The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

I did say I was not trying to be? but one has to ask? why they accept it?

Of all people, Hearts fans should understand there's little you can do about a dickish owner.

Footballfirst

Llambias isn't joining the board for the moment, but acting as a consultant according to Chris McLaughlin.

I guess that it could be that Ashley is waiting for SFA clearance, or that he is just doing due diligence in looking at the books to determine what the longer term actions should be, e.g. invest more or prepare for admin.

The Neil Rankine case (Livvy, East Fife, Dumbarton)should come to a conclusion in the next couple of weeks. One day?s evidence has already been heard, with a further day scheduled for 7th November. The outcome may have a bearing on dual ownership although I suspect that the SFA will fudge the issue saying that Rankine is a no-no because the clubs play one another, but that Ashley is OK because it is unlikely that both clubs will meet in the foreseeable future.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/livingston/livingston-s-rankine-hearing-to-resume-in-november-1-3581439

Wallace, The Easdales, now Ashley - do you have to be over 30st to buy in to Ra Gers?

So MA may install a financially sound model to Rangers.

He could be their fergus mccann. They need someone as strong as ashley to push through the cuts but it will be of long term benefit to MA and Rangers Football Club.

I think that what MA will do is make the club live within it's means, similar to the Newcastle model. This wiil make The Rangers a sustainable club but not anything like they were in the Murray era.

Will the Orcs accept it? If they are winning things then yes. If they are still miles behind their other arse cheek then they will drift away.

Will MA care?

If the income stream for HIM is OK then things will stay as they are. If he starts to lose money he may have to spend a little to get it back.

It is possible that The Rangers will limp along at the sort of level that NUFC do in the EPL.

MA is in it to make money for MA and no one else and he will do exactly as he wants to achieve this.

So all in all we can have a stab at what he will do and where The Rangers will be under him but no one can really tell. We will all just have to wait and see.

I do not really like popcorn but this story is a long long way from being over.

One is clear MA is not a Gers man, it's all about profit as said ^ I can't imagine the Orc's being content with 3rd or 4th place. They may retain a core support but only 1st place will keep the periphery ones buying and coming along.

The point I think that many are missing is that Ashley doesn?t own Rangers, unlike Newcastle where he does, lock stock and barrel.

Maybe he has no intention of ever owning them outright. He owns 10% of the club which has given him the position to own the rights to the parts of a football club that regularly make profit and has hooks into the assets, he has loaned (not given) Sevco ?2Mill but that?s secured on assets which I would guess are worth far more than ?2 Million. (AND he?ll take that money back as he has with his short term loans at Newcastle, ?11 Million repaid in last accounts and an anticipated further ?18 mill could be in the next set)

He doesn?t need to own the whole club, which along with it brings the bit that can burn cash quickly (the football side - player trading, agents etc etc) he can keep the nice little earners and influence the rest from where he is established now without any real exposure to himself because he sure as hell doesn?t do ?gifts?.

Maybe he can lock down the retail/image side so that whatever happens even in an insolvency event he could retain them, and if he owns the assets, worst for him is that his 10% shareholding is at risk, but maybe that was his speculate to accumulate cash.

Ahley would still benefit if he lost the value of his 10% Mash holding shares as he could buy everything left up for a song.

His ploy is surely to buy the rights to things for small sums such as Ibrox name etc so that if they did go into Admin, he is in the best remaining position.

Goodness knows how much else he has recently got control of in return for his wee loans.

So desperate for anyone`s money I wonder how they would have reacted to a group of Lithuanian business men wanting to do same?

Had a gander over on the RIFC share site, just to see how the shares were doing, whilst there had a read at some of the posts, some real numpties on there,

some think Ashley will pump ?M's into them for players and that the good old days of the Murray era are about to return.

To give you a flavour of some of the delusion going on over there here is one quote:

"The initial loan of two million will cover payroll to January and the AGM. The Easdales/Laxey/Ashley consortium want the best for Rangers, with the ambition that their shares will return a profit when the Champions League returns to Ibrox. After all the nonsense and empty rhetoric, Rangers are guarantedd to finish this season and the next."

?2m will cover payroll to January, what planet is this clown on.

The Easdales/Laxey/ Ashley want the best for Rangers, again what plant is this clown on.

They seem to think that just because Ashley has bags full of money he is going to spend it on them, yes he'll spend some on them but for every ?1 he spends he'll want ?2 back.

There seems to be some sensible posts on there but there is also some real clowns.

They were 48 hours from going broke, yet they are now on about CL music again at Ibrox.

What is as clear as day is that no-one is just going to throw money at The Rangers. Even the saviour Dave King wanted a huge chunk of the shares for his investment. Everyone wants to make money, or at least have guarantees that the money the do invest is not lost.

Hagar the Horrible

I wonder how much of that ?2m loan, went to get rid off Wallace, he would have taken every penny due especially if it was MA's? surely?

Footballfirst

The latest Union of Fandans statement

"The Rangers support and the club itself has once again been betrayed by those tasked with overseeing the health and success of our great football club.

"The decision by the non-executive directors of the Plc board, Mr Somers, Mr James Easdale and Mr Norman Crighton, to effectively hand control of the club to Mike Ashley in return for a ?2m, short term loan, is an absolute disgrace.

"They have acted in a cowardly way and have been bullied by Mike Ashley and Sandy Easdale into giving them precisely what they want with no regard for the club.

"The club was at a crossroads. The board had to decide whether to take us down the route of a long term, ?16m, sustainable investment and the start of a process where fans could once again trust those tasked with nursing Rangers back to health.

"Instead they have handed Mike Ashley control of the boardroom for a pittance which will now have to be repaid out of the pockets of the dwindling number of Rangers fans who still choose to support this regime financially.

"They have neglected their duty to shareholders, fans and the club itself. Their cowardly act now means we are likely to see Mr Ashley gain long term control of the club?s remaining commercial income without having to actually invest a penny.

"The board has, through a policy of inaction and cooperation with Sandy Easdale?s shareholder group, allowed a situation to develop where corporate vultures are grabbing what assets they can. There is no long term plan. There is no investment. We simply limp from one short term fix to another, each time giving away more of the family silver, despite a clear alternative being available.

"Sandy Easdale?s pronouncement that the Plc board "did their duty and their due diligence accordingly" and have done "what's in the best interests of the fans, the club and the shareholders" is the type of laughable nonsense we have come to expect from him.

"Mr Easdale certainly got what he wanted which was the retention of his seat in the director?s box and his club tie. The club and the fans have been sold down the river and this is another kick in the teeth for both them and the reputable shareholders still involved at Rangers.

"Mr Easdale, rather than disingenuous statements, should explain to fans why he actively blocked a ?16m investment that could have taken the club forward.

"It is now a matter of individual conscience for fans if they wish to continue to fund the corporate pillaging of our football club. They should be under no illusions however that every time they purchase a single item in either Sports Direct or our club shops, they are paying for the privilege of allowing Mike Ashley to strengthen his grip on our commercial operations in a move which could hamstring the club for a generation.

"Also for the remainder of this season, every match ticket they buy will be used to pay Mr Ashley back the money he has lent for control of our club. Effectively they will be paying him for the privilege of his power grab."

Great stuff.

SoS having another demo & boycott tonight too..

54d138a014e362f467ab0ff373dc1efb.jpg

Like MA will care what these lot think, he'll just open another Bottle of Chateaux Rottweiler followed by Newcastle Brown Ale Chasers. Take me or leave me but I hold the cards!

Hagar the Horrible

I see the sos have confirmed that the new er hmm consult last came to ibrox to meet fans with chuckle to sell the concept that renaming your stadium is a good thing. What's the chances of new guy having links with green. They can't all

Confidentiality clauses might mean we'll never know the amount, but I'd imagine it would be substantial..

Radio clyde phone in was superb last night. Lots of huns still don't get it again. Team Ashley are there only for the retail value, not to pump millions into player purchases etc.

Obsessed with him not being a " raingurs man" like king too.

Doesn't it need to be disclosed to the stock exchange? And if not, surely it would show in next year's annual accounts anyway (if they make it that far)?

As for the SoS and UoF comments... LOL. That's the fans in total meltdown mode. We probably won't see admin this year but the boycotting could still help our case for top spot and automatic promotion as Der Hun crumble to teams in front of 12k at ?1brox.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Random question:

See if Ashley own Newcastle, and effectively owns/controls Rangers, does he have a say when it comes to the EPL voting on things like the OF and their desire to join English football?

They should be under no illusions however that every time they purchase a single item in either Sports Direct or our club shops, they are paying for the privilege of allowing Mike Ashley to strengthen his grip on our commercial operations in a move which could hamstring the club for a generation.

worth thinking about this one, has Ashley deeply thought this through. He could see a mass boycott from both Rangers & Celtic fans in his SD stores.

It's a big market for him to upset both cheeks of the smelly arse.

Prince Buaben

worth thinking about this one, has Ashley deeply thought this through. He could see a mass boycott from both Rangers & Celtic fans in his SD stores.

It's a big market for him to upset both cheeks of the smelly arse.

Where else are they going to get cheap tracksuits from. can 3 in SD for the price of 1 in JD

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Where else are they going to get cheap tracksuits from. can 3 in SD for the price of 1 in JD

If I was Lawwell or that other prick with the racehorses, who's name currently escapes me, I'd be starting up a rival cheap shite Ned outfitters store tomorrow, to be honest. Phree munney from the weeg.

Rangers fans more likely to boycott or just not go than Newcastle fans?

Anyway someone had to get hold of costs eventually. Lots of pain ahead for Rangers. Brilliant strategy by Ashley.

"Good" Rangers fans sat back and let it happen.

"The board has, through a policy of inaction and cooperation with Sandy Easdale?s shareholder group, allowed a situation to develop where corporate vultures are grabbing what assets they can. There is no long term plan. There is no investment. We simply limp from one short term fix to another, each time giving away more of the family silver, despite a clear alternative being available.

They should be under no illusions however that every time they purchase a single item in either Sports Direct or our club shops, they are paying for the privilege of allowing Mike Ashley to strengthen his grip on our commercial operations in a move which could hamstring the club for a generation.

For once the Union of Fuds get it.

By the time Ashley & his fellow spivs are finished, Rangers will be lucky to own anything of any worth, as it will have been hived offed piece by piece.

And once Ashley & the spivs leave, they will have nothing of any worth left and will have little income other than season tickets etc.

They really see Ashley as yet another saviour whose going to pump ?M's into them.

Its not a short term fix though. Ashley has taken over in practice it seems.

Edited by Mikey1874

Rangers fans more likely to boycott or just not go than Newcastle fans?

Anyway someone had to get hold of costs eventually. Lots of pain ahead for Rangers. Brilliant strategy by Ashley.

"Good" Rangers fans sat back and let it happen AGAIN

There i fixed that for you.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

Footballfirst

A number of delayed trades coming through today.

24-Oct-14 12:55:31 21.00 400,000

24-Oct-14 15:39:43 21.35 1,000,000

24-Oct-14 15:53:54 20.50 500,000

28-Oct-14 11:05:46 20.00 250,000

No idea about the buyers or sellers though.

Wallace maybe?

Hobbled! hobbled by Ashley. Dodds the Hun on Radio 4 actually just said that " this could be good for Rangers beacause you might find some United footballers coming to Rangers" what utter rubbish.

If he cares not a bit for Newcastle he cares less for Rangers and he is an asset stripper. There seem to be few better. Oh you Newco fans, of Struth and others rise up and boycott anything to do with Ashley.

Malinga the Swinga

Hobbled! hobbled by Ashley. Dodds the Hun on Radio 4 actually just said that " this could be good for Rangers beacause you might find some United footballers coming to Rangers" what utter rubbish.

If he cares not a bit for Newcastle he cares less for Rangers and he is an asset stripper. There seem to be few better. Oh you Newco fans, of Struth and others rise up and boycott anything to do with Ashley.

Billy Dodds should concentrate on his own club, and not worry about Rangers. Problem with half the ex players in Scotland is that they are all still obsessed with Rangers and Celtic, and persist in this stupid belief that both teams are relevant outside of Scotland.

Ashley could'nt care less what sports think of him, he is motivated by money and not by popularity. Think RFC fans are in for a shock when the reality of what a real asset stripper looks like. He makes Green, Whyte and Murray look like amateurs where money making is concerned. He is a ruthless b*****d.

Footballfirst

Wallace maybe?

He didn't hold any shares. Unless he was buying them on the basis that Ashley's investment would boost the price. :whistling:

Exactly this. Still don't think most folk realise the perilous financial position they are in. The ?2m from Ashley is papering over the cracks for another month or so (let alone paying off the directors that have "resigned"). They are still in desperate need of funding and as it stands, the only person capable of offering it is MA. If he offers more funding, it will be in exchange for more assets or contracts, or even... the Big Hoose!

He's got them right where he wants them and by the short and curlies.

A ?2 million loan effectively gives Ashley control of Sevco , he's got his foot in the door and he is the only one who can (or will) save them. He is Sevco's last and only chance for survival and you can bet he's going to get everything he wants to strengthen his grip on the parent company. They will do what he wants or he will shut them down. Sevco fans can talk 'til they're blue in the face about a boycott (no pun intended) of Sports Direct but they have no say - and worse ,no choice. It's Ashley or bust. And they deserve what's coming to them.

This trade looks to be related to the share issue.

Footballfirst

This trade looks to be related to the share issue.

Unlikely. The shares were trading between 20p and 21p today, so the trade at 20p just looks like a sale.

Cardiac Rucksack

The fans still seem to think there was a ?16million investment coming. So easily fooled.

Malinga the Swinga

The fans still seem to think there was a ?16million investment coming. So easily fooled.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. These numpties have been fooled about 10 times and still would back anyone who shows up with a few quid. Notice that Jackson has been quiet in last few days. His King supporting antics will have made sure he gets no more inside scoops fromThe Sports Dircect Arena, although if Newcastle in an example, no one gets information from Ashley until deal is done and dusted.

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

Sports direct V St. Jonstone tonight.

Guess the crowd?

4f06dc7bc8a396644805ad7969f2aa5c.jpg

Massive demo outside too.

6d1a38fac13e16098f0f9129239066c9.jpg

post-25452-0-54705600-1414526352_thumb.jpg Implosion on the way!!

Sports direct V St. Jonstone tonight.

Guess the crowd?

4f06dc7bc8a396644805ad7969f2aa5c.jpg

That is ******* atrocious. :rofl: :rofl;

812992210e4cc46afebdfefd3e956f31.jpg

Der Hun does do "Walking away" it seems.

Arf.

Mr English not toe-ing Ra Party line any longer it seems...

Bloody good article as well tbf. if I was one of Ra Peepil i'd be starting to get nervous. I wonder how many other journalists will be breaking ranks now?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29808342

There are so many moving parts to this saga that it is difficult to keep up with developments and almost impossible to predict what happens next.

There appears to be a consensus on this thread that Ashley is not going to pump money into Rangers to allow them to spend beyond their means in the transfer market. Most likely he will run them on a prudent basis where they have to live within their means.

The problem for Rangers is that the retail / commercial revenues will all be going to Ashley, not to the club. And the onerous contracts owned by the spivs also have to be honoured.

So the balance of revenues that are actually available to fund the footballing operations are diminished. On that basis, it is difficult to see how Rangers in their current state could ever compete financially with Celtic.

And if that's the case, how long before the fans desert in (even more) numbers, we know they don't like playing second fiddle and the prospect of watching Celtic gradually progress towards 10 in a row will not play well with ra peepul.

watching Celtic gradually progress towards 10 in a row will not play well with ra peepul.

The Geordies would watch Newcastle in the local pub league. Ashley is in for a shock if he thinks the orcs will do the same.

The Geordies would watch Newcastle in the local pub league. Ashley is in for a shock if he thinks the orcs will do the same.

Absolutely, think back to the early 80s when Aberdeen and Dundee Utd emerged as title challengers and Rangers were not at the races. They were getting crowds of 8,000 at Ibrox. The fans only came flooding back when Murray started pumping money in that was borrowed against his other businesses. The problem for Rangers is that a large proportion of their fan base only remember the glory years and expect it to always be that way.

but if they don't challenge celtic, and soon, the gers fans will do walking away

Won't impact much financially if MA is backing them

4bb6bec0dc7a3c3479b94fda61f12d6a.jpg

A taste of what's coming soon. :lol:

Brilliant! They don't get irony do they?

Won't impact much financially if MA is backing them

Not quite sure what you mean, but MA will only spend a quid to make 2. If the fans walk he will strip the assets and walk too. He is a ruthless business man. Ask anyone who worked for the many companies he has bought over the years. Rangers are just another business opportunity for him and it is not about buying advertising space.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic