the moral ones too.

I hope you don't mind but I have copied this post and will be quoting it in my letter to Regan and Platini.

kingantti1874

the game is very nearly up... I are maintained this would be the most likely outcome but I am absolutely gutted... hearts aside, the last remaining feeling I had for scottish football is gone.

The Guardian's take on things in their excellent column "Fiver". Always good for a bit of light relief! :lol:

Scary gates at the Big Hoose

"Despite his optmism, whatever division O'Newco Rangers end up in next season, their problems will only be beginning ? with the club skint and forbidden from entering the transfer market, more than 10 of their best players and Kyle Lafferty have already done one from Ibrox."

Arf

So let's assume oldco get booted out SPL. At some point they will then morph into Newco, and with the assistance of the oldco infiltrated SFA/SFL the weegia et al secure the 15 votes required to be placed in SFL div 1 (just, well, because, that's what must happen) we will have the pleasure of their company in the SPL or whatever it will be called for the commencement of the 2013/14 season.

Excuse my ignorance but I would not and could not accept this as a fair outcome or satisfactory punishment at all.

It is now abundantly clear that our establishment is run by people with degrees in engineering who sole task is to manufacture a seat at the top table for Newco no matter how embarrassing it makes Scottish football look.

So is this our last year of football before we face the real possibility of hundreds maybe thousands turning their backs as it does appear that the game is one giant bogey?

So let's assume oldco get booted out SPL. At some point they will then morph into Newco, and with the assistance of the oldco infiltrated SFA/SFL the weegia et al secure the 15 votes required to be placed in SFL div 1 (just, well, because, that's what must happen) we will have the pleasure of their company in the SPL or whatever it will be called for the commencement of the 2013/14 season.

Excuse my ignorance but I would not and could not accept this as a fair outcome or satisfactory punishment at all.

It is now abundantly clear that our establishment is run by people with degrees in engineering who sole task is to manufacture a seat at the top table for Newco no matter how embarrassing it makes Scottish football look.

So is this our last year of football before we face the real possibility of hundreds maybe thousands turning their backs as it does appear that the game is one giant bogey?

Yeap, and for that reason I'm out.

I think that the governing bodies have still underestimated the feelings of the fans across the whole country.

Even after all the outcry from across the country, they are still standing with their fingers in their ears singing "la la la la".

Isn't there a small matter of Rangers' SFA registration to be dealt with before the SFL can vote?

Or is it assumed that is a formality?

Posted this earlier mate, not sure how or if they can get Newco around this obstacle!

CRITERIA FROM SFA WEBSITE:

Financial Information

A club is required to submit a summary of financial information covering the reporting year for 2011 and the

previous two years i.e. 2010 and 2009 as detailed below.

Clubs are required to provide a

summary of financial information

Clubs will provide this information as follows -

drawn from the Audited Accounts

submitted at 8.1.1.

? SPL clubs ? by 31 March 2012

? All other clubs ? by 30 April 2012

Think the bleachers report that compared Scottish Football to Pro Wrestling was correct.

surely you lot aren't going to trundle along on a Saturday and watch meaningless friendlies/ Pantomimes/stage acts disguised as competition ?

If you are then I have some great bridges for sale, Give your money to me instead.

That was some apology from the new RFC Chairman.

We apologise unreserervedly for taking scotish football to the abyss.

Eh naw son, its Rangers that are staring into the abyss not scottish football.

They can't even manage a decent apology

So far 9 clubs are agains the newco joining the 1st division...

Falkirk,

Raith Rovers,

Morton,

East Fife,

Stranraer,

Stirling Albion,

Clyde,

Peterhead,

Dunfirmline,

So already we just need another 7 out of 22 to come out publicly, and newco are in the 3rd division.

Next few days will be interesting.

Teams taken from here...http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18680165 I think Dunfermline can be added. too

Edited by I.T.K

Posted this earlier mate, not sure how or if they can get Newco around this obstacle!

CRITERIA FROM SFA WEBSITE:

Financial Information

A club is required to submit a summary of financial information covering the reporting year for 2011 and the

previous two years i.e. 2010 and 2009 as detailed below.

Clubs are required to provide a

summary of financial information

Clubs will provide this information as follows -

drawn from the Audited Accounts

submitted at 8.1.1.

? SPL clubs ? by 31 March 2012

? All other clubs ? by 30 April 2012

they can apply to transfer Oldco's membership. The SFA can then decide whether to admit them. The rules for this don't say anything about having three years of accounts. After today's episode does anyone really think that's going to be a huge problem for them?

colinmaroon

I think that the governing bodies have still underestimated the feelings of the fans across the whole country.

Even after all the outcry from across the country, they are still standing with their fingers in their ears singing "la la la la".

If Rangers are voted into SFL1, and as the SFA are complicit in this and, if the SFA do not impose further sanctions on Rangers NewCo even if they do get into SFL1, then we fans should be seriously thinking about how we respond.

As a Scotland supporter (i.e. not one of the tartan bashing mob on here) I will never attend a Scotland game again.

That's for starters!

A sizeable boycott permanent or temporary, is one way to hurt the SFA significantly.

Edited by colinmaroon

kingantti1874

That was some apology from the new RFC Chairman.

We apologise unreserervedly for taking scotish football to the abyss.

Eh naw son, its Rangers that are staring into the abyss not scottish football.

They can't even manage a decent apology

I agree with your last point but Scottish football is very much staring into the abyss here...to be honest, im virtually past caring... There is not a lot left to save

Edited by kingantti1874

Rudolf's Mate

WHy is everyone up in arms, has it been stated that the SFL members will vote in favour?

they can apply to transfer Oldco's membership. The SFA can then decide whether to admit them. The rules for this don't say anything about having three years of accounts. After today's episode does anyone really think that's going to be a huge problem for them?

You must have missed something, Oldco cannot produce 3 years audited accounts and Newco is exactly that Newco. You cannot under the Companies Act transfer membership unless they meet the criteria!

Turnbull Hutton on Sportsound now.

Synopsis please, can't listen !!! (new interview or just his pre meeting comments ??)

kingantti1874

WHy is everyone up in arms, has it been stated that the SFL members will vote in favour?

because regardless of the vote, the people who run out game have made their agenda clear... It is now clear that Scottish football exists for only 2 clubs... you cannot have a competition where rules are not applied evenly.. regardless of the vote, it is now clear that is the case

kingdannyb

Patience children, patience.

The SPL will vote them out tomorrow and the SFL will follow suit next week.

Any other result and I'll be done with Scottish football too.

If Rangers are voted into SFL1, and as the SFA are complicit in this and, if the SFA do not impose further sanctions on Rangers NewCo even if they do get into SFL1, then we fans should be seriously thinking about how we respond.

As a Scotland supporter (i.e. not one of the tartan bashing mob on here) I will never attend a Scotland game again.

That's for starters!

A sizeable boycott permanent or temporary, is one way to hurt the SFA significantly.

Can imagine that will be how the anger will materialise,Colin.The national team will be a high profile target for fans countrywide to show their disapproval.

The authorities will disregard this threat at their peril.

brunoatemyhamster

Turnbull Huttons quotes have been editied on the BBC Website since earlier today . CLEARLY remember reading this morning...

"What kind of game are we running? IT IS CORRUPT!"

Been edited to look like he's asking if it is corrupt!

Licence fee protest coming from me i think. :whistling:

They've finagled a simple majority, they'll be leaning like **** on those who haven't declared yet. Games up.

Patrick Bateman

Why on earth is this being allowed to drag on for another week? The Govan bigots died and their phoenix should be treated like any other new applicant to the SFL and invited to apply at SFL3 level. Those are the rules and they should be followed. I find it funny that the Orange bib wearing creeps seem to think this is some form of punishment. Their club ran itself into the ground then committed suicide. They can blame nobody but Murray and, to a lesser extent Whyte & Green for this.

cliffdanum

Scottish football is about to die, a death brought on by a corrupt vile club, supported by corrupt vile institutions which are the SFA/SPL. What can fans do to stop this, it appears very little...Scottish football can only be saved now by outside intervention, be that from uefa/fifa or from the input of massive negative press from outside scotland, i still believe that legally, somewhere Newco can be stopped from entering the leagues unless they have the correct documentation and apply like each and every other club would have to do...no rule changes jus because its vile newco.... fans all over Scotland deserve better from there associations, somewhere out there someone needs to ensure proper justice is done and football in Scotland can once again be played on even field.

Toxteth O'Grady

I agree with your last point but Scottish football is very much staring into the abyss here...to be honest, im virtually past caring... There is not a lot left to save

It's not looking good, a clear out of the blazers at the SFA who have shirked their responsibility would be a step in the right direction but there will still be a few chairmen with dinosaur mentality.

As for Doncaster, has there ever been anybody as out of touch?

skinnybob72

All this guff about the Sky deal requiring 4 OF games makes me wonder not only how corrupt the game is already but also how corrupt the game COULD be.

If they get their way and Newco are put into Division 1 then it would appear they MUST be promoted after just 1 season. If the transfer embargo stands then how do they guarantee this will happen? Are we going to see even more blatently biased refereeing to ensure that they win the league.

The the season after next when they've been 'helped' back into the SPL how do the powers that be (SKY) ensure they finish top 6? More obscene refereeing decisions?

The White Cockade

I'm getting a horrible feeling about all this

The joke apology looks is so obviously false and has been forced upon them

but is it part of a campaign that will end up with them carrying on the SPL?

Apologise, pay a few debts, take a slap on the wrist punishment?

We all know that playing by the rules they can't be in the SPL or SFL1

but when did this lot ever play by the rules

Does anything else think that the threats and blackmail and the alleged loss of tv money are going

to frighten a lot of those clubs who have been saying No into saying Yes

We know that the SFA and SPL will make a mockery of themselves and their rules to make this happen

Just because things are wrong doesn't mean they won't happen

I hope i'm wrong

Rudolf's Mate

So have they come out and said that they require 15 votes to get them into the SFL? Where did the 7 votes against to have them out come from?

Turnbull Huttons quotes have been editied on the BBC Website since earlier today . CLEARLY remember reading this morning...

"What kind of game are we running? IT IS CORRUPT!"

Been edited to look like he's asking if it is corrupt!

Licence fee protest coming from me i think. :whistling:

STV have just shown him outside Hampden saying "It's corrupt."

Will the BBC show the same clip? Answers on a postcard.......!

peter_hmfc

Motherwell Society fans opinions on Newco.

Yes 18%

No 82%

mickmaroon

A wee thought. The bribe/threat to the SFL includes the introduction of playoffs for promotion/relegation 'tween SPL and SFL. Won't that need an SPL vote?

You must have missed something, Oldco cannot produce 3 years audited accounts and Newco is exactly that Newco. You cannot under the Companies Act transfer membership unless they meet the criteria!

yeah Oldco are in breach of the rules. They'll get a fine or something. Transferral of SFA membership is allowed for under the SFA Articles of Association - the section has been quoted on here previously. I don't think the Companies Act has anything much to do with this.

alwaysthereinspirit

It's not looking good, a clear out of the blazers at the SFA who have shirked their responsibility would be a step in the right direction but there will still be a few chairmen with dinosaur mentality.

As for Doncaster, has there ever been anybody as out of touch?

The blazers unfortunately are more deep rooted than even Newco. Jobs for life. I fear I'm out.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic