The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

The de stefano post is a worry as it shows the damage a loophole lawyer can do.

Given that our laws are drafted by regan and doncaster old firm apologists it doesn't bode well.

Giovanni di Stefano isn't a lawyer. He's a deluded ****stick.

...a bit disco

Doncaster's head on a plate?

large-166143%20NAT%20GIFT%20100GM%20SUCCULENT%20LAMB.jpg

Giovanni di Stefano isn't a lawyer. He's a deluded ****stick.

Quite right - he has no British legal qualification and states that he has some sort of Italian legal background (maybe one that can be bought on the internet) that gives him some sort of standing. Isn't he also an ex con?

Quite right - he has no British legal qualification and states that he has some sort of Italian legal background (maybe one that can be bought on the internet) that gives him some sort of standing. Isn't he also an ex con?

He is also thick as mince !

Tasavallan

When Sky pulled out of the SPL deal the first time did any club go bust - NO

When Sultana went insolvent did any club go bust - NO

But we have 6 clubs threatened now, why? Scaremongering, that's why.

Clubs will cut their cloth to suit and as has been shown by Oldco/Newco, the SPL/SFA will bend over backwards to assist.

...a bit disco

Sky Sports ?@SkySports Sky Sports understands Everton are set to win the race to sign Steven Naismith

Another club for Greeny to sue!

Wikipedia tells me that he's served time for fraud in Italy, Ireland and the UK. There's no evidence of him having any legal qualifications.

The Comedian

Wikipedia tells me that he's served time for fraud in Italy, Ireland and the UK. There's no evidence of him having any legal qualifications.

He's a real life Lionel Hutz.

Hagar the Horrible

Clubs will cut their cloth to suit and as has been shown by Oldco/Newco, the SPL/SFA will bend over backwards to assist.

Well technically Rangers did, albeit for stealing from the taxman, maybe their ugly sister will die too:-)

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Amid all this talk of clubs facing financial uncertainty, there are a handful of clubs who don't even know what division they'll be starting in, in just one month's time.

Hagar the Horrible

Sky Sports ?@SkySports Sky Sports understands Everton are set to win the race to sign Steven Naismith

and to add to the BBC, he will need a full time PA just to keep up with all the people he is going to sue

Think its fair to see their argument that if there is no Sky deal at all, ie no tv deal with any broadcaster, then yes at least 6 clubs would probably go under, including us. However if Doncaster hasn't had the 'what if' discussion with Sky then he hasnt been doing his job. Even if Sky cae back with a deal worth 50% of the proposed deal then most if not all clubs would mangae to survive if their fans wanted them to ie more of them turning up on a Saturday at 3pm.

We_are_the_Hearts

Patience people, it was never going to be easy punishing the vile institution that was Rangers. Slowly and surely all the pieces are falling in to place and Newco and their media monkeys are getting more desperate. Just hope everyone stays stron and not many fold at the last minute....

Yip http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11671/7862213/Toffees-to-land-Naismith its funny how he says these player are only doing this for financial reasons and makes out its not fair.

Well buying Ibrox Murray Park and the Albion car park for 5.5 million is okay :blink: but on top of all that he thinks that around 30 million pounds worth of players should also be part off the deal :whistling:

SEND STRAIGHT TO 3RD DIVISION DO NOT PASS GO DO NOT COLLECT ANY PRIZE MONEY :down:

colinmaroon

Voting Rangers out will be the end of the world apparently!!!

http://sport.stv.tv/...losing-rangers/

Charles Green says fans have to listen to the economics of ?financial meltdown for the whole world? as the SPL prepares to vote on allowing newco Rangers in or out of the top league.

Speaking at Ibrox Stadium, the chief executive of the company looking to continue the Rangers legacy following the liquidation of the club said he is speaking to the chairmen of SPL clubs to attempt to change their minds on voting no to the newco.

Green needs seven clubs, together with the vote for Rangers being cast by Duff and Phelps, to secure a membership transfer from the old Rangers FC Plc to his Sevco Scotland consortium.

Green said: ?I?m not convinced it?s just what I can say that will change their minds. I think chairmen have to listen to their fans but the fans have to listen to the economic reality, not just for football but for every business.

?This is financial meltdown for the whole world and football is not isolated from that position.

?Tomorrow is not a vote for ?Rangers out?, it could be a vote for other clubs to be closed down and that again is unfair that some fans would lose their clubs.?

Green, who backed his chairman Malcolm Murray?s statement apologising on behalf of Rangers for the turmoil engulfing the Scottish game, said that removing Rangers from the SPL would have long running effects on the game.

He is still holding out hope that the member clubs will allow the membership transfer.

Green added: ?It takes only a very, very short time to say yes but it will take an eternity to say no.?

No Charles it will take a very, very short time to say no and an eternity to stop laughing. :thumbsup:

Green is really, really loopey! :blink:

PS What % of TV money do the OF get from the SKY deal?

The Gasman

Because he said it at a meeting designed to pressure SFL clubs into taking Rangers into division one. Also, given that there would still be a TV deal of some sort, I'm curious why he feels it's relevant to speculate on the impact of having no TV deal at all, at the aforementioned meeting. The only reason I can think of is that he's trying to pressure clubs into supporting the Doncaster plan.

I understand what you're saying, and you may well be proven to be correct, but....

Regan has to speak for all of Scottish football, not just the SFL, or the SPL, and it seems (to me at least!) that he's made a statement of fact, no more, no less.

I'm certainly no SFA apologist, and no great fan of Regan, but I do feel that (in this particular instance) he's not said much wrong. Obviously with these things, the devil is in the detail (or Daily Record?) and I don't suppose we'll ever see a full transcript of the meeting, but I do think people are jumping down his throat (not you sir!) for something he may actually not have done.

Time will tell mate. :thumb:

I wonder why the media take this guy seriously - it really says a lot about the state of serious journalism in this country when quotes from a wee shyster like this are printed in the press as being worthy of anybody's consideration.

Think its fair to see their argument that if there is no Sky deal at all, ie no tv deal with any broadcaster, then yes at least 6 clubs would probably go under, including us. However if Doncaster hasn't had the 'what if' discussion with Sky then he hasnt been doing his job. Even if Sky cae back with a deal worth 50% of the proposed deal then most if not all clubs would mangae to survive if their fans wanted them to ie more of them turning up on a Saturday at 3pm.

No, it isn't fair, given that there would be some sort of TV deal. Saying however many clubs would go under (and they probably wouldn't go under permanently) in an unrealistic hypothetical scenario is blatant scaremongering.

Diadora Van Basten

I understand what you're saying, and you may well be proven to be correct, but....

Regan has to speak for all of Scottish football, not just the SFL, or the SPL, and it seems (to me at least!) that he's made a statement of fact, no more, no less.

I'm certainly no SFA apologist, and no great fan of Regan, but I do feel that (in this particular instance) he's not said much wrong. Obviously with these things, the devil is in the detail (or Daily Record?) and I don't suppose we'll ever see a full transcript of the meeting, but I do think people are jumping down his throat (not you sir!) for something he may actually not have done.

Disagree he had stated that 6 clubs will go bust.

I think that this is ridiculous scaremongering.

Diadora Van Basten

I wonder why the media take this guy seriously - it really says a lot about the state of serious journalism in this country when quotes from a wee shyster like this are printed in the press as being worthy of anybody's consideration.

The media are part of the problem.

Scottish football needs a new broom to sweep away rangers, tray nor, young, regan and Doncaster.

Also, there's this from Jim Spence, who's been one of the fairer journos in all of this:

Jim Spence ?@bbcjimspence

Up to 6 SPL clubs at risk according to Stewart Regan. Sounds like option being presented is first division or nothing

He seems pretty clear why Regan is pointing out that 6 clubs would be at risk under a totally hypothetical and unrealistic scenario.

colinmaroon

It's simply incredible. Some will say its always been this way, but the game won't ever be the same again. Can a team other than Celtic, in direct competition with Rangers at the top of the league, assume the full weight of the Scottish football establishment is against them? Well, they'd better.

What would have happened to those six clubs if Rangers had gone bust in 1985? Ah, you say, but it's different now, there's so much more money in the game. So, eh, that's the reason why six clubs will go under? More money? Okay then. The model is spectacularly broken. What is the point in rebuilding exactly the same way?

Also, I'm glad the clubs are in charge of this. We have 41 league clubs in Scotland and the opposition to Rangers has been almost unanimous. Maybe the rebel 39 can breakaway and start their own league. Sevco and Celtic can play each other 38 times and Kilmarnock players can be the ball boys. :)

The logic of your argument is inescapable but, according to Doncaster, we fans don't understand!!!

He is a condescending balloon!

Dear Grima,

Contrary to your condescending attitude to Scottish football fans, there are thousands who DO understand and many, many who are superior to you in intelligence, business acumen, vision and integrity.

The point is Mr Wormtongue, YOU don't understand!

Yours sincerely

An "idiot" Scottish Fotball Fan who has forgotten more than you'll ever learn!

WTF?

"RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB MUST BE SAVED"DEVILS ADVOCATE GIOVANNI DI STEFANO TELLS UEFA

By OnlinePubCo | Posted 15 hours ago | LONDON In a letter to UEFA President Michel Platini the Devil?s Advocate Giovanni Di Stefano, himself one time owner of three football clubs that played in UEFA Championships, states that ?Rangers Football Club must be allowed to play continuous football at the same level they have played since 1873.?

Di Stefano severally criticizes the Scottish Football Association and the Scottish Premier League as having themselves violated UEFA Statutes since 1975 and that UEFA must consider ?the club known as Rangers Football Club and the company Rangers Football Club Ltd as two separate entities.?

Di Stefano equates the proposed sanctions to Rangers Football Club the same as executing an innocent person.

In an article published by his Online Publishing Company Di Stefano delineates carefully various UEFA Statutes that the SFA, SFL and the SPL have all violated and asks if it is right that those who break the law should sit in judgement on others?

Rangers FC have a fan base of slightly fewer than 5,000,000 worldwide whilst the population of Scotland is registered in 2012 at 5,222,100. Di Stefano points out to Michel Platini that one of the UEFA Statutes confers on the various national associations the obligation of taking into consideration the views of the supporters.

In a carefully worded statement today David Longmuir the CEO of the SFA has confirmed that the feelings of the Rangers clan will be taken into consideration. Walter Smith a Scottish football legend has slammed the SFA for acting ?negligently? over the Rangers affair.

Di Stefano points out that officially Rangers Football Club Limited is still in administration and as such the only sanction that can or should be considered is a point deduction. The SFA have no powers to consider expelling the team from the Premier League.

An unusual champion fighting the Rangers corner since Di Stefano was once a Director of Dundee FC that itself fell afoul of the SFA and was relegated to the 1 Division where it has remained.

?Dundee FC will be back in top class football in the season 2013/14? stated Di Stefano.

As for Rangers Football Club all Di Stefano would say was that ?no one can ignore its supporter base almost equal to the population of Scotland. A lot of political votes involved. If the Government can bail out a bank why should it not at worst put money into a club that was formed a year before its national association.?

Who can or dare argue with the Devil?s Advocate?

READ THE FULL ARTICLE ON http://eturnkeysec33...t/active_id/822

No, I mean really........WTF?

everyones really slow about this nutcase.i posted about him 2 days ago

Green is really, really loopey! :blink:

PS What % of TV money do the OF get from the SKY deal?

Of course it's not what the OF get officially. It's done by position. Currently it's split like this more or less.

1. 17%

2. 15%

3. 10%

4. 8%

5. 7%

6. 6%

7. 5.5%

8. 5%

9. 4.5%

10. 4%

11. 3.5%

12. 3%

Plus 0.75% regardless of position.

italian courts say he isnt registered and hasnt ever been with them

colinmaroon

Pro Rangers!

Simples!

Harry Palmer

Chris McLaughlin ?@BBCchrismclaug

#SFL meeting continues at Hampden. Source tells me that members advised 16 of the 30 clubs are needed to vote newco #Rangers into Div 1.

No #SFL vote expected today. Members could agree to call EGM though which would take place next week.

Edited by Arnold

italian courts say he isnt registered and hasnt ever been with them

Keep up. This was already answered upthread.

To be fair, I don't think anyone takes Giovanni di Stefano seriously - not even Traynor is that daft.

Bah no tomo on TV tonight cos he's away to Moray.

New blog coming though.

I was thinking earlier that they might pull the Campbell Ogilvie story anyway. It would seem a bit of a strange story to run today given everything else that's going on but you never know. C4 news like having a different angle on things.

To think I was worrying last night that Hearts were going to be dragged into the Rangers mess. Good of Tomo to put my mind at rest this morning: "Hearts fans: relax, our story today isn't bad news for your club."

Also, there's this from Jim Spence, who's been one of the fairer journos in all of this:

Jim Spence ?@bbcjimspence

Up to 6 SPL clubs at risk according to Stewart Regan. Sounds like option being presented is first division or nothing

He seems pretty clear why Regan is pointing out that 6 clubs would be at risk under a totally hypothetical and unrealistic scenario.

Of course "up to six" could be anything between zero and six. My money would be nearer zero.

Who are these 6 clubs at risk??? The numbers really don't add up. I suppose a bit of transparency is too much to ask for :rolleyes:

I thought before that some people were being drama Queens threatening to not go back etc. but the longer this goes on the more I am coming round to that viewpoint. Anything other than Rangers entering at Division 3 level (at best)and the games a bogey. There really is no point.

Edited by moogsy

kingantti1874

they are saying only 16 of the 30 need to vote the huns into div 1... so now it's a simple majority...What a ******* joke

Drumelzier

#SFL meeting continues at Hampden. Source tells me that members advised 16 of the 30 clubs are needed to vote newco #Rangers into Div 1. No #SFL vote expected today. Members could agree to call EGM though which would take place next week.

So it's a straight majority then,thought they needed 23, might be a game changer :verymad:

No, it isn't fair, given that there would be some sort of TV deal. Saying however many clubs would go under (and they probably wouldn't go under permanently) in an unrealistic hypothetical scenario is blatant scaremongering.

Think that is what I said.

bean counter

#SFL meeting continues at Hampden. Source tells me that members advised 16 of the 30 clubs are needed to vote newco #Rangers into Div 1. No #SFL vote expected today. Members could agree to call EGM though which would take place next week.

I thought they needed 23. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable can clarify

Meanwhile Bomber and the goalie continue to look after the fans season ticket money. :whistling:

post-4522-0-06166100-1341327555_thumb.jpg

Keep up. This was already answered upthread.

i`m soooooo f****** sorry i answered something from a previous page because i hadnt read the following one,i know the problem my posting has caused the meltdown of the whole thread ,but in my defense" i dont care" but will kid on i do if i will be accepted back to my previous unblemished standing.if i`m accepted i will post another non apology and everyone else will be allowed 1 million posts as compensation and a fairer share of posting credits

jambovambo

So it's a straight majority then,thought they needed 23, might be a game changer :verymad:

Why would teams below Div 1 vote newco into Div 1 ?

Cut The Crap

they are saying only 16 of the 30 need to vote the huns into div 1... so now it's a simple majority...What a ******* joke

They are making it up as they go along. :thumbsup:

I'm actually feeling more inclined to say "sod it" to Scottish football whatever the outcome here. And to apologise to Vlad for ever having doubted his word that the Scottish game is rotten to the core.

Why would teams below Div 1 vote newco into Div 1 ?

Depends how much cash they're offered.

#SFL meeting continues at Hampden. Source tells me that members advised 16 of the 30 clubs are needed to vote newco #Rangers into Div 1.

So that will be a no then. :rolleyes:

Division 3 it is.

I really don't get how the SPL is run. The season will start in one month and they are still don't know where teams will be playing. Why do they need another week to make the vote?

If it his confirmed that Rangers will not play in the SPL will they promote a team to replace them already? If so who?

where's this 16 figure come from? Thought it was 22? Not that they'll get 16 yes votes anyway, but anything they makes it easier concerns me.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic