The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

i wish jj was my dad

Stuart McCall will be beilin :) he ended the season talking about next year as if he had the job.

IIRC one of our resident huns got quite excited about his appointment.  While he was an obvious improvement from the two clowns before him he still massively under achieved.  

Just like any other manager nobody knows how well they will turn out, however on the face of it this does look like a good appointment.

Hungry hippo

I'm amazed they've got him. Would appear to be an excellent appointment given the state they're in.

They have plenty time to build. Plus their only challenge comes from the hibees. Either way sevco will scramble their way back into the top flight next season.

Pity.

They let their club die!

They have plenty of time to get players in that's for sure. But they are starting from scratch and if you are simply throwing numbers and money at it, without much structure to it, there isn't a guarantee you will get a fully gelled squad by the end of August, in fact I'd say it's next to impossible. Add to that the guy himself is new to Scottish football and will have to rely on Weir quite a bit.

As it stands at the moment for me, Hibs are slight favourites to win that league, but it's very close and St Mirren are also in the mix. Falkirk and QOS might also improve. It's a hard hard league to get out of and Rangers are by no means shoe ins to get out next season, even if they do find a ?12 million war chest it's not a foregone conclusion.

disgruntledfan

I would imagine they wont come cheap, so any savings they have made with the release of the players, will more than probably be swallowed up by Warburton and his back room staff. So they now have to go out and get a good few players in for the big push next season, once again I would imagine this wont be cheap. They are probably going to be leaking cash faster than they were last season with sticking plaster loans left, right and center. All this to get back to the premiership. If this fails, Sevco are a goner.

BangkokHearts

They'll get found out up here. A few poor results against Championship strugglers and it will be business as usual at Ibrox. 

Boooo!

Why was it announced in march he - with Brentford in playoffs - was leaving club at end of season. Seems very strange.

Brentford. Nice wee inoffensive club performing a bit above their station for the first time in their history. Did a decent job but no more than that really. Unexplained publicly why he left so that's a question mark right away.

Let's see how he goes at a messy monstrosity of a club that 70% of the football interested population despise with a passion and the other 30% genuinely expect to see in the Champions league group stages in 2-3 years.

He will have to have balls of steel and a lot of talent to go with it. He will have to sign 10 players and get 8 of them right. No room for error. Must go up in one season or he is back to the stock exchange. Unnecessarily risky job to take and he's mad if he does IMO

Edited by CollyWolly

Why was it announced in march he - with Brentford in playoffs - was leaving club at end of season. Seems very strange.

Brentford were bringing in a new management system, warburton would no longer have the final say on player signings, they were going to be using a mathematical moneyball type system and he didn't fancy it.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mark-warburton-admits-main-reason-9197939

Ibrahim Tall

Warburton inherited Uwe Roslers Brentford team who narrowly missed out on promotion the previous year. Rosler then added to squad before he left. Warburton took over an already good team imo.

The main part of Warburtons sporting director job prior to Rosler leaving was identifying and new signing players, if you're going to dismiss it as being Roslers team you also need to credit him for helping build that team in the first place.

Warburton offered the job as he Kneads the dough......

I can see him rising quickly

Geoff Kilpatrick

Warburton offered the job as he Kneads the dough......

PUNS!

WAY HEY!

BRAVEHEART1874

derek mcinnes signs extension for Aberdeen then sevco announce warburton Monday No doubt saying he was always first choice ;)

Only renewals at the moment a bit like our phase 1 they have not opened it up for new season ticket sales yet (from a season ticket holder at Ibrox)

Not sure to be honest, all I know is she is board and half expecting to be told the position isn't needed.

Jambo-Jimbo

Brentford were bringing in a new management system, warburton would no longer have the final say on player signings, they were going to be using a mathematical moneyball type system and he didn't fancy it.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mark-warburton-admits-main-reason-9197939

And if he goes to sevco, King has publicly this week stated that he'll have the final say on who comes in or doesn't.

I just wonder what tripe Weir has filled his head with, and I certainly hope that Warburton hasn't believed everything that his new chairman has told him.

i do hope this appointment will not affect Allys gardening venture, as there has been a steady flow of roasters for the last three years.........

Can someone mock up the rangers badge so that it says "BREADY" instead of "READY", please?

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Guy talks a lot of sense tbf.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/brentford/10712963/Brentford-reap-dividend-in-League-One-as-former-City-boy-Mark-Warburton-strikes-it-rich.html

Still a hugely risky appointment. To misquote Top Gun, I think his confidence may have just written a cheque his ability can't cash.

The things foik do to earn a crust........i see him now, bicycle in one hand loaf in the other, walking up that hill to the Hovis tune, to arrive at castle greyskull.........God, i feel sorry for him already

FarmerTweedy

In all seriousness, what is to stop King or someone else close telling someone else who will be manager and then going to put a bet on it?

I doubt any bookie would accept a bet of any significant size on a market like that.

BUNS!

WAY HEY!

great toast

fixed that for both you.

Edited by 2NaFish

I'll be amazed if the new managerial team at rangers bring in the changes the fans want.

I see them all calling the appointment of Warburton a new direction for the club and a step away from the standard Scottish manager style as they are calling it.

The problem is they are now controlled by the same bunch of crooks that were involved in the sinking of the original ship. Dress it up how they want the blame for it falls at the door of Murray and the rest of the team who over spent by millions and spent 11 million on the likes of Flo.

The same group that were happy to punt Le Guen because the players didn't like the idea of modernising the club to European standard.

If they think they can just spend their way to competing with Celtic again then they are going under again. I think King knows that which is why he is keeping the money tighter and the fans will hate him for it because they're idiots.

What King is suggesting right now is that they win the championship by living within their means on season tickets etc. For a club that size it should be easy but the fans won't get it. It's actually funny to see the new board going in a realising they will need to fork out a fortune to fix the mess left behind before they can plow it into the team.

Edited by Bauld

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

And if he goes to sevco, King has publicly this week stated that he'll have the final say on who comes in or doesn't.

I just wonder what tripe Weir has filled his head with, and I certainly hope that Warburton hasn't believed everything that his new chairman has told him.

I hope he has.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Can only assume that Mark Warburton had no decent offers. That's a quality appointment for the Huns, it really is.

I have followed this thread for over three years, but i am continuously bewildered by which way the Gers are going. As an Edinburgh lad i feel good when Tynecastle and, yes Easter Road are filled to the rafters.  (been to nearly all the derbies since 1980ish).  

What baffles me is Rangers like The Celtic have the obvious potential to be the biggest followed clubs in the world.......America, Austrailia, Canada etc............How can so many dodgy charactors be drawn to Scotland.....Still happy after yesterdays equaliser.....

5098f923f7de3774bf0a9c3f5bb5af68.jpg

ab53c370933030b16ef4456bfb6a44f6.jpg

Introduced on the Steps of Ibrox[emoji1]

Dave King delighted as he spreads the good news

Edited by Dannie Boy

5098f923f7de3774bf0a9c3f5bb5af68.jpg

ab53c370933030b16ef4456bfb6a44f6.jpg

My favourite Movie, Rocky, followed be Casablanca and then Back to the future(The Rangers Cut)..............

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herald says the London injunction doesnt extend to Scotland, MA should have gone to the Court of Sessions in Scotland.

Typical southerner, thinks English Law applies in Scotland. Only to a certain degree , and injunctions dont.

Go on King lets hear it all today.

Lol.

Chip

Shoulder

:)

Warburton is vastly overrated.

Been saying it all season.

When I've seen Brentford they've been completely mediocre. Yes they had a good season and in theory fought above their weight but as a London club they still have a good draw and investment

And it says a lot that the owners didn't want him to remain.

I wouldn't be singing from the rooftops as a Hun with him as manager.

Edited by Jammy T

5098f923f7de3774bf0a9c3f5bb5af68.jpgab53c370933030b16ef4456bfb6a44f6.jpg

My favourite Movie, Rocky, followed be Casablanca and then Back to the future(The Rangers Cut)..............

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They (Rangers) employed ageing super heroes last season at great expense but these ventures only ever work in the movies ;)

I had to check up who Warbuton is, as I'd not heard of him before. 

Seems to have a decent 3 or 4 years and seems to have done reasonably well at Brentford.

(Who incidentally bought Lewis MacLeod from Rangers to help pay the January/February wages.)

Might turn out to be a great manager for them, might be another failure, only time will tell, but I doubt he'll be 'cheap'. 

At least he'll be able to sign his own players and develop his own team, though he'll not have much time to do it, nor much of a 'war-chest' to spend. 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I had to check up who Warbuton is, as I'd not heard of him before.

Seems to have a decent 3 or 4 years and seems to have done reasonably well at Brentford.

(Who incidentally bought Lewis MacLeod from Rangers to help pay the January/February wages.)

Might turn out to be a great manager for them, might be another failure, only time will tell, but I doubt he'll be 'cheap'.

At least he'll be able to sign his own players and develop his own team, though he'll not have much time to do it, nor much of a 'war-chest' to spend.

Yeah, I was waiting on the Lewis McLeod link coming up. Weird one. It's what Sounness used to do.

He has only got the job as thats all they can afford.  How will he take to the Scottish game?

There has only been 2 changes to the Championship this season dont forget, and we all know and expect them losing to Morton lol

Phil D. Corners

He has only got the job as thats all they can afford.  How will he take to the Scottish game?

There has only been 2 changes to the Championship this season dont forget, and we all know and expect them losing to Morton lol

Having David Weir as assistant will help with the Scottish game. Getting him in was a good peace of work.

If they don't win the league he will be toast.

Roll on the new season, should be a piece of cake.

Did anybody find out the result up here ?

Interim interdicts served by sheriff officers on thursday night to board members at home.

Re the jurisdiction of the courts, the rangers retail agreement could well have been signed under english law, only the documents would tell you that but ashley has gone for belt and braces by getting it done in both countries.

Angus Young

IMO The Glib and Shameless Liar does not have any money he needs 45k orcs to buy season tickets to fund his plans.

IMO The Glib and Shameless Liar does not have any money he needs 45k orcs to buy season tickets to fund his plans.

GSL is in the blame deflection game. He knows full well he isn't going to get 45k ST holders and he's not about to underwrite that funding requirement himself. He virtually said as much himself. However he has something to blame failure on now.

Not sure Warburton's a good appointment or not, but heard a BBC interview with and he was full of management waffle, wittering on about KPIs and the like. Should be interesting one way or another.

And he's not praying

Good appointment on paper.    Cant see him agreeing to come to Rangers unless he has a bit of backing with the player recruitment.

Some apparent IN THE KNOW posters on a Rangers forum I was just looking at, reckon he's been given an initial combined transfer and wage budget of ?6 million for the season. 

Edited by Frankly Mr. Shankly

Gigolo-Aunt

Not sure Warburton's a good appointment or not, but heard a BBC interview with and he was full of management waffle, wittering on about KPIs and the like. Should be interesting one way or another.

Got a link to that?

Good appointment on paper.    Cant see him agreeing to come to Rangers unless he has a bit of backing with the player recruitment.

You hope, as one of our most sympathetic Hun followers. 

I wish him nothing but pain.

Good luck to him with the glib & shameless FFP liar.

Game on.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic