The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

I Wonder what motor Lee Wallace will buy himself :whistling: a 4x4 could be handy for getting to some of the car parks at some of the 3rd division grounds he will grace himself next season :blink:

Mitsubishi Shotgun?

Edited by standley

Tasavallan

Sevco are not a phoenix company and not linked to RFC(IA). As such, they can sign/employ whomsoever they like. However, getting these players registered with the SFA is another thing entirely.

Tasavallan

The ?1,000.00 fee is probably puting Green off.

Not just that, he currently has no means of writing a company cheque.

Tasavallan

Isn't that a girl's bike ?

Bisexual bikes in the Netherlands. whistling.gif

The Gasman

Not just that, he currently has no means of writing a company cheque.

There was a suggestion regarding the Season Ticket / Direct Debit fiasco, that they may now have access to some sort of banking facility with "Metro Bank", but I don't know any more than that Tas. :thumb:

Edited by The Gasman

Maple Leaf

Had a quick look at the Daily Ranger.

Inside back pages is a 2 page Jim Traynor piece with a headline along the lines of "Kick out Gers and it will kill our game"

If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it.

jamboinglasgow

apparently Airdrie will abstain from vote because of conflict of interest?

Yup just seen that. To be honest that is quite right of Airdrie as they dont want to be in a conflict of interest.

But the bad news for Rangers is abstaining is the same as a no for them.

Great news.... when will Tennant's walk away?

On another note - do Hearts not need a car sponsor now that Saab are bust? Hearts would be able to offer Audi a cheap alternative.

Tennants may be planning to "Walk Away " now there contract would have been with the old almost dead rangers on the other hand beer sales have probably went through the roof because of all this mess in hunland :blink:

kingantti1874

why is there a conflict? because Ballantyne is sfl present? is abstaining definitely a no and therefore have they now effectively lost vote?

jambovambo

Tennants may be planning to "Walk Away " now there contract would have been with the old almost dead rangers on the other hand beer sales have probably went through the roof because of all this mess in hunland :blink:

... not as much as they'll reduce in the West if they do walk away !

I P Knightley

NewCo (Servco) is a commercial company, no more. It is not a football club, as it is not a member of a league, and does not hold SFA membership, or a National Club Licence. This means that they cannot hold the registration of any football player.

As Rangers OldCo are in Liquidation, but not yet wound up, they are still a football club. They are still banned from registering any players.

I'd guess that this is little more that a crude attempt by Green, to up the pressure on the SFA to grant / transfer the membership to Servco. I'd also guess that it's very likely to have the opposite effect, and just piss off the SFA even more.

I know you've put it nice and concisely but there's still no real clarity as to how the players have (or have not) transferred over from Rangers to Sevco.

The organisation that was banned from making signings was Rangers. That was appealed by Fudd & Phlapps (remember them?) representing Rangers as their administrators; nothing to do with Green or Sevco.

The players who have walked away have clearly done so from Green; or at the very least, Green had a full expectation that they would transfer to his company as part of the takeover process.

The BBC report states without question that Andrew Mitchell is getting a one year contract with newco. It also says he's delighted to be signing up with Rangers. I'm officially confused.

apparently Airdrie will abstain from vote because of conflict of interest?

I can understand, but they would do well to remember they are not the real Airdrie. David Murray put the real Airdrie out of business. They had to reapply to the third division and their application was rejected, forcing them to buy Clydebank to rejoin the league (also wrong, in my opinion). They, of all teams, should be voting 'No'.

tartofmidlothian

I wonder what the financial situation is like behind the scenes at the Record?

We know they are Labour/Unionist loving weegie filth. Looking at their quite ridiculous reporting over the past few months, could it be their paper will be skating on thin ice should the Huns take half their readership with them? Here's hoping.

What's wrong with being either of these things? :unsure:

Newco have just signed Andy Little on a one year deal.

Are they actually allowed to sign anybody over 18?

It's Andy Mitchell they've re-signed, Andy Little's left. Newco are free to offer a contract of employment to anyone they want, although clearly only a fool would come to them amidst the current uncertainty. For a young lad no-one's heard of, the prospect of playing at Ibrox in front of thousands in the 3rd Division's clearly still very much worth it. If they go bust (again) or face a year out, he'll probably just be released anyway.

Oldco were still allowed to sign players unter 18 and re-sign those whose contracts were up, but don't think that applies any more.

No they're not - the football club are in Administration, which carries an automatic ban on the registering of players. This has been in place since 14th February, and is completely separate to any sanction the SFA were later trying to impose.

But Newco aren't in admin. Yet. It's hard to keep up...

I P Knightley

For a young lad no-one's heard of, the prospect of playing at Ibrox in front of thousands in the 3rd Division's clearly still very much worth it. If they go bust (again) or face a year out, he'll probably just be released anyway.

That's what you'd have thought but I don't remember many being released the first time round!

FarmerTweedy

I'm not quite the cultural heavyweight you might think me to be from my writings. I haven't got a clue who this character is and find the constant referencing perplexing.

If only there were some facility on the internet that would allow you to search for information on such things!!! :whistling:

What I find strange is that Traynor and Keevins have a natural allegiance to the other side of the old firm. Must be tough for them to push Rangers case. Presumably at the instructions of their owners to sell a few more copies to the forces of darkness?

FarmerTweedy

Totally - I can see it from both angles though.

Crucially though, and what's been completely unreported, I think maybe even on this thread so far, is that there has been no application by NewCo to join the SFL. They've applied for a transfer of Rangers' SFA membership but that doesn't confer anything else alongside it automatically.

Whilst there is a vote about transferring the SPL share on Wednesday, I'm not evehn sure they actually applied for that either or just initally expected it to be handed across for free.

Assuming the expected happens midweek then they've got to scramble pretty quickly to get an application into the SFL. Dundee/Dunfermline will have been invited up & the SFL is duty bound to then start promoting the other teams up leaving a gap at the bottom of the third only. We all know that Spartans etc have their applications ready - have NewCo been getting that lined up or have they been content to just lobby via the press for an unattainable spot in Div 1?

They did apply for the transfer of the SPL share. I guess they can't make any application to the SFL until after the SPL meeting on Wednesday rejects the SPL share transfer.

tartofmidlothian

That's what you'd have thought but I don't remember many being released the first time round!

That was back when they had games to play...

I know you've put it nice and concisely but there's still no real clarity as to how the players have (or have not) transferred over from Rangers to Sevco.

The organisation that was banned from making signings was Rangers. That was appealed by Fudd & Phlapps (remember them?) representing Rangers as their administrators; nothing to do with Green or Sevco.

The players who have walked away have clearly done so from Green; or at the very least, Green had a full expectation that they would transfer to his company as part of the takeover process.

The BBC report states without question that Andrew Mitchell is getting a one year contract with newco. It also says he's delighted to be signing up with Rangers. I'm officially confused.

Even at under11 level there is a document that must be filed with the SFA for a player's registration so I guess it is just a hope of Green's that he has a supply of these forms which can be lodged(sic) with the SFA

jambovambo

Bisexual bikes in the Netherlands. whistling.gif

Certainly wee Durranty looks a bit light on his loafers on it ...

PortyJambo

why is there a conflict? because Ballantyne is sfl present? is abstaining definitely a no and therefore have they now effectively lost vote?

If Rangers don't get voted into Div 1 then it's likely that Airdrie, as the loser of the Div 1 playoff, would take the additional place when Dundee/Dunfermline are promoted to the SPL. So, a conflict of interest....as long as they don't ask D&P for their legal opinion of a conflict of interest!

kingantti1874

check the structure which Tony Mckelvie has rt d on twitter..I can't post pictures from phone but very interesting

tartofmidlothian

check the structure which Tony Mckelvie has rt d on twitter..I can't post pictures from phone but very interesting

609804836.jpg?key=511720&Expires=1341238573&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=nDAGiZ8bBIQ955DUhNaDfRk3MpRkkFLPrRo-apk70Fd6Smd3IEaT39WXrf5MwTvAL8deaaGibKPLtu3qVPJQ6jNDKY8I06OegtBgkE7LhpaVpTMvRB9lHxMcG7YZuwjvvuYL8Zg3c5MEB1bAKxLvh4yryfZ8CDmKh5iKkoCXEdY_

tartofmidlothian

on reading it more closely, that must be made up

I like the idea of promotion between all levels.

The split would be not much more annoying than the one we have.

Reserve teams in the lower leagues? Hmm...

Why bother with an SPL/SFL split, why not just one organisation? The SPL bubble is very close to being burst as it is.

This makes Rangers' punishment shorter. Dislike.

So - some interesting ideas in there, but anything that's pressed into action just because of the Rangers situation is fundamentally flawed.

livingstonjambo

on reading it more closely, that must be made up

It has to be, one on the * points says 'Stab in-the-dark guess. Please dont take offence, I love your team really

Edited by livingstonjambo

kingantti1874

It has to be, one on the * points says 'Stab in-the-dark guess. Please dont take offence, I love your team really

yeah noticed it as well, seems like some random has made it up

FarmerTweedy

Sorry if I'm way off - but was the transfer ban not chucked out after Rangers took the SFA to court and won. The punishement was declared invalid and we're waiting on them sitting again to determine a new punishment.

Sevco Gers can sign anyone I think ???

[EDIT - JIG GOT IN 1MIN BEFORE ME TO SAY THE SAME THING! :thumbsup: ]

I think sevco can sign a contract of employment with any player, but they wouldn't be able to register that employee as a player until they've got SFA membership!

609804836.jpg?key=511720&Expires=1341238573&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=nDAGiZ8bBIQ955DUhNaDfRk3MpRkkFLPrRo-apk70Fd6Smd3IEaT39WXrf5MwTvAL8deaaGibKPLtu3qVPJQ6jNDKY8I06OegtBgkE7LhpaVpTMvRB9lHxMcG7YZuwjvvuYL8Zg3c5MEB1bAKxLvh4yryfZ8CDmKh5iKkoCXEdY_

That is terrible IMO.

Was the person who set that up told to come up with the league that will get 4 old firm games, and makes sure only the old firm will still win, but remember to sell it as you are doing league one clubs a favour.yucky.gifyucky.gifyucky.gif

My idea posted ages ago..

Other... As posted before

The SPL to be expanded to 20 teams;

The SPL then splits in to two leagues of 10. League A (best teams) and League B (diddy teams).

Each team plays home and away before winter break to make 18 games. At the end the 18 game the team at the top of each league is crowned winter champion. Then bottom 2 teams of league A go down to league B. and the top 2 of League B come up to league A. For winning each league (A and B ) the teams get some new silverware, like championship playoff cup in England. (I.e. nice, but kind of meaningless.)

After a winter break all teams in both leagues play again home and away for another 18 games and the winner becomes the summer champion and gets another bit of bit of new silverware. Again bottom 2 teams of League A go down top 2 of League B come up.

Winning the SPL

At this point one of two things could happen:

Plan A: All the points from both seasons (Winter and Summer) are added together to work out the overall SPL champion and the team with the most points is give the SPL silverware. Points are also added to work out European places. Note the 2 teams that started in League B can?t will the SPL.

Plan B: The points will be added together as before but the top 4 teams will enter a play off.

My heart says plan A, but my head says plan B. Plan A is would be like winning a proper league whereas plan B could see people fluke the league. Regardless plan B would generate a lot of interest similar to the games in the USA and could be a huge cash cow! Personally undecided on which is best?

Relegation to the lower league.

All League B points will be added together and the bottom 2 teams overall from League B gets relegated to 1st division. Note that the 2 teams that started in League A and were relegated to League B would need would just have their point doubled. (This would just be just in case a team goes down sells all ts player and goes in to administration and fails to win a game.)

This set up will, give us 36 games a season.

Prize money distributed in a fair manner to all teams. (Each team receives 10% less then the team above etc.)

It will provide an equal amount of home and away games unlike the current format 12 league format.

Will provide a chance more teams to win more silverware.

Over time it will expose teams to more different teams depending on where you finish. (12 teams a season minimum, but over years the churn of teams relegated and promoted will allow more variety.)

Gives teams a chance to have more open games, I.e. if you do well in the B league have a go at A league. If you struggle in the A league you go down and have more of games in the B league.

Keep a number of big games. (i.e. TV get 4 OF games)

Keeps top teams playing together and reduce the number of meaning less games for big team's. (Craig Levein would like this.)

Will allow smaller teams more chance of an old firm pay day, not to mention Hearts. Hibs and Aberdeen.

Old firm will still get their 4 game a season.

Will give more exposure to League B (Current 1st division) teams as people will want to see who is coming up or going down and they will get TV games.

It will provide a mid-season finale which should attract more fans.

Less pressure on teams that get relegated compared with current format as all teams will be still held in the SPL wrapper. (Pressley will like this.)

It should attract more fans to the game. As an example Dunfermline had a better attendance when winning in the first division.

Another part of this set up is a winter break that will allow coincide with the transfer window. This will allow player exchanges between teams as well as time for the SPL to do its admin items like produce fixtures dates for the summer league etc. The winter break could be as long as 2 months in non World/European cup years to allow more summer time (fair weather) football. I also believe having the finale of the SPL after the end of the English leagues would generate more interest from south of the boarder. (Or at least from TV companies wanting to show something before Wimbledon etc starts.)

It will introduce both a sprint and a marathon to the league. For example a smaller teams could have a shocking start to the season (or winter league) but still can have something to play for in the second half of the year (or summer season) which will encourage fans to stick with them. The old firm, Hearts, Aberdeen etc will still focus on the European places so will be more interested in the long game.

Personally I think this idea ticks a lot of boxes of what people want to see. My suggestion would be to try it for 5 years, and then a decision can be made if to move to a bigger 18/20 team SPL, or move back to a 10/12 team SPL.

Thoughts?

Edited by I.T.K

I P Knightley

If only there were some facility on the internet that would allow you to search for information on such things!!! :whistling:

...I thought of that but then thought it might be more conversational to ask directly and I'm glad I did as I had both the answer and an explanation of the reference.

The Gasman

A lot of the confusion is down to Green trying to be clever, by being Rangers when it suits, but also Sevco when it suits. He can't, but he does keep trying..! Also just forget the SFA banning Rangers from signing players, and the appeal, as that's not relevant, and only adds to the confusion..!

Right....

Rangers went into administration on February 14th, which triggered an automatic ban on them being able to register any new signings. As they are still in Administration (the club has not yet been wound up) that ban is still in place.

When Green bought the Rangers assets from D&P he put them into Sevco. Under TUPE legislation, he also had to offer all Rangers staff (inc players) an identical contract of employment with Sevco, but they have the legal right to say "no thanks" and walk away to find another job elsewhere. This is what many of the players have done. Those who haven't will, presumably, have now signed their new Sevco contracts of employment, though as Green does not seem to have fully complied with the TUPE legislation, there may be some twists and turns to come yet..!

At this moment in time Rangers are still a football club, still in Administration, so still banned from registering new signings, and the last club to hold the players registrations.

At this moment in time Sevco are not a football club; they are not members of any football association, not members of any league, and do not hold a national club licence. Legally Sevco may employ Lee Wallace, and now Andrew Mitchell, but they cannot play them, nor can they hold the players registrations, as only a football club can do that.

Presumably Sevco have not yet requested that the SFA transfer the players registrations, as it would be turned down. This is why Sion and Norwich are so confident they can register their new signings. Despite what Green says (and the Weegia repeat) neither he nor Sevco hold any players registrations, so cannot insist on any transfer fee.

Simple really....! :rolleyes:

the windae cleaner

Right. Just back from 3 weeks away. What's the update in stupid mans terms ??

stupid man Oldco fan or stupid man real world terms? :whistling:

The same sort of idea with a 16 team top league and I would be interested.

Edited by Cow

That is terrible IMO.

Was the person who set that up told to come up with the league that will get 4 old firm games, and makes sure only the old firm will still win, but remember to sell it as you are doing league one clubs a favour.yucky.gifyucky.gifyucky.gif

Have a proper league, everyone playes everyone home and away, make the OF play each other two legged as a precursor for each cup competition, hey presto 4 OF games even if Sevco in Div 3, Sky mess their pants and get 6 games if Sevco get into top division.

Simples.....................

I P Knightley

That was back when they had games to play...

And about 75 registered players with which to play them; and a full backroom team with scouts and everything...

Tasavallan

If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it.

That's a lie.

I P Knightley

At this moment in time Sevco are not a football club; they are not members of any football association, not members of any league, and do not hold a national club licence. Legally Sevco may employ Lee Wallace, and now Andrew Mitchell, but they cannot play them, nor can they hold the players registrations, as only a football club can do that.

This is the bit that clarifies it.

Green can employ them as players but, as yet, they can't play anywhere as players 'cos they ain't got no place to play.

And, if true, the remainder of your post makes perfect sense as well; if they can't play as players, Green can't stop them going elsewhere. Even these mugs that have sided with Green will be free to walk as long as there isn't a registration lodged with SFA for them.

brunoatemyhamster

NOWT! :blink:

Old Co (huns)= donald ducked

New Co (usedtoberagersbutnotnow) = Donald Ducked

So situation still the same

Tasavallan

Green can employ them as players but, as yet, they can't play anywhere as players 'cos they ain't got no place to play.

He can employ them, yes, but not as players as Sevco is not registered as a football club. Nor are the players registered with the SFA.

The Gasman

And, if true, the remainder of your post makes perfect sense as well; if they can't play as players, Green can't stop them going elsewhere. Even these mugs that have sided with Green will be free to walk as long as there isn't a registration lodged with SFA for them.

I'm sure there will be a (FIFA/UEFA?) strict timetable for having to transfer a player's registration, and I suspect that's one thing (of many!) that was pissing the SFA off about Green / Sevco. D&P and Green have not been good at adhering to timetables! It may also be why the SFA imposed a strict deadline for getting the membership supporting documentation in to them.

I think you're probably right about any players who've sided with Green being able to walk, as they're not registered Sevco players. The fact that as employees they've accepted a TUPE transfer from Rangers to Sevco may make that more awkward than for the others, but until their new Sevco player registrations are lodged with the SFA, I recon they could still walk.

Edited by The Gasman

Old Co (huns)= donald ducked

New Co (usedtoberagersbutnotnow) = Donald Ducked

So situation still the same

but both have less money than they did 3 weeks ago though

This could be Mr Ballantyne's conflict of interest whistling.gif

554905_359072537496395_638244358_n.jpg

• Maple Leaf locked this topic