The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

I wonder if he's getting an increase on his ?2,500 a day fee that he was on previously.

1/2 a million a year for someone must of us would never have known exists. :rofl:

Gavsy Van Gaverson

1/2 a million a year for someone must of us would never have known exists. :rofl:

Closer to ?900k at ?2.5k per day :lol:

Edit - I'm guessing he won't be charging for all 365 days so probably nit that high. Still a lot for someone we've never heard off.

Edited by Gavsy Van Gaverson

They've only averaged over 50' date='000 for the last 14 years, they averaged around 36000 for 7 years before that,as recently as 1991 they only averaged 17000, when I started going with mates in 81/82 they averaged 16/17000. The point is that, just like Rangers you can have a golden period with money to spend, big name signings etc this breeds a generation of glory hunters who think they support some great leviathan of a club and that it's always been so. This will only last for so long. What Rangers supporters have been through the last few years is pretty unprecedented levels of adversity, however they still remember dominating and all of the excitement, just like Newcastle fans remember Ginola and Asprilla etc, They expect to return to that soon. If they don't we will see. Just as if Newcastle ever fall into a sustained period of real adversity again, which lets face it they haven't, we will see! I'm an old enough git to remember standing on the Gallowgate end watching Leyton Orient with about 11000 present. How many current Rangers fans can remember the tiny crowds of the past? not many but given a sustained period of misery, most clubs, however big fans think they are or deserve to be will see crowds dwindle. If Ashley keep the sticky buns on life support while he sucks them dry for a sustained period, with them unable to compete with the other buttock, they will wither [/quote']

We appear to be violently agreeing.

But for the record, NUFC only averaged 50K+ for last 15 years and around 36K for 9 years before, that?s true, but the ground only held 37K max until 2000.

My first game at SJP was in 1967 btw and NO Newcastle fans I know expect to regain the levels of Keegan?s first manager spell (which in itself was ultimately unsuccessful). Excepting some of the skyboy ones I have the misfortune to come across on the internet.

I think, as a club, NUFC are pretty unique in maintaining crowds when being unrelentingly shit for approaching generations The Huns absolutely won?t do the same (and on that we agree wholeheartedly).

Footballfirst

He was only engaged for two days a months, so ?60,000 a year. The number of days will increase though for the moment, although I would expect that he will get a nice little thankyou package when he steps down from his temporary position.

One odd thing about the AIM notice was the contact details for more information.

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail/12133485.html

For further information please contact:

Rangers International Football Club plc

Graham Wallace

Tel: 0141 580 8647

He was only engaged for two days a months, so ?60,000 a year. The number of days will increase though for the moment, although I would expect that he will get a nice little thankyou package when he steps down from his temporary position.

One odd thing about the AIM notice was the contact details for more information.

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail/12133485.html

Graham Wallace

Is GW doing a Terry Butcher and tending his garden??

http://www.londonsto...l/12133485.html

Graham Wallace

"For further information contact Daniel Stewart, oh, wait, we can't use them just now. Contact, er, Graham Wallace, eh, damn, erm... Philip Nash, oh darn, erm... oh b*gger it just call Mike Ashley, he's the one running the show!"

They seriously need to change that announcement template or at least have someone proof read them first. :lol:

Give Wee Stevie a break. He can't fix the ZX Spectrum, scout Peter Withe on Football Manager AND proofread stock exchange announcements at the same time.

Footballfirst

PMGB's latest ramblings

http://www.philmacgi...good-in-people/

I thought that the boardroom changes may have affected his inside sources. It got me thinking who he/they may be. It may sound a bit bizarre, but the recent constants in the Ibrox saga have been one or other of the Easdales, together with Jack Irvine. I wonder if it is a case of "keeping your friends close, and your enemies closer", with a mix of stories revealing the underlying problems but also that certain people were doing their best in difficult circumstances.

PMGB has generally been very much pro Nash and Wallace in recent months and to a lesser extent pro Easdales, but anti McCoist and King. However, now the Easdales are now in bed with Ashley, he has come down very much on the side of the Easdales, while being fairly neutral on Ashley. It is a scenario that would fit with Easdales/Irvine supplying bits of info.

Edited by Footballfirst

James Easdale has graffiti attack on Hoose.

:vrface:

The Rangers way.

I thought the Easdales had put all that intimidation stuff behind them too. Do we know whose house he vandalised?

Geoff Kilpatrick

PMGB's latest ramblings

I thought that the boardroom changes may have affected his inside sources. It got me thinking who he/they may be. It may sound a bit bizarre, but the recent constants in the Ibrox saga have been one or other of the Easdales, together with Jack Irvine. I wonder if it is a case of "keeping your friends close, and your enemies closer", with a mix of stories revealing the underlying problems but also that certain people were doing their best in difficult circumstances.

PMGB has generally been very much pro Nash and Wallace in recent months and to a lesser extent pro Easdales, but anti McCoist and King. However, now the Easdales are now in bed with Ashley, he has come down very much on the side of the Easdales, while being fairly neutral on Ashley. It is a scenario that would fit with Easdales/Irvine supplying bits of info.

His source is his own imagination!

I've nicked this from TSFM.

Note the significant decline in Newcastle United's revenue from commerical revenues, which appears to buck the trend across EPL clubs.

Now unless Doncaster is holding back on a multi ?100m's of a TV deal that only a few people know about, there is no easy money for Rangers as a club to make apart from turning up at gate. If they want Ashley to invest millions in them, they are going to have to start going back to games, and buy Rangers merchandise from Ashley by the **** load.

One thing Ian Dennis (5Live N.E football correspondent) did mention on Sportsound last night is that he did make football at St. James more affordable. (See match day incom drop)

?Mike Ashley has many business interests (including Sports Direct) and they have made him a very wealthy man. When he bought Newcastle United in June 2007 and said ?Newcastle attracted me because everyone in England knows that it has the best fans in football? don?t get me wrong. I did not buy Newcastle to make money. I bought Newcastle because I love football.??.it must have sounded like manna from heaven to the Newcastle support as they may have thought more along the lines of ?Champions League? rather than ?Championship?.

Fast forward to September 2014 and the AGM of Sports Direct. The Daily Mirror journalist Simon Bird rises, ?I?d like to address a question to Mr Ashley, please. I wonder if he could explain the benefits to Sports Direct in its relationship with Newcastle United and Rangers.???..There followed a pause of 27 seconds before MA replied ?Other than to say than it?s been beneficial to Sports Direct and therefore its shareholders, I don?t think it?s appropriate to comment.?

Those twenty seven seconds must have been uncomfortable for Mike Ashley, without his spin-doctor to lend a hand. In fact Ashley hardly ever has any direct dealings with the media, he seems to prefer various conduits of ?spin?. That said his actual answer seems to have been a manufactured and in effect an elaborate ?no comment?, an answer that he repeated for the next question.

There are over 7 years between the ??I love football?? and the AGM quotes provided and they have proved to be uncomfortable for the Newcastle United fans. They?ve went from Adidas to Puma, Northern Rock to Wonga, St.James Park to Sports Direct Arena to St.James, Keegan to Kinnear to Pardew (amongst others), 14th in the Deloittes football rich list to 25th, ?for sale? sign put-up, taken down, put-up, taken down, put-up etc and a season in the Championship to boot?..and that is only a fraction of the ?soap opera?. But for now lets concentrate on what seems to be ?beneficial to Sports Direct? and specifically the Commercial Revenue of Newcastle Utd.

For the purpose of analysis, income/turnover for football clubs is broken down into three categories. 1. Matchday (MD): Simply the income that is generated by tickets, food kiosks, hospitality etc. 2. Broadcast (BD): TV and radio rights income 3. Commercial (CR): Pretty much everything else including merchandise. (%CR/T): The percentage of CR within Total Turnover.

In the three years prior to Ashley taking over, have a look at how much of the ?revenue pie? that commercial revenue contributed to overall Newcastle Utd. turnover. An average of just over 30%.

Figures are Pounds Sterling / Millions

Pre Ashley

??????Turnover???MD??..BR????CR???.%CR/T

2004/05??..87.1????35.3??.27.9???.23.9???(27%)

2005/06??..85.9????31.5??.26.5???.27.9???(32%)

2006/07??..87.1????33.6??.25.9???.27.6???(32%)

Now have a look at some more recent figures with the Ashley/Sports Direct influence.

?????..Turnover???.MD??..BR????CR???.%CR/T

2011/12??.93.3????.23.9??.55.6???.13.8???(15%)

The numbers from Deloittes don?t lie but what lies behind the lack of commercial revenue? In 2012/13, the Commercial revenue had increased to 17.1M and was still 15% of overall turnover but trends during the 7 years of the Ashley ownership are confusing for a merchandising guru who once said ?Matchday and commercial revenue is a key driver because that is where the club can compete with ? and outperform ? its competitors to enhance its spending capabilities.?

The reality of those 7 years is more famine than feast, at least for Newcastle United who are the only EPL club to have seen their commercial revenue go down in that time frame. The numbers are stark, an approximate 30% drop whilst similar sized clubs have enjoyed large gains, Villa 114%, Sunderland 81%, Everton 59%.

Stranger still when you have Dan Jones, partner in the Sports Business Group at Deloitte and the main man behind their ?Football Rich List? saying on BBC Radio?. ?For the first time ever we?ve got most of the clubs on our list making more money from commercial sources than anywhere else.

?Historically, matchday was always the biggest earner for clubs, then it was TV, now for these biggest clubs around the world it is commercial ? which includes sponsorship, shirt sales, partnerships, licensing deals; basically everything that isn?t TV and tickets.?

So where has it vanished to?

Perhaps the Ashley answer to the question (above) put to him regards Newcastle and Rangers at the Sports Direct AGM may give us a clue. ?Other than to say than it?s been beneficial to Sports Direct and therefore its shareholders, I don?t think it?s appropriate to comment.?

That from the man who at the beginning said he wasn?t getting into football to make money.

PMGB's latest ramblings

He's not wrong though about Ashley's people going through the books at the big hoose with a fine tooth comb and no doubt being mightily upset at what they find. It might well be that an insolvency event is the only way to get The Rangers onto any sort of an even financial keel.

I thought the Easdales had put all that intimidation stuff behind them too. Do we know whose house he vandalised?

In a remarkable turnaround it's his gaff that was tanned.

Link

Link

Plush property in Greenock?? :rofl:

AKA a house with glass windows (intact), a front and back door and no dog shite in the garden.

Greenock is an utter midden of a place.

The Old Tolbooth

I've nicked this from TSFM.

Note the significant decline in Newcastle United's revenue from commerical revenues, which appears to buck the trend across EPL clubs.

Now unless Doncaster is holding back on a multi ?100m's of a TV deal that only a few people know about, there is no easy money for Rangers as a club to make apart from turning up at gate. If they want Ashley to invest millions in them, they are going to have to start going back to games, and buy Rangers merchandise from Ashley by the **** load.

One thing Ian Dennis (5Live N.E football correspondent) did mention on Sportsound last night is that he did make football at St. James more affordable. (See match day incom drop)

?Mike Ashley has many business interests (including Sports Direct) and they have made him a very wealthy man. When he bought Newcastle United in June 2007 and said ?Newcastle attracted me because everyone in England knows that it has the best fans in football? don?t get me wrong. I did not buy Newcastle to make money. I bought Newcastle because I love football.??.it must have sounded like manna from heaven to the Newcastle support as they may have thought more along the lines of ?Champions League? rather than ?Championship?.

Fast forward to September 2014 and the AGM of Sports Direct. The Daily Mirror journalist Simon Bird rises, ?I?d like to address a question to Mr Ashley, please. I wonder if he could explain the benefits to Sports Direct in its relationship with Newcastle United and Rangers.???..There followed a pause of 27 seconds before MA replied ?Other than to say than it?s been beneficial to Sports Direct and therefore its shareholders, I don?t think it?s appropriate to comment.?

Those twenty seven seconds must have been uncomfortable for Mike Ashley, without his spin-doctor to lend a hand. In fact Ashley hardly ever has any direct dealings with the media, he seems to prefer various conduits of ?spin?. That said his actual answer seems to have been a manufactured and in effect an elaborate ?no comment?, an answer that he repeated for the next question.

There are over 7 years between the ??I love football?? and the AGM quotes provided and they have proved to be uncomfortable for the Newcastle United fans. They?ve went from Adidas to Puma, Northern Rock to Wonga, St.James Park to Sports Direct Arena to St.James, Keegan to Kinnear to Pardew (amongst others), 14th in the Deloittes football rich list to 25th, ?for sale? sign put-up, taken down, put-up, taken down, put-up etc and a season in the Championship to boot?..and that is only a fraction of the ?soap opera?. But for now lets concentrate on what seems to be ?beneficial to Sports Direct? and specifically the Commercial Revenue of Newcastle Utd.

For the purpose of analysis, income/turnover for football clubs is broken down into three categories. 1. Matchday (MD): Simply the income that is generated by tickets, food kiosks, hospitality etc. 2. Broadcast (BD): TV and radio rights income 3. Commercial (CR): Pretty much everything else including merchandise. (%CR/T): The percentage of CR within Total Turnover.

In the three years prior to Ashley taking over, have a look at how much of the ?revenue pie? that commercial revenue contributed to overall Newcastle Utd. turnover. An average of just over 30%.

Figures are Pounds Sterling / Millions

Pre Ashley

??????Turnover???MD??..BR????CR???.%CR/T

2004/05??..87.1????35.3??.27.9???.23.9???(27%)

2005/06??..85.9????31.5??.26.5???.27.9???(32%)

2006/07??..87.1????33.6??.25.9???.27.6???(32%)

Now have a look at some more recent figures with the Ashley/Sports Direct influence.

?????..Turnover???.MD??..BR????CR???.%CR/T

2011/12??.93.3????.23.9??.55.6???.13.8???(15%)

The numbers from Deloittes don?t lie but what lies behind the lack of commercial revenue? In 2012/13, the Commercial revenue had increased to 17.1M and was still 15% of overall turnover but trends during the 7 years of the Ashley ownership are confusing for a merchandising guru who once said ?Matchday and commercial revenue is a key driver because that is where the club can compete with ? and outperform ? its competitors to enhance its spending capabilities.?

The reality of those 7 years is more famine than feast, at least for Newcastle United who are the only EPL club to have seen their commercial revenue go down in that time frame. The numbers are stark, an approximate 30% drop whilst similar sized clubs have enjoyed large gains, Villa 114%, Sunderland 81%, Everton 59%.

Stranger still when you have Dan Jones, partner in the Sports Business Group at Deloitte and the main man behind their ?Football Rich List? saying on BBC Radio?. ?For the first time ever we?ve got most of the clubs on our list making more money from commercial sources than anywhere else.

?Historically, matchday was always the biggest earner for clubs, then it was TV, now for these biggest clubs around the world it is commercial ? which includes sponsorship, shirt sales, partnerships, licensing deals; basically everything that isn?t TV and tickets.?

So where has it vanished to?

Perhaps the Ashley answer to the question (above) put to him regards Newcastle and Rangers at the Sports Direct AGM may give us a clue. ?Other than to say than it?s been beneficial to Sports Direct and therefore its shareholders, I don?t think it?s appropriate to comment.?

That from the man who at the beginning said he wasn?t getting into football to make money.

That's a cracking read, and certainly gives some insight into how the man operates.

Link

don't mention it to Kenny Miller he'll be right round there to top his up

don't mention it to Kenny Miller he'll be right round there to top his up

:laugh:

THe numbers vis a vis Newcastle and commercial revenue shows EXACTLY where the commercial revenue goes- straight to Sports Direct with absolutely no benfit to the club AT ALL.

Rangers fans need to attend games, buy pies and programmes and buoycott merchandise- the club will see no benefit from the purchases they make so they might as well

Fort Vallance

Rangers Supporters Trust has formed a company - Flesher Haugh - to promote a range of fanwear, with all profits raised being used to buy shares and give fans more say in the running of their club as they try to take on Ibrox shareholder and powerbroker Mike Ashley, the owner of Sports Direct, at his own merchandising game. How can they do that if Ashley (or someone else) has the copyright to the crest(s)

Hagar the Horrible

Rangers Supporters Trust has formed a company - Flesher Haugh - to promote a range of fanwear, with all profits raised being used to buy shares and give fans more say in the running of their club as they try to take on Ibrox shareholder and powerbroker Mike Ashley, the owner of Sports Direct, at his own merchandising game. How can they do that if Ashley (or someone else) has the copyright to the crest(s)

That would be a brilliant popcorn viewing court case, would it not, Fans being taken to court for breach of copyright rules using their own crest.

Still it would expose the true extent of how much MA has them by the curlies.

Their fans are morons all that money should be saved up to buy more shares post administration, they could lose every penny of it.

Chaka Demus & pliers

By not using the crest and creating their own logo, I assume.

Taking on Sports Direct...aye very good.

That would be a brilliant popcorn viewing court case, would it not, Fans being taken to court for breach of copyright rules using their own crest.

Still it would expose the true extent of how much MA has them by the curlies.

Their fans are morons all that money should be saved up to buy more shares post administration, they could lose every penny of it.

The problem they have is that to buy a worthwhile number of shares they need a lot of money.

Then when new shares are issued they need even more money to stop thier shares being diluted again.

And their purchase will be irrelevant anyway as the controlling shareholders have their plums being held by a minority shareholder- so the size of their stake is utterly meaningless

Even if the fans bought half the company Ashley would STILL be in full control- he's just appointed his own people to the board - 2 of them- depsite only controlling >10%

Prince Buaben

Fan wear?

As in like cheap tracksuits and baseball cups with 'WE R THE PEEPUL'?

Prince Buaben

New 3.2% shareholder in Rangers International Football Club announced.

b1d14d460375db8bb0cd95d8c8bc4987.jpg

Ashley?

Will be interesting to see which institutional investor it is. Would crease myself if it's Chuck Green though. And the way things are going with the connections between Green and Ashley, it wouldn't surprise me!

Prince Buaben

No, Morgan Stanley.

No shit sherlock but they have been bought on behalf of who? I dont beleive the CEO and Chairman James P. Gorman or CFO Ruth Porat woke up yesterday and thought guess what we need 3.2% in Rangers FC.

Hagar the Horrible

No shit sherlock but they have been bought on behalf of who? I dont beleive the CEO and Chairman James P. Gorman or CFO Ruth Porat woke up yesterday and thought guess what we need 3.2% in Rangers FC.

They will be acting as a broker

Hagar the Horrible

Forgot to add, Here is an opportunity for King to put his money where his mouth is, for a relatively small sum, as well as Nash would be giving it a GIRUY? but if this is not King then it proves beyond doubt he is a busted flush, A South African Plumber!!!!

THE RED & BLACK SHIRT

Red and Black are the iconic colours of the traditional Rangers socks, but they are also the colours of the ancient Burgh of Govan where Rangers play - To this day the Govan High School colours are red and black.

During the administration crisis the club endured, red and black scarves became a symbol of defiance and pride in the club as fans showed their commitment.

Red and Black now symbolises the spirit of determination which "saved the club" and which now wants to secure its future through democratic fans control of a large shareholding.

Image for illustration purposes.Pixellove icons

"Saved the club" my understanding is they were/are liquidated. http://www.redandblackshirt.com This is all very noble but doesn't stand a snow balls chance in hell of competing with the bottom feeders who have things well and truly stitched up in this rag bag shambles of a club.

THE RED & BLACK SHIRT

Red and Black are the iconic colours of the traditional Rangers socks, but they are also the colours of the ancient Burgh of Govan where Rangers play - To this day the Govan High School colours are red and black.

During the administration crisis the club endured, red and black scarves became a symbol of defiance and pride in the club as fans showed their commitment.

Red and Black now symbolises the spirit of determination which "saved the club" and which now wants to secure its future through democratic fans control of a large shareholding.

"Saved the club" my understanding is they were/are liquidated. http://www.redandblackshirt.com This is all very noble but doesn't stand a snow balls chance in hell of competing with the bottom feeders who have things well and truly stitched up in this rag bag shambles of a club.

Give them their due, that is actually no a bad price.

...a bit disco

After a quick google it turns out that top is just a rebranded Southside Radio Cars 5s top.

The Mighty Thor

The black and red top is a cracking idea. They need a high street sportswear distributor to get it out there to the faithful. They should have a chat to the boys at sports direct.

:smug:

The black and red top is a cracking idea. They need a high street sportswear distributor to get it out there to the faithful. They should have a chat to the boys at sports direct.

:smug:

They better get a trademark sorted out quick. He might just start selling them as well

They better get a trademark sorted out quick. He might just start selling them as well

:laugh: oh god how funny would that be if he started selling them at a small loss

THE RED & BLACK SHIRT

The fans had a chance to have their say in the control of Sevco at the time of the IPO. As usual , they voted with their feet not their wallets, as they did just about every time there's been a share issue at Ibrox.

Any notion of getting any kind of significant shareholding to exercise any kind of influence is just laughable and delusional. The best thing they can do is boycott all merchandising. If nothing else, it ensures MA doesn't gain from his control of the merchandising rights.

Dave Wheelan of Wigan who owned JJB Sports till Ashley bought him out coz he was supposedly dying,

says Ashley is only in Rangers for the money. Radio

Dods says again that he Mile Ashley will bring Newcastle players up to Glasgow.

- pipe down diddy dodsy.

Wheelan used to say Ashley is a liar ( I only quote Radio Scotland ). Money never lies, as Putin would say.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic