The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

:vrface:

Keeping their wee lapdog close then aye? Wonder if he'll do any tricks for them? :ninja:

He can lick his own balls, but he'd need to stop licking theirs first.

:yucky:

...a bit disco

Gordon Waddell has tweeted that Michael Johnston at Killie may well replace Derek Weir of Motherwell on the SPL following the meeting scheduled for Monday.

This just keeps getting funnier!

So, Sevco 1690 end up in SFL3 tomorrow (;)) and yet they'll still have a seat on the SPL board?

Go figure!

Patrick Bateman

I enjoyed Gordon Smith's piety when asked where Rangers should end up, claiming that "Rangers fans want Division 3, but for Scottish football, I'd say Division 1" - Someone needs to drum it into them that Rangers existed from 1872 until June 2012, they no longer exist as a football club, following liquidation, much like Gretna or Third Lanark. The issue is now whether a financially uncertain (being generous) entity (NOT football club atm) named Sevco5088 should be allowed into the Scottish Football league, ahead of other, more stable candidates. This episode has shown the media in this country to be backwards, insular and incredibly short sighted. It has failed to adapt to the 21st century, much like football in this country.

So, Sevco 1690 end up in SFL3 tomorrow (;)) and yet they'll still have a seat on the SPL board?

Go figure!

Indeed. Killie are Sevco's proxy maintaining the 11-1 veto.

Cushty.

Imeantasong

Indeed. Killie are Sevco's proxy maintaining the 11-1 veto.

Cushty.

Pretty sure the other SPL clubs could say No then eh?

Unless of course he is seen as good to do the dirty work for them bottling it behind the scenes.

laugh.gif

It looked pish back then too. Brings back memories of thirty odd clones queuing outside Century/Revolution on Lothian Road, about a decade ago. :rofl:

Bet his bursd was watching at home in pedal-pushers. ermm.gif

You are obviously a man of impeccable taste! :thumbsup:

It was a horrific look and I remember refusing to go for a beer with one of my mates who was wearing one unless he changed it.

Needless to say, he did!!!

:verysmug:

It just goes to prove though that Gordon Smith is a complete and utter scumbag. Every cloud and all that!!! :D

Pretty sure the other SPL clubs could say No then eh?

Unless of course he is seen as good to do the dirty work for them bottling it behind the scenes.

Shhh!

The Comedian

:vrface:

Keeping their wee lapdog close then aye? Wonder if he'll do any tricks for them? :ninja:

The only apologist from the recent vote. They don't even try to hide their bias anymore. Filth.

:muggy:

Edited by The Comedian

Imeantasong

The only apologist from the recent vote. They don't even try to hide their bias anymore. Filth.

:muggy:

But he only abstained, not vote Yes???

Ahhh, maybe now we know why.

The only impartial member, who didn't vote Yes or GTF.

Anyway, may be rubbish.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

You are obviously a man of impeccable taste! :thumbsup:

It was a horrific look and I remember refusing to go for a beer with one of my mates who was wearing one unless he changed it.

Needless to say, he did!!!

:verysmug:

It just goes to prove though that Gordon Smith is a complete and utter scumbag. Every cloud and all that!!! :D

Horror story, can you imagine being one of those trumpets in the queue? Being made to stand there like a dance-troupe in a wee line as everyone walks past and laughs at you all turning up in the same costume? laugh.gif

Gordon Smith is exactly that sort of trumpet.

Is there likely to be anywhere you can watch a repeat of the show?

It is on YouTube already, all 13 mins of it. I noticed someone has posted it on the bears den forum under the Scotland tonight thread. Was having a laugh at them all saying Archie talks so much sense!

He is going to be their new wee lapdog.

Utter welt of a man, not setting foot in his shitey wee ground again.

Horror story, can you imagine being one of those trumpets in the queue? Being made to stand there like a dance-troupe in a wee line as everyone walks past and laughs at you all turning up in the same costume? laugh.gif

Gordon Smith is exactly that sort of trumpet.

I know, the best of it was though, that they thought the looked good. :blink:

Horrific gear and welts like Smith like to keep it alive. :D

Good thing is that it allows you to suss out who is a **** and who isn't like the famous chewing the fat sketch without actually speaking to them.

I reckon Bomber Brown must have a couple too!!!!

givememychoice

So, here it is, the day of reckoning.

What happens in the next 17 hours will probably have a lasting effect for many years to come. Assuming (and that is always dangerous in scottish football) that a decision is made today, one of 3 options will happen.

Option 1 - Rangers in SFL1 - Mass protests/boycotts etc. Very dangerous move

Option 2 - Rangers in SFL3 - I believe this to be most likely

Option 3 - Rangers not in SFL. - Least likely.

For me, if option 1 or 2 come to pass, then Im done with Scottish Football. I will not see another domestic game again unless there is massive change in the game.

Option 3 is the only one that maintains sporting integrity (ie going by the rules).

Hagar the Horrible

Just a thought but could Ticketus also be Blue pitch holdings and as such now own a quarter of knobco

I mean you just dont hand over ?24m and dont have some sort of security, like Ibrox

There is talk that they are still in the game, they would have not gone quitely going oh dear that was a bad investment better luck next time. You just dont give a guy off the street like Whyte that sort of money, not even the season tickets, unless they still get them????

Imeantasong

Right, I'm off to rest ma heid.

Off work tomorrow, so no doubt will be following this with all the ups and downs, and getting more annoyed realising there's more to follow (Johnston, SPL2 talk etc).

Question Time!

Usually settle down to shout at the telly on a Thursday night except I forgot it has finished for the Parlimentary recess.

How about a QT style Scottish fitba programme?

Chair - Thommo

Guests?

Lawell

Vlad

Doncaster

Regan

Murray

Now wouldn't that be fun?

Who would be your suggestions for the panel?

Hagar the Horrible

Question Time!

Usually settle down to shout at the telly on a Thursday night except I forgot it has finished for the Parlimentary recess.

How about a QT style Scottish fitba programme?

Chair - Thommo

Guests?

Lawell

Vlad

Doncaster

Regan

Murray

Now wouldn't that be fun?

Who would be your suggestions for the panel?

Myself, the Gasman, Lovecraft and Geoff, with Jim Traynor and wee chic

I will have them crying for their mums in 10mins

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I know, the best of it was though, that they thought the looked good. :blink:

Horrific gear and welts like Smith like to keep it alive. :D

Good thing is that it allows you to suss out who is a **** and who isn't like the famous chewing the fat sketch without actually speaking to them.

I reckon Bomber Brown must have a couple too!!!!

Bomber looks like a Clatty-Pat's or Dirty Harry's kinda man Floyd... I bet he has a whole MFI wardrobe dedicated to that particular 'fashion' item. woot.gif

Myself, the Gasman, Lovecraft and Geoff, with Jim Traynor and wee chic

I will have them crying for their mums in 10mins

I would prefer you lot in the audience. I'm sure that that would be the best way to get things going.

FarmerTweedy

It wouldn't even have got this far if you'd simply said you disagreed and, maybe one or two posts but, "utter drivel" repeated is inclined to make someone fight there corner.

FINITO!

Aye, I maybe took that too far!

Apologies!

FarmerTweedy

The background to this is the RUMOUR that Alex Salmond has agreed a potential ?10m fund with the UK Government for SPL clubs which get into financial difficulty in next year as result of the RFC situation, but only if RFC are given a ?realistic? position in league structure . Fund will be announced (except the aforementioned conditions) once RFC future in league is secure. One Conservative MP says that ?nobody wants 50,000 hooligans roaming the streets during the referendum campaign?, ?the collapse of Scottish football on our watch would be cataclysmic for us AND the SNP? and ?it?s all just posturing, of course, if Rangers are back in then there is no need for the funds?.

I don't know if there is any truth in this or not, but it is what is behind that tweet.

As for the letter I posted earlier, it was written and signed by a number of senior members of the Scotland Supporters Club.

The only realistic position in league structure for newco is div3 (or juniors)! Get them in the 3rd and get the cash out!

Bomber looks like a Clatty-Pat's or Dirty Harry's kinda man Floyd... I bet he has a whole MFI wardrobe dedicated to that particular 'fashion' item. woot.gif

:rofl:

Just had a vision of Bomber with one of those shirts on with his farah's and a pair of slip on shoes with tassels at the front sporting white sport socks.

'The background to this is the RUMOUR that Alex Salmond has agreed a potential ?10m fund with the UK Government for SPL clubs which get into financial difficulty in next year as result of the RFC situation, but only if RFC are given a ?realistic? position in league structure . Fund will be announced (except the aforementioned conditions) once RFC future in league is secure. One Conservative MP says that ?nobody wants 50,000 hooligans roaming the streets during the referendum campaign?, ?the collapse of Scottish football on our watch would be cataclysmic for us AND the SNP? and ?it?s all just posturing, of course, if Rangers are back in then there is no need for the funds?.

I don't know if there is any truth in this or not, but it is what is behind that tweet.

As for the letter I posted earlier, it was written and signed by a number of senior members of the Scotland Supporters Club.'

That item above has to be the biggest load of tosh posted on here (I know it was not written by the op) -- to think any public money would be found at a time like this for football clubs .......... remember 1700 jobs at risk at Halls and numerous other companies never mind monies needed for houses, care homes etc., yet there would be money found to help the clubs !!! ............ never mind the rest of the phantom tram lines.

Edited by CJGJ

Guest Bilel Mohsni

:rofl:

Just had a vision of Bomber with one of those shirts on with his farah's and a pair of slip on shoes with tassels at the front sporting white sport socks.

laugh.gif

He's a no-nonsense, Brown sauce on everything sorta guy Floyd. thumbsup.gif

FarmerTweedy

The reasoning against a 16-team league is that it produces only 30 league matches per season and the SPL clubs require a minimum of 36 (10-team league). However, a proposal was sent to SPL/SFA/SFL on the last occasion of league reconstruction debate (nov/dec 2010) suggesting a 16-team league plus a cup competition for the 16 SPL clubs but it was not offered consideration. When the recent Rangers position arose a similar proposal was presented to the same bodies again for a 12-team SPL league incorporating a 16-team cup competition with provision for 4 invitations. The invitational cup competition allowed for Newco Sevco to play plus offering 2 Old Firm matches and bolted on to the existing commercial contracts would have preserved income levels.

This blows out the water that only a 10/12-team SPL could survive commercially and also raises the question again of the reluctance of Doncaster/Regan to accept other models.

Therefore, if other models work and a cup competition can be staged with ease what is it that maintains the furious activity of the dynamic duo to retain the status quo?

The only points I can think of are revenue share between 12 (and more so for 10) is better than 16 further decimating any proposal the SPL have for sharing out wealth in the game - Celtic IMHO would be behind this as would the previous Gers regime and also the SFA.

Having negotiated a recent deal with Sky Doncaster is seeking to preserve his own position and maintain the SPL membership at a top level of 12 - although Gers situation may force him into a slight amendment.

Not many people bother to attend matches in the two current cup competitions, except when the finals come around. Inventing yet another cup competition to pad out the fixtures is, I suspect, likely to see about 3 folk and a dog turning up to watch the games (maybe a few dozen for the final). I'd doubt very much if any broadcaster would touch it with a bargepole. It would, IMO, do absolutely nothing to preserve income levels, in fact the costs of staging the matches would almost certainly be higher than the amount of revenue generated by them.

GuitarJambo

i missed e3verything due to playing a gig, what was this shirt like? i need to know!!!

Geoff Kilpatrick

Just a thought but could Ticketus also be Blue pitch holdings and as such now own a quarter of knobco

I mean you just dont hand over ?24m and dont have some sort of security, like Ibrox

There is talk that they are still in the game, they would have not gone quitely going oh dear that was a bad investment better luck next time. You just dont give a guy off the street like Whyte that sort of money, not even the season tickets, unless they still get them????

I think I read on RTC that Blue Pitch's registered address in London is a couple of doors down from Shooter's. I don't know how accurate that is but if true, I think it's too much of a coincidence.

FarmerTweedy

Exclusive in tomorrows S*n will be ?160m lost over 10 years

?1.6 billion over the next century.

?1.6 billion!

?1.6 BILLION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GuitarJambo

With whom?

i play solo but was playing alongside art of privilege tonight

Diadora Van Basten

Just thought I would mention what I believe to be the most true quote regarding the vote tomorrow:

"If you look after the sport the money will follow.

If you look after the money the sport will die."

GuitarJambo

Just thought I would mention what I believe to be the most true quote regarding the vote tomorrow:

"If you look after the sport the money will follow.

If you look after the money the sport will die."

top point!

Haven't really been paying too much attention this week but what's this stuff about changes to the SPL board?

Why? What? When? Why?

It is on YouTube already, all 13 mins of it. I noticed someone has posted it on the bears den forum under the Scotland tonight thread. Was having a laugh at them all saying Archie talks so much sense!

Found a 9min and 6 min video I thought might be it, but no sign of Alex Thompson, so I'm guessing it was the wrong one. :(

Edited by peter_hmfc

southside1874

Haven't really been paying too much attention this week but what's this stuff about changes to the SPL board?

Why? What? When? Why?

You don't have to pay any attention. The same old nonsense.......................

Well structured article in The Telegraph - basically sums it all up. Skulduggery from the Scottish football execs, the feeble tenuous grip on existence by Newco, how Scotland will become the laughing stock of world football if the Huns are shoehorned into league 1 based on the bribe of restructuring.

My tuppence worth.

Huns in the third division. Execs heads to roll. After all Saturday is Bastille Day - the annivsary of the French Revolution where they loped off heads in Place de la Concorde.

shaun.lawson

I honestly never knew Ewing Grahame was capable of such a brilliant piece. Roddy - your P45's in the post!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9396188/Rangers-in-crisis-SFL-to-cast-judgment-on-Rangers-and-the-Scottish-games-authorities.html

Ostensibly, they will convene to decide whether to allow Charles Green's reanimated Rangers to join their organisation in the First Division or, which is looking increasingly likely, the bottom tier. There is much at stake. At the last count 17 clubs had expressed their intention not to catapult the newco into the First Division.

That is not an outcome favoured by Stewart Regan and Neil Doncaster, the chief executives of the Scottish Football Association and the Scottish Premier League respectively. For weeks now they have attempted, with threats and bribes, to persuade the lower orders to comply with their opinion. Which is that, according to Regan, Scottish football will die ?a slow, lingering death? (presumably opposed to a fast, lingering death) if Green's Sevco Scotland Ltd is forced to begin life in the Third Division.

One would have expected Regan, as the figurehead of the ultimate governing body, to have remained neutral on this issue. Instead, following the SPL's decision to refuse to allow the oldco's membership share to be transferred to I-Can't Believe-It's Not-Rangers, he opined: "In the event there wasn't a Rangers, that's got dire consequences for the game and for Scottish society, generally.

"The economic impact and social unrest are all things that could result as an impact of having no Rangers. That matter will be considered next week by the Scottish Football League and, hopefully, there'll be an outcome whereby Rangers will be accepted into Division One of the SFL; which would allow some financial stability for clubs in the country."

It could be argued that the possibility of social unrest (a risible claim, at best) should be of little concern to a man who lives in Yorkshire. However, Regan's statement to the SFL clubs last week, that ?we have to put the rule book aside? on the subject of the reborn Rangers was truly breathtaking.

For a man charged with maintaining the probity of the national game to disregard the Scottish League's constitution with such contempt was quite staggering. His stance would also appear to remove two of the options remaining for the SFA's independent Appellate Panel. On May 29, at the Court of Session, Lord Glennie upheld Rangers' appeal against a 12-month transfer embargo, ruling it to be unlawful and returning the issue to the Tribunal.

Richard Keen, QC, acting for Rangers, argued successfully that the embargo was outwith the powers of the Tribunal, pointing out that a fine, suspension or expulsion from Scottish Football or a ban from entering the Scottish Cup were the sanctions open to them. With Regan clearly of the belief that the fabric of society would collapse should Green's newco suffer suspension or expulsion from the game (and a fine having already been imposed), that would leave only a ban from the tournament Rangers have failed to win in each of their last three attempts.

Incidentally, the Judicial Panel handed out its punishment on April 23, the Appellate Tribunal upheld their decision on May 16. Lord Glennie's decision came just 36 days after the Judicial Panel delivered their verdict. Since then 45 days have elapsed with no sign of the Appellate Tribunal meeting again.

Then again, it's now 25 days since Rod McKenzie, of Harper McLeod, the SPL's lawyers, deduced that there was ?a prima facie case to answer? in respect of improper registration of players. That investigation, too, appears to have been kicked into the long grass.

Regan and Doncaster, meanwhile, have cobbled together a set of promises in order to persuade SFL clubs to do their bidding and install the club formerly known as Rangers directly into the First Division. These incentives include a 16-team top tier with play-offs, a one-off payment of ?1 million for First Division broadcasting rights and a merged, restructured body renamed the Scottish Professional Football League.

In a joint statement by the three ruling bodies on Wednesday announcing this brave new world, it was claimed that these discussions have been taking place for over two years. However, only 12 months ago Doncaster and SFL chief executive David Longmuir were telling a Supporters Direct conference at the national stadium that there was no prospect of a 16-team SPL in the foreseeable future because it would cost the game ?20 million.

On Friday, in what is likely to be a long and heated meeting, the choice facing the clubs is effectively between short-term financial pragmatism and that much-maligned concept, sporting integrity. Sevco is not a football club. It is an off-the-shelf company which has never been a member of any league or association, cannot provide audited accounts or even details of their backers.

There also remains the possibility that Rangers' liquidators, BDO, may seek to annul the transaction which saw the Green party take control of the Light Blues. Yet Doncaster, who faces the awkward task of renegotiating the TV deal with Sky after making it clear how woeful the SPL will be without Rangers, is keeping his fingers crossed that greed will prevail. The SFL clubs must ensure that it does not. Should they admit Sevco into the First Division Scottish football will become a global laughing stock, its credibility extinguished.

Green's newco could cleanse itself of the sins of the fathers by beginning at the bottom. Rangers' demise also provides a valuable opportunity to restructure the Scottish game. In the happy event that justice is done on Friday, then Regan and Doncaster should have no part to play in that rebuilding.

Edited by shaun.lawson

J Cheever Loophole

Well structured article in The Telegraph - basically sums it all up. Skulduggery from the Scottish football execs, the feeble tenuous grip on existence by Newco, how Scotland will become the laughing stock of world football if the Huns are shoehorned into league 1 based on the bribe of restructuring.

My tuppence worth.

Huns in the third division. Execs heads to roll. After all Saturday is Bastille Day - the annivsary of the French Revolution where they loped off heads in Place de la Concorde.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW72Gmqjse4

Harry Palmer

Why? What? When? Why?

The guy from Motherwell is stepping down, so they're thinking of replacing him with their wee lapdog from Killie. :mellow:

ToadKiller Dog

The guy from Motherwell is stepping down, so they're thinking of replacing him with their wee lapdog from Killie. :mellow:

During the wages issue with us it was shown by Ewen Murray the hearts had not had any person on the SPL board for over 10 years I would imagine we must be due a turn .

Chaka Demus & pliers

During the wages issue with us it was shown by Ewen Murray the hearts had not had any person on the SPL board for over 10 years I would imagine we must be due a turn .

If true then that's ridiculous for consistently the 3rd best supported team in the league (2nd now).

From twitter 2 minutes ago.

Liam McLeod?@BBCLiamMcLeod

#Dunfermline chairman John Yorkston tells @bbcgms not to rule out a #Rangers newco getting into SPL if SFL vote them into 3rd Division

Will they go against all their members wishes and still put sevco 2012 into the SPL?

What a day, or week this is going to be.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic