The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

It will all become clear shortly - if he's in it along with his pal Green then they will be allowed to limp along while the Spivs milk every penny possible out of them through these "onerous contracts", and crafty bonuses. If he really wants to make a go of sorting them out the there will be an insolvency event there to get rid of the contracts, get rid of the high earners and allow him to build from the bottom up. My bets on the first scenario though.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

It's sp obvious it'll make your eyes bleed reading it yet again but Ashley has zero interest in being a philanthropic, attention-seeking club owner. Of that there can be no mistake. Even with full houses at Ibrox every week their team will resemble nothing like they've seen for 30 years thanks to shitty TV money and siphoned off commercial income. Fun times.

Tom English summed up Whelan quite well on Sportsound.

Whelan said in this latest interview that he was "Wigan through and through", and (paraphrasing) only a 'fan' should own a club.

Yet Whelan (Wigan through and through) tried to buy Man Utd in the 80's.

Give them their due, that is actually no a bad price.

Straight from Nike at ?22 each - so less in bulk. Iron on the made up badge and sell them on for a nice profit.

Straight from Nike at ?22 each - so less in bulk. Iron on the made up badge and sell them on for a nice profit.

Hibs do it for ?45...

THe numbers vis a vis Newcastle and commercial revenue shows EXACTLY where the commercial revenue goes- straight to Sports Direct with absolutely no benfit to the club AT ALL.

Rangers fans need to attend games, buy pies and programmes and buoycott merchandise- the club will see no benefit from the purchases they make so they might as well

Surely it depends on who owns the pies and programmes contracts?

I deleted my post from earlier about this strip, the quotes from dothebouncy were from May.

They were choking on their bucky about it, mainly because of Nike being the Celtic strip suppliers.

I was never aware of this top until now, so I assume it never took off in any way. Is there new developments.

It highlighted something I said last week, the huns now hate Nike because of Celtic. The same mindset on the other half will make the tims hate Sports Direct.

So both huns and tims will stp using SD.

edit

I will post the bouncy link, it will give you jaw dropping laughs

http://dothebouncy.com/main/threads/red-and-black-protest-shirts-on-sale.61121/

Edited by salecc

e62425f0c00dcd5370c3b30a2de07328.jpg

He'll be on the "Haters" list for telling the truth.

Maybe a wee rendition of the sash will bring them together.

Diadora Van Basten

It's very interesting that such a high profile Rangers supporter will admit this.

In a way it's probably the greatest fear Mike Ashley has. Rangers now cease to be a club and are merely a franchise.

Rangers fans will support them but will admit that they preferred the old team.

i wish jj was my dad

The fat buffoon is slavering about how people should now admit that the new hun should have been parachuted into the premier league. He's using the crap attendances from them and their pals in the league cup as evidence of meltdown.

Probably mentioned elsewhere but I thought gates are generally holding up and numbers are only down in the land of the bigot?

The fat buffoon is slavering about how people should now admit that the new hun should have been parachuted into the premier league. He's using the crap attendances from them and their pals in the league cup as evidence of meltdown.

Probably mentioned elsewhere but I thought gates are generally holding up and numbers are only down in the land of the bigot?

The League Cup is not the best example for them to use given Rangers are actually in it. If fans were desperate for Rangers in the SPL then attendances should be doing well in the cups.

From the record.

Hong Kong-based Rangers fan George Taylor splashes his cash to snap up 'major interest' in Ibrox club

LIGHT Blues supporters welcome latest development as finance chief seizes sizable stake in Rangers by hoovering up 3.2 per cent of the club's shares.

RANGERS fans have welcomed one of their own stepping forward to buy a chunk of the club.

Hong Kong-based George Taylor, a managing director with Morgan Stanley, has purchased 3.2 per cent of the club after a frantic shares grab over the last 72 hours.

The Stock Exchange announced details yesterday after his purchase of 2.375million shares moved him into the ?major interest? threshold.

Taylor is Glasgow born and a close friend of George Letham, who gave the club an emergency loan of ?1m earlier this year.

Taylor was also part of the syndicate involving Letham, Paul Murray and Dave King whose proposed investment of ?16m was rejected in favour of Mike Ashley?s ?2m emergency finance package.

Taylor was unavailable for comment and the strategy behind his shares purchase has yet to be established but he has already won the backing of rank and file fans.

Scott Semple, secretary of the Hong Kong Rangers Supporters Club, said: ?He is a member of our club, a true bluenose. I?ve known him for 10 years and trust him.

?I?ve spoken to him and he only has the best intentions for Rangers.?

Chris Graham of the Union of Fans added: ?The more shares in the hands of genuine fans, the better.?

Will they ever learn? :facepalm:

Diadora Van Basten

Rangers five stars is the equivalent of a combover on a bald man and is equally ridiculous.

Edited by Sandi

Rangers five stars is the equivalent of a combover on a bald man and is equally ridiculous.

this analogy is one i like :2thumbsup:

Quality post. Have some rep/mana

It highlighted something I said last week, the huns now hate Nike because of Celtic. The same mindset on the other half will make the tims hate Sports Direct.

So both huns and tims will stp using SD.

A very interesting point and one that may just have passed MA by.

Gerrard Eadie "Mr CR Smith" was the 1st to sponsor both Celtic and Rangers knowing full well that if he only sponsored 1 of them he would reduce his potential customers by 50 odd %. Without doubt a magnificent piece of advertising and targeting as large a %age of the population as possible.

Now here we have MA going for just the 1 half of the arse that is the old firm. This will certainly make the other arse cheek angry and the way he is behaving he is likely to make his arse cheek hate him just as much.

Gerrard Eadie is from Cowdenbeath and knows the score.

I believe that MA is from London and a bit of a cockney and may not be up to speed with the "issues" that exist up here. It could potentially be a "schoolboy error" of immense proportions. We will just have to wait and see how this bit pans out.

I doubt MA is that ignorant of Glasgow's innate bigotry.

Even if he is though he has limited money at risk. Pocket money levels of shares and a loan he'll get back.

If it doesn't work he'll feck off. Or he'll liquidate again owning all the assets sevco need to play football and hold them to ransom that way

One interesting thing about the current loan - someone will need to lend sevco money to pay MA back otherwise he'll already own a chunk of sevco real estate.

One interesting thing about the current loan - someone will need to lend sevco money to pay MA back otherwise he'll already own a chunk of sevco real estate.

Due to be paid back in April too. Just in time for the season ticket sales.

A very interesting point and one that may just have passed MA by.

Gerrard Eadie "Mr CR Smith" was the 1st to sponsor both Celtic and Rangers knowing full well that if he only sponsored 1 of them he would reduce his potential customers by 50 odd %. Without doubt a magnificent piece of advertising and targeting as large a %age of the population as possible.

Now here we have MA going for just the 1 half of the arse that is the old firm. This will certainly make the other arse cheek angry and the way he is behaving he is likely to make his arse cheek hate him just as much.

Gerrard Eadie is from Cowdenbeath and knows the score.

I believe that MA is from London and a bit of a cockney and may not be up to speed with the "issues" that exist up here. It could potentially be a "schoolboy error" of immense proportions. We will just have to wait and see how this bit pans out.

Or MA has created a situation where Celtic fans think he will destroy rangers by bleeding them dry of everything that is actually worth anything. So leaving Celtic as big fish in a small pond and therefor not having any reason to avoid Sports Direct.

While Rangers fans who lack any identity and therefor have to buy merchandise for going to Benidorm on holiday so on the plane, hotel, beach they can wear their 'Rangers tap' have no choice but to shop at SD. Win win !!

Might as well be 5 20p pieces for all it means..

5297a631f83205cbd01193318abb8f83.jpg

Ha! Symbolisng the ?1 they sold the stadium naming rights for :)

Or MA has created a situation where Celtic fans think he will destroy rangers by bleeding them dry of everything that is actually worth anything. So leaving Celtic as big fish in a small pond and therefor not having any reason to avoid Sports Direct.

While Rangers fans who lack any identity and therefor have to buy merchandise for going to Benidorm on holiday so on the plane, hotel, beach they can wear their 'Rangers tap' have no choice but to shop at SD. Win win !!

That is not so far of the mark as far as I can tell. Whether that is part of his plan, who knows. But I think that a fare bit of what you have suggested is happening at the moment. Edited by niblick1874

To think some people had thought this thread had reached its natural end.....we have 2 gifts that keep on giving in blue and green wrapping paper.

Tbh, rangers are a couple of Newcastle loanees away from challenging Celtic.

May force the SFA to act though on ashleys involvement.

Hagar the Horrible

McCalls departure is worrying! could he be getting set up to replace Fatso? We need Super Salary to boost our challenge credentials!

Ashley won't want to spend a penny more than he has to.

Can't see them recruiting until they get rid of a few and that will include McCoist who would cost a fortune to pay off.

We_are_the_Hearts

LOL, are they ****

A couple of Newcastle loanees from challenging Celtic :rofl: Last time I looked they are in a different division to Celtic :lol:

A couple of Newcastle loanees from challenging Celtic :rofl: Last time I looked they are in a different division to Celtic :lol:

Aye, just like the Newcastle loanees help St Mirren....oh wait..

that's poor trolling, even from you.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Behave yourself. :rofl:

We_are_the_Hearts

Don' know what is sadder...........Hearts supporting Hun sympathisers or Adults trolling on a football discussion board.

alwaysthereinspirit

Don' know what is sadder...........Hearts supporting Hun sympathisers or Adults trolling on a football discussion board.

I'm going with the #un choice.

Have to say that the standard of trolling on here really isn't what it was.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic