The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Jim Spence ?@bbcjimspence

Neil Doncaster about to start presentation to SFL.

Any gun shots?? ninja.gif

tartofmidlothian

Chris McLaughlin ?@BBCchrismclaug

#Rangers chairman Malcolm Murray apologises to Scottish football for the current mess.

peter_hmfc

Chris McLaughlin ?@BBCchrismclaug

#Rangers chairman Malcolm Murray apologises to Scottish football for the current mess.

We'll have an apology for the 20+ years of corruption and cheating now as well thanks. :thumbsup:

...a bit disco

Alison Robbie ?@AlisonRobbie Malcolm Murray: Rangers can't move forward until 'we have recognised how damaging to football the crisis at our Club has been.'

Cool, chief.

:down:

livingstonjambo

http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/newsitemsdetail.php?param=2076

There has been a good deal of press speculation in advance of tomorrow?s meeting of the SPL clubs with regard to how each club will cast their vote in relation to the newco Rangers application to join the SPL.

For avoidance of doubt, the club?s position remains as per the statement which was issued by the club on Monday 25 June confirming that the Club will not be supporting the application.

St Johnstone stil say GTF

Edited by livingstonjambo

Harry Palmer

Neil Doncaster tells sfl that Sky, Espn and sport 5 deals at threat as contracts require RFC in spl in 2013/14 value 17.35 mill

Incredible stuff.

Edited by Arnold

ToadKiller Dog

Alison Robbie ?@AlisonRobbie Malcolm Murray: Rangers can't move forward until 'we have recognised how damaging to football the crisis at our Club has been.'

Hmm a statement they should have made Publicaly on day one when they got there hands on Duff and Welts bargin basement Orclands rather than last chance saloon at meetings .

Cool, chief.

:down:

tartofmidlothian

Neil Doncaster tells sfl that Sky, Espn and sport 5 deals at threat as contracts require RFC in spl in 2013/14 value 17.35 mill

Rick Grimes

pack up the thread lads, they said 'sawwy"

Did they have their head slightly downcast, their hands clasped loosely behind their back & were they twisting their toe about in the dirt?

If not, no dice.

Would like to hear that statment from Sky ESPN and Sport 'who 5, if so that will be a few sky contracts being cancelled.

Streampro here we come!!

Incredible stuff.

The increase in interest in Scottish football that has been generated because of the whole farce going on at Rangers, should be used to increase the money for these broadcasting rights.

Any decent negotiator would be rubbing their hands at trying to get a new deal.

livingstonjambo

Incredible stuff.

Ideed it is, does that mean even if the were to be accepted into the SLF1 they must be promoted. Why even bother starting the season the :verymad:

ToadKiller Dog

I hope the SFL actually ask him to prove this claim with statements from Sky and Espn . It also gives us a year to sort out a new deal going by that if that is the snails words .

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

a threat, huh? does that mean they'll cancel? no, not really. does it mean they might seek to renegotiate? probably.

so, not actually putting ?17mil in danger is it. Doncaster is awful at this.

Did Neil Doncaster come up with a reason why the SFL clubs should give a flying **** about SPL contracts being at risk?

tartofmidlothian

Would like to hear that statment from Sky ESPN and Sport 'who 5, if so that will be a few sky contracts being cancelled.

Streampro here we come!!

I refer all concerned to my earlier post:

Cheers, Gasman.

So at the moment, the Old Firm as was get 15% each and the rest of us get 6%.

If/when Rangers go, we even up the voting system and vote in an even split, every team including Celtic gets 8.33%.

So the Sky deal could drop by 25% of its current value and each club in the league would still get a pro rata figure amounting to 6.25% of the old Sky deal.

In short - if Rangers go and Sky try to renegotiate the terms of their deal, the SPL could offer them viewing rights for 75% of the current total and every team bar Celtic would be better off.

Sky etc won't just walk away, and they probably accept that they'll lose viewers whatever happens. The above demonstrates that a Rangersless SPL and a fairer but reduced Sky deal could still very easily work to the advantage of most clubs.

super_vlad

These threats are a joke! If Neil Doncaster can not get a tv deal without rangers in the league he should leave right now (or kill himself)

I have a feeling these ***** will be in the spl next season!

a chance of a lifetime for real change in our game is spilling away every second!

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/109094-raith-director-we-are-being-bullied-and-lied-to-over-rangers-situation/

Raith Rovers director Turnbull Hutton says clubs in the Scottish Football League are being ?lied to, bullied and threatened? by the Scottish FA and Scottish Premier League in a ?corrupt? move to aid Rangers.

The 30 member clubs of the SFL are meeting at Hampden on Tuesday to discuss proposals which would see Charles Green?s newco parachuted into the First Division, as opposed to applying to enter at Third Division level.

A presentation sent out by the league to its members last week warned ?16m could be wiped out from the Scottish game if Rangers had to play in the bottom tier.

It promised an additional ?1m would be divided amongst clubs in TV money if the club were to participate in the First Division, with play-offs and a change to financial distribution also proposed.

The plans came as a result of extensive talks between the SFL, Scottish Premier League and Scottish FA. Hutton though insists clubs outside of the top flight are being ?railroaded?.

?It is not an SFL issue,? he said. ?We?ve been lumbered with this. There are rules we feel they should be followed. They [newco Rangers] should apply for the Third Division.

?[We are being] bullied, railroaded and lied to. We are being lied to by the Scottish FA and the SPL. We are being threatened and bullied. It is not football as I know it.

?It was a ridiculous document which came out last week whereby the threat was there that if you don?t vote for an acceptance into the First Division., a breakaway SPL2 will come along and those who didn?t vote wouldn?t be invited.

?What kind of game are we running here? It is corrupt.?

When asked if he agreed with the SFL?s assertion that Sccottish football would face financial meltdown without Rangers, he replied: ?I don?t believe that.?

Edited by Lovecraft

Are you absolutely sure about that? I'm pretty sure it was up each year & the below seems to confirm that.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/15824173

Agreed in 2009 so that would be 09/10, 10/11, 11/12 ?65M / 3 is ~?22M a yr.

This one is ~?16M a year. I know the article says the previous deal was 5 years but I don't think it was. Also if it was why would they up the amount they pay, two years early when they don't need too.

...a bit disco

Streampro here we come!!

Sport 5

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport_5

That's who!

I know it's only Wikipedia but no mention of SPL coverage?

Why doesn't one journo somewhere in Scotland go to Sky and ask them for a comment on the fact that Scottish football is being held to ransom because everyone is terrified the Sky contract implications are sooooooooo devasting for the future of so many clubs ie New Shiny Rangers & Sky is good. Anything else is financial Armegeddon.

Love to hear Sky's answer.

Love to see SSN spin this one.

These threats are a joke! If Neil Doncaster can not get a tv deal without rangers in the league he should leave right now (or kill himself)

I have a feeling these ***** will be in the spl next season!

a chance of a lifetime for real change in our game is spilling away every second!

Calm down. They still have no votes, and they are going to get rejected tomorrow. Even St. Johnstone put out a statement saying they are still voting No.

Optimus Prime

And if Rangers happened to be relegated?

I think the Raith Rovers chairman could well be right.

Raith Chairman on BBC Radio Scotland about quarter to one they stated. Should be interesting since he has accused Scottish fitba of being corrupt on the steps of Hampden already

Rick Grimes

I seriously think Neil Doncaster needs to see someone.

He is off his head.

An euthanatist, hopefully.

Edited by Rick Grimes

Streampro here we come!!

Nonsense, so Sky ESPN etc are going to alienate at least 65% of there customer base to save Rangers, it would be a PR disaster on the Ratners scale if this were true

Cheers, Gasman.

So at the moment, the Old Firm as was get 15% each and the rest of us get 6%.

If/when Rangers go, we even up the voting system and vote in an even split, every team including Celtic gets 8.33%.

So the Sky deal could drop by 25% of its current value and each club in the league would still get a pro rata figure amounting to 6.25% of the old Sky deal.

In short - if Rangers go and Sky try to renegotiate the terms of their deal, the SPL could offer them viewing rights for 75% of the current total and every team bar Celtic would be better off.

So for illustrative purposes only, and taking the Gasman?s figure of the OF currently getting 1/3 of the TV money:

Lets say the current deal may be ?10M pa:

OF receive 1/3 = ?3, 333,333

Other 10 clubs share ?6, 666,666 = ?666,666 each

Lets say the new deal drops by 25% to ?7.5 M pa

With the duopoly gone and an equitable distribution of finance, each club would receive 1/12 of ?7.5M = ?625,000

Major losers = Celtic

Hearts and others may lose circa ?41K pa ? a small price to pay.

No financial meltdown here!

The one thing the rest of the clubs would have to be alert to is celtic attempting to pull out of the TV deal in favour of broadcasting their own games through their own channel. Of course the other 11 could object to this on the basis that they do not agree to being filmed by celtic TV, unless of course the price was right.

Why doesn't one journo somewhere in Scotland go to Sky and ask them for a comment on the fact that Scottish football is being held to ransom because everyone is terrified the Sky contract implications are sooooooooo devasting for the future of so many clubs ie New Shiny Rangers & Sky is good. Anything else is financial Armegeddon.

Love to hear Sky's answer.

Love to see SSN spin this one.

Any actual quotes from SKY or ESPN have said that they would not walk away from Scottish football.

WHEN The New Rangers drop out of Scottish football, they will renegotiate the deals, as would be expected.

Diadora Van Basten

The 17m is before rangers and Celtic take 12m leaving 5m for the rest of Scottish football.

Raith Chairman Hutton says "we have been lumbered with this, there are rules that are to be followed. We have been lied to by SPL, SFL & bullied, I hope other clubs feel the samer way" just on Radio Scotland although I know reported earlier

Very Very Strong words says Liam McLeod

bean counter

Two things strike me

1) Why would the SFL be concerned about an SPL deal

2) What would have happened if Rangers had suffered some sort of complete collapse in form and were relegated. Would the SPL refuse to relegate them ?

Who makes these deals with conditions that they cannot guarantee

And if Rangers happened to be relegated?

I think the Raith Rovers chairman could well be right.

Or finish in the bottom half

how can the soon to be liquidated rangers be in any league.

M.K. huns can apply, rangers cease to exist. doncaster must D** along with regan and all the rest involved in this fiasco.

i'm on the verge of buying a large egg and saying farewell to soccer. i am well and truly disgusted with this whole thing, if i shake my head in disbelief any more its gonna fall off.

you would think SDM would have the decency to find a low walled bridge. his period i n scottish football is a disgrace

Quality comments from the Raith chairman. Nice to see someone with the balls to speak up and call it as it is.

Generic Username

Hang on. SPL contracts require Rangers to be in the top division at the beginning of 2013/2014 season? Who the funk wrote up those deals?

"Aye so it's fine to not have Rangers in the league during 2012/2013 but I tell you what, if they're out in 2013/2014 as well, then this here contract is getting put through the shredder."

Quite convieniant that isn't it, 2013/2014 - almost like it's designed to factor in Rangers having a year in the first division...

The whole thing stinks. Time for someone to punch Doncaster and co so hard that their bones turn to paste.

The Comedian

For brokering such a deal, based on no matter how unlikely events, he should be tarred and feathered.

There is a massive conflict of interest here. Allowing Rangers to do what they like with regards to regulations because they are integral to the SPL tv deal.

Doncaster should fall on his sword right now.

Two things strike me

1) Why would the SFL be concerned about an SPL deal

2) What would have happened if Rangers had suffered some sort of complete collapse in form and were relegated. Would the SPL refuse to relegate them ?

Who makes these deals with conditions that they cannot guarantee

Third thing - is Doncaster telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth? I doubt it very much.

Can anyone tell me in whose name Doncaster offered the bribes to the first division clubs to allow newco into div 1 ?

If 8 clubs rejected Rangers admission to the SPL, how could they support the bribe without conceding that they only voted no as a sop the the supporters - in the knowledge that newco would be back after 12 months. Sporting integrity my fat hairy arse :verymad:

So for illustrative purposes only, and taking the Gasman?s figure of the OF currently getting 1/3 of the TV money:

Lets say the current deal may be ?10M pa:

OF receive 1/3 = ?3, 333,333

Other 10 clubs share ?6, 666,666 = ?666,666 each

Lets say the new deal drops by 25% to ?7.5 M pa

With the duopoly gone and an equitable distribution of finance, each club would receive 1/12 of ?7.5M = ?625,000

Major losers = Celtic

Hearts and others may lose circa ?41K pa ? a small price to pay.

No financial meltdown here!

The one thing the rest of the clubs would have to be alert to is celtic attempting to pull out of the TV deal in favour of broadcasting their own games through their own channel. Of course the other 11 could object to this on the basis that they do not agree to being filmed by celtic TV, unless of course the price was right.

Several years ago, the English Rugby Union negotiated a deal with Sky to televise all of its home matches at Twickenham including the 6 nations. When the other countries found out, they told the RFU that their Sky deal was all fine and well, but they wouldn't be playing them in the 6 nations. In other words, you need two teams to play a game and if one of them doesn't turn up, you will get nothing from your TV deal.

This is the situation facing Celtic. They have no power here and will have to negotiate with the other clubs. The other clubs simply need to have the bottle to tell them that TV money is divided equally or there will be no deal at all.

Edited by Jambo66

Hang on. SPL contracts require Rangers to be in the top division at the beginning of 2013/2014 season? Who the funk wrote up those deals?

"Aye so it's fine to not have Rangers in the league during 2012/2013 but I tell you what, if they're out in 2013/2014 as well, then this here contract is getting put through the shredder."

Quite convieniant that isn't it, 2013/2014 - almost like it's designed to factor in Rangers having a year in the first division...

The whole thing stinks. Time for someone to punch Doncaster and co so hard that their bones turn to paste.

I was just about to post the same thing.

So not only must they get shoehorned into the First Division, they MUST get promoted.

Diadora Van Basten

Sky have already said they would not walk away but may wish to regotiate. Given that we get the crumbs from the table that is fine by me.

So the Dungcaster presentation will be the full monty words and all with the aid of "that" Powerpoint presentation which as far as I am aware has no not one and there never will be one...................................member of the SFL supporting it. In fact many members have rubbished it over the previous days.

Go on yersell you Donkeycaster you de man :thumbsup:

PortyJambo

Am I right in thinking that the number of SFL clubs who have announced support for The Rangers being in division one next year is still zero?

Hence the desperate attempts by Green to get the SPL to keep them in, assisted by succulent lamb munchers at the DR and Sun.

Rick Grimes

Agreed in 2009 so that would be 09/10, 10/11, 11/12 ?65M / 3 is ~?22M a yr.

This one is ~?16M a year. I know the article says the previous deal was 5 years but I don't think it was. Also if it was why would they up the amount they pay, two years early when they don't need too.

You're misreading it. It was ?65m over 5 years but they agreed an early extension which made it ?80m over the 5 years from the point of the extension.

Well you have to give Sky some credit. I'm sure the contract will say that If either of the OF drops out , the contract is financially affected. But then , you have to wonder why Sky thought that clause was so necessary to any TV deal. The SFA/SPL/SFL clearly never thought any thing would happen in this regard - hence all the rule changing , restructuring panic and general disregard for good governance.

Maybe Sky were more switched on than anyone ever realised - did they understand & acknowledge (in the TV contract) what was coming down the railway tracks in Rangers direction ?

bean counter

Third thing - is Doncaster telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth? I doubt it very much.

I doubt it as well.

When all this farce fails and the newco apply for Div 3 the Chairman of the SPL and the SFA must look at Doncasters conduct throughout the whole affair along with his previous conduct of agreeing contracts that he cannot deliver.

He must go

• Maple Leaf locked this topic