The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

I P Knightley

Is that good or bad ? i.e. is an abstention the same as a NO vote ?

Do we even know the voting rules yet ?

They need positive YES votes.

The count is of those with voting rights; not those who choose to vote.

Abstensions and NO votes count equally against them.

Rick Grimes

:rolleyes: outed

In all seriousness though, you're correct. They have no right to a league place anywhere in the set-up. Its not necessarily that they should wait in a queue though, they should put together an application for Div 3 membership and see how it stacks up against the competition.

Francis Albert

What are you talking about?

He's talking about Traynor's latest piece of crap, quoted above.

Suggestion by the clubs (or Traynor?) trying to get clubs who have said they will vote no to change their minds to switch to a secret ballot so the latter will find it easier to do the decent thing, change their minds and vote yes to save Rangers and Scottish football. They really are desperate now.

Francis Albert

Actually it's worth less. It was made out it was worth more but as it's over more years it's actually worth less per year.

Yes classic bit of Doncaster spin to make it out a better deal.

Doncaster's brilliant tactic of telling the world the "product" is only worth anything because of four games worked a treat.

Felix Lighter

In very crude figures the Old Firm get one third of the TV money, and the "remaining" ten clubs get an average of just over six percent each... :blink:

So effectively, if Sky renegotiated the deal at 33% less than the deal currently on the table, then celtic would be forced to accept an equal split of the cash under the new voting system and the 'diddies' would only be marginally worse off than they are now?

He's talking about Traynor's latest piece of crap, quoted above.

Suggestion by the clubs (or Traynor?) trying to get clubs who have said they will vote no to change their minds to switch to a secret ballot so the latter will find it easier to do the decent thing, change their minds and vote yes to save Rangers and Scottish football. They really are desperate now.

I'm aware of Traynor's latest piece of turd-journalism. I'm wondering why people are leaping from desperate, dishonest hack makes up pile of shite about some SPL clubs having a chat about Rangers to definite, confirmed OF-led breakaway. It's nuts.

The weegia are getting desperate

Absolutely. I think I may just quote this post every time someone gets outraged by the latest piece of shite they publish.

Francis Albert

Funniest bit for me is the part where he says Green has a helicopter on stand by.

Wonder if its the most succulent helicopter?

The old helicopter fetish. Doncaster claims the SPL is one of the most competitive leagues in football because we regularly have these "helicopter Sundays".

Probably tipped Green (and/or Traynor) just to mention a helicopter and everything would be fine.

Edited by Francis Albert

Seymour M Hersh

Surely that would classify them as a Phoenix company and creditors could chase them also, all very confusing.

Just die already.

Personally I think keeping the name rangers in any newco name would constitute a Pheonix company. I'm biased though! :thumbsup:

Jambof3tornado

Yes classic bit of Doncaster spin to make it out a better deal.

Doncaster's brilliant tactic of telling the world the "product" is only worth anything because of four games worked a treat.

Damages the game more every day he is allowed to remain in post.

Francis Albert

I'm aware of Traynor's latest piece of turd-journalism. I'm wondering why people are leaping from desperate, dishonest hack makes up pile of shite about some SPL clubs having a chat about Rangers to definite, confirmed OF-led breakaway. It's nuts.

Fair enough.

Rick Grimes

If you think today is bad then wait until tomorrow after the SFL have kicked them into touch. I'm pretty confident we'll be told a no vote by the SPL will the re-animation of the zombie corpse of Hitler who will march across Scotland eating the brains of everyone's first born child. Succulent brains.

Stuart Lyon

If the Newco & Celtic had no one to play against would Sky be interested - I don't think so. Therefore any TV money should be shared equally. You could argue the same for shared gate money. 40 to 50K of Huns and Tims turn-up because there is a team to play against.

Edited by Stuart Lyon

This is really pathetic.

In saying this, they're admitting that they have something to apologise for but are saying that they won't actually apologise unless everyone else does them a favour.

I'd be embarrassed if my 6 year old were to behave in such a petulant way. For a 60-odd year old "straight talking" Yorkshireman to be doing so it just utterly ridiculous.

It's like a man found guilty saying to the judge: "If you give me a few hours community service instead of sending me to prison then I promise I'll say sorry for being a naughty boy."

Seymour M Hersh

There's no corruption like a sevco corruption

No not one and there never shall be one!!

Other clubs may pay their bills and taxes

Other clubs maybe do not cheat

Buth there's no corruption like a sevco co corruption

No not one and there never shall be one.

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Hagar the Horrible

The OF currently get 32% of TV money, they wanted 36% not there is no Rangers perhaps the top 12 clubs should all get 8.3% each, that would be an increase by 2% for most clubs and a cut of Celtics average of 7.7% which would keep them in line with everybody else and perhaps make for a stronger overall league

Hagar the Horrible

Chris McLaughlin ?@BBCchrismclaug

Gordon McDougal of Livingston FC says there?s a growing feeling that #Rangers newco should go to division 3. #SFL

On steps of Hampden, Raith Rovers chairman Turnbull Hutton says the game is corrupt. Says he?s been lied to, threatened and bullied. #SFL

Live feeds from the SFL

Hagar the Horrible

sounds like there will be an EGM

Brechin City statement

The Management Committee of Brechin City FC will refrain from issuing any public comment on the current situation in respect of Rangers FC until after the meeting of all 30 SFL clubs at Hampden Park on Tuesday 3rd July.

The Club Chairman and Vice Chairman will attend the Club meeting to gather information, contribute to the discussion and debate on the day. It is important to note that no vote will take place at the meeting but information will be provided for Club?s to take back to their boards and committees. The Committee?s intention will be to discuss these proposals in full at the next management committee on Thursday of this week and at the members AGM on 11th July before they are put to the vote at an EGM of the Scottish Football League. Anyone who cannot attend the AGM and who wishes to forward a view can do so by email to [email protected].

This is without doubt an unprecedented time in Scottish football, and it is of paramount importance that any decision must be in the best interests of the game as a whole, but should in the first instance protect the well being and future of Brechin City Football Club.

Hagar the Horrible

Dunfermline and East Fife say Rangers to go to 3rd, B.Rangers abstaining for now

Seymour M Hersh

Totally!

Won't take a stance against them as they fear for their personal safety and know that sales would drop off by 50% or maybe more. Wankstains the lot of them in weegia .

Hagar the Horrible

James Matthews ?@SkyScot

One senior 1st div figure tells me he favours a #Rangers year-out, then re-apply

Hagar the Horrible

Dunfermline and East Fife say Rangers to go to 3rd, B.Rangers abstaining for now

Stirling and Stranraer agree

tartofmidlothian

Jim Spence ?@bbcjimspence

Neil Doncaster about to start presentation to SFL.

Harry Palmer

:jjyay:

Damages the game more every day he is allowed to remain in post.

Blame the clubs then. Any suggestion he's coming up with all this nonsense of his own volition is ridiculous. He us an administrator, he does what the clubs tell him.

Celtic and Rangers being the lead payers for the piper.

They aren't getting this through, and I suspect that the EGM will not happen/will be cancelled once Doncaster gets out his abacus and realises that, yet again, he's come up with a cunning plan, but hasn't got the votes to get it passed. I'm guessing that there will be no reconstruction before this year, and The Rangers will win the vote for the vacancy in division three. It will be interesting to see what happens though, especially if the vote on who to admit is a secret ballot.

tartofmidlothian

In very crude figures the Old Firm get one third of the TV money, and the "remaining" ten clubs get an average of just over six percent each... :blink:

Cheers, Gasman.

So at the moment, the Old Firm as was get 15% each and the rest of us get 6%.

If/when Rangers go, we even up the voting system and vote in an even split, every team including Celtic gets 8.33%.

So the Sky deal could drop by 25% of its current value and each club in the league would still get a pro rata figure amounting to 6.25% of the old Sky deal.

In short - if Rangers go and Sky try to renegotiate the terms of their deal, the SPL could offer them viewing rights for 75% of the current total and every team bar Celtic would be better off.

Hagar the Horrible

Nt voting is as ggod as a NO vote

Airdrie and Dundee will not vote when vote takes place on the issue of Newco

Am I right in thinking that the number of SFL clubs who have announced support for The Rangers being in division one next year is still zero?

I'm not really keeping up with / paying attention to, the stories in the papers but has the Sun ever reported that the Sky would walk away or is is just the Record claiming this?

Not that journalists are known to be 'men of their word' but I wouldn't have thought the Sun would do any speculation about this, as they would have access to the definitive answer

That's quite a leap - News International own a large part of Sky but I don't see why they would give a Sun journalist access. I'd guess if Sky were to want to go public they might give the exclusive to The Sun, but I can't see why a journo would have access to Sky confidential information taken down in London - unless they are up to their old tricks with mobiles again!!

The only thing certain in all this is that whatever you read in the Scottish tabloids has consistently been proven to be pash. I don't know why anyone would believe anything they read in those rags.

Am I right in thinking that the number of SFL clubs who have announced support for The Rangers being in division one next year is still zero?

:thumbsup: That's my understanding.

Hagar the Horrible

:thumbsup: That's my understanding.

despite the desperation of the discredited Record, so far there has not been one public statement in support of Newco

Killie have shown discord but so far not indicatted their intention publically.

Celtic being the COWARDS they are will be trying to manipulate behind the scenes, but their light will fade once the new Football Dawn starts

Football Spring! we are on the verge of getting our game back from the unwashed

Francis Albert

Blame the clubs then. Any suggestion he's coming up with all this nonsense of his own volition is ridiculous. He us an administrator, he does what the clubs tell him.

Celtic and Rangers being the lead payers for the piper.

I think if you say "the clubs" meaning Rangers and Celtic you may have a point. But as Chief Executive and, with Topping, 2 out of 5 votes on the SPL Board (with Celtic, 3 making a controlling vote) I think you understimate his powers. And some of the idiocies he comes up with or contributes to (the silly powerpont presentation) are surely his own unique contribution. The OF, whatever else you say about them, did a great job stitching up Scottish football for well over a century. Doncaster's arrogance and incompetence has at least made a contribution to it all unravelling.

Francis Albert

... can't be true. Surely we'd have read it in the Record. :)

So Rangers will apologise if they are allowed back into the SPL. Does that mean that they will not apologise if they are not allowed in?

Rangers will agree to fairer distribution of income if they are allowed back into the SPL. But not a fair distribution?

Rangers would agree to a change in the voting structure if allowed back into the SPL. Surely the other clubs could change this more easily without Rangers?

Edited by CMc

Francis Albert

:jjyay:

The final nail in Rangers coffin.

I think they believe that the Daily Record fives team gets a vote, and that SFL clubs don't.

Especially with Traynor being an Aidrie fan

Rick Grimes

James Matthews ?@SkyScot

One senior 1st div figure tells me he favours a #Rangers year-out, then re-apply

By far the most sensible solution for all parties.

Hagar the Horrible

So Rangers will apologise if they are allowed back into the SPL. Does that mean that they will not apologise if they are not aloud in?

Rangers will agree to fairer distribution of income if they are allowed back into the SPL. But not a fair distribution?

Rangers would agree to a change in the voting structure if allowed back into the SPL. Surely the other clubs could change this more easily without Rangers?

An appology being part of the sanctions, forcing that is now seen as a punishment? whats the use of their lame "Im Sorry" in any case, unless it comes from SDM

Harry Palmer

STV Sport ?@STVSport

Rangers newco chairman Malcolm Murray has apologised "for the distress, disruption and difficulty inflicted" by club

Cool, everything is sorted now lads.

Chaka Demus & pliers

On steps of Hampden, Raith Rovers chairman Turnbull Hutton says the game is corrupt. Says he?s been lied to, threatened and bullied. #SFL

Just thought this should be noted again

I think if you say "the clubs" meaning Rangers and Celtic you may have a point. But as Chief Executive and, with Topping, 2 out of 5 votes on the SPL Board (with Celtic, 3 making a controlling vote) I think you understimate his powers. And some of the idiocies he comes up with or contributes to (the silly powerpont presentation) are surely his own unique contribution. The OF, whatever else you say about them, did a great job stitching up Scottish football for well over a century. Doncaster's arrogance and incompetence has at least made a contribution to it all unravelling.

Oh, I mean the OF alright. Celtic are pulling the strings, no question IMO.

However, Doncaster would have been subject of a no confidence vote if there wasn't significant support for his actions.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic