The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Geoff Kilpatrick

Thats all I was asking. Thanks. But by that token if someone leaked confidential defence information to the rag, and they then printed it, knowing it was confidential / classified, they're snow white.

Journalism wouldn't exist without leaks.

King Of The Cat Cafe

Journalism wouldn't exist without leaks.

News Is What Somebody Does Not Want You To Print. All the Rest Is Advertising, or so said Lord Nothcliffe. But then he would, wouldn't he?

Footballfirst

Latest BDO Creditors Report (haven't read it yet)

http://www.bdo.co.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0008/1347695/RFC-progress-report-12-06-15-WEBSITE.pdf

Some highlights

HMRC were granted leave to appeal in the Court of Session in Scotland in respect of the UTT decision and this matter will be heard over a four day period commencing on 7 July 2015. No date has yet been set for matters referred back to the FTT.

The Joint Liquidators intend to make a distribution totalling in the region of ?10 million to unsecured creditors by the end of July 2015.

Our current estimate is that, once the relevant provisions are made, this will equate to an interim dividend of circa 6/7p in the ?.

UNSECURED CREDITORS
(20,030,000.00) Directors

Firm.......................... Fees ...............Outlays
Stephenson Harwood 6 ,091,233.46 423,147.57

Of the legal fees paid to Stephenson Harwood (?SH?), c?5.4 million relates to the Part 7 Claim. As previously advised, in order to pursue the Part 7 Claim it had been necessary to instruct the Company?s English lawyers, SH, on a Conditional Fee Arrangement basis (?CFA?).

Edited by Footballfirst

What time does the EGM start?

I was about to ask the same, but going by Farin's post above yours, I'm guessing it's started.... :unsure:

King Of The Cat Cafe

"I also want to create a way for supporters to participate in the Club that goes beyond what we have seen in the past and creates a new legacy for future generations."

'Foundation Of Rangers' in the offing?

"I also want to create a way for supporters to participate in the Club that goes beyond what we have seen in the past and creates a new legacy for future generations."

'Foundation Of Rangers' in the offing?

I suspect it would be more like the Hibs scam, sorry, scheme, than what we have at Tynecastle. :whistling:

It's maybe been answered earlier and I've missed it. But shouldn't the Daily Record be in the dock for printing confidential information and putting it in to the public domain ? Or are they legally covered ? Or just claim they didn't know it was confidential ?

Nope, they are covered by freedom of speech and freedom of the press. Newspapers very often print confidential material, it's not  a crime(most of the time). The person leaking it to them may get into trouble but not the newspaper itself.

Walter Bishop

"John Gilligan says the new investors have put in more than ?8million to Rangers so far and it is not in the best interests of the club to repay Ashley at this stage.
He adds, to a big round of applause: '"Trust us, please."

Add on ?5million to Ashley, theres your ?12 million transfer war chest gone!!! 

Edited by Walter Bishop

James Blair says yesterday's injunction was an interim decision. Full hearing still to take place

more money down drain then

Daily Record boycott next?

"John Gilligan says the new investors have put in more than ?8million to Rangers so far and it is not in the best interests of the club to repay Ashley at this stage.

He adds, to a big round of applause: '"Trust us, please."

Add on ?5million to Ashley, theres your ?12 million transfer war chest gone!!!

....and all that's been done with that ?12,000,000 is to tread water in the Championship, and keep the Club from sinking into another insolvency event. :blink:

....and all that's been done with that ?12,000,000 is to tread water in the Championship, and keep the Club from sinking into another insolvency event. :blink:

Exactly, sevco have been(and still are) a financial basket case since 2012 when they first started, the 3 stooges and the GASL have done nothing to change that. They burn horrific amounts of cash each month way above what they bring in.

Goldstone Wonder

This "not in the best interests of the club" to pay Ashley what they have contracted to pay him in terms of an agreed loan thing does my head in. I feel the same about paying fuel bills and makling mortgage poayments. I'd rather not do it and would rather spend the money on expensive holidays abroad but I've got to do it!

Footballfirst

From the BDO document, the funds remaining total is currently ?18.77M, with ?169M in claims including ?94M from HMRC (?72M related to the EBT claim).

BDO have accumulated ?10.77M in costs to date although half of that relates to the Collyer Bristow settlement.

King stands to receive an dividend of approx ?1.2M (at 6p in the ?) at the end of July, assuming his claim stands up.

Goldstone Wonder

"company entered into a contract with the ex-manager McCoist. Company has an obligation. We're honouring the contract. We're doing the right thing"

So it's the honourable thing to do to pay McCoist his wages and yet they don't want to pay back Ashley his ?5m ?.

exactly. presumably because Alistair is a "Rangers man".

Jambo 4 Ever

"company entered into a contract with the ex-manager McCoist. Company has an obligation. We're honouring the contract. We're doing the right thing"

So it's the honourable thing to do to pay McCoist his wages and yet they don't want to pay back Ashley his ?5m ?.

Yeah what a load of hibs!

Slightly different though surely. They have a contractual obligation to pay the gardener but, as far as we know, have no obligation to repay Ashley at this time.

Latest BDO Creditors Report (haven't read it yet)

http://www.bdo.co.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0008/1347695/RFC-progress-report-12-06-15-WEBSITE.pdf

Some highlights

HMRC were granted leave to appeal in the Court of Session in Scotland in respect of the UTT decision and this matter will be heard over a four day period commencing on 7 July 2015. No date has yet been set for matters referred back to the FTT.

The Joint Liquidators intend to make a distribution totalling in the region of ?10 million to unsecured creditors by the end of July 2015.

Our current estimate is that, once the relevant provisions are made, this will equate to an interim dividend of circa 6/7p in the ?.

UNSECURED CREDITORS

(20,030,000.00) Directors

Firm.......................... Fees ...............Outlays

Stephenson Harwood 6 ,091,233.46 423,147.57

Of the legal fees paid to Stephenson Harwood (?SH?), c?5.4 million relates to the Part 7 Claim. As previously advised, in order to pursue the Part 7 Claim it had been necessary to instruct the Company?s English lawyers, SH, on a Conditional Fee Arrangement basis (?CFA?).

I noticed under "unsecured creditors" there is ?20.03M assigned to Directors. I maybe wrong but does this ?20M claim belong to Dave King who has claimed many times now he gave this same amount to the club but is now in the process of wanting it back?

Another Robbo

maybe if they don't pay McCoist then SFA sanctions could follow.

Aye but they tried to embarrass him into walking away from it. They're two face back stabbing liars.

Footballfirst

I noticed under "unsecured creditors" there is ?20.03M assigned to Directors. I maybe wrong but does this ?20M claim belong to Dave King who has claimed many times now he gave this same amount to the club but is now in the process of wanting it back?

Yes. It is the same ?20M.  He will get an interim dividend of ?1.2M in July if the claim is valid.  He also promised previously that he would invest any money received from the oldco back into the newco.

Biffa Bacon

Yes. It is the same ?20M. He will get an interim dividend of ?1.2M in July if the claim is valid. He also promised previously that he would invest any money received from the oldco back into the newco.

That would be invest (in return for something, usually shares) rather than donate....

Yes. It is the same ?20M.  He will get an interim dividend of ?1.2M in July if the claim is valid.  He also promised previously that he would invest any money received from the oldco back into the newco.

Thanks FF. I maybe wrong in my thinking but Dave King speaks with forked tongue. So he never actually gave RFC ?20m he wants it back now only to give it to the new club but as a loan which he'll want back again if it goes belly up again.

maybe if they don't pay McCoist then SFA sanctions could follow.

Good point, footballing debt must always be payed.

Felix Lighter

Looks like the Zombies are not happy about being gagged by Ashley lol

This season rangers fans will mostly be wearing nappies.

I think they are going to need them.A merchandising stroke of genius by Ashley.

Here's 1 glaring lie from kings letter.

a0d7642e6dd3987ef9de2ebfc2d51f16.jpg

fcd8c8c0974888a3a7e99a3d6686dac7.jpg

Are suggesting for the first time that King is partial to the odd fib? :shark:

Who knew that king might be partial to a glib and shameless lie????

Seymour M Hersh

Christ on a bike! Glib and shameless doesn't really begin to cover it.

The article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2591251/Dave-King-My-father-anti-football-didnt-want-Rangers-fan.html

One of seven children ? four boys and three girls ? his policeman father Tom King witnessed the corrosive, disproportionate impact football had on Saturday nights in Glasgow.

?My father wasn?t at all keen on me becoming a Rangers supporter. He was a Glasgow policeman and because of that he resented the whole football scene in Glasgow.

?He was actually very anti-football. When we were kids growing up he was very vocal on his dislike of the bigotry in football. The police in Glasgow at that time saw it as a basis for thuggery.

?He saw what it did from a crime and disorder point of view in Glasgow. And as a family we were taught to reject the whole bigotry aspect surrounding football. That has stayed with me through the years.

?My father took me to that first game reluctantly, but I clearly remember seeing Ritchie, Shearer and Caldow in the classic Scot Symon team. It would have been 1965 or so and I was 10.

?Thereafter there were so many players I admired. Greig, McKinnon, Ralph Brand, Jimmy Millar. But it was never about individuals. It was more about the club.

This "not in the best interests of the club" to pay Ashley what they have contracted to pay him in terms of an agreed loan thing does my head in. I feel the same about paying fuel bills and makling mortgage poayments. I'd rather not do it and would rather spend the money on expensive holidays abroad but I've got to do it!

The question is not whether or not they pay it (they've never said the won't) but whether they pay it back early, just cause Mike Ashley asked them to....

....though if they are in any way in breech of the loan deal (like by leaking confidential details?) Ashley may be able to demand repayment, not just request it.

Here's 1 glaring lie from kings letter. a0d7642e6dd3987ef9de2ebfc2d51f16.jpgfcd8c8c0974888a3a7e99a3d6686dac7.jpg

He lies and doesn't even know he doing it. pseudologia fantastica or mythomania!!? His history and Walter Mitty personality is glaringly obvious to all except the SPFL and Orcs.

doctor jambo

When is stage 3 due out?

Its a special extended edition with unseen footage, in two parts.

Sports Direct employs freelance IS soldiers . Shocking. 

Ashleys did say he wanted his 5m back...

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

I want to know why they are wearing pampers?

My guess is it's got nothing to do with Rangers. Probably the breastfeeding protest from a year ago.

Diadora Van Basten

Sports Direct employs freelance IS soldiers . Shocking.

At least they got a nice day for it.

Stage 3.... To be continued

Stage 3.... We overspent and still didn't complete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Maple Leaf locked this topic