The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Jambof3tornado

I fear that you are 100% on that and, therefore, am concerned that Regan will back SFL1.

Hope I'm wrong!

Regan can back what he wants,he doesn't even get a vote!

To be honest rangers fans have the most twisted logic known to man and should be ignored in any serious debate.

That's not to say I dont find them entertaining on radio phone ins but it's only for their delusional thick as mince statements which I have to admit leave me speechless.

The problem with most of them is they listen to "Rangers men" the majority of whom are former players who have not a scooby doo what's going on !! More to the point this is why Murray and Whyte got away with what they did.....basically they told them what they wanted to hear and they lapped it up !

colinmaroon

Regan showed his cards today and he is just another old firm apologist.

Sadly, it's beginning to look like that is true.

Shame, I had hoped that Regan would get it right.

The fans aren't going to be happy but, we know that Doncaster doesn't give a flying Yorkshire pudding about us - because we're too thick to understand the situation.

jambovambo

Craig McGill?@craigmcgill

RT @SkyScot: Sky sources: SPL Chief exec Neil Doncaster's plan for #rangers 1st division re-entry badly received by SFL chairmen at meeting

Hagar the Horrible

Coat now on a shoogally peg

James Matthews ?@SkyScot

Sky sources: SPL Chief exec Neil Doncaster?s plan for #rangers 1st division re-entry ?badly received? by SFL chairmen at meeting

Diadora Van Basten

Something dodgy is up here, green tells the players they will be in division one then regan tells us 6 clubs out of business and Doncaster 17. 35 million lost unless rangers in division one.

bean counter

Pretty sure that Dundee said they would abstain, and that Dunfermline were opposed to Rangers going into the first division.

Well that makes 8 against and 2 abstentions meaning a maximum of 20 for therefore the Vote fails.

kingantti1874

I fear that you are 100% on that and, therefore, am concerned that Regan will back SFL1.

Hope I'm wrong!

he's not wrong, too many people falling for the sfa good guy act, and to date they have done nothing..where are they with the transfer ban issue...they make better noises but be under no illusion their optimal outcome aligns with that of Doncaster...they want rangers back asap...the statement this morning was meaningless given they had no chance of plating next season anyway - if they had said it 6 weeks ago maybe.

kingantti1874

RT @SkyScot: Sky sources: SPL Chief exec Neil Doncaster's plan for #rangers 1st division re-entry badly received by SFL chairmen at meeting

Actually, light years are used to measure distance, not time.

NerdThumbsUp.jpg

Thank you Sheldon Cooper :thumbsup:

SFL chairmen now having lunch apparently.

I wonder what's on the menu ? :whistling:

Can humble pie be succulent?

Jambof3tornado

Todays other shock news water is wet and the pope is catholic and bears do in fact crap in the woods!

...a bit disco

Jamie Borthwick ?@jamiekborthwick Charles Green says fans need to listen to the finances ahead of newco vote (video interview)

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/109115-charles-green-fans-should-listen-to-the-economics-of-losing-rangers/

Is that right?

Feck you Charlie Green.

Edited by ...a bit disco

Voting Rangers out will be the end of the world apparently!!!

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/109115-charles-green-fans-should-listen-to-the-economics-of-losing-rangers/

Charles Green says fans have to listen to the economics of ?financial meltdown for the whole world? as the SPL prepares to vote on allowing newco Rangers in or out of the top league.

Speaking at Ibrox Stadium, the chief executive of the company looking to continue the Rangers legacy following the liquidation of the club said he is speaking to the chairmen of SPL clubs to attempt to change their minds on voting no to the newco.

Green needs seven clubs, together with the vote for Rangers being cast by Duff and Phelps, to secure a membership transfer from the old Rangers FC Plc to his Sevco Scotland consortium.

Green said: ?I?m not convinced it?s just what I can say that will change their minds. I think chairmen have to listen to their fans but the fans have to listen to the economic reality, not just for football but for every business.

?This is financial meltdown for the whole world and football is not isolated from that position.

?Tomorrow is not a vote for ?Rangers out?, it could be a vote for other clubs to be closed down and that again is unfair that some fans would lose their clubs.?

Green, who backed his chairman Malcolm Murray?s statement apologising on behalf of Rangers for the turmoil engulfing the Scottish game, said that removing Rangers from the SPL would have long running effects on the game.

He is still holding out hope that the member clubs will allow the membership transfer.

Green added: ?It takes only a very, very short time to say yes but it will take an eternity to say no.?

No Charles it will take a very, very short time to say no and an eternity to stop laughing. :thumbsup:

Jambof3tornado

Coat now on a shoogally peg

James Matthews ?@SkyScot

Sky sources: SPL Chief exec Neil Doncaster?s plan for #rangers 1st division re-entry ?badly received? by SFL chairmen at meeting

Like it a lot.

Tommy Wiseau

If 6 SPL clubs rely on Rangers to stay alive, and TV deals rely on individual clubs to be in the league, the game is already dead. Pack up and go home. I don't believe the first one is true, I can quite believe that the second is.

This isn't an American franchise league FFS. How can they make those guarantees? Presumably they would just restructure the league if Rangers ever finished bottom? :rolleyes:

The fact this is even still going on shows we are finished - imagine this had been Hearts? We'd already be in the fixture list for the SFL3 and be glad that we had been voted in. The arrogance is beyond comprehension and for the media and the AUTHORITIES to be perpetuating it is nothing short of disgusting. Hopefully the SFL chairmen tell them where to go.

Edited by Tommy Wiseau

Maple Leaf

It would be nice if Reagan would name the 6 SPL clubs he says are in danger, so that their chairmen had a chance to give a response to his assertion.

Unless he does, it's just more scaremongering from desperate people.

Voting Rangers out will be the end of the world apparently!!!

Charles Green says fans have to listen to the economics of ?financial meltdown for the whole world? as the SPL prepares to vote on allowing newco Rangers in or out of the top league.

Speaking at Ibrox Stadium, the chief executive of the company looking to continue the Rangers legacy following the liquidation of the club said he is speaking to the chairmen of SPL clubs to attempt to change their minds on voting no to the newco.

Green needs seven clubs, together with the vote for Rangers being cast by Duff and Phelps, to secure a membership transfer from the old Rangers FC Plc to his Sevco Scotland consortium.

Green said: ?I?m not convinced it?s just what I can say that will change their minds. I think chairmen have to listen to their fans but the fans have to listen to the economic reality, not just for football but for every business.

?This is financial meltdown for the whole world and football is not isolated from that position.

?Tomorrow is not a vote for ?Rangers out?, it could be a vote for other clubs to be closed down and that again is unfair that some fans would lose their clubs.?

Green, who backed his chairman Malcolm Murray?s statement apologising on behalf of Rangers for the turmoil engulfing the Scottish game, said that removing Rangers from the SPL would have long running effects on the game.

He is still holding out hope that the member clubs will allow the membership transfer.

Green added: ?It takes only a very, very short time to say yes but it will take an eternity to say no.?

No Charles it will take a very, very short time to say no and an eternity to stop laughing. :thumbsup:

Who needs Jack Bauer when Charles Green :blink: is around :down:

Edited by jambosrbarry

Hope I'm wrong!

According to Jim Spence, Regan was coming out with the all the SPL clubs will go bust chat at the SFL meeting today. I think it's pretty clear which side he's on.

Hagar the Horrible

Its all saved now

GIOVANNI DI STEFANO ?@DEVILSADVOKAT

I WILL LATER TODAY PUBLISH MY LETTER TO THE SPL/SFA/SFL re Rangers FC

Brave Hearts

All this pontification about ?16m loss and 6 clubs under threat with no supporting evidence is sounding similar to how Blair used scare mongering and bullying as tactics to force through the WMD/45 mins/Iraq invasion justification.Typical behaviours and approach of self-centered bullies who lie and spout their doctrine that is full of hyprocritical and conflicting information to confuse and baffle everyone so they eventually have their situation 'accepted'. Same approach here with the hun-cheats and the sycophantic sleazy mutton media.

All say no, say no to oldco and newco

Edited by Brave Hearts

jambovambo

Its all saved now

Crikey - I thought you were kidding.

It would be nice if Reagan would name the 6 SPL clubs he says are in danger, so that their chairmen had a chance to give a response to his assertion.

Unless he does, it's just more scaremongering from desperate people.

The whiff of desperation from people like Reagan and Doncaster is quite stunning. I thought that these were suposed to be bona fide professionals - instead we find that they are little more than the panicing puppets of the Old Firm. Root and branch refeorm of Scottish football is now urgently required and I only hope that the SPL and SFL teams with the good of the game here at heart stand together and flush this corrput cabal out of the game here for good. This is a once in a life time chance to crush these people and their odious agenda. Take it and the game here will flourish - don't and watch it wither and die.

Rick Grimes

... which is what makes @rangersmeltdown (the guy who is collating the most extreme RFC fan tweets)quite entertaining ...

I wonder who he is.... :teehee:

(nb, no me!)

jambovambo

rangers meltdown?@rangersmeltdown

How can UEFA sit back and let us be punished by a vindictive association

A classic.

jambovambo

alex thomson?@alextomo

Scramble at Hampden - some reporters leaving because of "plane crash in Moray Firth"

Eeek

Hagar the Horrible

All this pontification about ?16m loss and 6 clubs under threat with no supporting evidence is sounding similar to how Blair used scare mongering and bullying as tactics to force through the WMD/45 mins/Iraq invasion justification.Typical behaviours and approach of self-centered bullies who lie and spout their doctrine that is full of hyprocritical and conflicting information to confuse and baffle everyone so they eventually have their situation 'accepted'. Same approach here with the hun-cheats and their syphocantic sleazy mutton media.

and that intelligence came from a taxi driver in Bhagdad, yet a UK taxi driver will be proved to be more informed than the Discredited Record.

Mind you Blair knew about the WMD because he sold them to Saddam

the SFA knew about the EBT's because some ex Rangers employees might have had one too? erhmm

The Gasman

So Regan has apparently claimed that with no TV deal (loss of ?17.5m) six SPL clubs could be "at risk" next season...?

He may well be right..! :blink:

I think he's probably right... :peepwall:

That's very very different from him saying that Sevco should be allowed into the 1st Division - so why is everyone suddenly claiming 2+2=5..?

Just asking likes... :ninja:

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

If 6 SPL clubs rely on Rangers to stay alive, and TV deals rely on individual clubs to be in the league, the game is already dead. Pack up and go home. I don't believe the first one is true, I can quite believe that the second is.

This isn't an American franchise league FFS. How can they make those guarantees? Presumably they would just restructure the league if Rangers ever finished bottom? :rolleyes:

The fact this is even still going on shows we are finished - imagine this had been Hearts? We'd already be in the fixture list for the SFL3 and be glad that we had been voted in. The arrogance is beyond comprehension and for the media and the AUTHORITIES to be perpetuating it is nothing short of disgusting. Hopefully the SFL chairmen tell them where to go.

It's simply incredible. Some will say its always been this way, but the game won't ever be the same again. Can a team other than Celtic, in direct competition with Rangers at the top of the league, assume the full weight of the Scottish football establishment is against them? Well, they'd better.

What would have happened to those six clubs if Rangers had gone bust in 1985? Ah, you say, but it's different now, there's so much more money in the game. So, eh, that's the reason why six clubs will go under? More money? Okay then. The model is spectacularly broken. What is the point in rebuilding exactly the same way?

Also, I'm glad the clubs are in charge of this. We have 41 league clubs in Scotland and the opposition to Rangers has been almost unanimous. Maybe the rebel 39 can breakaway and start their own league. Sevco and Celtic can play each other 38 times and Kilmarnock players can be the ball boys. :)

Given 6 SPl clubs gave publicly stated their opposition to them in the SPl, that leaves 5 others, unless there are other clubs who'll go bust but are voting for them to go anyway.

No way Ross county go bust without Rangers, they've never played SPL. Celtic? Hardly. They'll suffer but no that much in the grand scheme.

So 3, maybe, in danger of admin. A price we have to live with.

Its all saved now

It's an interesting question - if you were Rangers, would you prefer to have the support of renowned fascist Nick Griffin or noted lunatic Giovanni di Stefano? Thankfully for all true Sevco fans, it appears they don't have to make that choice, as they can have both.

So Regan has apparently claimed that with no TV deal (loss of ?17.5m) six SPL clubs could be "at risk" next season...?

That's very very different from him saying that Sevco should be allowed into the 1st Division - so why is everyone suddenly claiming 2+2=5..?

Begs the question whats the point in a vote - just let Sky decide who they want in the league.....then we can all get on with it.

jambovambo

alex thomson?@alextomo

Scramble at Hampden - some reporters leaving because of "plane crash in Moray Firth"

Eeek

Colin Wight?@CWightBBC

Two RAF aircraft have crashed in the Moray Firth. The incident happened shortly before two clock.

...a bit disco

WTF?

"RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB MUST BE SAVED"DEVILS ADVOCATE GIOVANNI DI STEFANO TELLS UEFA

By OnlinePubCo | Posted 15 hours ago | LONDON In a letter to UEFA President Michel Platini the Devil?s Advocate Giovanni Di Stefano, himself one time owner of three football clubs that played in UEFA Championships, states that ?Rangers Football Club must be allowed to play continuous football at the same level they have played since 1873.?

Di Stefano severally criticizes the Scottish Football Association and the Scottish Premier League as having themselves violated UEFA Statutes since 1975 and that UEFA must consider ?the club known as Rangers Football Club and the company Rangers Football Club Ltd as two separate entities.?

Di Stefano equates the proposed sanctions to Rangers Football Club the same as executing an innocent person.

In an article published by his Online Publishing Company Di Stefano delineates carefully various UEFA Statutes that the SFA, SFL and the SPL have all violated and asks if it is right that those who break the law should sit in judgement on others?

Rangers FC have a fan base of slightly fewer than 5,000,000 worldwide whilst the population of Scotland is registered in 2012 at 5,222,100. Di Stefano points out to Michel Platini that one of the UEFA Statutes confers on the various national associations the obligation of taking into consideration the views of the supporters.

In a carefully worded statement today David Longmuir the CEO of the SFA has confirmed that the feelings of the Rangers clan will be taken into consideration. Walter Smith a Scottish football legend has slammed the SFA for acting ?negligently? over the Rangers affair.

Di Stefano points out that officially Rangers Football Club Limited is still in administration and as such the only sanction that can or should be considered is a point deduction. The SFA have no powers to consider expelling the team from the Premier League.

An unusual champion fighting the Rangers corner since Di Stefano was once a Director of Dundee FC that itself fell afoul of the SFA and was relegated to the 1 Division where it has remained.

?Dundee FC will be back in top class football in the season 2013/14? stated Di Stefano.

As for Rangers Football Club all Di Stefano would say was that ?no one can ignore its supporter base almost equal to the population of Scotland. A lot of political votes involved. If the Government can bail out a bank why should it not at worst put money into a club that was formed a year before its national association.?

Who can or dare argue with the Devil?s Advocate?

READ THE FULL ARTICLE ON http://eturnkeysec33...t/active_id/822

No, I mean really........WTF?

Edited by ...a bit disco

Rick Grimes

What on earth are you wittering about you fool?

Because he said it at a meeting designed to pressure SFL clubs into taking Rangers into division one. Also, given that there would still be a TV deal of some sort, I'm curious why he feels it's relevant to speculate on the impact of having no TV deal at all, at the aforementioned meeting. The only reason I can think of is that he's trying to pressure clubs into supporting the Doncaster plan.

WTF?

"RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB MUST BE SAVED"DEVILS ADVOCATE GIOVANNI DI STEFANO TELLS UEFA

By OnlinePubCo | Posted 15 hours ago | LONDON In a letter to UEFA President Michel Platini the Devil?s Advocate Giovanni Di Stefano, himself one time owner of three football clubs that played in UEFA Championships, states that ?Rangers Football Club must be allowed to play continuous football at the same level they have played since 1873.?

Di Stefano severally criticizes the Scottish Football Association and the Scottish Premier League as having themselves violated UEFA Statutes since 1975 and that UEFA must consider ?the club known as Rangers Football Club and the company Rangers Football Club Ltd as two separate entities.?

Di Stefano equates the proposed sanctions to Rangers Football Club the same as executing an innocent person.

In an article published by his Online Publishing Company Di Stefano delineates carefully various UEFA Statutes that the SFA, SFL and the SPL have all violated and asks if it is right that those who break the law should sit in judgement on others?

Rangers FC have a fan base of slightly fewer than 5,000,000 worldwide whilst the population of Scotland is registered in 2012 at 5,222,100. Di Stefano points out to Michel Platini that one of the UEFA Statutes confers on the various national associations the obligation of taking into consideration the views of the supporters.

In a carefully worded statement today David Longmuir the CEO of the SFA has confirmed that the feelings of the Rangers clan will be taken into consideration. Walter Smith a Scottish football legend has slammed the SFA for acting ?negligently? over the Rangers affair.

Di Stefano points out that officially Rangers Football Club Limited is still in administration and as such the only sanction that can or should be considered is a point deduction. The SFA have no powers to consider expelling the team from the Premier League.

An unusual champion fighting the Rangers corner since Di Stefano was once a Director of Dundee FC that itself fell afoul of the SFA and was relegated to the 1 Division where it has remained.

?Dundee FC will be back in top class football in the season 2013/14? stated Di Stefano.

As for Rangers Football Club all Di Stefano would say was that ?no one can ignore its supporter base almost equal to the population of Scotland. A lot of political votes involved. If the Government can bail out a bank why should it not at worst put money into a club that was formed a year before its national association.?

Who can or dare argue with the Devil?s Advocate?

READ THE FULL ARTICLE ON http://eturnkeysec33...t/active_id/822

No, I mean really........WTF?

I wondered when that slezzy wee shyster would put in his tuppenced worth. Obviously one of Greens dodgy pals!

Heres what Lego thinks of Charles Green. :thumbsup: " Charles Green is a man the Royal Bank of Scotland will not deal with. Charles Green is not a man of probity. Charles Green is not a man of integrity. Charles Green is a proven liar and does not have a reputation to protect or to lose "

Its nice to see them turning on each other now :lol: :lol: :lol:

Diadora Van Basten

All this pontification about ?16m loss and 6 clubs under threat with no supporting evidence is sounding similar to how Blair used scare mongering and bullying as tactics to force through the WMD/45 mins/Iraq invasion justification.Typical behaviours and approach of self-centered bullies who lie and spout their doctrine that is full of hyprocritical and conflicting information to confuse and baffle everyone so they eventually have their situation 'accepted'. Same approach here with the hun-cheats and the sycophantic sleazy mutton media.

Well said exactly the same guff going on here.

Pathetic little men trying to get their way at any cost.

Edited by Sandi

tartofmidlothian

He has a Traynor-like understanding of this whole Newco thing, doesn't he?

Correct. Having been promoted into Rangers' old place the season before.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Doncaster is basically saying a woman and her four kids should stay with an abusive husband because he supports them financially. Most people would disagree with that, as have over 90% of our clubs. It's just real life in microcosm - a few bellends being kept in check by a majority of ethically sound folk. :)

Diadora Van Basten

The de stefano post is a worry as it shows the damage a loophole lawyer can do.

Given that our laws are drafted by regan and doncaster old firm apologists it doesn't bode well.

What on earth are you wittering about you fool?

Charlie Boy is the one who is facing financial armageddon right now. That is for sure.

No players (what player "assets" he had have all fecked off) , no place to play (as yet) , no cash (toiling to get ?2.6 million out of his newly appointed bankers).

Not much chance of a quick profit at Ibrox now, certainly not in Div3.

I think he'll spontaneously combust any day now.

Diadora Van Basten

Heres what Lego thinks of Charles Green. :thumbsup: " Charles Green is a man the Royal Bank of Scotland will not deal with. Charles Green is not a man of probity. Charles Green is not a man of integrity. Charles Green is a proven liar and does not have a reputation to protect or to lose "

Its nice to see them turning on each other now :lol: :lol: :lol:

And yet the sfa will consider him a fit and proper person

alex thomson?@alextomo

Eeek

It is an RAF plane unfortunately

I was really hoping it was Charles Greens helicopter on his tour of the SPL clubs starting at Ross County and working his way south

The de stefano post is a worry as it shows the damage a loophole lawyer can do.

Given that our laws are drafted by regan and doncaster old firm apologists it doesn't bode well.

Seriously, you would be best just to ignore what he said. They are ramblings without the remotest basis in fact or law.

SFL chairmen now having lunch apparently.

I wonder what's on the menu ? :whistling:

Doncaster's head on a plate?

• Maple Leaf locked this topic