The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

The Gasman

So the whole point of this meeting is to have the vote. People have been asking how clubs will vote. Alot of clubs have come out and said how they will vote. So results are there for all to see already.

Now the SFA state there will be no vote, and want to address the clubs.

Corruption anyone.

The SFL's meeting was not called with any specific proposal to be put to the clubs, and so was never going to be voting on anything. The SFA have no powers to dictate to clubs whether they should be voting on something, or not. This SFL meeting was only ever called at the request of their members, to discuss the ongoing situation, so i wouldn't be at all surprised if they've invited someone along from the SFA (after all, they are the sport's governing body in Scotland) to answer questions.

Nothing's changed, no conspiracy here.

Barney Rubble

Membership to the SPL automatically bestows membership to the SFA. I believe this is why they are trying so hard to get in; not for the Sky deal but because they know that they won't get in anywhere else if they don't

Ahhhhhhhh! so its SPL or bust for sevco 5088 gotcha . :thumbsup:

Jambof3tornado

No vote today as an egm needs called to do any voting of this nature.

But it will be good if Doncaster pisses them off enough to make it quite clear they will not allow hunco utd onto the 1st division and that they must apply for a vacant slot at the bottom.

Tbf, there's nothing for them to vote on as yet. Newco do.t have member or league status and oldco still officially an SPL club.

Really... I was under the impression for about the last 3 weeks or so that tomorrows meeting was about the vote. My expectation would be that the SFA/SPL would have given Green a dead line to provide his newco plan and get to registrations in order for the vote to happen. If deadline has not been met then Newco can no longer apply for this season due to time.

Seems a bit odd, as we all know the result of the vote, but going through the motions makes it official.

The Gasman

Can someone explain to me how Sevco 5088 can play in the spl or the 1st division or the 3rd division without the required minimum 3 years audited accounts cause im toiling with this one ? i think they would snap the hands off the SfL to start in div 3 as all this snash about needing them is an attempt to pull the wool over everyones eyes regarding the rules of the game in this country .

3 years audited accounts +

3 years rising through the leagues = :davebp:

Their application to the SFA may be to transfer the existing membership from Rangers to Sevco 5088, rather than a new application.

As Rangers are in breech of their current licence conditions, and a transfer would bring all OldCo's "baggage" over to NewCo, a transfer is not necessarily an easy way out for them.

jamboinglasgow

Their application to the SFA may be to transfer the existing membership from Rangers to Sevco 5088, rather than a new application.

As Rangers are in breech of their current licence conditions, and a transfer would bring all OldCo's "baggage" over to NewCo, a transfer is not necessarily an easy way out for them.

So by transfering membership, the SFA can punish newco Rangers.

if their still rangers history intact etc, then they pay the 100m + debts, accept the penalties for cheating/admin/liquidation if not, they are nothing more than history.

if they are a new entity without the history etc, they need 3 years accounts to apply.

them's the rules. all this greyness is just more cheating.

East Fife have their say....

http://eastfifefc.info/latestnews/623-statement-re-newco

East Fife FC want to make clear our views on the current ?Newco? situation as it relates to SFL membership. We have taken into account the views of over 500 of our supporters who responded to our survey.

We retain an open mind on the subject of league reconstruction, and will carefully consider any proposal put to us in this regard. The board of directors of East Fife FC, however, is unanimous in its view that we shall not support any integrated plan that in our view compromises sporting integrity by involving the admission of any ?Newco? directly into Division One. Any ?Newco? must follow the normal application route into the bottom tier.

Sid Collumbine

Chairman, East Fife FC

Surely that would classify them as a Phoenix company and creditors could chase them also, all very confusing.

Just die already.

The SFL's meeting was not called with any specific proposal to be put to the clubs, and so was never going to be voting on anything. The SFA have no powers to dictate to clubs whether they should be voting on something, or not. This SFL meeting was only ever called at the request of their members, to discuss the ongoing situation, so i wouldn't be at all surprised if they've invited someone along from the SFA (after all, they are the sport's governing body in Scotland) to answer questions.

Nothing's changed, no conspiracy here.

Okay.... Just dont understand why there has been so much talk about votes and clubs giving statements about how they will vote.

Really think the SFA are backing them selves in a corner time wise. 32 days and their are 4 or more clubs that don't know where they will play? ermm.gif

The Gasman

Really... I was under the impression for about the last 3 weeks or so that tomorrows meeting was about the vote. My expectation would be that the SFA/SPL would have given Green a dead line to provide his newco plan and get to registrations in order for the vote to happen. If deadline has not been met then Newco can no longer apply for this season due to time.

Seems a bit odd, as we all know the result of the vote, but going through the motions makes it official.

The meeting of the SFL Clubs is for discussion only, as they do not have a formal proposal to vote on.

The meeting of the SPL Clubs is to vote on whether or not to allow Rangers to transfer their SPL membership share directly to Sevco 5088. The members were formally notified of this proposal, in writing, 14 days ago. No other proposal can be voted on at this meeting, as it would also require 14 days notice.

You're getting mixed up mate. No surprise, There's a lot going on.

SPL meeting tomorrow will have a vote on their attempt to transfer SPL share to newco.

SFL meeting today has no vote as there is nothing to vote on as yet.

May one-six

This 'Sky will pull out of Scottish football' is complete tosh. The company's business model is based around Sky Sports and, latterly, Sky Atlantic. It would be madness for them not to strike a deal with the SPL - the argument is that they'd ignore every other potential punter in Scotland simply because the Huns aren't there. It's baloney. There will be a deal. It won't be as much as before but, depending on how the cash is divvied out, the non-Ugly clubs might not lose that much. In any case they should be able to adjust.

Let's face it, the DR is simply acting as Sevco's public relations outfit. They've been played all along in this saga (anyone remember old Traynor saying that there's no way McCoist can work with Green?)

The Gasman

So by transfering membership, the SFA can punish newco Rangers.

In theory the SFA can add any preconditions they want, to a new application for membership, or to an application to transfer an existing membership. In practice they may face legal challenges if they put in any preconditions not specifically mentioned in their Rules and Articles of Association.

Edited by The Gasman

The Gasman

You're getting mixed up mate. No surprise, There's a lot going on.

SPL meeting tomorrow will have a vote on their attempt to transfer SPL share to newco.

SFL meeting today has no vote as there is nothing to vote on as yet.

Much better put than I was managing. :thumb:

There will be a deal. It won't be as much as before but, depending on how the cash is divvied out, the non-Ugly clubs might not lose that much. In any case they should be able to adjust.

Why would the deal be any less than it currently is?

The new deal is worth more than the current one.

Even with the lack of Rangers it's worth a similar value to the current deal since Sky have indicated (with their new deal) that the value of the SPL has gone up in their view?

Edited by Mysterion

The Gasman

Even with the lack of Rangers it's worth a similar value to the current deal since Sky have indicated (with their new deal) that the value of the SPL has gone up in their view?

Eh...? :blink:

You can't just start talking common sense, and using sound commercial logic like that - it doesn't fit in with what the Weegia are telling us, and it makes them look biased and incompetent.... :huh:

Behave yourself, just cause you're right, it doesn't give you the authority to contradict James Traynor.... :unsure:

Harry Palmer

James Cook ?@BBCJamesCook

Turnbull Hutton of Raith Rovers says they?ve been lied to, threatened and bullied over Rangers. Says the game is corrupt.

:spoton:

You're getting mixed up mate. thumbsup.gif No surprise, thumbsup.gif There's a lot going on. thumbsup.gif

SPL meeting tomorrow will have a vote on their attempt to transfer SPL share to newco. thumbsup.gif

SFL meeting today has no vote as there is nothing to vote on as yet. thumbsup.gif

Thanks, you posted 5 true statements! unsure.gif

Turnbull Hutton of Raith Rovers says they?ve been lied to, threatened and bullied over Rangers. Says the game is corrupt.

Same old Sevco :thumbsup:

The Old Tolbooth

I'm now actually wanting the whole shooting match to come tumbling down like a pack of cards, I reckon Scottish football needs to collapse totally and start again, it's absolutely rotten from top to bottom, even Rangers fans are wondering why the people who pretend to run our game are trying to do them so many favours when they know they've done so much wrong, or at least the decent ones are.

Tasavallan

I'm Sevco till I die.

I'm Sevco till I die.

I'm deid.

tartofmidlothian

Jim Spence rubbished this in a twitter last night .

What did he say?

Rick Grimes

I'm now actually wanting the whole shooting match to come tumbling down like a pack of cards, I reckon Scottish football needs to collapse totally and start again, it's absolutely rotten from top to bottom, even Rangers fans are wondering why the people who pretend to run our game are trying to do them so many favours when they know they've done so much wrong, or at least the decent ones are.

As much schadenfreude as that might be, we really don't need Scottish football to implode. We just need everyone to stand firm for another 48 hours as the final massive push is put on by NewHun et al. Once we've booted them out it'll be a much simpler process to start clearing out the rotten apples and making meaningful change to the game.

If it crashes down completely then you know who'll be at the centre of rebuilding it.

tartofmidlothian

I like Turnbull.

if their still rangers history intact etc, then they pay the 100m + debts, accept the penalties for cheating/admin/liquidation if not, they are nothing more than history.

if they are a new entity without the history etc, they need 3 years accounts to apply.

them's the rules. all this greyness is just more cheating.

not for entry to SPL.

tartofmidlothian

This 'Sky will pull out of Scottish football' is complete tosh. The company's business model is based around Sky Sports and, latterly, Sky Atlantic. It would be madness for them not to strike a deal with the SPL - the argument is that they'd ignore every other potential punter in Scotland simply because the Huns aren't there. It's baloney. There will be a deal. It won't be as much as before but, depending on how the cash is divvied out, the non-Ugly clubs might not lose that much. In any case they should be able to adjust.

Let's face it, the DR is simply acting as Sevco's public relations outfit. They've been played all along in this saga (anyone remember old Traynor saying that there's no way McCoist can work with Green?)

Does anybody know how much more the Sky deal gives to the OF (deceased) than the rest of us as a percentage? I'm thinking, take the old Rangers' share and the share Celtic would lose by accepting as much as everyone else, and that's a lot of money to go round the other eleven clubs.

As a group, the SPL would be a little worse off if the Sky deal was decreased at any point, but it would have to plummet before the other eleven weren't getting a fairer deal.

i cant understand what most of these clubs are on about, east fife, stirling albion, stranraer, hamilton etc.

statements start with, we sympathise with their situation as we've recently struggled with the same scenario blah, blah, blah.

this is all wrong, wrong, wrong. as far as i'm aware none of them cheated to win trophies and none of them EXPECT to keep said trophies as if nowt happened.

rangers havn't just fell on hard times as we're being lead to believe, they CHEATED. pumping them into the 3rd division, where any other liquidated club would have to apply for a position, will still not save the integrity of scottish football. as long as the huns exist our football will always be tainted with the stench of corruption.

A breakaway group of SPL clubs! Celtic, Rangers, Kilmarnock?

Secret ballot! Celtic trying to hide something from their fans perhaps?

Stinks to high heaven.

jack D and coke

We just need to stay strong for another 48 hrs and Scottish football could well be on the verge of a bright new era minus one of its evil and ugly dictators. Id be beyond raging if they somehow managed to slither back in somewhere. No deals. No compromises. Get to division 3 ya bawbags or the game is truly over in this country.

A breakaway group of SPL clubs! Celtic, Rangers, Kilmarnock?

Secret ballot! Celtic trying to hide something from their fans perhaps?

Stinks to high heaven.

What are you talking about?

Turnbull Hutton is showing some real strength here. Hopefully it can be sustained and will continue to challenge those who have wrecked the game. :thumbsup:

yvonnejambo

i cant understand what most of these clubs are on about, east fife, stirling albion, stranraer, hamilton etc.

statements start with, we sympathise with their situation as we've recently struggled with the same scenario blah, blah, blah.

this is all wrong, wrong, wrong. as far as i'm aware none of them cheated to win trophies and none of them EXPECT to keep said trophies as if nowt happened.

rangers havn't just fell on hard times as we're being lead to believe, they CHEATED. pumping them into the 3rd division, where any other liquidated club would have to apply for a position, will still not save the integrity of scottish football. as long as the huns exist our football will always be tainted with the stench of corruption.

Exactly! It's the point I try to get over on a daily basis to the deluded and gullible. They can't compare themselves to clubs who have went into administration or liquidation as they have all been solely on financial hardship NOT constant cheating and tax evasion

If it is established that Rangers bought Wallace whilst knowing they were trading insolvent then it's deep do dah for Whyte.

Cheers for that. Don't suppose their is a timescale on when we'll get to find this out?

The Gasman

Does anybody know how much more the Sky deal gives to the OF (deceased) than the rest of us as a percentage? I'm thinking, take the old Rangers' share and the share Celtic would lose by accepting as much as everyone else, and that's a lot of money to go round the other eleven clubs.

As a group, the SPL would be a little worse off if the Sky deal was decreased at any point, but it would have to plummet before the other eleven weren't getting a fairer deal.

In very crude figures the Old Firm get one third of the TV money, and the "remaining" ten clubs get an average of just over six percent each... :blink:

May one-six

Don't know the percentages, but they were taking the lion's share.Am only assuming the deal might not be the same because it's been reported that there is a clause where Sky can re-negotiate if there is a major change to the product they're buying. Losing the Huns is a major change but there's no way Sky will walk away from Scottish football. And the SPL clubs that are left needn't necessarily miss out. In other words, the DR report is pure speculative gash.

The Gasman

Exactly! It's the point I try to get over on a daily basis to the deluded and gullible. They can't compare themselves to clubs who have went into administration or liquidation as they have all been solely on financial hardship NOT constant cheating and tax evasion

Bang on there YJ. :thumb:

Sevco 0558 having to apply for membership of the SFA, and of the SPL or SFL, is as a direct consequence of actions deliberately taken by Rangers.

It is not a punishment....!

The only punishment they have "suffered" to date, is the fine of ?160,000 - and they haven't even paid that..! :mad:

I'm not really keeping up with / paying attention to, the stories in the papers but has the Sun ever reported that the Sky would walk away or is is just the Record claiming this?

Not that journalists are known to be 'men of their word' but I wouldn't have thought the Sun would do any speculation about this, as they would have access to the definitive answer

Harry Palmer

Turnbull Hutton is showing some real strength here. Hopefully it can be sustained and will continue to challenge those who have wrecked the game. :thumbsup:

Given what a lot of the SFL clubs have been saying when going into todays meeting, it would suggest that there is some solidarity in the view that newco need to apply at the bottom like any other club wishing to gain entry to the SFL.

With the SPL also at the meeting and SFL clubs looking for clarity about what is happening (re shitey dossier), I would guess that it might become a little 'heated.'

Pity the next few days meetings weren't televised, it would make for compulsive viewing. Maybe they could have had phonelines for voting yes or no, think of the money that would have been raised. Would save us from 'complete financial meltdown!' :teehee:

Actually it's worth less. It was made out it was worth more but as it's over more years it's actually worth less per year.

without going over 767 pages of all of this and presuming its been noted somewhere, but why does most people seem to say the club formerly known as Rangers now "The Rangers" aka Servco 0558 should start at the bottom tier of Scottish football is a given.

Never mind playing in the SPL or Div 1 of the SFl they should be absolutely delighted to be given the opportunity to play in div 3 of the SFL given there has to be clubs who have applied and failed previously i.e Gala and Spartans.

Now I know it may be wishfull thinking that we can keep this tidal wave of Rangers sympathisers at bay forever but the matching tidal wave of feeling from fan after fan and club after club that opposes this riddiculous proposal set out in last weeks document and the scaremongering involved should result in the rules being applied and not tweaked.

On that basis they should not play in div 3 but should apply and wait there place in the queue behind others end of story.

We have got them by the baws and should not forget this despite all the posturing and bully boy tactics.

Edited by Heartbeat

ritchies75

Airdrie and Dundee will not vote when vote takes place on the issue of Newco - Jim Spence

GuitarJambo

Airdrie and Dundee will not vote when vote takes place on the issue of Newco - Jim Spence

abstinations will be counted as no votes.

Is that good or bad ? i.e. is an abstention the same as a NO vote ?

Do we even know the voting rules yet ?

Rick Grimes

without going over 767 pages of all of this and presuming its been noted somewhere

Lazy *******.

Rick Grimes

abstinations will be counted as no votes.

Maybe.... they're not even sure what the required percentage vote is. They may decide to make it a percentage of positive/negative votes and discount abstentions entirely.

Given what a lot of the SFL clubs have been saying when going into todays meeting, it would suggest that there is some solidarity in the view that newco need to apply at the bottom like any other club wishing to gain entry to the SFL.

With the SPL also at the meeting and SFL clubs looking for clarity about what is happening (re shitey dossier), I would guess that it might become a little 'heated.'

Pity the next few days meetings weren't televised, it would make for compulsive viewing. Maybe they could have had phonelines for voting yes or no, think of the money that would have been raised. Would save us from 'complete financial meltdown!' :teehee:

Thing is, for the ?smaller? clubs, they are quite rightly only concerned with their own situation. They operate on a shoestring, which to be honest isn?t going to become any less if the OF suddenly disappeared.

In fact it must really piss them off when they see all the glory hunting OF coach trips departing from their small towns every Saturday/Sunday whenever.

Let?s face it, the ONLY clubs facing potential financial ramifications (if any, in truth) are the SPL clubs and it?s their problem, no-one else?s.

The lower teams know no-one would bat an eyelid to help them and in Rangers? case (r.i.h -rot in hell) there?s a past history of the absolute opposite of ?help?, really why should David help Goliath.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic