The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Andy Newport retweeted

PA Dugout ?@PA_dugout 30m30 minutes ago

.@RangersFC are to appoint former Motherwell director Stewart Robertson as their new managing director, @pasport understands

I would have thought that it was a case of too many chiefs and not enough indians at the moment.

You mean they're going to be raiding that new Indian Premier League? The one where washed-up footballers go to earn a few bucks.

PS. Further to my post above, I'll think I'll clear off trying to use Google Chrome. Go back to Firefox or IE!

It seems that Robert Sarver has decided to invest in another club. He has put in an offer of ?56M for La Liga side Levante.

http://cadenaser.com/emisora/2015/06/16/radio_valencia/1434442886_310560.html

http://www.talkingbaws.com/2015/06/16/failed-rangers-bidder-robert-sarver-has-made-an-offer-to-buy-la-liga-side-levante/

Pallardo's old team ...

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Hearing that Ian Cathro & Darren Murray being asked to run Rangers Academy.

Together?

They really are getting things in order now. Assuming they can pay for it all it looks like they're going to prolong Hibs' misery. :lol:

Edited by Diana Prince

5% swing would have nailed it

correct, a house devided against itself cannot stand, to paraphrase President Lincoln.  This has been one of The Rangers Internationals biggest problems since the start of the downward spiral over three years ago........

Jambo 4 Ever

Hearing that Ian Cathro & Darren Murray being asked to run Rangers Academy.

Would they both want to go there though and work together?!

Darren Murray was just in the Evening news about a week ago getting involved in some kids training franchise

As expected, the sevco shareholders voted against Ashley's EGM resolution to pay back his ?5m loan.

Full breakdown

1. Pay back Mike Ashley's loan: yes 46%, no 54%

2.Renegotiate Sports Direct deal: yes 62.5 %, no 37.5 %

Even paying back the ?5m is not the end of Ashley lol

Just over half of Rangers' shareholders have voted against the immediate repayment of a ?5m loan provided by Mike Ashley.

The Newcastle owner, who also has a 9% stake in the Scottish Championship club, called Friday's extraordinary meeting at Ibrox.

Meanwile, shareholders voted in favour of a board resolution to renegotiate existing retail agreements with Ashley.

His Sports Direct firm currently owns 75% of the club's retail operation.

This will be adjusted down to 49% upon repayment of the loan and Ashley had insisted this was the best way for the club to restore some of their retail income.

Edited by steve444

Darren Murray was just in the Evening news about a week ago getting involved in some kids training franchise

Darren has recently bought the Midlothian franchise for Box Soccer Training and is also an employee of the company. 

The company Cathro started and is still involved with, that John Colqhoun is a director of. 

kingantti1874

So Ian Cathro has left Valencia as assistant manager to run the Rangers youth set up? Don't believe that

As I understand it Cathro's father is ill back in Scotland so he has given up his post to return here. As for going to Ibrox, think people on here are reading too many H*n websites who are making up some fantasy sh*te at the moment!

alicante jambo

Darren has recently bought the Midlothian franchise for Box Soccer Training and is also an employee of the company.

The company Cathro started and is still involved with, that John Colqhoun is a director of.

John colqhoun wow what a player he was.Dont think ill ever see a player like him again in a hearts strip.Nice to see hes still involved in football

It's a rueful Ashley image on the impartial BBC site now, not the laughing one after his court win.

Hungry hippo

It's a rueful Ashley image on the impartial BBC site now, not the laughing one after his court win.

It's the headline on that article that annoys me - 'Rangers win vote against Ashley'.

Given that it was a vote fir Rangers shareholders only it certainly wasn't a win for Rangers. As the article does go on to say the board won but you can't say Rangers won it.

It seems that Robert Sarver has decided to invest in another club. He has put in an offer of ?56M for La Liga side Levante.

http://cadenaser.com/emisora/2015/06/16/radio_valencia/1434442886_310560.html

http://www.talkingbaws.com/2015/06/16/failed-rangers-bidder-robert-sarver-has-made-an-offer-to-buy-la-liga-side-levante/

He is the owner of my local NBA team and has led us into utter irrelevance ever since he took over.  Not surprising considering where he went to uni.

tartofmidlothian

As I mentioned on the transfer thread, apparently MK Dons and Preston want Ian Black.

Jambof3tornado

Can MASH take them to court to sue them for the ?5mil?

If there isnt a date specified on the loan agreement I'd have said not,but its all ifs buts and maybes as none of us knows the nitty gritty of the agreement.

I would be amazed if MA has not filled it with clauses in his favour given how desperate sevco were to grab his lifeline.

The_razors_edge

Sun reporting today that rangers are looking to sign Stuart Dallas for ?1.5million. Clearly no lessons learned. How much did we spend last summer to canter to the title? I can only presume this is being reported to encourage the supporters to buy ST's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun reporting today that rangers are looking to sign Stuart Dallas for ?1.5million. Clearly no lessons learned. How much did we spend last summer to canter to the title? I can only presume this is being reported to encourage the supporters to buy ST's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is he the NI international that was playing at the weekend?

Is he the NI international that was playing at the weekend?

Not sure. My first thought was they'd extended the contract of that fud of a referee...but he'd come a lot cheaper than ?1.5M.

He'll obviously refuse it and he doesn't know what it is for or where it is from.

They are still the same club so how could he be due money from the liquidation that didn't happen....

Victor Meldrew

It's the headline on that article that annoys me - 'Rangers win vote against Ashley'.

Given that it was a vote fir Rangers shareholders only it certainly wasn't a win for Rangers. As the article does go on to say the board won but you can't say Rangers won it.

You can, though. The vote went the way that the board wanted it to. It's like when they say that a company has fought off a takeover - it means that the shareholders (or a majority of them) have done what the board wanted.

Dalstonjambo

Didn't he say he had already lent the new club cash? Presume this was because he knew he was getting this so wouldn't actually be anymore out of pocket.

Edited by Dalstonjambo

disgruntledfan

Maybe someone thats a bit wiser with these things can tell me.

When the old Rangers was wound up, where the hell did the BDO find ?20 million about ?

the sale of the club only generated ?5 million if I remember rightly, so did Rangers have another 15 million sitting about in accounts ?

Kind of lost on this 

I believe bdo took action against Collyier Bristo which resulted in a large chunk being returned to the pot

As for money put in by King I'm sure the three bears put it in with King promising to repay them when this money came through ( I could be wrong)

If King was to put any of his own money into Newco then this might attract attention from SA revenue. He had to sell off a few of his

luxurys to pay for his tax bill . Sure he has a large stake in this SA company which is doing well but same as here if he was to free up capital by selling shares then no doubt that money would be subject to some kind of SA tax .

Can I have fifty pounds to mend the stand

I am right on my uppers

I can pay you back

when this postal order comes from South Africa.

Honestly.

Hope the bladder trouble's getting better.

Love, Dave 

(with thanks to Ewan McTeagle)

Edited by Tasavallan

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

This is great news for me. If my business is liquidated I'm gonna make myself a creditor before just starting my business again with the exact same name pretending the insolvency never even happened. Then I'll use my creditor cash from the first one to boost the second one. Looks totes legit.

Edited by Diana Prince

The Future's Maroon

Having a sister who has MND, not the nicest of comments.

My Grandad died from that horrible disease, but to be fair to the poster they wouldn't have been trying to offend you personally. It is just the type of things people say on a forum without thinking "maybe this will offend someone", I have done it myself.

Sorry to hear that but there really wasn't anything wrong with what he said imo

Making a persons life limiting illness a good comparison to this situation is disgraceful. I did not take any personal offence but why can people not think before they post. I am getting too old for this sh..e. Hope the OP has no one in his friends or family that has the same illness.

That isn't confirmed, he has a claim in for money from rangers(il) doesn't mean it's valid. Wait until BDO divvy the money and report how much he gets.

It's the usual scottish press reporting something as a fact when it is not.

Unknown user

That isn't confirmed, he has a claim in for money from rangers(il) doesn't mean it's valid. Wait until BDO divvy the money and report how much he gets.

It's the usual scottish press reporting something as a fact when it is not.

Who decides the validity of the claims? And what of there's a disagreement about the validity?

Someone's splashing out an undisclosed fee... (possibly)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33148799

Rob Kiernan from Wigan.

If they pay fee's for players, I would be astounded. This guys had loads of clubs and birmingham dropped him after an iffy medical, sounds like just the player to light up the scottish 2nd tier this year.

Who decides the validity of the claims? And what of there's a disagreement about the validity?

BDO, who are the liquidators and any disagreements go to court, they don't just hand out cash if you ask for it, they will check he is a valid creditor and also get legal advice, if he is, he gets some dosh, if he isn't, GTF.

Former Rep of Ireland U-21 player.

Will be a popular choice for ra Loyal Berrs...

He will be getting abuse from the ugly sisters too lol

He sure had been about the place...

Birmingham City became Rob Kiernan's 11th different club when he signed on loan in February. Apart from his time at Watford and Wigan Athletic, he has also been out on loan with Kilmarnock, Yeovil Town, Bradford City (twice) Wycombe Wanderers, Accrington Stanley, Burton Albion, Brentford and Southend United.

Edited by steve444

If they pay fee's for players, I would be astounded. This guys had loads of clubs and birmingham dropped him after an iffy medical, sounds like just the player to light up the scottish 2nd tier this year.

Will there be any room in the Newco medical facilities to acomodatye another crock?  The newcastle boys filled the place up recently.

I wonder what wages he will be on in scottish 2nd tier? Cant see a player dropping from championship to on less than 7k?

Footballfirst

From the creditors report:

7. Dividend Prospects

The Joint Liquidators have virtually completed their adjudication process on creditors? claims. This process has involved the review of thousands of claims, some of which are complex requiring further investigation and, in respect of certain claims, legal advice.

The Joint Liquidators intend to make a distribution totalling in the region of ?10 million to unsecured creditors by the end of July 2015. Sums equating to the dividend payment in respect of contingent claims, for example HMRC?s claim in respect of the Big Tax case, will require to be retained until the relevant claim can be made or is withdrawn.

Our current estimate is that, once the relevant provisions are made, this will equate to an interim dividend of circa 6/7p in the ?.

Edited by Footballfirst

Unknown user

Making a persons life limiting illness a good comparison to this situation is disgraceful. I did not take any personal offence but why can people not think before they post. I am getting too old for this sh..e. Hope the OP has no one in his friends or family that has the same illness.

Looks like we'll need to agree to disagree then, it was clearly a tongue in cheek comment and nothing more sinister than that as far as I'm concerned.

Back on topic, it'll be interesting to see if they decide that HMRC's full claim is valid or if they decide that the EBT component part isn't after taking legal advice- that alone will make a huge difference to everyone else's dividend

• Maple Leaf locked this topic