The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Angus Young

Completely agree Boris. The interesting aspect of this for me is they have no scouting network and have employed a manager whose area of expertise is the lower leagues in England. With the wages paid down south I think it's really difficult to find the hidden gems they need to identify with the budget available. If most of the gambles on these players don't come off quickly the natives will be restless by the end of September.

Around two thirds of the sevconians who were used to seeing Engerland Internationals and Dutch Super stars grace castle grey skull will not accept these bargain basement freebies 19 thousand season ticket sales is all that is in the budget.

The Glib and shameless Liar and Pot Less Paul are drip feeding the season ticket money to the new Manager and his Assistant and with 2 ex Managers and 2 ex Coaches on Gardening leave now the pot will soon be empty and with the Dark Shadow of MA Over the club with his onerous contracts securities and 5 Million pounds needing to be paid this is going to be fun watching the implosion.

Footballfirst

I think that they are risking being somewhat under prepared for the start of the season, with only one 1st team friendly scheduled (v Burnley) on 21st July, just four days before the Hibs game.

Even their website says: "Rangers will complete their pre-season friendly programme with closed doors games in the coming weeks."

Footballfirst

Ricky Foster is also unhappy with the manner of his exit from the club.

?The way it finished at Rangers ...I?m still yet to have a phone call, a letter or any correspondence from the club,? Foster revealed. ?And I think all the players that left are in the same boat.

?Personally, I don?t think that?s the way you do business.

?Also, the chairman coming out and having a go at the players that left although he?s probably only seen us play a couple of times. I would make no comment on him as a businessman because I don?t know him.

?It?s just a shame that he felt he had to make a comment on us.?

?It?s never nice to hear that criticism when you?re out and about, especially when you?re with your family,?

?At 3 o?clock on a Saturday it?s fine, that?s your job but when you?re out with your family it?s not nice to be part of.

?Hopefully that doesn?t happen up here. If it does, I?ll try and deal with it better than I have previously but I?m not good at that and I tend to bite back a bit too much.?

OmiyaHearts

Around two thirds of the sevconians who were used to seeing Engerland Internationals and Dutch Super stars grace castle grey skull will not accept these bargain basement freebies 19 thousand season ticket sales is all that is in the budget.

The Glib and shameless Liar and Pot Less Paul are drip feeding the season ticket money to the new Manager and his Assistant and with 2 ex Managers and 2 ex Coaches on Gardening leave now the pot will soon be empty and with the Dark Shadow of MA Over the club with his onerous contracts securities and 5 Million pounds needing to be paid this is going to be fun watching the implosion.

Snake Mountain.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I'm guessing Dave King's children won't be losing any sleep over their inheritance possibly being spent.... :whistling:

I'm.guessing Dave King's children just roll their eyes and say: "aye, good one Dad", every time he opens his mouth. Something the MSM should have maybe thought about doing too?

I think that they are risking being somewhat under prepared for the start of the season, with only one 1st team friendly scheduled (v Burnley) on 21st July, just four days before the Hibs game.

Even their website says: "Rangers will complete their pre-season friendly programme with closed doors games in the coming weeks."

Saves on the stadium/travel costs though. Dalmahoy will not be happy that the Sevco entourage aren't booking suites for the Petrofrac cup game.

Independence

Jesus wept the trivial crap on this thread...... should be transferred to a Rangers forum.

Mods, is this the longest running non-pinned thread in the history of JKB?

Keep it open I still there are more disasters to fall upon new Rankers and I  would like to read it here and then open the champagne.

One thing for sure is that whatever you say it does take a certain strong mentality to play for the old firm. You need to have a strong mind, very thick skin and be able to deal with the Glasgow fishbowl.

I don't seee that any of the players signed or linked to Sevco have this mentality whether they are vaguely decent players or not.

The bizarre nature of new Rangers continues IMO.

And things aren't moving that quickly - the pre season games point being another valid point.

Seymour M Hersh

:spoton:

Poster is in his seventies and fought in the war type post IMO.

Desperately looking to offended type post imo.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Jesus wept the trivial crap on this thread...... should be transferred to a Rangers forum.

Mods, is this the longest running non-pinned thread in the history of JKB?

The Bears Den mob can have it in a free transfer!

Not without a development fee.  This thread has been here from day one.

Still, I don't think we should be difficult to deal with.

Footballfirst

8,000 according to that font Phil Mcgdhhdehduqhfdweofiwfief

http://www.philmacgiollabhain.ie/ibrox-season-ticket-sales-and-the-emergence-of-a-sevco-samizdat/

He is reporting the position as at a week earlier.  It was also 8,000 + 2,500.

I suspect that the total sold to date will be nearer the 19K figure than the 10.5K.  Those sales must have come from the existing ST holders (24K).  What will be interesting to note will be how many extra they sell, i.e. how many of those who boycotted the club last season (on the advice of King & co.) will return.

Today was the last day for renewals, with the general sale opening up in a week's time.

He is reporting the position as at a week earlier.  It was also 8,000 + 2,500.

I suspect that the total sold to date will be nearer the 19K figure than the 10.5K.  Those sales must have come from the existing ST holders (24K).  What will be interesting to note will be how many extra they sell, i.e. how many of those who boycotted the club last season (on the advice of King & co.) will return.

Today was the last day for renewals, with the general sale opening up in a week's time.

I wonder if there will be fisticuffs when the returning RRM come back to to sit next to the, er, loyal RRM...

http://www.philmacgiollabhain.ie/ibrox-season-ticket-sales-and-the-emergence-of-a-sevco-samizdat/

Chris Jack in the Evening Times says 19k and some bloke on TSFM has a pal who phoned Ibrox as he knows staff and as at today it was just over 13k.

Who is telling the truth?

When it comes to this farce, probably no-one.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Chris Jack in the Evening Times says 19k and some bloke on TSFM has a pal who phoned Ibrox as he knows staff and as at today it was just over 13k.

Who is telling the truth?

When it comes to this farce, probably no-one.

A Septic fan from TSFM as an accurate source?

:laugh:

Tommy Brown

8k - 19k ? unless we knew an employee who could draw up the true figure from their database it's all conjecture tbh. One thing isn't in doubt & that's how imperative good S.t's sales are for working capital for the coming season. Especially as King seems reluctant to part with his much vaunted war chest. :thumbsup:

Are there not any Sevco dot counters? :wink:

how funny that the "non-conformists" of Rangers are sceptical of King, yet on here our "free-thinkers" back him to the hilt...?

not surprising really, they ended up here, on the wrong board in the 1st place.

Angus Young

He could be right with the 8000 figure i am sure i read somewhere that they pay up the season tickets in 3 stages so in reality they possibly have sold 24k and recieved the first of the 3 instalment payments.

Jambo-Jimbo

8k - 19k ? unless we knew an employee who could draw up the true figure from their database it's all conjecture tbh. One thing isn't in doubt & that's how imperative good S.t's sales are for working capital for the coming season. Especially as King seems reluctant to part with his much vaunted war chest. :thumbsup:

Even if it's 19k that's still 5k short from a full take up on renewals (24k) from last season.

I would have thought there would have been a massive rush to renew because once they sell the 45k season tickets there won't be much room left for walk-ups.

Maybe some of the orcs haven't fallen for the lying King's fantasy's after all.

Spellczech

Even if it's 19k that's still 5k short from a full take up on renewals (24k) from last season.

I would have thought there would have been a massive rush to renew because once they sell the 45k season tickets there won't be much room left for walk-ups.

Maybe some of the orcs haven't fallen for the lying King's fantasy's after all.

What's wrong with them?

- Second tier football again

- A new manager who may or may not be great or merely a flash in the pan

- Meh players signed, certainly compared to what they are used to and 'deserve'

- 5% price hike

- 2 matches against us replaced with sexy St Mirren

- A guarantee from King that he will overspend(again) and if necessary pick up any shortfall should fellow fans not stump up

- Continuing boardroom debacle to discuss at halftime

What are they waiting for?

Edited by Spellczech

I P Knightley

He could be right with the 8000 figure i am sure i read somewhere that they pay up the season tickets in 3 stages so in reality they possibly have sold 24k and recieved the first of the 3 instalment payments.

It wouldn't surprise me if that was the logic he applied because the man's an arse.

There's a world of difference between selling 8,000 STs - you can only budget for set revenue for the season from 8,000 people - and selling 24,000 STs (your budget becomes three times greater). 

Neither of them is 45,000, though!

Angus Young

21,500 according to official sources.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/9554-season-tickets-pass-20k

That equates to around 90% renewals.  Not really surprising as these are the folk who didn't boycott the club.  The bigger challenge will be to attracts those back who did boycott the club last season.  

They Glory hunters will not return unless millions of pounds are spent on Marquee signings which the Glib and Shameless Liar promised but has not delivered

21,500 according to official sources.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/9554-season-tickets-pass-20k

That equates to around 90% renewals.  Not really surprising as these are the folk who didn't boycott the club.  The bigger challenge will be to attracts those back who did boycott the club last season.  

Wasn't it the case that those with a season ticket prior to the boycott of last season could renew too? (I never saw an official statement on that, just read it on this thread I think)

The Gasman

Wasn't it the case that those with a season ticket prior to the boycott of last season could renew too? (I never saw an official statement on that, just read it on this thread I think)

That was certainly stated on here, and if it's accurate, suggests King may be deep in the shit over his budget.

King of the North

Phil Mcthingmy gets a rough ride on here and some of the time it's probably justified. He does come across as a sergay type figure but it has to be said - some of the time he is bang on the money.

'exposingtherhats' on the other hand ... That particular 'source' is taking fabricated and poorly punctuated guff to new levels. Phil's stuff is Pulitzer Prize winning in comparison.

Still, I'm sure the Hun hordes will lap it up, since grammar, accuracy, not to mention basic levels of human social interaction are beyond most of them.

Edited by King of the North

Footballfirst

So 10% of St holders haven't renewed? So far obviously.

Ouch.

That's not that bad.  Even 9% of Hearts ST holders didn't renew during the initial period.

As I said above it will be how many of the 12,000 or so boycotters from last season return to the fold who will determine the final total and the club's income.

I estimate that the average income per ST will be around ?265 for this season, so the ST income at various sales levels will be as follows:

25,000 - ?6.6M

27,500 - ?7,3M

30,000 - ?8.0M

32,500 - ?8.6M

35,000 - ?9.3M

37,500 - ?9.9M

40,000 - ?10.6M

42,500 - ?11.3M

45,000 - ?11.9M

The last income figures they reported were for 2013/14 (SFL Div 2) when they had 36,000 ST sales earning ?7.7M at an average ?214 per ST (net of VAT)

Last season, following the boycott, they reported final ST sales of 24,589, but with an average price increase of around 18% for the Championship season. That would have grossed them around ?6.1M at a ?250 average.

Had they matched the previous season's  sales figures, then they would have netted ?9M, which means that the King inspired boycott actually cost the club ?2.9M. 

Edited by Footballfirst

That's not that bad.  Even 9% of Hearts ST holders didn't renew during the initial period.

As I said above it will be how many of the 12,000 or so boycotters from last season return to the fold who will determine the final total and the club's income.

I estimate that the average income per ST will be around ?265 for this season, so the ST income at various sales levels will be as follows:

25,000 - ?6.6M

27,500 - ?7,3M

30,000 - ?8.0M

32,500 - ?8.6M

35,000 - ?9.3M

37,500 - ?9.9M

40,000 - ?10.6M

42,500 - ?11.3M

45,000 - ?11.9M

The last income figures they reported were for 2013/14 (SFL Div 2) when they had 36,000 ST sales earning ?7.7M at an average ?214 per ST (net of VAT)

Last season, following the boycott, they reported final ST sales of 24,589, but with an average price increase of around 18% for the Championship season. That would have grossed them around ?6.1M at a ?250 average.

Had they matched the previous season's  sales figures, then they would have netted ?9M, which means that the King inspired boycott actually cost the club ?2.9M. 

i can see them getting 30,000/32,000 Sts.. for the coming season as they will have lost a sizable portion who have found more enjoyable things to do on matchdays since the boycott.  Also in the past, some fans feared not getting a preferred seat for old firm derbies etc........so they had to get a season ticket, now the choice is in their on hands.  If you are used to going to a match with a group of pals, in the same seats. The Boycott really upset the applecart

Yeah it was me that posted that.

If the seat from 2 seasons ago was available you could renew - wasn't made public by Rangers but known by supporters (I assume via word of mouth on forums etc).

As said earlier when I posted it, I know that as Brother in law was a sevco boycotter who is now going back with his pals and they enquired about their renewal

I suppose it makes sense considering it was King who encouraged the boycott

The Gasman

i can see them getting 30,000/32,000 Sts.. for the coming season as they will have lost a sizable portion who have found more enjoyable things to do on matchdays since the boycott. Also in the past, some fans feared not getting a preferred seat for old firm derbies etc........so they had to get a season ticket, now the choice is in their on hands. If you are used to going to a match with a group of pals, in the same seats. The Boycott really upset the applecart

Orangecart, surely..? :P

Tommy Brown

Administration & liquidation - Rangers fans don't do walking away

Old board - we're boycotting until King takes charge

King in charge - I'm no watching that shite.

Angus Young

The Glib and Shameless Liar along with the corrupted MSN Trying to get the orcs to buy in to the lying kings vision.  http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/rangers/13365856.Dave_King_praises__phenomenal__Rangers_fans_after_season_ticket_surge/?

this is propaganda we all know king has no money and needs the orcs cash 21k have renewed but this information is from a proven liar now the glory hunters need to buy tickets but a lot of them have seen through the liar and will not be swindled

Edited by munch2

The Glib and Shameless Liar along with the corrupted MSN Trying to get the orcs to buy in to the lying kings vision.  http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/rangers/13365856.Dave_King_praises__phenomenal__Rangers_fans_after_season_ticket_surge/?

this is propaganda we all know king has no money and needs the orcs cash 21k have renewed but this information is from a proven liar now the glory hunters need to buy tickets but a lot of them have seen through the liar and will not be swindled

What?  Microsoft are in cahoots too?

(I know what you meant, by the way, I'm just being mischievous.)

Its pretty pathetic how they go running to the papers when they need to put a bit of pressure on someone - obviously they dinnae want to pay these players holiday pay, a wee phone call to the the media puppets and the pressure is now on said players throughout Scotland. ****ing nippy

colinmaroon

how funny that the "non-conformists" of Rangers are sceptical of King, yet on here our "free-thinkers" back him to the hilt...?

Had to chuckle at that.

The Mighty Thor

The glib & shameless director might need to dip into that warchest sooner than you think. [emoji1]

614a880646f51ef727f612e0d1b59f85.jpg

:lol:

It never rains but it pours.

Poor Dave. All he's trying to do is restore the Rainjurs back to their proper place :(

Its pretty pathetic how they go running to the papers when they need to put a bit of pressure on someone - obviously they dinnae want to pay these players holiday pay, a wee phone call to the the media puppets and the pressure is now on said players throughout Scotland. ******* nippy

it was the same initially when Naismith and Davis said they weren't staying - lots of negative stuff on behalf of Charles Green

but it soon changed

The glib & shameless director might need to dip into that warchest sooner than you think. [emoji1]

614a880646f51ef727f612e0d1b59f85.jpg

and all he had to do was make the effort to talk to them, thank them for their efforts etc

remember these are the same players who refused a pay cut

good on them for getting what is due to them

colinmaroon

Just imagine the Manky Stream Scottish Media if this was Hearts under Mad Vlad.

Lithuanian Millionaire Refuses to Meet Legal Entitlement for Holiday Pay!

SPFL set to ban transfers !

• Maple Leaf locked this topic