The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

jamboinglasgow

Got to love Greens jibe at Whittaker, because its only money and Europe that is important for Whittaker, not playing in one of the top leagues in the world rather than the fourth tier of Scottish football.

Denny Crane

Just had a couple of orcs hijack my Twitter page. Jeezo! They reminded me of El Guapo in the final scenes of the film "The Three Amigos". One of them even flew off the handle when I didn't mention his club by name! :lol:

Edited by Denny Crane

Got to love Greens jibe at Whittaker, because its only money and Europe that is important for Whittaker, not playing in one of the top leagues in the world rather than the fourth tier of Scottish football.

He's a professional footballer, in any case. Of course money is a key consideration.

brunoatemyhamster

SunSport can reveal Gers chief Green (NEWCO CHIEF) has held emergency talks with other top-flight chairmen.(GREEN IS NOT A TOP FLIGHT CHAIRMAN He wants them to change their minds in tomorrow?s Hampden vote and allow Rangers? newco to stay(NOT STAY,REINSTATED,FAST-TRACKED,WHATEVER!) in the SPL and it?s believed he has offered( YOU ARE NOT IN A POSITION TO OFFER ANYTHING CHUCK ME OLD SON) a six-point plan of punishments in a bid to win their approval.

Green?s sensational scheme char_12076.jpgwould:

Back SPL voting reform and slash the Old Firm?s influence;(JUST LIKE KICKING THEM OUT)

<li>

Agree a fairer split of revenue and cut payments to the Old Firm;(JUST LIKE KICKING THEM OUT,WHO ARE THIS OLD FIRM ?)

<li>

Accept the transfer embargo given by the SFA appeals body;(EH? NAW TOO LATE )

<li>

Pay all Gers? football debts at home and abroad;(CANT DO THAT WITHOUT PISSING OFF HECTOR)

<li>

Take a points deduction for at least one, possibly more seasons;(WHICH YOU'D BE GETTING ANYWAY)

<li>

Issue a public apologise for Gers? past wrongdoing.( "WERE SORRY YOUR AW DICKS!)

Gers(WHO) had looked certain to lose the vote tomorrow after SEVEN clubs said they would not back them.

They seemed destined for Division One until a backlash from angry SFL clubs who want them in Division Three.

But such a scenario would suck ?16million out of the game,(PROVE IT) wreck key broadcast and commercial deals(FOR WHO) and put even more clubs in financial peril.

Now Green has launched a dramatic final bid to convince rival(YOUR TEAM IS NOT IN THE LEAGUE CHARLIE,YOU HAVE NO RIVAL) clubs NOT to block the newco playing in the SPL.

The Gers chief(WHO?) last night insisted a No vote would damage the whole of Scottish football.(PROVE IT)

He said: ?What league will we be in? I couldn?t tell you.(FIRST FACT SO FAR)

?There are lots of meetings to be had. My team and my board will meet the SPL chairmen on Wednesday.

?The financial positions are very clear and without Rangers(WHO?) playing somewhere, it will affect Scottish football as a whole.(PROVE IT)?

In a jibe at Norwich-bound Steven Whittaker, above, Green claimed departing Gers stars were motivated only by cash.(YUP.STEADY WAGE'S)

He said: ?The reality is that before Norwich play in Europe, Rangers will be back in Europe.(RANGERS ARE DEAD CHARLIE!)

?I don?t accept that this is a career move ? it?s for financial gain, no other reason.?(YUP)

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4407410/Charles-Green-offers-an-escape-plan.html#ixzz1zVnGRwnQ

that explains the secret meetings then,its all rangers begging for help

SECRET MEETINGS THAT THE SUN AND THE RECORD KNOW ABOUT? IF THERE IS ONE QUOTE FROM ANYONE OTHER THAN AN INSIDER,OUR SOURCE OR A CLOSE ASSOCIATE,I MIGHT CONSIDER LOOKING AT THIS AGAIN. DESPERATE,DESPERATE STUFF.

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

brunoatemyhamster

Just had a couple of orcs hijack my Twitter page. Jeezo! They reminded me of El Guapo in the final scenes of the film "The Three Amigos". One of them even flew off the handle when I didn't mention his club by name! :lol:

elguaposweater.jpg IT'S A SWEATER!

Did you say their club was Infamous? Did they reply that mean's Their team is "more than famous!"

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

jamboinglasgow

He's a professional footballer, in any case. Of course money is a key consideration.

Not denying that money is key (think its a bit rich coming from Green) but also competing at the highest level.

ToadKiller Dog

So while the Daily ****** is taking the secret deals and end of the world unless you vote Orc approach , Murdochs Scum are taking the please say yes and we will be good approach , good cop bad cop from the rags .

vegas-voss
<br /><br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

SECRET MEETINGS THAT THE SUN AND THE RECORD KNOW ABOUT? IF THERE IS ONE QUOTE FROM ANYONE OTHER THAN AN INSIDER,OUR SOURCE OR A CLOSE ASSOCIATE,I MIGHT CONSIDER LOOKING AT THIS AGAIN. DESPERATE,DESPERATE STUFF.<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Just one point from the above Mr Green thinks the odd game in Europe is a better career mive than playing in the EPL which for all its ills is the most watched league in the world.The guy is an idiot the only thing he is sorry.about is that he could not rake in transfer fees for those that did not joing newco.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

vegas-voss

You know what should be happening.The Spl and Sfa should be seriously looking into a life without Rangers and how to make our game prosper.Did the Germans implode when the fall off their tv deal died a few years ago?

No they gave football back to the fans instead of the tv companies(of course they are still there)and it has done nothing but prosper since.We are so far behind in so many ways here that our govern bodies think the only way ahead is to keep the status quo that has got us in this shit in the first place namely ******* Rangers.I dont think one person involved in running the game in Scotland is forward thinking.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Tasavallan

So while the Daily ****** is taking the secret deals and end of the world unless you vote Orc approach , Murdochs Scum are taking the please say yes and we will be good approach , good cop bad cop from the rags .

Willie Miller tells it how it should be http://www.dailymail...lub-dumped.html

Not like the MSM to take sides. It looks like we have to look south of the border for an opposite view.

Both the DR and SS have a vested interest in Newco being in the SPL or at least being only out of the SPL for a minimum of one season (hence SFL1 or SPL2).

This would have been a stitch-up maybe as little as 10 years ago, but now there are t'interweb forums and ITK bloggers who we can access for the alternative truth. In the case of Rangers(old/new/borrowed/blue), this thread (thanks in most part to the persistence of The Gasman), and the RTC blog (while a tad Celtic minded at times) have been a breath of fresh air for me.

Rangers, in all their guises, as going down in flames and nothing it's establishment cronies, despite their valiant attempts, can do about it. Independence Day is nigh.

Say NO to Newco, YES to Spartans.

This has probably been covered before in relation to Lee Wallace so please indulge me if it covers old ground. It has been established that Lee Wallace, and players in general, cannot be treated as normal commodities. The issues surrounding a player returning to the club that sold him due to non payment are too complex. However keeping something that you have not paid for is surely tantamount to stealing and as such must be a criminal matter to be dealt with by the police. Or does this come under the same umbrella as the complex issues just mentioned? :unsure:

This has probably been covered before in relation to Lee Wallace so please indulge me if it covers old ground. It has been established that Lee Wallace, and players in general, cannot be treated as normal commodities. The issues surrounding a player returning to the club that sold him due to non payment are too complex. However keeping something that you have not paid for is surely tantamount to stealing and as such must be a criminal matter to be dealt with by the police. Or does this come under the same umbrella as the complex issues just mentioned? :unsure:

If it is established that Rangers bought Wallace whilst knowing they were trading insolvent then it's deep do dah for Whyte.

alex thomson?@alextomo

Hearts fans: relax, our story today isn't bad news for your club

Has Green and Lawwell/Celtic fc had a wee chat on how to keep the old firm alive?

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4407410/Charles-Green-offers-an-escape-plan.html

Can't believe Green would would use the word Old firm without speaking to them first. .

And if he hasn't, then surely Celtic must make their position clear on what way they will vote.

yvonnejambo

SunSport can reveal Gers chief Green has held emergency talks with other top-flight chairmen. He wants them to change their minds in tomorrow?s Hampden vote and allow Rangers? newco to stay in the SPL and it?s believed he has offered a six-point plan of punishments in a bid to win their approval.

Green?s sensational scheme would:

Back SPL voting reform and slash the Old Firm?s influence;

<li>

Agree a fairer split of revenue and cut payments to the Old Firm;

<li>

Accept the transfer embargo given by the SFA appeals body;

<li>

Pay all Gers? football debts at home and abroad;

<li>

Take a points deduction for at least one, possibly more seasons;

<li>

Issue a public apologise for Gers? past wrongdoing.

Gers had looked certain to lose the vote tomorrow after SEVEN clubs said they would not back them.

They seemed destined for Division One until a backlash from angry SFL clubs who want them in Division Three.

But such a scenario would suck ?16million out of the game, wreck key broadcast and commercial deals and put even more clubs in financial peril.

Now Green has launched a dramatic final bid to convince rival clubs NOT to block the newco playing in the SPL.

The Gers chief last night insisted a No vote would damage the whole of Scottish football.

He said: ?What league will we be in? I couldn?t tell you.

?There are lots of meetings to be had. My team and my board will meet the SPL chairmen on Wednesday.

?The financial positions are very clear and without Rangers playing somewhere, it will affect Scottish football as a whole.?

In a jibe at Norwich-bound Steven Whittaker, above, Green claimed departing Gers stars were motivated only by cash.

He said: ?The reality is that before Norwich play in Europe, Rangers will be back in Europe.

?I don?t accept that this is a career move ? it?s for financial gain, no other reason.?

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4407410/Charles-Green-offers-an-escape-plan.html#ixzz1zVnGRwnQ

that explains the secret meetings then,its all rangers begging for help

How the hell is he in any position to decide what sanctions should happen to rangers? They still don't get it! If I was a rangers fan I would also be annoyed at that- "issue a public apology to them" think that should have happened direct from the club months ago . I wish them to die altogether the more this farce continues . All respect has gone within the game and if they don't get 3rd division or no division for a year, what is the point in anybody going to any match next season?

Carl Spackler

alex thomson ?@alextomo Hearts fans: relax, our story today isn't bad news for your club.

Edit: apologies, just saw dmhearts had posted this.

Glad we haven't been up to anything naughty though.

Edited by Carl Spackler

Carl Spackler

I'd really like to hear what's being said at this meeting.

Jim Spence ?@bbcjimspence There will be no vote tomorrow at SFL meeting. I understand Neil Doncaster and Stewart Regan will address the clubs.

Edited by Carl Spackler

Juan Jose Carricondo Perez

How can Green say that moving to Norwich isn't a career move. Playing in the Premier League or trawling the globe whoring yourself to whomever will play you in a "glamour friendly" ?? Tough choice!

The man's a welt!!!

My favourite part or Greens sensational six part plan to save Scottish football is the offer to pay footballing debts. That's very nice of them to make that offer.

FFS.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Jim Spence ?@bbcjimspence There will be no vote tomorrow at SFL meeting. I understand Neil Doncaster and Stewart Regan will address the clubs.

I hope the SFL tell them to go feck themselves!

kingdannyb

Tuesday morning lies from The Traynor;

"Rangers in crisis: Breakaway group of SPL chiefs hold secret talks to keep Ibrox newco in the top flight - Exclusive by James Traynor"

http://m.dailyrecord.co.uk/ms/p/tmg/scotdr/s2JdZYdGCaXDbySb-vTst5A/view.m?id=4679994&tid=638956&cat=SPL

Edited by kingdannyb

Maiden Gorgie

"Rangers in crisis: Breakaway group of SPL chiefs hold secret talks to keep Ibrox newco in the top flight - Exclusive by James Traynor"

http://m.dailyrecord.co.uk/ms/p/tmg/scotdr/s2JdZYdGCaXDbySb-vTst5A/view.m?id=4679994&tid=638956&cat=SPL

What a load of guff (the article, not the post).

Edited by Don Pascquale

Cut The Crap

Strange, he never mentioned any of this live on radio this morning. :rolleyes:

frankblack

And how can such a group, who must number no more than 4 or 5 clubs, keep Rangers in the SPL, when they clearly don't have enough votes?

If there is any truth in this story, the names of these corrupt clubs should be published so that the decent fans of Scottish football can boycott their away fixtures to them.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Of course, Traynor and the ****** would suffer no loss of revenue at all from reduced newspaper sales either...

Barney Rubble

And how can such a group, who must number no more than 4 or 5 clubs, keep Rangers in the SPL, when they clearly don't have enough votes?

If there is any truth in this story, the names of these corrupt clubs should be published so that the decent fans of Scottish football can boycott their away fixtures to them.

celtic !!!

For those who don't want to give that fat welt any more hits.

SPL

Quick Links

< Previous Story | Next Story >

Rangers in crisis: Breakaway group of SPL chiefs hold secret talks to keep Ibrox newco in the top flight

Exclusive by James Traynor

RANGERS and a breakaway group of SPL clubs were last night on the brink of a compromise deal which would secure the Ibrox club's place in the top flight.

Frantic talks have been held in secret between Charles Green and a number of SPL chairmen who fear at least three of their members could be shut down if Rangers newco are forced to begin life in the SFL's Third Division.

They had hoped the SFL would accommodate Rangers in the First Division but because some lower-league clubs have been railing against such a compromise, more than a few top-flight outfits are panic-stricken.

They have been warned as much as ?15million could be wiped off the value of their deals with Sky and ESPN if Rangers are frozen out of the SPL for more than one season.

Already they fear being denied the ?645,000 they are each due to receive from the TV companies on August 6.

And without that revenue and additional slices of the financial pie later in the year it is feared several SPL clubs, perhaps including Kilmarnock, Motherwell and Dundee United, could be facing closure.

The SFL will meet today to discuss a raft of demands if they are to take in Scottish football's unwanted club but the SPL will gather tomorrow when they might well perform one of the most spectacular U-turns ever instead of kicking Rangers out.

Seven of them - Aberdeen, Dundee United, Hearts, Hibernian, Inverness, St Johnstone and St Mirren - have already made it clear they wouldn't vote to let Rangers back in to the top flight but financial reality is biting hard. They and others are being forced to think again.

And we can reveal they are also considering changing tomorrow's crucial vote from a show of hands to a secret ballot but last night further talks aimed at saving the game were held in the hope of gathering enough support to keep Rangers in the SPL.

Record Sport can reveal a six-point punishment package has all but been agreed by Green who is desperate to keep his club in the SPL. The deal is:

Back SPL voting reform which would destroy the Old Firm's voting power.

Rangers must approve and support a more equitable SPL income distribution which would cut payments to the Old Firm.

Rangers must accept a points deduction.

They also have to agree to pay all UK and European football debts.

The transfer embargo they had overturned in the Court of Session must remain.

A public apology must be made and Rangers must also accept responsibility for past misdemeanours.

Green, worried that not every club will have been made aware of the compromise on offer, has started speaking directly with chairmen and owners and a source at the heart of the secret talks said: 'These are substantial punishments which are being suggested and have been on the table for almost four weeks. It is not a last minute package.

'But it is feared some clubs may not be aware of the comprehensive nature of the offer on the table so time is of the essence. Green has a helicopter at the ready and will fly anywhere and anytime to every club in the SPL to speak directly with the chairmen and owners.

'It is not just Rangers who face oblivion. The entire future of Scottish football as we know it is at stake. This is the nature of the crisis with which we are now faced.'

Our source also made it clear it's the threat to crucial TV money which has sparked the frantic rounds of last minute talks and stressed: 'Sky and ESPN are willing to tolerate one year without Rangers in the top flight but they have been shocked by the suggestion Rangers might be out the SPL for three years.

'The stark reality we are now facing is that if Rangers are relegated and SFL clubs then force them down into the Third Division, as has been suggested, the SPL's remaining teams will face their own financial Armageddon.

'As many as FIVE teams, possibly among them Motherwell, Dundee United and Kilmarnock could go to the wall and the beginning of the end could start as soon as August 6.

'That's the date every club receives a cheque for ?645,000 which is the first tranche of next season's TV money.'

Without that cash some clubs won't be able to pay wage bills and will then face financial meltdown.

It's thought that during talks with TV chiefs last month it was indicated they would operate for 12 months without Rangers in the SPL despite having a deal which promises four Old Firm matches each season.

But since those talks there have been stronger suggestions that the SFL might vote to put Rangers in the bottomdivision and a source close to the telly negotiations said: 'This came as a massive surprise. The threat to the TV money means we are staring into an immediate financial abyss.

'By voting Rangers out of the SPL and forcing them into the Third Division clubs will be voting for their own demise.

'Not only would the SPL clubs lose their TV revenues, the smaller clubs would lose the ?2m drip feed they receive from the SPL. That represents a huge proportion of their revenues.

'So they too would be voting for oblivion. In the light of this dramatic and unexpected change in circumstances SPL clubs are being asked to think again before they decide to eject Rangers from the SPL.

'Many club bosses have been making statements in recent days and weeks saying they will vote Rangers out but they need to re-assess the situation and let the fans know the realities their own clubs now face.

'They need to think again and think very hard about what they are doing.'

By changing the vote on Rangers' future from a show of hands to a secret ballot it is believed that some chairmen will find it easier to change their minds.

'If the SPL votes Rangers out they put their futures in the hands of the SFL who would then be able to vote Rangers into the Third Division and effectively terminate the TV deal,' our source said.

'The initial plan was to see Rangers out for 12 months with the expectation they would bounce straight back and Sky had no wish to effectively kill the Scottish game by pulling their deal.

'They were willing to compromise and the resurrection of the Glasgow Cup, which would probably result in an Old Firm game, was suggested along with arrangements for friendly matches between Rangers and Celtic to help their situation by boosting viewing figures and advertising revenues.

'That's up in the air now as it was never anticipated the smaller clubs would flex their muscles in this way.

'The situation is at critical level with so many SPL teams unable to continue if Sky pull their cash. This isn't scare-mongering, just plain fact.'

Hasselhoff

Ridiculous article by Traynor, no facts at all, just panic and anonymous statements

Might as well have finished it off with the 2 stock Rangers phrases

"I hope the other clubs enjoy kicking us while we are down"

"Be careful what you wish for"

The SPL owners would be mad to think they can go anonymous in a vote now.

A weak Rangers who couldn't sign any players next season would probably get relegated, what would happen then? Change of rules again? I am sure clubs could have fundraising events to generate money if there was a shortfall until they can cut costs accordingly. Not like we need to generate ?100m. The league needs to play within its means, bringing a bunch of cheats back in will ruin Scottish football

yvonnejambo

Ok 1point from that drivel from daily record IF clubs are scared they will lose out on sky money in August this year but it also says sky will be sticking about this year they just scared of no rangers for 3 years. So they would all get their normal sky money this year anyway

Jambof3tornado

What a pile of scaremongering twaddle!

Traynor you are the weakest link,goodbye!

What a rag the Record is. It has become a parody of itself with its Rangers bias.

Firstly, does Traynor know what the word 'exclusive' means, as the Sun have the exact same story.

The Six-Point Penalty seems redundant

1. Back SPL voting reform which would destroy the Old Firm's voting power. (Surely we'll get that next season anyway)

2. Rangers must approve and support a more equitable SPL income distribution which would cut payments to the Old Firm. (As 1)

3. Rangers must accept a points deduction. (Didn't they just draw up rules stating any newco will automatically get this)

4. They also have to agree to pay all UK and European football debts. (How very noble of them)

5. The transfer embargo they had overturned in the Court of Session must remain. (Who would sign for them anyway?)

6. A public apology must be made and Rangers must also accept responsibility for past misdemeanours. (that's alright then :down:)

jambovambo

alex thomson?@alextomo

Hearts fans: relax, our story today isn't bad news for your club

:alex:

So the whole point of this meeting is to have the vote. People have been asking how clubs will vote. Alot of clubs have come out and said how they will vote. So results are there for all to see already.

Now the SFA state there will be no vote, and want to address the clubs.

Corruption anyone.

Edited by I.T.K

The old 'will suck 16m out of the game' line makes another appearance, fresh from its success in The Indecent Proposal.

Any particular working behind that folks? No, thought not.

I P Knightley

Issue a public apologise for Gers? past wrongdoing.

This is really pathetic.

In saying this, they're admitting that they have something to apologise for but are saying that they won't actually apologise unless everyone else does them a favour.

I'd be embarrassed if my 6 year old were to behave in such a petulant way. For a 60-odd year old "straight talking" Yorkshireman to be doing so it just utterly ridiculous.

Can't believe Green would would use the word Old firm without speaking to them first. .

I wouldn't put anything past him. The man's ideally suited to Ibrox.

That said, though, a deal in cahoots with Celtic is really not at all unlikely.

So the whole point of this meeting is to have the vote. People have been asking how clubs will vote. Alot of clubs have come out and said how they will vote. So results are there for all to see already.

Now the SFA state there will be no vote,want to address the clubs.

Corruption anyone.

Tbf, there's nothing for them to vote on as yet. Newco do.t have member or league status and oldco still officially an SPL club.

Green has a helicopter at the ready and will fly anywhere and anytime to every club in the SPL to speak directly with the chairmen and owners.

he can't even afford the batteries for the toy one that he utilises for transporting pigs around his office FFS

Stand firm ladies and gentlemen I am sure all will be well, not long now.

and as for that fat **** JT what a complete load of Lilian Gish

Geoff Kilpatrick

You know what this fear really is? That the league's might, just might, actually seize this opportunity and prove that there is life beyond the gruesome fest. And, if that is the case, then the weegia's business models are goosed as well!

Geoff Kilpatrick

Green has a helicopter at the ready and will fly anywhere and anytime to every club in the SPL to speak directly with the chairmen and owners.

he can't even afford the batteries for the toy one that he utilises for transporting pigs around his office FFS

Stand firm ladies and gentlemen I am sure all will be well, not long now.

and as for that fat **** JT what a complete load of Lilian Gish

It's probably the same one the mutant gets to occupy on "Helicopter Sundays" :rolleyes:

What makes these so called pundits think that there will be any sort of demand to watch newco under 18's play against Celtic anyway, part of the attraction for viewers has been the 'contest' over the years between the two & that on their day either side could win the match. That simply would not happen, with Celtic being as strong as they are I find it hard to believe that a team full of U18's & shoulders McCulloch could give them a run for their money. The point being, this fixture has now lost its stature....it'll be no more than the equivalent to an early round league cup tie, until such times as the Huns can re-establish themselves if at all.

This fixture & everything it stands for is dead, & no matter what way sky/espn attempt to hype it up its relatively worthless without the large audiences of days gone by.

For those who don't want to give that fat welt any more hits.

SPL

Quick Links

< Previous Story | Next Story >

Rangers in crisis: Breakaway group of SPL chiefs hold secret talks to keep Ibrox newco in the top flight

Exclusive by James Traynor

RANGERS and a breakaway group of SPL clubs were last night on the brink of a compromise deal which would secure the Ibrox club's place in the top flight.

Frantic talks have been held in secret between Charles Green and a number of SPL chairmen who fear at least three of their members could be shut down if Rangers newco are forced to begin life in the SFL's Third Division.

They had hoped the SFL would accommodate Rangers in the First Division but because some lower-league clubs have been railing against such a compromise, more than a few top-flight outfits are panic-stricken.

They have been warned as much as ?15million could be wiped off the value of their deals with Sky and ESPN if Rangers are frozen out of the SPL for more than one season.

Already they fear being denied the ?645,000 they are each due to receive from the TV companies on August 6.

And without that revenue and additional slices of the financial pie later in the year it is feared several SPL clubs, perhaps including Kilmarnock, Motherwell and Dundee United, could be facing closure.

The SFL will meet today to discuss a raft of demands if they are to take in Scottish football's unwanted club but the SPL will gather tomorrow when they might well perform one of the most spectacular U-turns ever instead of kicking Rangers out.

Seven of them - Aberdeen, Dundee United, Hearts, Hibernian, Inverness, St Johnstone and St Mirren - have already made it clear they wouldn't vote to let Rangers back in to the top flight but financial reality is biting hard. They and others are being forced to think again.

And we can reveal they are also considering changing tomorrow's crucial vote from a show of hands to a secret ballot but last night further talks aimed at saving the game were held in the hope of gathering enough support to keep Rangers in the SPL.

Record Sport can reveal a six-point punishment package has all but been agreed by Green who is desperate to keep his club in the SPL. The deal is:

Back SPL voting reform which would destroy the Old Firm's voting power.

Rangers must approve and support a more equitable SPL income distribution which would cut payments to the Old Firm.

Rangers must accept a points deduction.

They also have to agree to pay all UK and European football debts.

The transfer embargo they had overturned in the Court of Session must remain.

A public apology must be made and Rangers must also accept responsibility for past misdemeanours.

Green, worried that not every club will have been made aware of the compromise on offer, has started speaking directly with chairmen and owners and a source at the heart of the secret talks said: 'These are substantial punishments which are being suggested and have been on the table for almost four weeks. It is not a last minute package.

'But it is feared some clubs may not be aware of the comprehensive nature of the offer on the table so time is of the essence. Green has a helicopter at the ready and will fly anywhere and anytime to every club in the SPL to speak directly with the chairmen and owners.

'It is not just Rangers who face oblivion. The entire future of Scottish football as we know it is at stake. This is the nature of the crisis with which we are now faced.'

Our source also made it clear it's the threat to crucial TV money which has sparked the frantic rounds of last minute talks and stressed: 'Sky and ESPN are willing to tolerate one year without Rangers in the top flight but they have been shocked by the suggestion Rangers might be out the SPL for three years.

'The stark reality we are now facing is that if Rangers are relegated and SFL clubs then force them down into the Third Division, as has been suggested, the SPL's remaining teams will face their own financial Armageddon.

'As many as FIVE teams, possibly among them Motherwell, Dundee United and Kilmarnock could go to the wall and the beginning of the end could start as soon as August 6.

'That's the date every club receives a cheque for ?645,000 which is the first tranche of next season's TV money.'

Without that cash some clubs won't be able to pay wage bills and will then face financial meltdown.

It's thought that during talks with TV chiefs last month it was indicated they would operate for 12 months without Rangers in the SPL despite having a deal which promises four Old Firm matches each season.

But since those talks there have been stronger suggestions that the SFL might vote to put Rangers in the bottomdivision and a source close to the telly negotiations said: 'This came as a massive surprise. The threat to the TV money means we are staring into an immediate financial abyss.

'By voting Rangers out of the SPL and forcing them into the Third Division clubs will be voting for their own demise.

'Not only would the SPL clubs lose their TV revenues, the smaller clubs would lose the ?2m drip feed they receive from the SPL. That represents a huge proportion of their revenues.

'So they too would be voting for oblivion. In the light of this dramatic and unexpected change in circumstances SPL clubs are being asked to think again before they decide to eject Rangers from the SPL.

'Many club bosses have been making statements in recent days and weeks saying they will vote Rangers out but they need to re-assess the situation and let the fans know the realities their own clubs now face.

'They need to think again and think very hard about what they are doing.'

By changing the vote on Rangers' future from a show of hands to a secret ballot it is believed that some chairmen will find it easier to change their minds.

'If the SPL votes Rangers out they put their futures in the hands of the SFL who would then be able to vote Rangers into the Third Division and effectively terminate the TV deal,' our source said.

'The initial plan was to see Rangers out for 12 months with the expectation they would bounce straight back and Sky had no wish to effectively kill the Scottish game by pulling their deal.

'They were willing to compromise and the resurrection of the Glasgow Cup, which would probably result in an Old Firm game, was suggested along with arrangements for friendly matches between Rangers and Celtic to help their situation by boosting viewing figures and advertising revenues.

'That's up in the air now as it was never anticipated the smaller clubs would flex their muscles in this way.

'The situation is at critical level with so many SPL teams unable to continue if Sky pull their cash. This isn't scare-mongering, just plain fact.'

Funniest bit for me is the part where he says Green has a helicopter on stand by.

Wonder if its the most succulent helicopter?

Barney Rubble

Can someone explain to me how Sevco 5088 can play in the spl or the 1st division or the 3rd division without the required minimum 3 years audited accounts cause im toiling with this one ? i think they would snap the hands off the SfL to start in div 3 as all this snash about needing them is an attempt to pull the wool over everyones eyes regarding the rules of the game in this country .

3 years audited accounts +

3 years rising through the leagues = :davebp:

Can someone explain to me how Sevco 5088 can play in the spl or the 1st division or the 3rd division without the required minimum 3 years audited accounts cause im toiling with this one ? i think they would snap the hands off the SfL to start in div 3 as all this snash about needing them is an attempt to pull the wool over everyones eyes regarding the rules of the game in this country .

3 years audited accounts +

3 years rising through the leagues = :davebp:

Membership to the SPL automatically bestows membership to the SFA. I believe this is why they are trying so hard to get in; not for the Sky deal but because they know that they won't get in anywhere else if they don't

• Maple Leaf locked this topic