The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Question - Babe station or News Night Sotland re run? :ninja:

Depends on how much you want to exercise your wrist , allegedly.

You could just double up

I would fully endorse a minutes silence at Parkhead if Rangers went under :lol:

That's Tuesday night's chants sorted -"Let's all laugh at Rangers - NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA" 50 or 60 times at every ground will sound so sweet

Do they need to do this before they go into administration though? I.e. if they go into administration and after a few days there's no sign of a new-co is it essentially down the CVA route and a pre-pack is no longer possible?

Pre-pack has to be the only thing he's really considering as I just cannot see HMRC accepting a CVA which essentially means liquidation.

In crude terms:

If Rangers enter administration they get an instant sanction of a ten point deduction, and must get agreement from their creditors (a CVA) to come back out of Admin. If they are not out of Admin by 31st March (possibly mid-April) they are banned from Europe. If they do get a CVA (very doubtful IMO) they are the same Rangers, so no need for any NewCo.

If once in Administration Rangers cannot get an agreement with their creditors (the CVA) then they will be Liquidated. Rangers as a business and as a football Club will cease to exist. Then, and only then, will you get any NewCo(s?) trying to take over the name/history if the football team.

It would get really messy (fun for us) if you have more than one NewCo fighting to be the new Rangers, and it looks as if that might just happen.

:D

It would get really messy (fun for us) if you have more than one NewCo fighting to be the new Rangers, and it looks as if that might just happen.

That's what I'm banking on happening, it will be like a cross between Life of Brian & I'm Spartacus if that happens, and I for one can't wait!!!!

I was thinking that Whyte, as preferred creditor, would own any Rangers assets (stadium & players etc) after administration. Therefore, while a competing Newco, once they are liquidated (which will happen if HMRC don't cut a deal) can try and form a new Rangers, Craig Whyte, with stadium plus players must be best placed.

In crude terms:

If Rangers enter administration they get an instant sanction of a ten point deduction, and must get agreement from their creditors (a CVA) to come back out of Admin. If they are not out of Admin by 31st March (possibly mid-April) they are banned from Europe. If they do get a CVA (very doubtful IMO) they are the same Rangers, so no need for any NewCo.

If once in Administration Rangers cannot get an agreement with their creditors (the CVA) then they will be Liquidated. Rangers as a business and as a football Club will cease to exist. Then, and only then, will you get any NewCo(s?) trying to take over the name/history if the football team.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I was thinking that Whyte, as preferred creditor, would own any Rangers assets (stadium & players etc) after administration. Therefore, while a competing Newco, once they are liquidated (which will happen if HMRC don't cut a deal) can try and form a new Rangers, Craig Whyte, with stadium plus players must be best placed.

Players contracts in this scenario become the property of the SPL.

I just get this horrible feeling that rangers are going to come out of all this in a far better position than they are now.

I don't know enough about all the ins and outs of administration but it sounds to me as though this could turn out a good thing for rangers!!!

Geoff Kilpatrick

I just get this horrible feeling that rangers are going to come out of all this in a far better position than they are now.

I don't know enough about all the ins and outs of administration but it sounds to me as though this could turn out a good thing for rangers!!!

The only way this would be a "good thing" is if the Hectors blinked and accepted the CVA.

Given that this case sets a precedent and they have bigger fish to fry in England, there is little to no chance of that.

:smuggy:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Other than that Geoff, is the scenario correct?

Well, it is presumed that Whyte owns the security on the fixed assets such as Ibronx via one of his holding companies. However, it is possible that despite his denials, Ticketus have a charge over them.

The only way this would be a "good thing" is if the Hectors blinked and accepted the CVA.

Given that this case sets a precedent and they have bigger fish to fry in England, there is little to no chance of that.

Please *244 billion

I think craig Whyte's area of expertise seems to be administration, liquidation, asset-stripping etc of companies. I don't think he entered into this whole process without believing he had a way through this that wouldn't leave him with Rangers at a decent price. After the due diligence, he came in knowing all the potential liabilities. I think he'll pay Ticketus the ?24M, if he needs to.

Well, it is presumed that Whyte owns the security on the fixed assets such as Ibronx via one of his holding companies. However, it is possible that despite his denials, Ticketus have a charge over them.

Edited by buzzbomb

Jam Tarts 1874

In crude terms:

What a dliemma! Us poor taxpayers to get some of our millions back through an agreed CVA, or we get nothing but Rangers are liquidated and have to re-start all over again

I mentioned this in a thread last night, I reckon that they would quite happily liquidate Rangers as a warning shot to other clubs that they won't be able to dodge paying their dues.

there is something just wrong about that guy Ross Blyth who seemingly is the chairman or something of the Rangers supporters assembly standing being interviewed to the backdrop of Edinburgh Castle. I would have thought maybe Barlinnie or something would have been more in tune with current events.

Can they no fek off and get there own castle and leave ours alone

Knowing Scotland, if Rangers went into liquidation then 2 or 3 Newco's would take their place.

3 'Rangers' in Scotland...

:facepalm:

This could be even more amusing if Rangers end up in Liquidation....

I'm assuming that Craig Whyte would try to set up a NewCo, from that wee snippet in the record it looks like Johnston & SDM might set up a NewCo, and Ellis, Paul Murray, and King, are still hanging around. What fun it will be if they all end up fighting over who's NewCo gets to play! :D

Even better if 3 new teams are set up, AFC Rangers, Dukla Rangers (Chuck Dung's preferred) and Whyte Rangers. The 3 teams would rotate home games between Castle Greyskull, the park across

from the main stand and Agent Murray's park.laugh.gif

there is something just wrong about that guy Ross Blyth who seemingly is the chairman or something of the Rangers supporters assembly standing being interviewed to the backdrop of Edinburgh Castle. I would have thought maybe Barlinnie or something would have been more in tune with current events.

Can they no fek off and get there own castle and leave ours alone

They have their own castle - Castle Greyskull. Too ugly for the telly tho...woot.gif

They have their own castle - Castle Greyskull. Too ugly for the telly tho...woot.gif

sorry for being pedantic but (and I only know this from reading it on here many many times over the years) but apparently Castle Greyskull was actually where the good guy stayed and not the baddie. Based on that it doent really fit them. :thumbsup:

Geoff Kilpatrick

What a dliemma! Us poor taxpayers to get some of our millions back through an agreed CVA, or we get nothing but Rangers are liquidated and have to re-start all over again

Ah but you're forgetting that any obvious phoenix company would still be pursued by the Hectors, albeit leading to more legal action.

Frazer Wishart on SSN now

Scottish football will rally round and we will help where we can type comments.

Did go onto say he had members he represents, yes and I totally understand that bit but didnt come across as willing to help when we were called up on charges although I do recognise his role in it as a union official.

Basically he is there for his members IMO and should not be talking about helping Rangers, didnt for us albeit I suppose his members and Rangers are closely related. Think I just wanted to seeth at him

This could be even more amusing if Rangers end up in Liquidation....

I'm assuming that Craig Whyte would try to set up a NewCo, from that wee snippet in the record it looks like Johnston & SDM might set up a NewCo, and Ellis, Paul Murray, and King, are still hanging around. What fun it will be if they all end up fighting over who's NewCo gets to play! :D

Johnston has said that Lloyds will not allow Murray to get involved with Rangers again. They control most of his 'wealth'

The thing is, it's not just the money they've got from not paying tax, it's the income they've denied other clubs by using their ill-gotten gains to win the league, cups and European campaigns.

I'm not saying other teams would've won the league, but I'm damn sure that more would've won the cup and had trips to Europe over the years.

That income was stolen from them by Rangers, and it'll never be repaid.

Johnston has said that Lloyds will not allow Murray to get involved with Rangers again. They control most of his 'wealth'

They will only be able to exercise some control over MGH, and I'm sure he'll have plenty of his own "wealth" salted away. To be honest I can't see him stepping in as an owner of a NewCo, but I wouldn't be surprised if he backs an alternative NewCo to any that Whyte's involved in.

Walter Bishop

We are all deluded do none of you realise

"Craig Whyte is a genius, he has taken the club into administration and the tax bill will be wiped out, we will have no debt and emerge stronger than ever,all for a 10 point penalty WATP"

:vrface:

The thing is, it's not just the money they've got from not paying tax, it's the income they've denied other clubs by using their ill-gotten gains to win the league, cups and European campaigns.

I'm not saying other teams would've won the league, but I'm damn sure that more would've won the cup and had trips to Europe over the years.

That income was stolen from them by Rangers, and it'll never be repaid.

"Carpet swept be the under will," Joda!

sorry for being pedantic but (and I only know this from reading it on here many many times over the years) but apparently Castle Greyskull was actually where the good guy stayed and not the baddie. Based on that it doent really fit them. :thumbsup:

He Man lived in Castle Greyskull & Skeletor lived in Snake Mountain.

Problem solved.

ToadKiller Dog

He Man lived in Castle Greyskull & Skeletor lived in Snake Mountain.

Problem solved.

I tend to call it Castle Numb-skull given the high IQ levels found at Ibrox being well above the national average .

I'm hoping another reason that HMRC refuse to do a deal on CVA is Whyte's track record. Surely the tax man would not want to be seen making arrangements that benefit someone who has been banned from being a director and had his ability to tell the truth questioned by two judges on two different occasions.

was listening to talk sport this morning and richard keys seems to think theres more bad news about us to come out soon

suspect he's referring to our non-payment notice due this week as well as wages due on or around thursday :verymad:

was listening to talk sport this morning and richard keys seems to think theres more bad news about us to come out soon

Hugh Keevin's kept on going on about the threat of us going into Liquidation last night on Clyde - what planet is this guy on? I suspect someone ignorant to the Scottish game like Richard Keys would think the same without looking into the background.

'Us' as in Hearts? :unsure:

Footballfirst

Players contracts in this scenario become the property of the SPL.

It is the players registrations that would revert to the SPL.

In Administration the players contracts continue as before with the Administrator paying the wages. If there is not enough money to pay all the players then the Administrator can seek to sell them (the players wouldn't be able to play for another team until the transfer window reopens), or release them from their contracts (effectively making them redundant). If it is the latter, then the players become free agents and able to negotiate their own deal with a new club, but would come up against the same problem of not being able to play for two different clubs within the period beween two transfer windows (that's my understanding).

In a liquidation scenario any player contracts would be null and void with their registrations going to the SPL. The players would be free agents as in the redundancy scenario above.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

HMRC have gone to court to get the court to appoint an administrator rather then Whyte. Must be concerned at what his plan is.

http://news.stv.tv/s...administration/

That is great news..........:thumbsup:

Hopefully this will stop the Phoenix from the flames type scenario that Mr Whyte has in mind.

The biggest question will be how the SPL appease the rest of the league by allowing Rangers 2012 back into the SPL at the 1st time of asking ????

Because they will............:down:

I mentioned this in a thread last night, I reckon that they would quite happily liquidate Rangers as a warning shot to other clubs that they won't be able to dodge paying their dues.

This is exactly what HMRC have ALREADY done with Portsmouth - they wanted to have the company liquidated on the basis Portsmouth (past & present) have no intention of paying their tax bills and as HMRC isn't a preferred creditor (but was the biggest creditor) they'll make the case there is no point in allowing the company to trade. Pretty similar to Rangers I would think : small tax bill not paid , big tax bill unpayable , no likelihood of getting this years T&X & NIC out of them , VAT due on the Ticketus deal ? , and I wouldn'r be surprised if all/any VAT payments were stopped a long time ago.

HMRC is getting shafted big time and I'm sure they'll be making the point that CW - with his past (and very recent record) - shouldn't be allowed to trade at/as Rangers FC.

Ideally , Rangers to be liquidated and CW left with an empty stadium he can't fill. Let the fighting begin. Ding , ding, seconds out !!

ToadKiller Dog

Hugh Keevin's kept on going on about the threat of us going into Liquidation last night on Clyde - what planet is this guy on? I suspect someone ignorant to the Scottish game like Richard Keys would think the same without looking into the background.

Well if tonight is to be our last ever game ,i am glad i will be there !!

HMRC are fighting back and have applied to put rangers into administration. This means the courts decide who gets to appoint the administrator.

Oops to slow

Edited by mutley

rangers are in an awful lot of trouble. HMRC are pursuing them aggressively. Whyte himself indicated that even if HMRC lost the tribunal they would appeal, and demand interim payment of all monies due PRIOR to the appeal, which would lead rangers into having to pay it all out then hope to win it back at some unspecified time in the future. BUt this is money they simply dont have.HMRC will be well aware of Rangers position and are therefore unlkikely to accept a CVA position- ie pence in the pound deal, or they would have already have accepted a reduced offer from Rangers- which they have declined.

They are actively seeking to liquidate Rangers here, let there be no doubt.

I predict administration, followed by a failure to come out of it in time as HMRC will block this (hence trying to get their own administrator appointed)

Rangers are about to do a Portsmouth, or worse

The Old Tolbooth

That's not a dilemma

• Maple Leaf locked this topic