The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Could be a possible transfer embargo,- just like Portsmouth, nobody in or out for 3-5 years, as they cant pay the outstanding transfer fees due to HMFC. Hope i"m right. :hanged:

Could be a possible transfer embargo,- just like Portsmouth, nobody in or out for 3-5 years, as they cant pay the outstanding transfer fees due to HMFC. Hope i"m right. :hanged:

a transfer embargo only stops players signing for a club. they can still sell players

Walter Bishop

Rangers fans now hailing Craig Whyte as a hero, some comments from my facebook "friends" this evening........

Anybody else think whyte is just try to force hmrc to cut rfc a deal or risk getting nothing might be a bit of genuis on his part ???

yous celtic boys have one of our many league titles we have one that why we are world league champs we can aford to lose one ha ha

administration is not the same as disappearing! Rangers will still exist and still play SPL football! No one is going anyway! Craig Whyte was giving the job to take rangers forward, wipe the slate clean and that's what he is doing!!!!!

I think david murray & whyte have planned administration all along! Whyte is the fall guy for murray!

Haha let's all laugh at Celtic thats the only way they can win the league

:sob:

a transfer embargo only stops players signing for a club. they can still sell players

Fire sale in the summer then??

If Dundee and Livingston are anything to go by the first thing the Administrator will get rid off is the youth set-up. As SDM owns Murray Park, he may end up with a empty facility on his hands.

jamboinglasgow

Rangers fans now hailing Craig Whyte as a hero, some comments from my facebook "friends" this evening........

Anybody else think whyte is just try to force hmrc to cut rfc a deal or risk getting nothing might be a bit of genuis on his part ???

yous celtic boys have one of our many league titles we have one that why we are world league champs we can aford to lose one ha ha

administration is not the same as disappearing! Rangers will still exist and still play SPL football! No one is going anyway! Craig Whyte was giving the job to take rangers forward, wipe the slate clean and that's what he is doing!!!!!

I think david murray & whyte have planned administration all along! Whyte is the fall guy for murray!

Haha let's all laugh at Celtic thats the only way they can win the league

They are in the denial stage.

Dean Winchester

Fire sale in the summer then??

Administrator would most likely look to cut a fair bit of the playing staff and administrative staff from the off to reduce operating costs. Youth players and staff not deemed as an asset may be looking at being jobless fairly soon.

Rangers as a business have an annual income of at least ?30m the majority of which in theory comes from bums on seats. The vast majority of their outgoings will be player salaries and (if they pay it) tax.

I'm sure that if they reduced their player salaries they could easily pay their tax back at a rate of say ?5m a year for the next X years. However, they clearly feel that they will not be able to do this AND remain successful at the same time. No one forces them to pay ?10k a week to players and they could easily sign players on ?1k a week. They would then be competing with the St Mirren's and Kilmarnocks of the SPL rather than fighting for the title with Celtic.

History, ie pre Murray & Souness, shows that their 'loyal' fans are anything but and then when the going gets tough the fans stop going. This is almost certainly what would happen again. My feeling is that a Rangers team that were only mid table would for a number of games barely get more fans that we do. Imagine their crowds if they hadn't won the league since the 1960's!

Administration is what they reckon is the easy way out to continue to be a success.

Quite simply they are CHEATS.

Hun on FB

all these hearts fans ripping rangers about there tax bill when they have not paid there's yet lol and hearts could go into liquidation like his to other clubs that have been kicked out there leagues

Dry yer eyes :sob:

The spelling and grammar :rofl:

craig whyte's special talent is seperating creditors from assets(legally of course). this has been his plan all along. imho rangers are goosed. our only saving grace is that vlad owes a lot of money to himself :lol:

Rudolf's Mate

When the story was first being banded about it was claimed it was around 80 million so I'm not surprised its higher than the 40 said recently.

They are totally goosed! They must be about to admit full liability on the tax case. They would surely have been advised that going into admin before the case is heard would be a bad thing. They could be in admin when the case is heard which could push them into liquidation.

Also all their current creditors will most likely cut any further credit plus requesting immediate payment on any overdue debts.

I don't see how they can come out of this!

Dean Winchester

When the story was first being banded about it was claimed it was around 80 million so I'm not surprised its higher than the 40 said recently.

They are totally goosed! They must be about to admit full liability on the tax case. They would surely have been advised that going into admin before the case is heard would be a bad thing. They could be in admin when the case is heard which could push them into liquidation.

Also all their current creditors will most likely cut any further credit plus requesting immediate payment on any overdue debts.

As SSN said Craig Whyte remains the preferred creditor by going into administration now...

This is Scotland! Do you think the weegie mafia would allow anything to happen to the bigot brothers? Mr Romanov has been correct about the GFA and monkeys all the time.

This is Scotland! Do you think the weegie mafia would allow anything to happen to the bigot brothers? Mr Romanov has been correct about the GFA and monkeys all the time.

fruitcake.jpg

:verymad: :verymad: :verymad:

from GBC website, "Sports Minister Shona Robison said: "I understand that Rangers and HMRC are continuing dialogue and we obviously want to see an agreement which will protect jobs and enable the club to stay in business.

"Rangers is a crucial part of Scotland's national game, and our interest is ensuring that a resolution can be arrived at between HMRC and the club to deliver these vital objectives."

my laughter has turned to seethe upon reading this :verymad: :verymad: :verymad:

Francis Albert

:verymad: :verymad: :verymad:

from GBC website, "Sports Minister Shona Robison said: "I understand that Rangers and HMRC are continuing dialogue and we obviously want to see an agreement which will protect jobs and enable the club to stay in business.

"Rangers is a crucial part of Scotland's national game, and our interest is ensuring that a resolution can be arrived at between HMRC and the club to deliver these vital objectives."

my laughter has turned to seethe upon reading this :verymad: :verymad: :verymad:

No concern on the Scottish Government's part about non-payment of taxes? Worth bearing in mind if and when they get serious tax-raising powers.

Not sure if its already been mentioned but Pat Nevin stated on radio 5 that one of the main reason the tax bill is so large is because since about 2001 a lot of high earners were being paid through off shore tax free bank accounts. Amazing failure of investigative journalism by the Scottish press to not even get a sniff of this if true.

Drylaw Hearts

Not sure if its already been mentioned but Pat Nevin stated on radio 5 that one of the main reason the tax bill is so large is because since about 2001 a lot of high earners were being paid through off shore tax free bank accounts. Amazing failure of investigative journalism by the Scottish press to not even get a sniff of this if true.

c28b345c_gleason_not_sure_if_serious.jpeg

Rangers as we know are finished. It is almost impossible for the club to recover from this. The name is dust, but Rangers could sill remain at Ibrox under a new company name.

The big question is will Rangers 2012 be allowed to carry on playing in the SPL or will they be forced to start in the 3rd Division.

Edited by McCrae

Congrats on coming out of your coma. thumbsup.gif

I take it you have been off shore too?

HMRC are not bothered about the GFA or indeed the Holyrood parliament. If they think they are owed money they will move mountains to get it. Remember the bad press they got for Vodaphone etc they wont let that happen again. If a football club goes tits up on the way so be it.

Rudolf's Mate

As SSN said Craig Whyte remains the preferred creditor by going into administration now...

Totally get that however the likelihood is they will be in admin when the case goes to trial, if it goes. If it doesn't he'll have to take total liability on the tax. That happens either way I cannot see HMRC accepting less than 50%!

Totally get that however the likelihood is they will be in admin when the case goes to trial, if it goes. If it doesn't he'll have to take total liability on the tax. That happens either way I cannot see HMRC accepting less than 50%!

The case has already been heard IIRC.

I take it you have been off shore too?

Haven't followed the detail to be honest and hadn't seen it mentioned but accept any ribbing!!!!!!

Hun on FB

Dry yer eyes :sob:

The spelling and grammar :rofl:

I've just seen a hun on mine state that this transends football. This is a blow for the British economy and now means Scotland could never sustain Independence.

:rofl:

I've just seen a hun on mine state that this transends football. This is a blow for the British economy and now means Scotland could never sustain Independence.

:rofl:

Is that the economy they've not been contributing very much to :interesting:

Presumably you're talking about the Tax Tribunal that took place last month when Rangers weren't in Admin...? :blink:

Rangers as we know are finished. It is almost impossible for the club to recover from this. The name is dust, but Rangers could sill remain at Ibrox under a new company name.

The big question is will Rangers 2012 be allowed to carry on playing in the SPL or will they be forced to start in the 3rd Division.

Killie chairman has already said they need Rangers. If a NEW Rangers are formed they can apply to the SPL and the clubs vote on wheather to accept it (which they would I believe) and the SPL can impose further penalties that have been vited on by the ither clubs.

Is that the economy they've not been contributing very much to :interesting:

To be honest mate, i think i believe him.

We're doomed.

Rangers have just shafted ticketus have they not? What does this mean for their deal?

The Triads are after Craig Whyte, allegedly of course! :whistling:

:ninja::gangsta:

Rudolf's Mate

Presumably you're talking about the Tax Tribunal that took place last month when Rangers weren't in Admin...? :blink:

No I'm not talking about the tribunal. HMRC's case against Rangers which is due to be heard.

Dean Winchester has just said its the result which may be correct. Ok so case may have been heard but we still have the result which the point I'm making may go against them. If that happens then admin won't save them.

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

Drylaw Hearts

Rangers have just shafted ticketus have they not? What does this mean for their deal?

Ticketus will surely have covered their arses ?

Chick Young is a financial genius....

http://news.bbc.co.u...rem/8327153.stm

"Here's the truth. Rangers will not go into administration. As a ballpark figure they are about ?30m in debt"

October 2009....

You didn't do Chick justice .....

Here's the truth. Rangers will not go into administration. As a ballpark figure they are about ?30m in debt, but I am certain that their accounts will be signed off at the next annual general meeting.

I know he said this a couple of years back , but even so . you have to hand it to him for getting it so spectacularly wrong.

Edited by 269miles

Walter Bishop

Another deluded hun on facebook.............

And you don't owe money to the HMRC ? winding up order served by the same ? u r deluded .

Hearts are under investagation by hmrc over a ?10 million pound dedt heart will b hit harder than rangers the goverment will make sure of it

Ticketus will surely have covered their arses ?

Craig shite said he used one of his other business as collateral. But that could be baws.

Has anyone tried to work out what assets rangers own? Can't Be much.

Edited by K1874M

• Maple Leaf locked this topic