The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

i question craig whyte's sanity. i take it he's planning on doing a lord lucan after he's creamed off whatever he stands to cream off from this larceny.

it's not exactly the greatest day in the buns history... but by the looks of things there could be mountains more pain still to come. whyte will not be forgiven lightly by the bun army. unless you stood to gain an enormous sum of money, why would you lpace yourself in this position? surely to hell he must have realised this was all likely to happen before he took over.

he might end up making a bob or two from this, but i imagine he'll be less than popular if rangers go bangers heavenwards, and will always have to be looking over his shoulder for 'ra peepul'.

alwaysthereinspirit

Craig shite said he used one of his other business as collateral. But that could be baws.

Has anyone tried to work out what assets rangers own? Can't Be much.

Well there's the Fleck kid and I read on here that he'd be the next world class player to come out off Scotland. :lol: I have to assume that football isn't his first sport of choice.

No I'm not talking about the tribunal. HMRC's case against Rangers which is due to be heard.

There is no "court case" RM.

HMRC took Rangers to a Tax Tribunal last month. This is the "case" that has been heard, and the result is expected March/April. :thumb:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Zero sympathy for them. Years and years we've been screwed over by them, karma has come to bite them in the arse.

In all of this massive thread, this is the one comment that speaks volumes of what I feel about this situation. B)

Well there's the Fleck kid and I read on here that he'd be the next world class player to come out off Scotland. :lol: I have to assume that football isn't his first sport of choice.

Allan McGregor is worth 20 mill according to half wit Goram.

Rudolf's Mate

There is no "court case" RM.

HMRC took Rangers to a Tax Tribunal last month. This is the "case" that has been heard, and the result is expected March/April. :thumb:

No worries mate. Thought it was a case however no understand why CW is now coming out telling people why it's more than expected.

They are royally rooked! No pun intended :D

Francis Albert

Killie chairman has already said they need Rangers. If a NEW Rangers are formed they can apply to the SPL and the clubs vote on wheather to accept it (which they would I believe) and the SPL can impose further penalties that have been vited on by the ither clubs.

And under existing rules they need 9 votes out of 11 to bring in a new club. Or 8 out of 11 to change the rules on admission of a new club. So there needs to be 3 clubs willing to play tough with Rangers. TBH I am not optimistic there will be that many but it could be a wonderful opportunity if such 3 clubs could be found. Vlad/Sergiejus/Southern start lobbying now please.

Edited by Francis Albert

Stand by for the SFA investigation into Whyte as "fit and proper" being quietly filed away so as to, quote, "Not exacerbate a difficult situation"!

.....however no understand why CW is now coming out telling people why it's more than expected.

Must admit that is a strange one....:unsure:

Agree that they seem Donald Ducked. :D

And under existing rules they need 9 votes out of 11 to bring in a new club. Or 8 out of 11 to change the rules on admission of a new club. So there needs to be 3 clubs willing to play tough with Rangers. TBH I am not optimistic there will be that many but it could be a wonderful opportunity if such 3 clubs could be found. Vlad/Sergiejus/Southern start lobbying now please.

IIMHO Killie, Dundee Utd, Motherwell, St Mirren, St Johnston, ICT would all vote for them to be 'Re-Instated'

Alwaysinourshadows

See if we were in the position rangers are in, would any other spl clubs help us? no, feck rangers, this whole scottish football wouldn't survive without them is a load of pish, just an excuse to save them from going bust.

Stand by for the SFA investigation into Whyte as "fit and proper" being quietly filed away so as to, quote, "Not exacerbate a difficult situation"!

Probably won't want to prejudice the forthcoming.....?....well whatever's forthcoming, they definitely won't want to prejudice it.... :blink:

Broxburn_Jambo

Killie chairman has already said they need Rangers. If a NEW Rangers are formed they can apply to the SPL and the clubs vote on wheather to accept it (which they would I believe) and the SPL can impose further penalties that have been vited on by the ither clubs.

Not a surprise, the Killie chairman is a big Rangers fan.

No concern on the Scottish Government's part about non-payment of taxes? Worth bearing in mind if and when they get serious tax-raising powers.

Yep. Nice to see an independent Scotland would take such a relaxing attitude towards companies that owe ?80 million in tax during such tough times.

Footballfirst

Celtic have requested that Hibs allow a minute's applause before Sunday's game at Easter Rd in light of the demise of RFC :whistling:

Edited by Footballfirst

Francis Albert

IIMHO Killie, Dundee Utd, Motherwell, St Mirren, St Johnston, ICT would all vote for them to be 'Re-Instated'

What makes you think Aberdeen, Dunfermline, Hibs and Celtic would not? I'd love to think they at least would make Rangers (and Celtic) accept some serious changes to the game as a condition of reinstating Rangers, but I can't se it.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I couldn't find the "No" box!!!

They have no boxes left Colin, Whyte is using them to build a great big fort where he can hide while the dust settles, no boxes and no pots, not even ones for pishing in. :thumbsup:

The degree of cant and hypocrisy in the comments bluenose fans have made on that petition almost defies belief. "Save Scottish football", "Without Rangers there is no Scottish football", "This proud Scottish institution" etc ad nauseam.

Since when did a single one of these bigoted shop fronts give a twopenny **** about Scotland or Scottish football?

Sergio Garcia

It has been a great day all round with this news. I love the denial factor from some many Gers fans who don't think its that big a deal as far as I can see it's the beginning of at least 5 years of trouble'hardship for them.

On a sidenote as the man who broke this news to the Kickback masses if anyone would like to donate to a charity walk I am doing from Hampden to Loch Lomond for various children charities as a sign of thanks for breaking this news (shameless I know but every little helps) please see the below link and feel free whistling.gif

http://www.justgiving.com/ChurchofCharlieAdam

The degree of cant and hypocrisy in the comments bluenose fans have made on that petition almost defies belief. "Save Scottish football", "Without Rangers there is no Scottish football", "This proud Scottish institution" etc ad nauseam.

Since when did a single one of these bigoted shop fronts give a twopenny **** about Scotland or Scottish football?

:Agree:

and expect an ever-growing chorus along similar lines. scottish football... the entity that not long ago they would have had you believe was being heavily subsidised by them. the entity that the vast majority of them would have had you believe was holding them back from whatever riches and glory they believed was waiting for them in england or beyond. the entity to which they were quite happy to severe the umbilical cord from.

throw all that in the bin though. now the bun sloganeers will be bashing out the 'LETS SAVE SCOATTISH FITBA BIG MAN LIKE' mantra. and they will have plenty of allies in the media and with some other clubs too.

What makes you think Aberdeen, Dunfermline, Hibs and Celtic would not? I'd love to think they at least would make Rangers (and Celtic) accept some serious changes to the game as a condition of reinstating Rangers, but I can't se it.

Aberdeen are weirdos Dunfermline will be relegated so dont know who gets their vote? Celtic probably would vote for them and I dont ever think of the wee mob as they are dicks.

Dunfermline make more money In the 1st Division and also have a chairman who hates Rangers.

They do have their own major financial issues though and poor old Jm Leishman may become a victim.

Yep. Nice to see an independent Scotland would take such a relaxing attitude towards companies that owe ?80 million in tax during such tough times.

An incredible assertion to make - It seems it's not only banks MP's will bail out but football clubs of little or no relevance outwith these borders.

They will say anything to court favour with anyone gullible to listen to their rank patter - Never mind opposition fans, how does this party-line sit with haters / non-followers of the game???

Another finger on the pulse statement but our leaders!

As much fun as this has been, I still wish it was the leith shite.

Le Chat always calls it right. :thumbsup:

Where's the cracked crest....

The Record bottles it again.

Pretty much guarantee that newspaper sales in Scotland will rocket tomorrow.

Where's the cracked crest....

The Record bottles it again.

Pretty much guarantee that newspaper sales in Scotland will rocket tomorrow.

Also i think someone needs to tell them the definition of the word "Exclusive"

I would have preferred to have the Wallace money paid 1st. What implications is this going to have on us now.

Very little - section C9 of the SPL Rules should protect member clubs from debts unable to be paid by other member clubs.

ie. The prize money Rangers are due to be paid by the SPL - Hearts will get a chunk... Dunfermline are due money for cup tickets etc.

We'll be paid one way or another. :thumbsup:

Sergio Garcia

Many thanks for the donation from whoever you are Mr/Mrs Anonymous. thumbsup.gif

And one paper better run with a broken crest, as someone said if they don't tomorrow they never will.

Exclusive.....really?

Tomorrow's Daily Record http://twitpic.com/8jj88h

516539249.jpg?Expires=1329176161&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=UDKX3Bx-onDGTkJsUIZD5J77GQ8PKVUtF2THXJFRMJ2-gUEvi9dGthLIrfKVOY8mgm36Awna0XUBp14K9oKaHm8BycCzsAjyQwSGi0w0~qxxSq2uOty1ueibUxYcOUsi6k5Nsyo8PUOfP5IeAELU3w~QSDjTpvN84CYN8ClMYuk_

This could be even more amusing if Rangers end up in Liquidation....

I'm assuming that Craig Whyte would try to set up a NewCo, from that wee snippet in the record it looks like Johnston & SDM might set up a NewCo, and Ellis, Paul Murray, and King, are still hanging around. What fun it will be if they all end up fighting over who's NewCo gets to play! :D

Dean Winchester

This could be even more amusing if Rangers end up in Liquidation....

I'm assuming that Craig Whyte would try to set up a NewCo, from that wee snippet in the record it looks like Johnston & SDM might set up a NewCo, and Ellis, Paul Murray, and King, are still hanging around. What fun it will be if they all end up fighting over who's NewCo gets to play! :D

Do they need to do this before they go into administration though? I.e. if they go into administration and after a few days there's no sign of a new-co is it essentially down the CVA route and a pre-pack is no longer possible?

Pre-pack has to be the only thing he's really considering as I just cannot see HMRC accepting a CVA which essentially means liquidation.

I Have made the call i will part my hard earned cash for the record, but i will read the sun at the news stand then place it back. un paid for :lol::lol::lol:

• Maple Leaf locked this topic