The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Berrs not happy about this STV comment.  Demanding to know "who wrote it?"

Another day, another Rangers transfer target. The Ibrox club are certainly keeping themselves busy over the summer.

Jason Holt is the latest player to be linked with a move to Govan, with the 22-year-old midfielder's Hearts contract expiring at the end of the season - meaning he could move as a free agent. Danny Wilson, Lee Wallace, David Templeton, Holt... imitation is the highest form of flattery, so they say.

Sure, but Holt wants to play as a deep lying midfielder. Law and Shiels are effectively forwards playing as advanced midfielders

What a complete waste he would be as a deep lying mudfielder. Is that for his harrying and tackling ability?

Berrs not happy about this STV comment. Demanding to know "who wrote it?"

Another day, another Rangers transfer target. The Ibrox club are certainly keeping themselves busy over the summer.

Jason Holt is the latest player to be linked with a move to Govan, with the 22-year-old midfielder's Hearts contract expiring at the end of the season - meaning he could move as a free agent. Danny Wilson, Lee Wallace, David Templeton, Holt... imitation is the highest form of flattery, so they say.

The trouble with rangers and its backers is they expect everyone to have the dignity and integrity they are renowned for. It's unrealistic and they'll always feel let down.

colinmaroon

Fair play to the lad if he makes the move.

After all we decided not to keep him.

My understanding is, he wanted to play in a role that he's not really suited for and, there's no way that RN or CL would countenance that and, apart from that, he was offered a deal but didn't think it was for him.

I'd be angry too. The phrase is imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

looks like the word is out and sevco will get no credit from scottish clubs when trying to buy players

brilliant

Angus Young

MSM Put spin on to big up there latest target   http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3142615/Reece-Wabara-compared-Barcelona-star-Dani-Alves-defender-nears-Rangers-move.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

In MSM World The Ex Manchester City player with mentions of Barcelona And he it appears he is likened to Danny Alves.

In the Real world he is a Doncaster Rovers reject.

In the Glib and Shameless Liars world he is costing no money.

MSM Put spin on to big up there latest target   http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3142615/Reece-Wabara-compared-Barcelona-star-Dani-Alves-defender-nears-Rangers-move.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

In MSM World The Ex Manchester City player with mentions of Barcelona And he it appears he is likened to Danny Alves.

In the Real world he is a Doncaster Rovers reject.

In the Glib and Shameless Liars world he is costing no money.

I would reckon the only similarity is that they are both black!!!

Frees from Doncaster Bradford and Alvechurch !!!

It's safe to say The Rangers don't have the proverbial pot to piss in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm guessing Dave King's children won't be losing any sleep over their inheritance possibly being spent.... :whistling:

Jambo-Jimbo

But, but, but, there is going to be an over investment don't you know.  :uhoh2:

Unknown user

But, but, but, there is going to be an over investment don't you know.  :uhoh2:

The way things are looking, what we've seen so far might already be an over investment!

I dinnae hink we can take the piss for them doing, what eveyrone has said they should have been doing, from the start re player recruitment to be fair.

I dinnae hink we can take the piss for them doing, what eveyrone has said they should have been doing, from the start re player recruitment to be fair.

Agree. If they have started to cut their cloth at long last, it should be applauded.

Skivingatwork

I dinnae hink we can take the piss for them doing, what eveyrone has said they should have been doing, from the start re player recruitment to be fair.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment of what you're saying, I believe the piss take is more aimed at the phrases King et al have been spouting for months around "?50m investment", "war chests", "over investment to secure promotion".

That's not media spin, these are actual quotes from the current chairman. So when they start shopping on an austerity budget, they rightly leave themselves open for a bit of stick.

Jambo-Jimbo

Whilst I agree with the sentiment of what you're saying, I believe the piss take is more aimed at the phrases King et al have been spouting for months around "?50m investment", "war chests", "over investment to secure promotion".

That's not media spin, these are actual quotes from the current chairman. So when they start shopping on an austerity budget, they rightly leave themselves open for a bit of stick.

You forgot the best one; 'I've a Nomad lined up already'

Auld Reekin'

Agree. If they have started to cut their cloth at long last, it should be applauded.

OK, you lads "applaud" it then - I think I'll just carry-on having a fair old chortle at their expense.

Edited by Auld Reekin'

OK, you lads "applaud" it then - I think I'll just carry-on having a fair old chortle at their expense.

We can all chortle at their expense - and we will - but if they're now doing what we all complained they weren't doing for all these years, we can also applaud.

Auld Reekin'

We can all chortle at their expense - and we will - but if they're now doing what we all complained they weren't doing for all these years, we can also applaud.

OK - fair point - you're right of course and I'm all for them getting the clap.   :innocent:

OK - fair point - you're right of course and I'm all for them getting the clap.   :innocent:

Me too - and we can still hope that they never ever win a match again (whilst still applauding of course) :)

Edited by davieholt

It is through necessity, nothing else, not a permanent change of ethos. The freakish level of their support/backing in such a wee country means they will resort to the old ways as soon as it is possible.

Edited by Riccarton3

It is through necessity, nothing else, not a permanent change of ethos. The freakish level of their support/backing in such a wee country means they would resort to the old ways as soon as it were possible.

They're not spending money when they have it, and when they do they will.

Seems reasonable.

Edited by 2NaFish

Glamorgan Jambo

The sort of players they're looking at are totally appropriate for their situation.

The funny thing is the meeja putting spin into overdrive amongst an array of unheard of free agents. Dani Alves aye right....

Defo no gonnae applaud them

The sort of players they're looking at are totally appropriate for their situation.

The funny thing is the meeja putting spin into overdrive amongst an array of unheard of free agents. Dani Alves aye right....

plus the media will turn any player signing for Rangers into an asset that's going to add something to Scottish football

be interesting how many of their youngsters get near the team - new manager does have form for backing youngsters

I hope it didn't completely ruin your holiday.

Worst sight on any holiday abroad is seeing the inevitable old firm "family" on holiday, all dressed in their new rangers/celtic taps. Boak.

menstrie1874

Worst sight on any holiday abroad is seeing the inevitable old firm "family" on holiday, all dressed in their new rangers/celtic taps. Boak.

Feel that way about families dressed in any kit

heartmussel

They can sign a team of Boy Scouts, Rangers fans I know seem to think major reconstruction next season will see them in top flight wherever they finish. Sadly I tend to agree.

They can sign a team of Boy Scouts, Rangers fans I know seem to think major reconstruction next season will see them in top flight wherever they finish. Sadly I tend to agree.

it would be a good thing them trying to force through reconstruction, it's one of the few things I think would galvanise the fans of other clubs again and have supporters threatening their clubs with boycotts if the rules were circumvented for the sole purpose of helping one team.

you need more than 1 closed seasons notice to change the league so sevco are going to have to earn promotion honestly with integrity like everyone else.

For league reconstruction to occur in 2016/2017, it would have to be passed before a ball is kicked this coming season - and that's looking increasingly unlikely as the days pass - so they're going to have to gain promotion on the pitch.

King Of The Cat Cafe

I'd be angry too. The phrase is imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

And that is only half of it!

As Oscar Wilde put it, "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness."

Ahead of his time; predicting Sevco all those years ago...

Footballfirst

So far we have:

Signed: Wilson (CB), Kiernan (CB)

Linked: Eustace (DM), Foderingham (GK), Wabara (RB), Lang (CB), Halliday (CM), Holt (CM)

Edited by Footballfirst

So far we have:

Signed: Wilson (CB), Kiernan (CB)

Linked: Eustace (DM), Foderingham (GK), Wabara (RB), Lang (CB), Halliday (CM), Holt (CM)

those ratios are about right. Will keep the Bears happy to think they are signing three times as many players as they actually are. It is the OF way...

Jambof3tornado

Wonder how many newcastle loan signings will be dropped off at ibrox the day before the season starts??

Wonder how many newcastle loan signings will be dropped off at ibrox the day before the season starts??

probably not going to come from Newcastle

:jjyay:

Footballfirst

Sevco to play English Championship side Burnley in a friendly . I see they've only sold 19k of the hoped for 45k S.T's to date also...

I think their renewal period ends today.

It's all a bit of a conundrum for The Rangers.

As has been mentioned, they do now seem to be cutting their cloth appropriately i.e. no marquee signings as yet, but is this prudence going to get the fans signing up for ST's in their droves?

So far, it seems, that Rangers are targeting journeymen pros and young, not particularly stand out players.

Mediocre, I think best sums it up.

Now, this may well be entirely fruitful for them, which will say a lot about the state of the game in Scotland, but I just don't see how it relates to the uber-arroganct expectations of Ra Peepil.

Still, I'm sure it'll be fun to watch!

Footballfirst

Maybe they could afford contracts on the basis of this piece of memorabilia from 1939 re Bob McPhail's contract. Note even then they were still founded in 1873 and not 1872 as they claim now.

CIvtwPpWcAA6hy5.jpg

King Of The Cat Cafe

As has been mentioned, they do now seem to be cutting their cloth appropriately i.e. no marquee signings as yet, but is this prudence going to get the fans signing up for ST's in their droves?

So far, it seems, that Rangers are targeting journeymen pros and young, not particularly stand out players.

Now, this may well be entirely fruitful for them, which will say a lot about the state of the game in Scotland, but I just don't see how it relates to the uber-arroganct expectations of Ra Peepil.

They probably do not need any marquee signings. Do they not still have the one that was used at the EGM at Ibrox a while back?

Footballfirst

They probably do not need any marquee signings. Do they not still have the one that was used at the EGM at Ibrox a while back?

I'm afraid not. It was only on loan from Sports Direct.

doctor jambo

The signings and liked players certainly show the ambition-

scrape into the top flight, then have to buy an entire new squad once there, as the players they currently have are not top flight quality

Happy days

If anything so far their squad is worse than last years

Franco Fascione

Jesus wept the trivial crap on this thread...... should be transferred to a Rangers forum.

Mods, is this the longest running non-pinned thread in the history of JKB?

Edited by Franco Fascione

tartofmidlothian

Jesus wept the trivial crap on this thread...... should be transferred to a Rangers forum.

Mods, is this the longest running non-sticky thread in the history of JKB?

:yas:

CLOSE THREAD NOW NOTHING TO SEE HERE WHY IS THIS ON A HEARTS FORUM!!!!!!! :angry:

Ages since we've had one of these.

Franco Fascione

:yas:

CLOSE THREAD NOW NOTHING TO SEE HERE WHY IS THIS ON A HEARTS FORUM!!!!!!! :angry:

Ages since we've had one of these.

The Bears Den mob can have it in a free transfer!

Completely agree Boris. The interesting aspect of this for me is they have no scouting network and have employed a manager whose area of expertise is the lower leagues in England. With the wages paid down south I think it's really difficult to find the hidden gems they need to identify with the budget available. If most of the gambles on these players don't come off quickly the natives will be restless by the end of September.

Edited by Jodami

• Maple Leaf locked this topic