The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

The thing is he lies over stuff that really doesn't matter, why?

That's just how glib and shameless liar's roll.

WTF

Well none of the nappy wearers are Rangers fans.

Not a single Union Flag or Red Hand of Ulster tattoo to be seen.

Diadora Van Basten

It does look like Rangers have hired a PR company rather than do the stunt themselves.

Personally whilst people are getting their heads cut off by ISIS in the middle east then I think it's in very poor taste,

Unfortunately, they all have a bag over their head, so we cannot see how many teeth they have, and whether they are white, yellow, or black. Edited by Claudia

I would have rathered the Sports Direct protest would have been a human centipede chain with a Mike Ashley look-a-like shiteing in the first ones mouth

I P Knightley

All this sub-quoting better work. Took me effing ages.

"Dear fellow supporter

Rangers Football Club is about to BLAH BLAH BLAH. I assure all supporters they now have a Board they can trust to restore the Club?s fortunes.

I assure you just by saying, "I assure you." Don't ask.

BLAH BLAH BLAH The simple fact is that the Club is not yet ready to make a challenge for the Premiership title.

Would rather be in the Championship playing lesser teams like Alloa, Hibs and Falkirk than treading water in the mid-reaches of the Premiership? What a load of guff.

BLAH BLAH...we have to start with rebuilding the footballing side so that we end this next season as champions of the Championship
but instead of modelling ourselves on the last club to run away ans champions we'll do what we've always done...

BLAH BLAH Our Club cannot, and must not, get to the point where we celebrate mediocrity.
like producing DVDs to celebrate winning titles in the fourth and third tiers of Scottish football...

Blah shite blah... I will be engaging our retail partners to find a way forward to deal with the current concern of fans that purchasing replica kit and other merchandise does not support the Club to the extent that historically has been the case.
If the average Orc could read subliminal message, this would be a very clear message to boycott the club's own retail operation

more shite then...and more detail will be conveyed in the not too distant future.
aka. I haven't a clue what I'm doing. Can't believe they've given me the keys to Ibros! Woo Hoo!!

Haud oan! investment from shareholders can make a difference when dealing with funding shortfalls but is not a long-term solution.
"Funding from shareholders isn't a long term solution? I'm going back to business school - they've changed the fundamental principles without telling me.

Blah Blah... All season ticket proceeds will be fully invested in the footballing activities of the Club.
- where's the money coming from for all the overheads?

The wrong types have been removed from the Club
said with no shame...

I do not believe we should talk in exact numbers because we do not know precisely how much it will cost to rebuild and restore this wonderful Club.
"I don't want to get caught out on details"

In short. King's an arse.

I want to know why they are wearing pampers?

So they get toilet breaks at their sweatshop?

Angus Young

The glib and shameless liar did not even turn up for the meeting pot less Paul said he was in London interviewing a new manager AND WAS TO BUSY TO ATTEND. :uhoh2:

Anyone know how many seasons tickets Sevco have sold at this point for next season. This time last year they had sold 17,000.

The Mighty Thor

Reading in the super soar-away's fluff piece about 'Ashley Writs Anger' where the following little nugget jumped off the page at me.

Paul Murray is quoted as saying that 'Gers bosses (2012 version) were against the writs granted by courts but had to accept them. he then follows it up with this beauty;

'keeping supporters and shareholders in the dark is not an approach the directors are comfortable with'

Of course not Paul. Of course not.

Haven't a clue and don't care however I saw this and had a little chuckle to myself.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/dave-king-targets-45-000-rangers-season-tickets-1-3796456

That could have been written by Joseph Goebbels.

I think they will struggle to get 20k unless they announce a new manager(that isn't Stuart McCall) as well as 5-10 signings of reasonably well known players.

It will be interesting to see how much the GASL puts into the club if they only sell 20-25k.

The question is not whether or not they pay it (they've never said the won't) but whether they pay it back early, just cause Mike Ashley asked them to....

....though if they are in any way in breech of the loan deal (like by leaking confidential details?) Ashley may be able to demand repayment, not just request it.

Have I understood this correctly ? Ashley has loaned Rangers ?5 million but there is no provision or terms and conditions or time schedule as far as repayment is concerned and so Rangers feel they have the option to pay it back at their own convenience, whenever that might be, and possibly never ? That seems a bit of a glaring error for a shrewd billionaire businessman to have made does it not ?

Have I understood this correctly ? Ashley has loaned Rangers ?5 million but there is no provision or terms and conditions or time schedule as far as repayment is concerned and so Rangers feel they have the option to pay it back at their own convenience, whenever that might be, and possibly never ? That seems a bit of a glaring error for a shrewd billionaire businessman to have made does it not ?

Very shrewd indeed. The longer Rangers hang on to the ?5m, the longer SD rakes in merchandising and branding cash - and that won't be buttons. And, at the end of the day, they still owe Ashley ?5m. Brilliant bit of business.

disgruntledfan

I am sure there is some very small print that will enable him to claim the ?5 million back but I dont think he wants to be honest, he just likes rocking the boat and showing King and Co up for what they are. He has basically all the retail side sewn up, he has nearly all their buildings, he has a notice that they cant use Ibrox as collateral for anything, all the IPs. I would say Ashley was in a very strong position for his ?5 million. 

it is a good point, but I suspect it is more a case of ask first, and try to keep things reasonably civil, then bring in the lawyers later. The large legal fees Ashley claimed over the injunction on Thursday wasf probably a little sign to Rangers that Ashley has deep pockets and will not skimp on using "Five lawyers for every one of yours"...if Ashley has to take legal route, it will be costly to Rangers if he wins with costs. Remember King spent a fortune on lawyers in South Africa. He'll not fancy this going all the way...

There are other contracts, not just the loan, so you don't go straight to the lawyers in such instances. Plus, by asking directors and shareholders and being refused, he probably strengthens his case, especially with statements like those of the RST becoming record...

Edited by Spellczech

I think they will struggle to get 20k unless they announce a new manager(that isn't Stuart McCall) as well as 5-10 signings of reasonably well known players.

It will be interesting to see how much the GASL puts into the club if they only sell 20-25k.

It  really is quite laughable how they just jump from one crisis into another. King spouting off that they will spend whatever it takes to get back to their "rightful" place in the SPL. No doubt they will continue to pay exorbitant wages to mediocre players who can only see ?? signs.

Can't wait for King to announce how much of his own money he is going to invest in the club!! I wonder if he will give it to the club or maybe he will take a leaf out of Ashley's book and make it a loan which he can line his pocket with.

Jambo-Jimbo

King has already stated that his investment is dependant on the number of season tickets sold.

King bands all these figures about, Rangers need this amount, that amount and so on, but what he hasn't said since he took over is how much he is going to put in.

He wants 45,000 season tickets sold as that way he can put in as little as possible, and most of the orcs just can't see that.

Maybe King will put in more if they only sell 25,000, maybe not, guess we'll have to wait and see.

One guy was interviewed outside of Ibrox yesterday and was asked about the board wanting the fans to trust them, his reply 'Of course I trust them, they're real Rangers men' or words to that effect.

King has already stated that his investment is dependant on the number of season tickets sold.

King bands all these figures about, Rangers need this amount, that amount and so on, but what he hasn't said since he took over is how much he is going to put in.

He wants 45,000 season tickets sold as that way he can put in as little as possible, and most of the orcs just can't see that.

Maybe King will put in more if they only sell 25,000, maybe not, guess we'll have to wait and see.

One guy was interviewed outside of Ibrox yesterday and was asked about the board wanting the fans to trust them, his reply 'Of course I trust them, they're real Rangers men' or words to that effect.

I saw that as well, part stupid, part blinkered, part naive, part blind loyalty, part wishful thinking, part deluded - and all Orc..! :rolleyes:

Getintaethem

"John Gilligan says the new investors have put in more than ?8million to Rangers so far and it is not in the best interests of the club to repay Ashley at this stage.[/size]He adds, to a big round of applause: '"Trust us, please."[/size]

?8 million in 3 months? In that time they've not signed a single player, where is all this money going? No wonder King has changed his tune, rescuing Sevco must be like filing a bottomless pit.

?8 million in 3 months? In that time they've not signed a single player, where is all this money going? No wonder King has changed his tune, rescuing Sevco must be like filing a bottomless pit.

he probably included the purchases of shares, which investments have now gone down in value...

he probably included the purchases of shares, which investments have now gone down in value...

Yes, apparently that figure includes the share purchases which conveniently omits to mention that the share purchases did not benefit the company in any way, only the person they bought the shares from, so the 8m "investment" is a load of crap. They have in fact invested no money in the club as the money they have put in is in the form of loans which require to be paid back at some point or converted to equity(at which point they will become an investment).

And if they haven't paid the LNS fine they cant be far off getting another registration ban.

i wish jj was my dad

Haven't a clue and don't care however I saw this and had a little chuckle to myself.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/dave-king-targets-45-000-rangers-season-tickets-1-3796456

"Rangers long suffering support'.

They've had three years to endure not being part of the duopoly!!

I am sure there is some very small print that will enable him to claim the ?5 million back but I dont think he wants to be honest, he just likes rocking the boat and showing King and Co up for what they are. He has basically all the retail side sewn up, he has nearly all their buildings, he has a notice that they cant use Ibrox as collateral for anything, all the IPs. I would say Ashley was in a very strong position for his ?5 million. 

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail/12227853.html was the Stock Exchange announcement of the facility. One bit I'd forgotten was that from 2017/18, all of the shirt sponsorship will go to Big Mike as well as those shirt sales and other tat. So, whilst there's no repayment schedule in place, it's clear he'll make a decent return on that loan no matter how long it's in place. 

"Rangers long suffering support'.

They've had three years to endure not being part of the duopoly!!

Their suffering is also in part their own fault. Whilst other clubs fans have rallied round to help their club, they just sat and waited for the next rich benefactor to pick up the baton. Turned out the rich men have been Chaz Green, the Easdales and now Dave King...a rogues gallery like you are likely to see on Crimewatch...I wouldn't subscribe to a share issue by any of these goons

Very shrewd indeed. The longer Rangers hang on to the ?5m, the longer SD rakes in merchandising and branding cash - and that won't be buttons. And, at the end of the day, they still owe Ashley ?5m. Brilliant bit of business.

Never mind what Ashley rakes in. If we assume the "7%" number equated to the old 50-50 profit split, then the 25% they have given up to hang onto the 5 million is costing them 3.5% of revenue as "interest" in effect.

50 quid per seems to be the nominal price for their tops. they claim (no laughing at the back) to sell 500,000 per year. IF that were the case, that's gross revenue of 25 million, and 3.5% of that is 875,000 quid p.a. On a 5 million loan, that's an eye watering 17.5% interest. I'd call that an incentive to pay back a loan!

Even if we take a more reasonable number for shirt sales - say 50-100 thousand - it's still between 1.75% and 3.5% interest, so not peanuts. Given everything else Ashley holds due to the loan, there's still a pretty strong incentive.

Recall the MASH statement - I read the bit about the "incentive to repay" along the lines of "we set up this loan so that as soon as it wasn't a loan from 'us to us' (SD loaning to a company MASH effectively controlled) following a takeover, only a blithering idiot wouldn't repay it". Yet GASL hasn't repaid it. So either he's an idiot or he's skint

if I may make a crude analogy, you lend a mate 100 quid and he promises to pay you back, and you trust him, but just as a "joke" you say "and if you don't pay me back I get to ride your girl". Well a few weeks later, you run into him again, and he has a huge lobotomy scar on his forehead, and when you ask for your dosh back he tells you his girl's up for it, because they'd decided to use your 100 quid to buy her a pair of shoes. I don't think you'd feel your mate was right in the head, and you'd be right.

Edited by YULhmfcfan

New manager etc will give them a positive focus.

King said he will bring money to table soon. But questions about the continuing gap between income and spending won't go away.

Poor appointment imo but results will be everything and should get promotion if they can get some players in.

buys everyone time.

Bet they didn't have many serious candidates

risky

ToadKiller Dog

Kenny Macintyre ?@bbckennymac 10m10 minutes ago

#BBCSportsound Mark Warburton & Davie Weir will be confmd .@RangersFC mngmnt team in next 24 hours. No role at present for Cathro #Rangers

Big crazy wages I expect given the Warburton guy must have been looked at by some championship sides , but a decent management team but didn't Brentford fail in the playoffs .

#BBCSportsound Mark Warburton & Davie Weir will be confmd .@RangersFC mngmnt team in next 24 hours. No role at present for Cathro #Rangers

I met Davie Weir once, a true gentleman. Although he did turn into a torn faced git when he played for the Huns.

As far as Mark Warburton taking the 'poison chalice', surely he knows he could get a better opportunity in the championship dan sarf.

Wonder how ST sales are going

Slowly!!!

I know someone who works at Ibrox who was brought on to help with the demand of season ticket sales.

She got the job pre playoff games, as they thought there would have been a big demand when they got promoted.

However she said it's been quiet and after 10am she has had very little to do each day.

Gigolo-Aunt

Big crazy wages I expect given the Warburton guy must have been looked at by some championship sides , but a decent management team but didn't Brentford fail in the playoffs .

Would not say he failed, its more a case of the achievement that he had Brentford so high up the table.

If the story is true, very surprised that Rangers have managed to lure him North of the border as his stock in England is pretty high at the moment.

Stuart McCall will be beilin :) he ended the season talking about next year as if he had the job.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Would not say he failed, its more a case of the achievement that he had Brentford so high up the table.

If the story is true, very surprised that Rangers have managed to lure him North of the border as his stock in England is pretty high at the moment.

Agree with this. Has a much better track record than Stubbs, for example.

durhamhearts

Slowly!!!

I know someone who works at Ibrox who was brought on to help with the demand of season ticket sales.

She got the job pre playoff games, as they thought there would have been a big demand when they got promoted.

However she said it's been quiet and after 10am she has had very little to do each day.

Only renewals at the moment a bit like our phase 1 they have not opened it up for new season ticket sales yet (from a season ticket holder at Ibrox)

Slowly!!!

Hopefully another one milking the cow, although they do not even pay the 'living wage'. Disgrace...

Warburton and weir could turn out to be a good appointment on the other hand they may fail miserably. They wont have any time to settle in or build a team, they have to hit the ground running.

That may be their big problem, no time to build.

Still don't think they will get anywhere near 45k season tickets.

ToadKiller Dog

Would not say he failed, its more a case of the achievement that he had Brentford so high up the table

Was an attempt at a joke comparison with Rangers failing to get promotion in the playoffs .

I agree did a good job at Brentford .

JamboHeriot

I'm thinking that the only reason Warburton would take such a backward step in his career is for the money, and promise of a warchest. Which is pleasing because, if true, that's more money they're pissing up the wall. I hope in no uncertain terms that they both crash and burn at Ibrox.

And he's not praying

Pretty decent appointment from them.

He'll bring in new players and will have time to get them organised for the new season.

gaza_1986, on 14 Jun 2015 - 10:30 AM, said:

Danny Wilson to be the new management teams first signing

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Edited by Frankly Mr. Shankly

Jambof3tornado

Warburton and weir could turn out to be a good appointment on the other hand they may fail miserably. They wont have any time to settle in or build a team, they have to hit the ground running.

That may be their big problem, no time to build.

Still don't think they will get anywhere near 45k season tickets.

They have plenty time to build. Plus their only challenge comes from the hibees. Either way sevco will scramble their way back into the top flight next season.

Pity.

They let their club die!

• Maple Leaf locked this topic