The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Malinga the Swinga

Won't impact much financially if MA is backing them

Of course it will impact Rangers. Ashley is only interested in making money for Sports Direct and then providing himself with a large payout. Google Sports Direct AGM and see what he tried to

Ugh through as his wage packet and see reaction of shareholders. He doesn't care, he wants money and tant is all. He won't spend a fortune on players for Rangers, he won't spend a lot on management. They are almost in and dministartion position with Ashley and his crew as the administrators. Nothing will be done without his say so, nothing will be bought or sold without his say so, no one will do anything without his say so. All of this for the minimum investment he has put in shows what a shrewd operator he is and what a clueless bunch of idiots the rest of the would be buyers such as King and Kennedy were.

Interesting that new consultant, Llambias is a colleague/associate of a certain Mr Charles Green. Funny how Chuck is still tied in. Makes you wonder if all this was planned from Sevco's creation, with Ashley aboard from the start.

Footballfirst

What looks like a random story in the Scotsman, brings a couple of well known folks together.

http://www.scotsman.com/what-s-on/tv-radio/dj-suzie-mcguire-tried-to-take-own-life-over-abuse-1-3586627

"Giving evidence, she described being assaulted in the Grill Room at 29, a private members club at Royal Exchange Square, Glasgow, in December 2011. She said she had hosted the Cash for Kids lunch at the Hilton hotel earlier that day and afterwards had gone on to an after-party with her husband and others, including Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley and former Rangers owner Craig Whyte, who was then still with the club."

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. These numpties have been fooled about 10 times and still would back anyone who shows up with a few quid. Notice that Jackson has been quiet in last few days. His King supporting antics will have made sure he gets no more inside scoops fromThe Sports Dircect Arena, although if Newcastle in an example, no one gets information from Ashley until deal is done and dusted.

I'm still waiting on the Glasgow media explaining how King had a ?12 million package to take ownership knocked back (according to SSN today) and yet Ashley effectively gets control just by loaning Sevco ?2 million. Loving the pain Ashley is causing : to the club , their stupid fans and the stupid , fawning , cretinous , ass kissing Glasgow media.

When all is said and done, if it wasn't for Ashley, Sevco would already be in admin.

So on top of all the money Newco has blown they had to borrow money to get them to the end of last season. The ST money ran out early into this season so they had a share issue that was to re-pay the previous lain and get them through to the end of the year where they would then have another share issue that would get them to the end if the season.

That money has ran out and they need another 2 mil to get them to that point.

So a total of $15 to $20 mil will be required over and above the current revenue streams to get them through the season.

Let's say by some miracle they manage to raise the money they need the difference between playing in the Champ and the SPL will not cover the difference.

So is the plan just to raise another $15m to get them through each subsequent season?

MA will surely not cover that amount each year. Still fail to see how this will end well for Newco unless they cut their expenditure significantly which they appear to have no intentions of doing.

4bb6bec0dc7a3c3479b94fda61f12d6a.jpg

A taste of what's coming soon. :lol:

Is that a Sports Direct advert for Adidas training shoes? Only one of each on display to stop the scum stealing a pair.

You have to hand it to MA his advertising is quite subtle

Edited by 7628mm

Apparently SoS/UoF/whatever are going to physically prevent people from getting into the next home game against Falkirk.

Should be tasty!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Apparently SoS/UoF/whatever are going to physically prevent people from getting into the next home game against Falkirk.

Should be tasty!

Like when they stopped us all getting in to Hampden 19/05/12?

:rofl:

Not quite sure what you mean, but MA will only spend a quid to make 2. If the fans walk he will strip the assets and walk too. He is a ruthless business man. Ask anyone who worked for the many companies he has bought over the years. Rangers are just another business opportunity for him and it is not about buying advertising space.

only if he'd make more money than he could while running the club. He won't have to spend fortunes to make them the second best team in scotland and thus regularly getting into Europe.

Chris McLaughlin article on Rangers is a reasonable one - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29811387 - but I do wish the MSM would actually read the UEFA rules on commercial rights before spouting the nonsense of Ashley "using RFC to showcase SD to the European stage". See pages 45-47 on UEFA exclusivity with these rights. http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/competitions/Regulations/01/79/68/69/1796869_DOWNLOAD.pdf

The Geordies would watch Newcastle in the local pub league. Ashley is in for a shock if he thinks the orcs will do the same.

This is an enormous myth. Living on tyneside I attended many games pre Keegan with small apathetic crowds. Just like Rangers pre Murray.

This is an enormous myth. Living on tyneside I attended many games pre Keegan with small apathetic crowds. Just like Rangers pre Murray.

That should give the Orcs something to think about, going on the assumption that they are capable of the thought process. I look forward to attending Ibrox in the future when the famous get the whole Broomloan again, those were happy days.

That?s true Nudey, I was regularly amongst that small number, that said, crowds in general were smaller back then. But for the last 25 years or so NUFC have averaged near 50K every league game with never a sniff of anything approaching ?glory?, and even over 40K in a relegation, I somehow doubt new Rangers would maintain anything like half of 40K if they aren?t beating Celtic and winning stuff regularly.

Football fans are fickle and success always raises gates, NUFC seem to be able to maintain gates even when they are crap (which is most of my lifetime) would Rangers ?who have a god given right to dominate the world? keep the same hold.

Absolutely, think back to the early 80s when Aberdeen and Dundee Utd emerged as title challengers and Rangers were not at the races. They were getting crowds of 8,000 at Ibrox. The fans only came flooding back when Murray started pumping money in that was borrowed against his other businesses. The problem for Rangers is that a large proportion of their fan base only remember the glory years and expect it to always be that way.

The problem is most arn't old enough to remember back to those days, a bit like some sections of our support.

Back in 1981 I remember standing in an errily quite Tynecastle watching us play St. Midden in front of only 2,600.

their crowds were around the 20,000 mark in the 70s but shot up in the mid-80s when Keegan came to town. Was living down there at the time and Keegan really did have a huge impact on the club and the crowds have stayed high ever since

Hagar the Horrible

4bb6bec0dc7a3c3479b94fda61f12d6a.jpg

A taste of what's coming soon. :lol:

Has anybody else spotted the irony of Auctions every other week day?

And the new Erhmmmm Consultant Llambias? is his first name Succulent???????

Walter Bishop

Suzie McGuire ex-Clyde 1 DJ currently in court regarding domestic abuse against her had an interest thing read out yesterday................a connection with Ashley and Whyte, surely not!! :rofl:

"She said she had hosted the Cash for Kids lunch at the Hilton hotel earlier that day and afterwards had gone on to an after-party with her husband and others, including Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley and former Rangers owner Craig Whyte"A

Chris McLaughlin article on Rangers is a reasonable one - http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/29811387 - but I do wish the MSM would actually read the UEFA rules on commercial rights before spouting the nonsense of Ashley "using RFC to showcase SD to the European stage". See pages 45-47 on UEFA exclusivity with these rights. http://www.uefa.com/...69_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Yes, but Ashley would still have the benefit of access to substantial broadcasting and merchandising income generated by CL, and they could still wear shirts with a Sports Direct sponsorship. It's true that they couldn't refer to Ibroke as the Sports Direct Arena, or have SD adverts up on CL home games, but CL games are much more for TV viewers than those who turn up, and they'll see his logo on the shirts.

Prince Buaben

McCoist came out saying he doesnt want Celtic in the League Cup. That will go down with the Unwashed thinking there gaffer is scared of Celtic.

Radio clyde phone in was superb last night. Lots of huns still don't get it again. Team Ashley are there only for the retail value, not to pump millions into player purchases etc.

Try the podcast from last night - 41mins in some boy called Stevie comes on and unleashes some spectacular views including creating the word scepticizing.

- Ashley will take Rangers places David Murray couldn't.

-He's a billionaire.

-The big money will come out next year

-Ally will get the warchest

-This guy will be the best thing ever for Rangers

As well as using the word fact to justify some views before and then not providing any valid justification.

Edited by Mysterion

I'd say there is more chance of Ashley taking millions from Sevco rather that him pumping in millions.

Seymour M Hersh

Try the podcast from last night - 41mins in some boy called Stevie comes on and unleashes some spectacular views including creating the word scepticizing.

-He's a billionaire.

As well as using the word fact to justify some views before and then not providing any valid justification.

I quite like that as a word. What does it mean?

Of course it will impact Rangers. Ashley is only interested in making money for Sports Direct and then providing himself with a large payout. Google Sports Direct AGM and see what he tried to

Ugh through as his wage packet and see reaction of shareholders. He doesn't care, he wants money and tant is all. He won't spend a fortune on players for Rangers, he won't spend a lot on management. They are almost in and dministartion position with Ashley and his crew as the administrators. Nothing will be done without his say so, nothing will be bought or sold without his say so, no one will do anything without his say so. All of this for the minimum investment he has put in shows what a shrewd operator he is and what a clueless bunch of idiots the rest of the would be buyers such as King and Kennedy were.

Interesting that new consultant, Llambias is a colleague/associate of a certain Mr Charles Green. Funny how Chuck is still tied in. Makes you wonder if all this was planned from Sevco's creation, with Ashley aboard from the start.

interesting including last sentence

Geoff Kilpatrick

Keep reading about this Sons of Struth thing and thought you lot might be able to assist.

What/who is a 'Struth' please?

Bill Struth, kind of their Tommy Walker.

Carl Weathers

Keep reading about this Sons of Struth thing and thought you lot might be able to assist.

What/who is a 'Struth' please?

Bill Stuth. Successful manager from yonks ago.

I assumed it was something bigoted at first.

Aha. Thank you both.

CW - that's what I was wondering. Would come as no surprise at all if it was.

Sounds like Sons of William (of Orange ) are there no daughters of Struth ? Or is it men only?

Sounds like Sons of William (of Orange ) are there no daughters of Struth ? Or is it men only?

When you see some of the women that stand behind a "Sons of Struth" banner, you could forgive them for their confusion

Edited by Feeno

So on top of all the money Newco has blown they had to borrow money to get them to the end of last season. The ST money ran out early into this season so they had a share issue that was to re-w

MA will surely not cover that amount each year. Still fail to see how this will end well for Newco unless they cut their expenditure significantly which they appear to have no intentions of doing.

I'm betting that MA sends in his heavies and wields an axe on the excessive expenditure. Don't forget : he has the goose that lays the golden eggs and he collects all the eggs via the Sevco merchandising that he has sewn up. He will want this to continue and that means Sevco's existence has to be assured. But that doesn't mean MA pumping money into Sevco just to pay bloated salaries and Ally's warchest. MA got his fingers badly burned at NUFC because he didn't do proper diligence prior to buying the club, he has admitted that much. He won't be buying Sevco IMO but I'm sure he will ensure his commercial interests remain alive & kicking by getting the spending down and that means a thorough financial review. Sevco will almost certainly be playing in the top league next season and their income streams should increase dramatically. I'd look out for MA loading debt onto the club (look at what he has done at NUFC- they still owe him ?100 million) just to get them to next season.

He has Sevco by the short & curlies. He can force the board to do whatever it takes to keep Sevco alive and the beauty of it is , he gets maximum control for a minimal outlay and the board will have to take the blame for whatever follows, not Ashley.

Don't know why but, seeing Tommy Walker's name alongside Struth's makes me boak.

There was less than a zero chance of a Roman Catholic ever playing for Rangers while Struth was in charge.

PS If you want a laugh, put on your biohazard suit and read this:

http://billmcmurdo.wordpress.com/2012/12/26/bill-struth-prophet-to-our-generation/

Diadora Van Basten

Don't know why but, seeing Tommy Walker's name alongside Struth's makes me boak.

There was less than a zero chance of a Roman Catholic ever playing for Rangers while Struth was in charge.

http://billmcmurdo.wordpress.com/2012/12/26/bill-struth-prophet-to-our-generation/

Reminds me of Gollum from Lord of the Rings

Brian McNally ?@McNallyMirror ? 5m5 minutes ago

Thanks to those supplying useful info on further linkage between Ashley, Green & Whyte. Working on it now. DM for email details please

http://billmcmurdo.w...our-generation/

Reading the comments on this are superb and nothing has changed they still dont get it.

We_are_the_Hearts

Reading the comments on this are superb and nothing has changed they still dont get it.

Stopped reading at "In essence, being a Ranger means you rise above the bigotry of others"...............................LOL

Hagar the Horrible

I feel sullied, he talks about hammering others who want to vilify them, then says in the very next sentence he talks about peace in our game and offering the hand of friendship? So that's the plan then? Tell them the hard facts about how we see them, for that you get your windows tanned then offer you a red hand in friendship because if you want it or not, or indeed need it or not there must be a strong Rangers in charge?

Stopped reading at "In essence, being a Ranger means you rise above the bigotry of others"...............................LOL

that is absolutely amazing that a rangers fan could write that line. A club built on bigotry and thriving off it to this day

-He's a billionaire.

Was it "Wee Stevie" the IT guy that McCoist was referring to as the head of his scouting network by any chance? :lol:

The delusion is getting beyond sisterfister.net levels!

Please PM Uly/Dex or whoever and ask if you can start a thread on it

It' the third post with the same link in the last day, WTF is going on?

dodgy IMO.

Geoff Kilpatrick

It was for comparison purposes in terms of how Orcs perceive Struth.

That?s true Nudey, I was regularly amongst that small number, that said, crowds in general were smaller back then. But for the last 25 years or so NUFC have averaged near 50K every league game with never a sniff of anything approaching ?glory?, and even over 40K in a relegation, I somehow doubt new Rangers would maintain anything like half of 40K if they aren?t beating Celtic and winning stuff regularly.

Football fans are fickle and success always raises gates, NUFC seem to be able to maintain gates even when they are crap (which is most of my lifetime) would Rangers ?who have a god given right to dominate the world? keep the same hold.

They've only averaged over 50,000 for the last 14 years, they averaged around 36000 for 7 years before that,as recently as 1991 they only averaged 17000, when I started going with mates in 81/82 they averaged 16/17000. The point is that, just like Rangers you can have a golden period with money to spend, big name signings etc this breeds a generation of glory hunters who think they support some great leviathan of a club and that it's always been so. This will only last for so long. What Rangers supporters have been through the last few years is pretty unprecedented levels of adversity, however they still remember dominating and all of the excitement, just like Newcastle fans remember Ginola and Asprilla etc, They expect to return to that soon. If they don't we will see. Just as if Newcastle ever fall into a sustained period of real adversity again, which lets face it they haven't, we will see! I'm an old enough git to remember standing on the Gallowgate end watching Leyton Orient with about 11000 present. How many current Rangers fans can remember the tiny crowds of the past? not many but given a sustained period of misery, most clubs, however big fans think they are or deserve to be will see crowds dwindle. If Ashley keep the sticky buns on life support while he sucks them dry for a sustained period, with them unable to compete with the other buttock, they will wither

FatSallyCan.jpg

Just had this sent to my site and thought it was worth sharing - made me laugh, fat salery in his previous day job - hope McAvennie got to him - sorry her !!!

J Cheever Loophole

FatSallyCan.jpg

Just had this sent to my site and thought it was worth sharing - made me laugh, fat salery in his previous day job - hope McAvennie got to him - sorry her !!!

Lol, more bang for your Buck. The slag!

a5eb646c8632901e9237e17f6d68ca77.jpg

Oh dear, the crest is next & there's nothing the hordes can do about it. Splendid work by team Ashley again. :lol:

Has he done a Craig Whyte, and mortgaged the pies, but to himself?

Footballfirst

David Somers now appointed Exec Chairman rather than Non Exec. No particular surprise there as they had been left with three non-execs and nobody to do the day to day work. I wonder if he's getting an increase on his ?2,500 a day fee that he was on previously.

RNS Number : 6536V

Rangers Int. Football Club PLC

30 October 2014

Rangers International Football Club plc

Executive Chairman

David Somers non-executive Chairman, will become Executive Chairman of Rangers on a temporary basis with immediate effect. In this role, he will liaise directly with senior staff within the Club about the operation of the business, and he will oversee the recruitment of a new Chief Executive and Finance director.

Edited by Footballfirst

• Maple Leaf locked this topic