The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

john brownlee

I was told HMRC are annoyed with big football clubs getting out of paying and are looking for a scapegoat to say to the rest enough is enough.

Are Rangers the scapegoat their looking for?

in reallity its the government that instructed the HMRC to get tough and collect all monies due and to crack down on tax avoidance after many years of slack practices and blind eyes abit like the bankers now everybodies on the case. If they hadn't been getting away with it for years and years, then rangers and other clubs in engerland would have not adopted slight of hand practices. what goes around-----------

i think so too. i think they are looking to set a historical precedent to fall back on when taking on some of the epl teams. i really hope they do, and i genuinly think they are going to

Its the EPL teams who've not paid their dues they want.

Getting the big scalp of Rangers will only help in future.

Rangers are fecked imo.

Zero sympathy for them. Years and years we've been screwed over by them, karma has come to bite them in the arse.

in reallity its the government that instructed the HMRC to get tough and collect all monies due and to crack down on tax avoidance after many years of slack practices and blind eyes abit like the bankers now everybodies on the case. If they hadn't been getting away with it for years and years, then rangers and other clubs in engerland would have not adopted slight of hand practices. what goes around-----------

I've heard bits and bobs to that effect. :thumbsup:

Wasn't it Arsenal they really wanted but they managed to pay all their dues and fines and this is the reason they've not really signed anyone over the last few years?

Rangers on the other hand can't pay......

I would really like to think that Hearts had the foresight to investigate what happens re transfer payments in situations like this before accepting the Wallace bid from Rangers. They'd have to have been incredibly naive not to.

Its the EPL teams who've not paid their dues they want.

Getting the big scalp of Rangers will only help in future.

Rangers are fecked imo.

we live in hope!!!! :thumbsup:

Like an expectant parent waiting almost a year for this moment just hoping it will be as beautiful as I dreamt.

Shocked at the moment bit what a beautiful little baby it is.

I would really like to think that Hearts had the foresight to investigate what happens re transfer payments in situations like this before accepting the Wallace bid from Rangers. They'd have to have been incredibly naive not to.

naive but at the same time... not really. it's a perfectly normal and widespread practice these days.

as far as i know, there is no 'football creditors get priority' rule in scotland. i think we can kiss it goodbye. the best chance of seems to be a full-blooded liquidation.

Dean Winchester

naive but at the same time... not really. it's a perfectly normal and widespread practice these days.

as far as i know, there is no 'football creditors get priority' rule in scotland. i think we can kiss it goodbye. the best chance of seems to be a full-blooded liquidation.

C 9.1 If any Club defaults in making payment of any sum or sums due

to the Company and/or to another Club the Board shall be

entitled to apply any sums which, under these Rules, would

otherwise be payable to the defaulting Club by the Company in

discharge of any debt due by such Club in default to the

Company and/or such other Club in such manner as the Board

shall determine.

I understand it is normal practice.

But this situation with Rangers has been on the cards for a long time and surely must have come into consideration.

I'm sure I read that the SPL with hold any TV revenue/league placing money if there is football debts between clubs.

Francis Albert

See post 122. It's covered in the SPL rules. If Rangers don't pay us then the SPL pays us by offsetting revenue due to Rangers (their share of TV revenue will cover it easily) to pay us and any other member clubs who Rangers owe money to.

I don't think the Wallace money issue need detract from our wholehearted enjoyment of Rangers difficulties.

Daydream Believer

... funded by the taxpayer it seems

Indeed. and while the SPL spouts on about how sad it would be to lose such a fine Scottish institution, they should also ponder on what the tax could have been spent on had Rangers not cheated paying it. My fag packet calculations provide the following options;

2227 NHS nurses for a year

1633 police constables for a year

NHS cancer care for 1225 people

103 Cougar armored fighting vehicles. (the good ones that the US use)

If they do lose the tax case there is no way they should be able to avoid paying it and still get back into the league.

Did someone not state earlier on that it is in the SPL rules though?

I thought we get money from the SPL via Rangers prize money etc if they can't pay the Wallace money?

C 9.1 If any Club defaults in making payment of any sum or sums due

to the Company and/or to another Club the Board shall be

entitled to apply any sums which, under these Rules, would

otherwise be payable to the defaulting Club by the Company in

discharge of any debt due by such Club in default to the

Company and/or such other Club in such manner as the Board

shall determine.

that's excellent news. hopefully that rule wont be forgotten about.

Big bottle of Irn Bru, lamb vindaloo, girlfriend at work and real radio in FIVE MINUTES.

Hahahabahabababahajahahaha.

I just hope were covered with the Lee money.

Big bottle of Irn Bru, lamb vindaloo, girlfriend at work and real radio in FIVE MINUTES.

Hahahabahabababahajahahaha.

I just hope were covered with the Lee money.

I hope it was the money they are due us that tipped them over the edge.

I understand it is normal practice.

But this situation with Rangers has been on the cards for a long time and surely must have come into consideration.

I'm sure I read that the SPL with hold any TV revenue/league placing money if there is football debts between clubs.

i'm sure they did consider it. with the confirmation that the rules probably cover our arse, that more or less tells us that hearts felt such an agreement carried less of a risk. hopefully it's cast iron.

Francis Albert

Indeed. and while the SPL spouts on about how sad it would be to lose such a fine Scottish institution, they should also ponder on what the tax could have been spent on had Rangers not cheated paying it. My fag packet calculations provide the following options;

2227 NHS nurses for a year

1633 police constables for a year

NHS cancer care for 1225 people

103 Cougar armored fighting vehicles. (the good ones that the US use)

If they do lose the tax case there is no way they should be able to avoid paying it and still get back into the league.

... which might have been appreciated by the troops who are paraded regularly at Ibrox among much patriotic flag waving and singing.

i'm sure they did consider it. with the confirmation that the rules probably cover our arse, that more or less tells us that hearts felt such an agreement carried less of a risk. hopefully it's cast iron.

Fingers crossed.

Let's hope the feckers die for good then.

:)

that's excellent news. hopefully that rule wont be forgotten about.

You missed the small print that says should such an event occur to Rangers or Celtic the above rules can be waived.

Dean Winchester

I imagine it will be dependent on how much Rangers owe to other clubs and how much prize money/tv money they are due. Regardless I think we shall see the vast majority of it coming to us but it'll be a question of when.

jim spence @bbcjimspence

Hearts due two further payments for Lee Wallace. Next one not due until summer. Dunfermline money due by wed 22 feb

From Twitter

I hope it was the money they are due us that tipped them over the edge.

That my friend would be too much for me, I would genuinely pish myself.

Rangers admit the tax bill could be substantially more than the ?50 million quoted. :rolleyes:

STV news at 6 o'clock

The Great Khali

So I there not in Europe have we figured out if 3rd place gets there European spot? Not that I'm bothered about Europe... It's the vacant spot on Pro Evolution getting filled Im bothere about.

Zal and Mrowiec on a game which only puts the best teams from each league. They will be my first Master League signings without a doubt.

aberhill jambo

... funded by the taxpayer it seems

Not read all the pages but where does it leave us with the money due for Wallace.????

Alwaysinourshadows

jim spence @bbcjimspence

Hearts due two further payments for Lee Wallace. Next one not due until summer. Dunfermline money due by wed 22 feb

From Twitter

Dunfermline money?

• Maple Leaf locked this topic