The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Its obvious that this Whyte character is a snake he knows his way round the administration game and it appears he is one step ahead at the moment.

You're joking...? :blink:

Whyte's not been ahead of the game since he bought Der Hun, and as each day passes he drops further and further behind "the game." :rolleyes:

jamboinglasgow

SSN - HMRC believe Rangers are trading while insolvent. They do not believe Rangers have any money.

How have they paid their players then?

Hearing in court 7 at Court of Session is just about to start

C:\Users\oliverga\Pictures\THISGONBGUD.gif

Hi Oliver :whistling:

my view of the HMRC move is that they believe that rangers are trading while insolvent. and coupled with them trying to stop any sort of pre packed administration

SSN - HMRC believe Rangers are trading while insolvent. They do not believe Rangers have any money.

1844039_o.gif

malcolm-tucker-reaction-2-o.gif

HMRC wants Rangers assurance they won't appoint administrator before end of hearing

Today's hearing or the big tax case hearing?

The difference is that HMRC do not necessarily want Rangers to go into liquidation. If that happens, the value of their players is nil since they become the "property" of the SPL. In administration, the administrator is in a position to sell players, albeit at fire sale prices. As far as HMRC is concerned, being able to sell Rangers playing staff for ?10-20m is a lot better than liquidation, as they will get more money.

I'm not sure if having your own administrator appointed gives you more control over things, but I imagine that it does.

It does; you control the CVA negotiation if their is one and control the sale of the assets. This is very bad news for Rangers.

Remember that HMRC seeking to appoint an administrator now is nothing to do with the "big" tax case, as the FTT hasn't come to a decision as yet. As with Hearts, this is more to do with non payment of PAYE, NIC and VAT.

I think this is HMRC playing hardball and making a statement that there will be no negotiations about a settlement. This is a very strong message that is being sent out to all football clubs that HMRC are going to make an example of RFC and that other chairmen better beware.

Spot on but I think it's two birds one stone for HMRC...... RFC and White will be nice big targets for them to set an example. Love it.

Has anyone worked out who owns Ibrox and the training complex yet?

Does the Jelevic money not get included as money that they have, or does that get swallowed up by everthing else?

jamboinglasgow

Today's hearing or the big tax case hearing?

Think its today hearing, think they are worried Whyte tries to quickly appoint an administrator in the next hour or so to try and block any moves by the court. Seems to suggest that by the end of the day Rangers are in adminstration.

Does the Jelevic money not get included as money that they have, or does that get swallowed up by everthing else?

I'm guessing Whyte has used it to pay off some of the Ticketus money.

Think its today hearing, think they are worried Whyte tries to quickly appoint an administrator in the next hour or so to try and block any moves by the court. Seems to suggest that by the end of the day Rangers are in adminstration.

I think I just had a mental orgasm.

Possibly, but I don't think for one second that he thought HMRC would force them into admin before the outcome of the big tax case.

I think it is more likely that he is just covering himself as the main creditor, and that after everything is done, he at least doesn't lose any money over the whole deal.

I can honestly see him getting another directorship ban after all of this.

DJ Was saying on real radio last night that whyte never put a penny into the club apart from the quid he paid to DM HMRC Would be the main creditor with Ticketus the next in line DJ Said he used the ticketus money to pay of Lloyds 18 million, with the rest of the doe 24.5 million was the amout paid by ticketus being used to run the club.

It also makes you wonder where the 5 million from the jellyfish transfer has gone ? He appears to be flying by the seat of his pants but he also seems to know what he is doing and is at the moment one step ahead. :down:

Also from his inrerview on TV Note how he blames the previous board nothing to do with me Guv yet he took 18 months looking at everything before he bought the club for a quid.

Footballfirst

Interestring scenario for Hearts. We have an upcoming fixture against Rangers. If we sell tickets for the game, should we retain the funds to offset part of what we would be due for the Wallace transfer?

How would the SPL react if we didn't hand over the money? Would they say that we weren't acting with the "utmost good faith"?

Interestring scenario for Hearts. We have an upcoming fixture against Rangers. If we sell tickets for the game, should we retain the funds to offset part of what we would be due for the Wallace transfer?

How would the SPL react if we didn't hand over the money? Would they say that we weren't acting with the "utmost good faith"?

nap :thumbsup:

Edited by jdl2002

Great plan.

Would give us extra incentive to sell out and take 1000 or so :)

Comment from a snr lawyer I know (paraphrased):

"Given the directors of Rangers sanctioned the signing of Cousin on an evening when they would have had draft documents for submission to the court (for Admin) there is a clear case of wrongful trading and a breach of directors duties"

Dean Winchester

nap :thumbsup:

It's at Ibrox though. Do we not just keep our share anyway?

*I'm not quite sure how league ticket gates are divided.

Edited by Dean Winchester

Sergio Garcia

It's been covered in the previous few pages but its earliest I could get on here after another text from my mate which is as follows.

"More developments on the Rangers front. HMRC have lodged a petition for Rangers to go into administration today and will not agree to a CVA so liquidation could happen by the weekend. That's the chat through in Edinburgh but not confirmed as yet"

He also confirms he has manflu which I am not sure is relevant or not

Whats the crack with buying players outwith transfer windows from adminstation stricken clubs, buy now player later sort of thing?

Don't they become free agents as they no longer have contracts?

Dean Winchester

It's been covered in the previous few pages but its earliest I could get on here after another text from my mate which is as follows.

"More developments on the Rangers front. HMRC have lodged a petition for Rangers to go into administration today and will not agree to a CVA so liquidation could happen by the weekend. That's the chat through in Edinburgh but not confirmed as yet"

He also confirms he has manflu which I am not sure is relevant or not

:yas:

Dean Winchester

That may be only if they go into liquidation, not admin.

Yes. They're contracts are still valid in administration.

They can be made redundant, accept a pay off package etc. or become creditors themselves for outstanding wages.

Comment from a snr lawyer I know (paraphrased):

Even if it is not a breach as described in your quote ... surely it breaches the SPL good faith 'rules'?

Should not be too hard to prove.

Lovely to hear from Fraser Wishart on SSN that he wants to meet with the Rangers owners to ensure that they have the best possible team on the park.

Totally unbiased as usual Fraser eh?

My Calvin's are taking a battering :jjyay:

I've decided I'm so out of control that there's little point in wearing any. I've just put down a ground-sheet!

Lawyer for #Rangers told court paperwork on its way to appoint administrators. HMRC questioned the validity of this move.

Charlie-Brown

People speculating about more bad news for Hearts shouldn't worry about Hearts being wound up or liquidated this week if we fail to pay the tax bill albeit we would probably have to go into administration and lose 10 points, but that would provide the club with protection from creditors ie HMRC however whether this is likely to happen or not depends on whether the club can find the money or UBIG will forward the necessary funds.

Lawyer for #Rangers told court paperwork on its way to appoint administrators. HMRC questioned the validity of this move.

bar stewards, come on judgey bloke, get the HMRC administrators appointed......

Rangers will go into administration today, according to their lawyer.

HMRC said they were on way to hand in their petition yesterday when they found out #Rangers had handed in theirs.

Edited by ritchies75

Surely the court could put the kybosh on that move.

Edited by JohnB

• Maple Leaf locked this topic