The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Footballfirst

Rangers latest signing target according to Level5PR, sorry,  the Daily Record, is Spurs youth player Harry Winks

Ok. I'll give you all a little hint on Rangers next signing target. Nudge nudge etc (er that's it)

Right, off to bed. Sure the back page will be up soon *wink wink*

Right, really am going to bed now. No fooling. And yes, it is Harry Winks.

Harry Winks would be an odd one as he has barely any match experience. Spurs do loan their young players out but generally to decent level clubs down south but this sounds like rangers are trying to actually sign him.

Don't think spurs would be selling him if he is exceptional. Why would they? Nothing dampens my mood re rangers after the journey inexplicably stalled.

Edited by Riccarton3

Gigolo-Aunt

That would be an excellent signing should Rangers manage to get him.   He is very highly rated at Spurs.

That would be an excellent signing should Rangers manage to get him. He is very highly rated at Spurs.

And by definition, he.won't be joining them permanently, however attractive the journey from the lower leagues is.

Footballfirst
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-boss-mark-warburton-chases-5957583

Rangers boss Mark Warburton chases loan deal for Spurs kid Harry Winks as he steps up revival at Ibrox
THE Rangers boss is looking to strengthen his midfield and wants to secure highly-rated youngster Harry Winks on a season-long loan deal.

MARK WARBURTON has opened talks with Spurs about a possible loan deal for highly-rated ?teenager Harry Winks.

Record Sport can reveal sources in London have confirmed the Rangers boss has registered his interest in taking the 19-year-old midfielder to Ibrox on a season-long deal.

Warburton may have to work hard to convince Tottenham?s hierarchy one of their prized youngsters would benefit from a ?10-month stint in Scottish football?s second tier.

But Warburton has a strong working relationship with the club he supported as a boy and at Brentford last season managed to land Alex Pritchard from the Spurs youth academy.

Pritchard secured a place in the England side at the European Under-21 Championships and is expected to be knocking on the door of Mauricio Pochettino?s first team when the Premier League kicks-off in August.

Pochettino is believed to be keen on Warburton?s methods which is why the Englishman hopes he can persuade the Spurs boss to allow Winks to move north.

The teenager made his top-team debut coming off the bench in their Europa League win over Partizan Belgrade last season.

But the England Under-19 star will have to gain first-team experience elsewhere before Pochettino will consider him ready for the top flight.

Konrad von Carstein

The desperation about everything rangers is just terrific from that rag.

Same can be said for some of our "esteemed" posters on here...  :toff:

Geoff Kilpatrick

I actually think that what they are doing makes good sense. Eustace has probably been signed to provide leadership, while if they capture this guy it is akin to signing a hungry youth player who wants to prove himself. Better that than overpaying for diddies like Ian Black.

Seymour M Hersh

Will Spurs view the 2nd tier of Scottish football as suitable for his development? 

Harry Winks would be an odd one as he has barely any match experience. Spurs do loan their young players out but generally to decent level clubs down south but this sounds like rangers are trying to actually sign him.

In their dreams. Hopefully Spurs will loan him out to anybody apart from that mob. 

Fantastic to see Rangers scrabbling around journeymen and loan deals. Even Hibs have moved on from that side of the market.

I actually think that what they are doing makes good sense. Eustace has probably been signed to provide leadership, while if they capture this guy it is akin to signing a hungry youth player who wants to prove himself. Better that than overpaying for diddies like Ian Black.

Has useless actually signed? know he was up for talks but haven't seen anything announced.

Talking about season tickets, does anyone know if they are close to the magical 45,000 mark yet?

Last number I saw was 12k, think that was thursday or friday. Dunno how accurate it is.

When I saw the nudge nudge post, thought they were about to sign sid james!!!

Anyway, why would spurs send out a promising player to play for a season in the scottish championship? also playing on a few artificial pitches which aren't the best quality, unlikely to assist his development when i'm sure there would be english clubs that would like to have him, playing a better standard of football.

King of the North

The laughable bit about that record article is the opening line - 'steps up the revival at ibrox'.

Must've missed the start of that 'revival', although that'd be easy enough to do given there have been no games since they were humped by Motherwell.

So when did it start - with the arrival of king? No, hang on, he's skint and has failed on every promise he made.

With the removal of Ashley and the onerous contracts? No, wait that's all still in place.

With the 45 000 ST sales? Nope, let's not even go there?

With the 'over investment' in the playing squad? Nope, wait, they've lost loads of players and signed a total journeyman in Rob Kiernan, and a 35 year old crock in Eustace - who hasn't actually signed yet, and may not. Plus a player many hearts fans are glad to see the back of.

I'm curious when this 'revival' began, and what form it has taken. As far as I can see they are more fecked than they were when the season finished.

Taking our rejects?

Doing 'a Hearts' next season?

Copying our straplines?

Jambos without bus passes these diet Jambos from Govan. That's all they are....

:)

i wish jj was my dad

The desperation about everything rangers is just terrific from that rag 

The Huns on here lap it up as well.  Sometimes I wonder if tender lamb balls has an account on here with some of the the PR they get from our mates that like the idea of second teams.

lost in space

The laughable bit about that record article is the opening line - 'steps up the revival at ibrox'.

Must've missed the start of that 'revival', although that'd be easy enough to do given there have been no games since they were humped by Motherwell.

So when did it start - with the arrival of king? No, hang on, he's skint and has failed on every promise he made.

With the removal of Ashley and the onerous contracts? No, wait that's all still in place.

With the 'over investment' in the playing squad? Nope, wait, they've lost loads of players and signed a total journeyman in Rob Kiernan, and a 35 year old crock in Eustace - who hasn't actually signed yet, and may not. Plus a player many hearts fans are glad to see the back of.

I'm curious when this 'revival' began, and what form it has taken. As far as I can see they are more fecked than they were when the season finished.

Excellent post. Thank you.

alwaysthereinspirit

Yet another new signing?  They must have loads of dosh to pay development fees.

CIiJdlQWIAIVVTU.jpg

Probably use the money Dundee Utd were forced to give them.

We'll get offered 23,000 pounds from them. Maybe.

Taking our rejects?

Doing 'a Hearts' next season?

Copying our straplines?

Jambos without bus passes these diet Jambos from Govan. That's all they are....

:)

Diet Jambos. Quality. That would make a decent chant if and when we next meet.

Angus Young

Nail on head they have placed a plaster over a gaping wound with the Glib and shameless pot less liar in charge and pot less Paul running the show they require the orcs to pony up with season ticket money as if and when it all goes wrong on the park the walk up orcs will vanish.

They wont pay MA His 5 million so the onerous contracts stay and the silence from the Glib and Shameless Pot Less Liar is deafening to everyone except your average thick headed deluded ORC. 

Apparently we have more season ticket holders than Rangers at the moment.

Rangers offer current season ticket holders c25k plus anyone who who had one in the last 2 years till Tuesday to renew.

john james (@sitonfence) says:

June 26, 2015 at 2:16 pm

SS

I made my point on spin in another piece. It might not pass moderation as I name and shame certain individuals who operate in our Fourth Estate. You asked a specific question about what Ashley wants. I think it?s important to note that Ashley was reluctant to engage with Rangers. Sandy Easdale courted him. Somers was bitterly disappointed when he bought his shares in an opaque way via Banque Paribas. Somers wanted a statement of intent to ward off the threat of King. When Ashley used the threat of an EGM to remove Wallace, who was openly courting King, and Crichton, who had one eye on selling Laxey?s equity, Nash was the collateral damage.

At the request of Somers and Easdale, Ashley gave us Llambias & Leach.

King criticised the new board. He pointed out that they would only invest ?20M over the next few seasons. He stated that austerity was not necessary. King then set about dismantling the club, driving our share price, which was launched at 70p, to 18p, prior to his acquisition.Taylor, Park & Letham also bought shares at this induced level. Ashley, whose wings were clipped by the SFA, was sidelined. Note the first time that you heard about the 3 Bears was in a Traynor PR piece that stated that these individuals had contacted the SFA and that they had been given a green light.

Ashley, in my opinion, only wanted control to further the interests of Sports Direct.

He would have been a generous benefactor. He stepped forward with ?10M. The fact that Llambias and Leach, whom he trusted, were the custodians of the ?10M, provided a level of comfort.

However, King orchestrated a concerted campaign to vilify Ashley and promote the credentials of the Real Rangers Men. So Ashley stepped back and awaited their cash on the table. The SD solicitors were fully aware of their exposure should the hostile takeover be successful. They therefore secured all the assets. Let?s be quite clear about this. Rangers play in a stadium that they own but cannot sell or use as a security on a loan. Rangers train at a facility that they own and could only sell to another footballing concern if they could find a buyer with an offer of ?5.65M.

The crests and historic trademarks are listed in the Intellectual Property Register as owned by Sports Direct. Access to the club deck, via The Albion Road Car Park, could at any time be withdrawn. The block at Edmiston House is so dilapidated that there may be a compulsory purchase order by GCC should SD provide their permission.

To reverse this shocking state of affairs the current board were asked to repay a loan.

They had hoped that well-heeled investors would provide the ?5M at NARSA. But they had no security to offer them. They hoped to pay off the loan with an equity release, but undermined any attempts by appointing a convicted criminal as chairman, Note how Sandy Easdale was never elevated to any position on the RIFC board. King not only elevated himself, he chose to be our chairman.

There will be no more loans from Ashley should the current board continue. It is just a matter of time until they are forced to step down as they will be trading whist insolvent. King realises this, hence his offer to sell out to Ashley.

If the season ticket income is well subscribed (currently only 12,000 have renewed) then we will run out of money prior to year end. If not, this takeover will collapse by August.

The SFA had better be prepared to relax their rules on dual ownership as Ashley is our only safety net, no matter how reluctant he may be.

Source

https://rangerssupportersloyal.wordpress.com/2015/06/25/spin-on-this/#comments

Rangers offer current season ticket holders c25k plus anyone who who had one in the last 2 years till Tuesday to renew.

SS

I made my point on spin in another piece. It might not pass moderation as I name and shame certain individuals who operate in our Fourth Estate. You asked a specific question about what Ashley wants. I think it?s important to note that Ashley was reluctant to engage with Rangers. Sandy Easdale courted him. Somers was bitterly disappointed when he bought his shares in an opaque way via Banque Paribas. Somers wanted a statement of intent to ward off the threat of King. When Ashley used the threat of an EGM to remove Wallace, who was openly courting King, and Crichton, who had one eye on selling Laxey?s equity, Nash was the collateral damage.

King criticised the new board. He pointed out that they would only invest ?20M over the next few seasons. He stated that austerity was not necessary. King then set about dismantling the club, driving our share price, which was launched at 70p, to 18p, prior to his acquisition.Taylor, Park & Letham also bought shares at this induced level. Ashley, whose wings were clipped by the SFA, was sidelined. Note the first time that you heard about the 3 Bears was in a Traynor PR piece that stated that these individuals had contacted the SFA and that they had been given a green light.

Ashley, in my opinion, only wanted control to further the interests of Sports Direct.

He would have been a generous benefactor. He stepped forward with ?10M. The fact that Llambias and Leach, whom he trusted, were the custodians of the ?10M, provided a level of comfort.

However, King orchestrated a concerted campaign to vilify Ashley and promote the credentials of the Real Rangers Men. So Ashley stepped back and awaited their cash on the table. The SD solicitors were fully aware of their exposure should the hostile takeover be successful. They therefore secured all the assets. Let?s be quite clear about this. Rangers play in a stadium that they own but cannot sell or use as a security on a loan. Rangers train at a facility that they own and could only sell to another footballing concern if they could find a buyer with an offer of ?5.65M.

The crests and historic trademarks are listed in the Intellectual Property Register as owned by Sports Direct. Access to the club deck, via The Albion Road Car Park, could at any time be withdrawn. The block at Edmiston House is so dilapidated that there may be a compulsory purchase order by GCC should SD provide their permission.

To reverse this shocking state of affairs the current board were asked to repay a loan.

They had hoped that well-heeled investors would provide the ?5M at NARSA. But they had no security to offer them. They hoped to pay off the loan with an equity release, but undermined any attempts by appointing a convicted criminal as chairman, Note how Sandy Easdale was never elevated to any position on the RIFC board. King not only elevated himself, he chose to be our chairman.

There will be no more loans from Ashley should the current board continue. It is just a matter of time until they are forced to step down as they will be trading whist insolvent. King realises this, hence his offer to sell out to Ashley.

If the season ticket income is well subscribed (currently only 12,000 have renewed) then we will run out of money prior to year end. If not, this takeover will collapse by August.

The SFA had better be prepared to relax their rules on dual ownership as Ashley is our only safety net, no matter how reluctant he may be.

Source

I was speaking to a Rangers fan whilst on holiday and he was so full of shit it was laughable. I haven't got the time to write it all but here are a few snipetts.

King has plugged all the leaks from the club so no more rumours about potential signings etc. He then proceeds to tell me about certain players they are going to sign and when asked how he knows this says, ah jist ken.

They have sold or will sell 45k season tickets. When asked how he knew this, ie did he have a crystal ball he replied you jist wait and see pal.

They have made a profit of 12.3 million for last season. I nearly choked on my San Miguel after that statement and when asked why he replied that they have won a court case re the Ticketus fiasco and this is the amount of money they have won.

He also stated that they will have the league won by the end of January.

His main concern seemed to be the fact that we still had a stadium to play in as we had gone into Admin and should have lost this and the whole world is against Rangers.

You couldn't make it up really. 

Probably use the money Dundee Utd were forced to give them.

We'll get offered 23,000 pounds from them. Maybe.

As a Rangers fan said to me when challenged on this very subject he said, it wusny us that made the decision so that makes it ok. This comes from a guy who is convinced that every football fan and authority is against them.

When asked about the decision they made re the Alexander pay dispute he was happy to accept their explanation but they are still against them, unbelievable. Pot ans Kettle spring to mind.

I take it this was just the one and only time you spoke to him on holiday?

Sounds like he had heatstroke. Poor man.

No unfortunately him and his wife were with friends of ours and we had several of these sort of conversations. He had factor 50 on so his waffling was genuine.

CIiJdlQWIAIVVTU.jpg

"out of the frying pan into the fire" for Holt is my opinion...

I hope it didn't completely ruin your holiday.

No, it was really quite amusing because he actually believed everything he said. 

"out of the frying pan into the fire" for Holt is my opinion...

Fair play to the lad if he makes the move.

After all we decided not to keep him.

ToadKiller Dog

Yet another new signing? They must have loads of dosh to pay development fees.

CIiJdlQWIAIVVTU.jpg

Got to admire the scouting system the Orcs have put in place , searching far and wide for talent .

He's young and talented and won't be on huge wages. Development fee aside, which isn't a huge amount of money in the grand scheme of things, this is the sort of signing rangers should've been making all along.

Fair play to the lad if he makes the move.

After all we decided not to keep him.

Not really. We did offer him a new contract.

Not really. We did offer him a new contract.

Did he not want regular first team football and if this is the case and he signs for Rangers then he will still be a squad player and not a regular starter I would think.

Did he not want regular first team football and if this is the case and he signs for Rangers then he will still be a squad player and not a regular starter I would think.

He's at the stage now where he just needs a paid job

A salutary lesson in a player allowing his agent to put utter bullshit in his head.

Do rangers currently have any central midfielders? The young laddie murdoch is the only one i can think of. I'm sure they'll sign some, but they'd have to bring in 4 or 5 of a pretty decent quality for jason to be a squad player.

This is the type of shit that gets right on my tits. Why should the SFA help them out?

This is the type of shit that gets right on my tits. Why should the SFA help them out?

because they are ra peepul

tartofmidlothian

And that's the least intriguing part of your post!

SS

Source

Interesting piece. some of the comments below it are very illuminating as well. Particularly with regard to the eustace transfer, I wondered what was happening there as he came up for talks and then nothing, seems he asked for a signing on fee and it looks like that has scuppered the deal.

Hubz also asked for all of any fee for allan up front, no instalments, and again that deal has been scuppered before it got off the ground, another comment was falkirk asked for the same when sevco enquired about one of their players, looks like the word is out and sevco will get no credit from scottish clubs when trying to buy players.

Looks like some of the more intelligent orcs are seeing through the smoke and mirrors of the glib and shameless liars pr campaign.

CIiJdlQWIAIVVTU.jpg

I suspect their interest will end when they find out their is a development fee payable.

Jambo-Jimbo

There used to be a poster on the Rangers share site with the username of sitonfence.

They were also pro-Ashley & the Easdales and very anti King, they came out with some info which ended up to be true on more than one occasion IIRC, the kind of info which could only have come from an insider but they also said some things that didn't happen as well, however you were often left with the impression that they knew more than they said, it was even suggested that sitonfence was in fact Jack Irving, funny enough sitonfence never denied it IIRC.

Interesting.

Do rangers currently have any central midfielders? The young laddie murdoch is the only one i can think of. I'm sure they'll sign some, but they'd have to bring in 4 or 5 of a pretty decent quality for jason to be a squad player.

Nicky Law is still there as well as shiels.

Nicky Law is still there as well as shiels.

Sure, but Holt wants to play as a deep lying midfielder. Law and Shiels are effectively forwards playing as advanced midfielders

• Maple Leaf locked this topic