The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Just wondering what the logic is from an SFA perspective of not allowing them into the SPL but accepting them in SFL Division 1.

It would make more sense if the SFA were saying "The other SPL have made it clear they won't vote for newco Rangers, therefore..."

But if Regan is saying the SFA will not allow them to play in the SPL, why is it OK for them to play in any league in Scotland?

But he hasn't actually said that (yet) has he.

Surely we can only take what he has said. We need to hear the whole thing from start to finish on the radio but more likely on youtube later, courtesy of the Raith Rovers FC Chairman Turnbull Hutton

Regans statement is meaningless because they weren't getting into the SPL anyway

Fixed that for you.

Diadora Van Basten

surely a good start would be for them to apply for and obtain membership of the SFA?

I do worry about the wording of the statement as he is basically confirming what we already know.

Are we getting a good cop regan bad cop Doncaster routine to try and shoe horn rangers into the first division?

If the man had any shame or honour, he'd have resigned. As it is, he'll be quietly shuffled off shortly after this is all over.

Other than that, they could have sped up the glacial pace of the SPL investigation into dual contracts but as the body of appeal they've done a pretty good job of having a hand on the tiller without prejudicing any future legal challenges. I'd say most of the stick they get comes from people being unable to distinguish between thre SPL & SFA. (Not saying that includes you! :))

I agree, I think the SFA have been pretty good over the whole thing.

But, they should have stamped down quicker and firmer before it ever got to this stage.

The SFA are ultimately in charge, and should have been seen to be before now. I also think Regan has come across very well during the whole thing.

I'd love to know exactly what Regan said to the SFL today. Also, I think saying the SFA have done a very good job so far is very generous. They've had rules which are totally inadequate to deal with the situation, and have failed to give any useful guidance or lead to the clubs. They look good because they are less hopeless than Doncaster and the SPL.

Summed up perfectly.

Rick Grimes

I'd love to know exactly what Regan said to the SFL today. Also, I think saying the SFA have done a very good job so far is very generous. They've had rules which are totally inadequate to deal with the situation, and have failed to give any useful guidance or lead to the clubs. They look good because they are less hopeless than Doncaster and the SPL.

:lol:

I'm totally willing to concede that point!

The person that posted it is based in Linz, Austria, and they are presumably one hour ahead of UK time.

Thanks for that I feel so much better now :thumbsup:

I also assume that the Austrian Football Association is light years ahead of the Scottish version(s).

Regan plays the game much better than Doncaster - he can see which way the tide is turning, and adjusts accordingly. That doesn't mean he's always on the side of the angels.

The jury is out on Regan for me. His contributions whilst dealing with the RFC-RIP fiasco have been mixed.

I'll say this:

Regan and the SFA have given all 11 SPL clubs a massive favour and he should be lauded for it. By stating that the SFA will oppose/prevent Sevco playing in the SPL he has prevented clubs from experiencing a massive backlash from various groups of supporters.

Put aside the "dancing on Rangers grave" stuff just now

- this SFA move is significant in protecting clubs from an exodus of paying customers and they should be lauded for it :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited by Mysterion

The reason is has been dragged out is because everybody thought that it was a given that The New Rangers would swan back into the SPL.

Harry Palmer

Jim Spence ?@bbcjimspence

Up to 6 SPL clubs at risk according to Stewart Regan. Sounds like option being presented is first division or nothing

:really:

I also assume that the Austrian Football Association is light years ahead of the Scottish version(s).

At least 60 minutes.

tartofmidlothian

Up to 6 SPL clubs at risk according to Stewart Regan. Sounds like option being presented is first division or nothing

:lol: I'm not racing you Arnold, honestly. Just posting them as I see them.

Edited by tartofmidlothian

The SFA / SPL thing makes no sense.

You have Regan appearing to play a straight bat - upholding the rules and upholding sporting integrity.

Then he tacitly supports the utter horse shit coming out of Donkeycasters mouth (by not contradicting/gagging him). He doesnt criticise or ask that the ridiculous powerpoint be withdrawn.

I can only think the SFA and SPL want the same thing but are playing this bad cop good cop role.....very badly.....

I P Knightley

Hope you have a smug greggy face on when you tell Traynor that, Jim.

Edit - begs the question though, why haven't the SFA told the SPL that and stopped any reason for a vote tomorrow?

This is a very good point and echoes one I made a few days ago bemoaning the abysmal leadership shown by the guys at the top.

There has been a frenzy of rumours, lies, suppositions and half-truths; many of which would have been nipped in the bud had the SFA made their policies clear.

It's been fun watching but, equally, has been very frustrating.

Up to 6 SPL clubs at risk according to Stewart Regan. Sounds like option being presented is first division or nothing -- Jim Spence (@bbcjimspence)

I'm far too slow!

Edited by kram

Sorry but what relevance is this to SFL?

6 SPL clubs go bust that leaves 6 spaces for SFL clubs to fill.

Keep posting... thumbsup.gif

The jury is out on Regan for me. His contributions whilst dealing with the RFC-RIP fiasco have been mixed.

I'll say this:

Regan and the SFA have given all 11 SPL clubs a massive favour and he should be lauded for it. By stating that the SFA will oppose/prevent Sevco playing in the SPL he has prevented clubs from experiencing a massive backlash from various groups of supporters.

Put aside the "dancing on Rangers grave" stuff just now

- this SFA move is significant in protecting clubs from an exodus of paying customers and they should be lauded for it :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Not when it's part of an effort to ram Rangers into the first division, he hasn't.

Feck it feck it

If you are going bust without Rangers just fecking go bust - even if that includes Hearts.

If 6 SPL clubs went into administration everything in Scottish football would have be changed anyway most likely for the better, so lets just get to it.

Rick Grimes

Actually, light years are used to measure distance, not time.

NerdThumbsUp.jpg

Jim Traynor is a fat prick.

I'm unconvinced that this is totally authentic.

If Newco is unable to get back into the SPL after one season out of it and 6 SPL clubs go to the wall as a result, then Scottish footballl is completely f####d anyway.

The choice is simple - do we want a competition or make believe?

I will say it again; if there is a stich up, I will never attend another Scottish football match.

Harry Palmer

Keith Downie ?@STVkeith

Charles Green tells STV he's spoken to a number of SPL Chairmen in the past 48 hours, as he aims to change their minds ahead of tomo's vote. Charles Green also followed Chairman Malcolm Murray's lead by apologising for Rangers past misdemeanours ahead of tomorrow's SPL vote.

I suppose we should accept it and rollover, it seems to be sincere and I'm certain they wouldn't do anything bad again. :rolleyes:

kingantti1874

Regans statement would be good but it should read that sfa expect rangers to apply for scottish league membership

But that's not what they want sandi...U suspect the punchline hasn't arrived yet

Feck it feck it

If you are going bust without Rangers just fecking go bust - even if that includes Hearts.

If 6 SPL clubs went into administration everything in Scottish football would have be changed anyway most likely for the better, so lets just get to it.

Correct. Consign this shower of bstards to history and get on with it.

Feck it feck it

Agreed, get your own house in order and don't rely on other teams to help you out - Gers can GTF... Im raging that its taking so long.... Out or Div 3..... FTH

Regan plays the game much better than Doncaster - he can see which way the tide is turning, and adjusts accordingly. That doesn't mean he's always on the side of the angels.

Going to quote myself. Not often I post something that comes true quite so quickly. Looks like SFA and SPL are singing from the same hymnsheet now.

kingantti1874

Come on Celtic, finish this lot.

your kidding...they are pulling doncasters and Reagan strings here

So 6 clubs go bust if Rangers don't get into the First.

How many clubs go bust if they do, due to not having any fans?

Edited by Lovecraft

If Newco is unable to get back into the SPL after one season out of it and 6 SPL clubs go to the wall as a result, then Scottish footballl is completely f####d anyway.

I will say it again; if there is a stich up, I will never attend another Scottish football match.

I'm beginning to fear the worst now...

No SPL but ............................................

Or alternatively if every club is going to take a circa ?500k hit (which I dont believe) then each clubs fan groups should open a hardship fans fund to help the club.

If a fan paid an average of ?50 into his teams fund it would likely help save the club.

I know times are tough for folks but if a fan cant put ?50 into an account to save his club....well.....

Come on Celtic, finish this lot.

You think Celtic are opposed to the Doncaster/Regan plan?

Up to 6 SPL clubs at risk according to Stewart Regan.

That will be sorted once we are able to distribute TV money more evenly between all SPL clubs.

No chance the SPL clubs will change their minds, even after this ridiculous attempt to pretend to be sorry.

There is a stitch-up, but they don't have the votes to force it through at this stage.

You think Celtic are opposed to the Doncaster/Regan plan?

If they don't want to lose a huge chunk of their support they will be.

I P Knightley

Neil Doncaster only interested in the money from Sky.

Our game is finished.

Sporting integrity?

Why cant journalists pull Doncaster uip and say this is nor acceptable.

Rangers can do anything and get away with it.

As long as we have 4 old firm games every season.

Regan saying the SFA wont let Rangers into the SPL.

No Stewart, the clubs decided over the last two weeks they were not getting in,not you.

Doncaster must be made to resign or be sacked by the member clubs.

I don't get poetry that doesn't rhyme.

Sfa will not allow rfc newco into spl says Stewart Regan

Oh! Goosebumps.......

portobellojambo1

At risk of what, only having visits from one half of the former OF for the foreseeable future, at risk of voting NO anyway, or are some, such as Regan/Doncaster living in this dream world of all clubs falling apart because there aren't 40,000 ST holders at Ibrox. I wonder if Stewart Regan/Neil Doncaster have researched the history of Scottsh football, going back beyond either the SPL or Sky television, and determined how many clubs went out of business, and how often the root cause could be traced back to lack of SPL funds or Sky money. I would say there is more chance of Hibernian winning the SPL next season than there is of even one remaining club going under as a result of what is going on.

Diadora Van Basten

So six clubs in spl, I think you can discount Celtic and ross county.

Given that hearts, hibs, st Johnstone, aberdeen, dundee it'd, st mitten are voting no then I take it they aren't voting for hari Kari then that leaves Motherwell and Killie.

So six sounds like garbage and regan is no better than Doncaster.

Maple Leaf

... why does most people seem to say the club formerly known as Rangers now "The Rangers" aka Servco 0558 should start at the bottom tier of Scottish football is a given.

Never mind playing in the SPL or Div 1 of the SFl they should be absolutely delighted to be given the opportunity to play in div 3 of the SFL given there has to be clubs who have applied and failed previously i.e Gala and Spartans.

Now I know it may be wishfull thinking that we can keep this tidal wave of Rangers sympathisers at bay forever but the matching tidal wave of feeling from fan after fan and club after club that opposes this riddiculous proposal set out in last weeks document and the scaremongering involved should result in the rules being applied and not tweaked.

On that basis they should not play in div 3 but should apply and wait there place in the queue behind others end of story.

Sounds reasonable to me. :thumbsup:

john brownlee

Well you have to give Sky some credit. I'm sure the contract will say that If either of the OF drops out , the contract is financially affected. But then , you have to wonder why Sky thought that clause was so necessary to any TV deal. The SFA/SPL/SFL clearly never thought any thing would happen in this regard - hence all the rule changing , restructuring panic and general disregard for good governance.

Maybe Sky were more switched on than anyone ever realised - did they understand & acknowledge (in the TV contract) what was coming down the railway tracks in Rangers direction ?

sky might have been worried that one, of the uglies or both might swan of to engerland or the atlantic or holland or.........

I dont think the clause has anything to do with the current situation

Once again the question the SFL clubs must be asking themselves is "Why are you telling us this? Why should we care? If 6 SPL clubs go out of business that's six places in the top division for us."

brunoatemyhamster

bedazzled-vaseline.jpg

PACKED MY SUITCASE IN-CASE THIS GOES BELLY UP! GOT A BAD FEELING BOUT THIS NOW.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic