The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

You don't know why but it does? :unsure:

Basically as far as I'm aware they have 2 options.

1) CVA where >75% creditors would need to agree to a reduce payment plan. 10p in the pound etc. IF (a big IF considering HMRC would be one of these creditors and most likely the only one who's decision matters) but would allow them to continue on as is.

2) Option 2: Restart as a new company. This would mean reapplying. Starting in division 3 etc.

No this isnt the case, the SPL is a separate body so they can reapply to be admitted to the SPL which the other 11 clubs will vote on. If the SPL say no (unlikely) then they could apply to the SFL.

fabienleclerq

This seems like a get out of jail almost free card to me.10 point deduction and then pay the creditors a fraction of whats owed?

What happens to their assets? Sellable players for example? Ibrox? Surely they cant just say "we've no money to pay" but keep assets of

say 20 million?

Edited by fabienleclerq

Murray park will be worth a fair whack...its in the most expensive area of Scotland (East Dumbartonshire)

Murray still owns Murray Park I thought?:unsure:

Murray park will be worth a fair whack...its in the most expensive area of Scotland (East Dumbartonshire)

It's zoned non-residential, so worth **** all on the market.

First time I've listened to Real Radio...

Host suggesting that if they go into Administration they don't have to pay the tax...

:facepalm:

Also now thinking they're not going to get found guilty...

:facepalm:

Dean Winchester

No this isnt the case, the SPL is a separate body so they can reapply to be admitted to the SPL which the other 11 clubs will vote on. If the SPL say no (unlikely) then they could apply to the SFL.

Fair enough.

Is it not barred from residential development though?

Now, I don't need to say that I hate Celtic too, it should be a given, but Peter Lawell's comments are tremendous. :laugh:

"We need closure on this subject"

:lol:

I ken folk who didn't even get that til they got back to the office!

"We need closure on this subject"

:lol:

I ken folk who didn't even get that til they got back to the office!

he didn't say that did he

if so it sounds like he has been on the blower to vlad to get some tips on WUMery

Hagar the Horrible

Peter Liewell is in full Thellik PR mode stating Ra Celtc wont be affected, they are siameese twins when one dies the other cant continue without a major operation

Rangers will only be deducted 10 points

SPL clarifies when Rangers' 10-point deduction would bite

The Scottish Premier League has confirmed Rangers will only be deducted 10 points from its tally when it actually appoints administrators.

Rangers has lodged legal papers at the Court of Session signalling its intention to go into administration.

An SPL statement said if administrators are appointed "a 10-point deduction would apply immediately to its total points in the League Championship".

"The club would also be embargoed from registering any new players," it adds.

"A notice of the intention to appoint administrators alone does not trigger the sporting sanctions - it is the actual appointment of administrators which does.

"If administrators are appointed we will seek an early meeting with them to discuss their plans for Rangers FC".

The rules on insolvency were adopted by the clubs at an SPL general meeting in January 2004.

Rangers has 10 days to confirm whether administrators have been appointed to run the club.

The move comes while Rangers awaits a tax tribunal decision over a disputed bill plus penalties of ?49m.

Speaking to the BBC on Friday, SPL chief executive Neil Doncaster insisted that the rules would be applied no matter which team became involved in an "insolvency event".

He said: "We have a rule book and that needs to be applied whoever it may be. We apply the rules without fear nor favour.

"The whole basis of a financial fair play set of rules is to ensure that if there is a sporting advantage that has been obtained, you can address that through some sort of sporting sanction."

Prior to its latest statement, the SPL said on Monday afternoon: "If administration is confirmed, as we have done previously, we would be looking to work with the administrators and would be looking for a very early meeting."

Doncaster's counterpart in the Scottish Football Association, Stewart Regan, said: "We will continue to monitor the situation as it develops and will work with both the Scottish Premier League and the club as required during this difficult time."

And the Scottish Government has also issued a statement on the situation at the Glasgow club.

Sports Minister Shona Robison said: "I understand that Rangers and HMRC are continuing dialogue and we obviously want to see an agreement which will protect jobs and enable the club to stay in business.

"Rangers is a crucial part of Scotland's national game, and our interest is ensuring that a resolution can be arrived at between HMRC and the club to deliver these vital objectives."

Edited by Tenor

Golf course?

Terrific lateral thinking!

It's about sizeable enough for a wee 9-holer. ?2m maybe?

Hardly smashing through their likely ?100m liabilities.

ToadKiller Dog

This seems like a get out of jail almost free card to me.10 point deduction and then pay the creditors a fraction of whats owed?

What happens to their assets? Sellable players for example? Ibrox? Surely they cant just say "we've no money to pay" but keep assets of

say 20 million?

According to Craig Whyte the possible tax bill is way more than the ?49m reported , I cant see creditors due millions willing to take that massive a hair cut . I dont think the tax man will back down given the state of the economy .

I expect massive cuts from them even if they did get a reduced deal with the tax man i dont expect the tax man will , Players will lose jobs fringe first and they will try to get through to summer and sell players worth value .

Also remember Whyte is the major creditor .

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

john brownlee

You don't know why but it does? :unsure:

Basically as far as I'm aware they have 2 options.

1) CVA where >75% creditors would need to agree to a reduce payment plan. 10p in the pound etc. IF (a big IF considering HMRC would be one of these creditors and most likely the only one who's decision matters) but would allow them to continue on as is.

2) Option 2: Restart as a new company. This would mean reapplying. Starting in division 3 etc.

A company I worked for owed tax money did not pay paye and NI and other debts to land lord,merchants etc

The tax man got first bite of the remaining funds after all asset were realised, then it was if I rember right in order of amount owed, needless to say we as workers got our money last at 11p in the pound. the proprieter as part of the deal was not allowed to own or operate a company for five years and true to form he did just that a low and behold he again was back in court a few years later for the same thing.

Dean Winchester

The caller on Real Radio just now has just claimed that if they go into administration then the HMRC will get "Hee Haw".

And they've now just said that's wrong.

Now, I don't need to say that I hate Celtic too, it should be a given, but Peter Lawell's comments are tremendous. :laugh:

Have to agree with this. :lol:

fabienleclerq

According to Craig Whyte the possible tax bill is way more than the ?49m reported , I cant see creditors due millions willing to take that massive a hair cut . I dont think the tax man will back down given the state of the economy .

I expect massive cuts from them even if they did get a reduced deal with the tax man i dont expect the tax man will , Players will lose jobs fringe first and they will try to get through to summer and sell players worth value .

Also remember Whyte is the major creditor .

So what about the stadium, it must be worth circa 20 million?

Geoff Kilpatrick

It's 6am in the morning here in Melbourne on Valentine's Day!

Someone has given me a lovely surprise this morning!!

:pleasing: :pleasing:

Jambo, Goodbye

The caller on Real Radio just now has just claimed that if they go into administration then the HMRC will get "Hee Haw".

Was it not the host suggesting this? The caller was saying they would have to pay HMRC...

Cue the following...

"Aye they would"

"No they wouldnae"

"Aye they would"

"No they wouldnae"

Edited by Jambo, Goodbye

It's 6am in the morning here in Melbourne on Valentine's Day!

Someone has given me a lovely surprise this morning!!

:pleasing: :pleasing:

Your wife or girlfriend could offer you all the beer, steak and sex that you can manage and it still would not be a better Valentine gift.

Oh my 6.05 in Sydney just on the way to work and I open up this - now to spend the day looking for teddy bears in Sydney :) very pleasing :)

Dean Winchester

Was it not the host suggesting this? The caller was saying they would have to pay HMRC...

Cue the following...

"Aye they would"

"No they wouldnae"

"Aye they would"

"No they wouldnae"

No, the caller said Roughy was right and HMRC would get nothing. Then DJ said it was infact wrong and that they may get something in the pound if it went to a CVA but could potentially get nothing if they went into liquidation.

Edited by Dean Winchester

Radio Scotland trying to paint as positive a picture as possible in this just before the end of the programme only for the effort to be dashed by Tom English saying that no matter what happens and Rangers do come out of this as a club of sorts at the end, that they will be considerably downsized. You could almost hear them sniffling into their hankeys through there.

SPL, "The whole basis of a financial fair play set of rules is to ensure that if there is a sporting advantage that has been obtained, you can address that through some sort of sporting sanction."

You mean like buying success with the Taxpayers money?

Edited by colinmaroon

Jambo, Goodbye

It's also been claimed that this is not a case of tax evasion

Edited by Jambo, Goodbye

Whyte on SSN!

Jim White doing his Goebbels impression!

Edited by colinmaroon

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Domestic violence rates will be thru the roof in the Weeg tonight!

Drylaw Hearts

It's incredible. I cannot properly explain how happy this makes me. I am trying my best to on Twitter, though. ;)

It's giving me such a warm fuzzy feeling.

As they are not yet in administration, what would happen if it came out tomorrow that they had lost the "Big Tax Case" would HMRC then have priority?

• Maple Leaf locked this topic